homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » EE, by gum! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: EE, by gum!
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, like I said, you don't have to answer [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EtymologicalEvangelical:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha
The sheer, unwarranted arrogance grates.

Thus speaketh a paragon of humility!!!
I am not claiming humility, indeed it would not be accurate.
Please tell me where I have shown this and I will attempt to correct.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie
The thing which annoys me about your posts EE, is that you seem to feel the need to defend God.

Code for: "The thing which annoys me about your posts EE, is that you say things that I don't agree with. And that really pisses me off!!"

You piss me off even when I *do* agree with you. Just so you know.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo
Just so you know.

Ooh, I'm gutted.

Now I'm off back to watching the rugby: a great man's game of cuts and bruises, and minimal whinging...

(Perhaps, unlike me, you were brought up on the "knock me over with a feather" form of football, that our cousins call soccer?)

[ 23. February 2013, 16:57: Message edited by: EtymologicalEvangelical ]

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Now I'm off back to watching the rugby: a great man's game of cuts and bruises, and minimal whinging...

(Perhaps, unlike me, you were brought up on the "knock me over with a feather" form of football, that our cousins call soccer?)

Bitchy, bitchy...
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
The sheer, unwarranted arrogance grates.

Thus speaketh a paragon of humility!!!
Thus speaketh the logical fallacy generator. It doesn't matter if lilBuddha is arrogant. This is your hell call, not hers.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief
Thus speaketh the logical fallacy generator.

Easy to say. Rather more difficult to prove.

But good try anyway.

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

But good try anyway.

I gave the reason. You chose to ignore it. Bad try.

But since you seem unable to deduce, the fallacy is called "ad hominem."

[ 23. February 2013, 18:35: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
quote:

But good try anyway.

I gave the reason. You chose to ignore it. Bad try.

But since you seem unable to deduce, the fallacy is called "ad hominem."

Hostly Notice

I'm sure you guys both know, but just in case anyone is in any doubt Hell is the one place on the Ship in which ad hominem attacks (ie, playing the man, not the ball) are permitted, nay encouraged.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Just so you know.

Ooh, I'm gutted.

Yeah, that's true. But there's an awful lot of initimate groping and putting your head between another man's thighs, too. Tell the whole story at least [Big Grin] !

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel
EE has spent a lot of time arguing with atheists and has developed a QED type approach which is all about 'proving' things and using logic and trying to win arguments on that basis. Fine, as far as it goes ... but it doesn't quite cut the mustard.

I think Patdys is right. There is a place for apologetics but it can end up counter-productive.

And the alternative which is not counter-productive vis-a-vis atheists is.....?
seeing them as people and not a ministry.

It is the objectification of people which is an enormous hurdle to Christianity. Either God is what Christians claim and will convince people or not. Petty point scoring does not convince me of a loving God.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Just so you know.

Ooh, I'm gutted.

I wish you fucking would be. Because every time you get criticised for your posting style, you brush it off by saying "oh, it's because you don't agree with me".

No. It isn't. It's because of your God-awful posting style. Everything that's been said about it on this thread is true. It's combative, it's full of assertions of triumph and 'proof' that are completely unwarranted, and even as someone who agrees with you on some of your pet issues it's a total turn-off.

But you're never going to understand that because somewhere in your head is a weird mix of martyrdom and self-confidence.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
quote:
quote:
Just so you know.

Ooh, I'm gutted.

Yeah, that's true. But there's an awful lot of initimate groping and putting your head between another man's thighs, too. Tell the whole story at least [Big Grin] !
I really have to take up watching Rugby.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

― Charles Bukowski

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So EE is an exemplar of the Dunning-Kruger Effect?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by art dunce:
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

― Charles Bukowski

And also:
quote:
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity. ~W. B. Yeats

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ISTM, EE's posting is indicative of a confidence that can brook no denial; not for its strength, but for its fragility.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by art dunce:

Are you sure about that?

quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
And also:
quote:

Lord have mercy that is utter tripe!

Can you imagine a world where no-one ever had any conviction? Nothing would get done. Nothing would have been invented. We'd be a bunch of layabout vegetables dozing in the sun and smiling pleasantly at each other about nothing at all.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:

quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
And also:
quote:

Lord have mercy that is utter tripe!

Can you imagine a world where no-one ever had any conviction? Nothing would get done. Nothing would have been invented. We'd be a bunch of layabout vegetables dozing in the sun and smiling pleasantly at each other about nothing at all.

Sigh. That's not what Yeats is saying. He is lamenting the lack of conviction, not advocating it.

Moreover, he was saying this against the background of European politics in the 1930s.

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
ISTM, EE's posting is indicative of a confidence that can brook no denial; not for its strength, but for its fragility.

Yes, you are absolutely right. We poor human beings only believe things to be true, because our confidence in those truths is fragile. Any truth claim uttered with any confidence is clearly evidence that the person making the claim doesn't really believe it. After all, lilBuddha, you must be right, and who am I - poor, fragile and inferior as I am - to dare to question you?

Oh wait... but your assertion about me has also been expressed with confidence. That means, according to your own reasoning, that your conviction about the truth of this claim must be fragile!!

Phew, what a relief! You had me worried there for a moment, lilBuddha. I nearly didn't detect the subliminal compliment!

So thanks for that! You've made my day.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People who are really sure and certain about something are not often strident, angry and sarcastic about it IME - they are usually quietly confident.

There is quite a bit of "Me thinkest thou doth protest too much" in your posts (especially the one above, which is typical of your reactions here)

Why post angrily when discussing God? I don't understand.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
Originally posted by art dunce

and...

quote:
Originally posted by Porridge

Let me give you all a bit of advice, which I learnt from our very own Grokesx, who is also a refugee from the site from which I emigrated.

When the going gets tough in a debate with someone, whose views you really don't agree with, but you just cannot find a way to refute them, just plead the Dunning-Kruger!!

It's great. It might just work. You never know...

Actually there is another weapon I would like to add to your armoury, which could even be more effective than pleading the Dunning-Kruger, and that is:

Claim your opponent is using the Chewbacca Defence!

This is a tremendous device that really does get you out of a tight spot intellectually, without actually having to do any work.

Needless to say, I have had these two weapons used against me. They made me smile, if nothing else... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Why do you see people who disagree with you as 'opponents' and discussion as a fight which requires weapons?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

Because I use metaphors.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Because I use metaphors.

Very telling metaphors.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

Indeed.

--------------------

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie
There is quite a bit of "Me thinkest thou doth protest too much" in your posts (especially the one above, which is typical of your reactions here)

The key word in your comment is the innocuous word 'here'.

Where is 'here'?

Answer: hell.

I'll leave you to work out what I am trying to say...

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As for your colloquial ignorance EE, you failed to respond to my pointing out your failure of rhetoric, let alone 'reason' on the God On Trial thread. And anadromously here you vaunt your 'reason'.

And doubtless I'll be reconciled to you here I hope, and although my apology was genuine in Purgatory, it's STILL rankling, STILL curdling my milk and I'm a lying hypocrite. I HAVEN'T forgiven you obviously.

Which is unforgivable. As for your 'all I'm doing is explaining the bible to you neo-liberal dullards' - you are poor and blind and naked with me mate as you prance about in your Emperor's clothes.

And you IngoB.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
quote:

Yes, you are absolutely right. We poor human beings only believe things to be true, because our confidence in those truths is fragile. Any truth claim uttered with any confidence is clearly evidence that the person making the claim doesn't really believe it. After all, lilBuddha, you must be right, and who am I - poor, fragile and inferior as I am - to dare to question you?

Oh wait... but your assertion about me has also been expressed with confidence. That means, according to your own reasoning, that your conviction about the truth of this claim must be fragile!!

Phew, what a relief! You had me worried there for a moment, lilBuddha. I nearly didn't detect the subliminal compliment!

So thanks for that! You've made my day.

I know you think you are clever, but I will be more impressed when your rebuttals move beyond "I know you are, but what am I?"

BTW, you use the Chewbacca defense fairly often. It is amusing to see you claim it of others.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bukowski and Yeats CAN'T be right. EE is very confident.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

What comes across loud and clear, EE, is that you only see other people as foils to practice your animosity on.

(predicted response: Ooooh, I'm cut to the quick.)

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Because I use metaphors.

You also use lots of posts. Lots and lots of consecutive posts. You have posted consecutively four times on this thread alone, thrice successively once.

I know because I have to read the stuff [Snore]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I'm sure you guys both know, but just in case anyone is in any doubt Hell is the one place on the Ship in which ad hominem attacks (ie, playing the man, not the ball) are permitted, nay encouraged.

Oh, I understand that. I'm not complaining that it's unfair, or nasty, or hurts our widdle feewings. I'm pointing out that he is using this tactic in the course of an argument. ("Argument" in the sense of an attempt to rationally defend one's point of view against an opposing viewpoint.)

[ 24. February 2013, 15:22: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
BTW, you use the Chewbacca defense fairly often. It is amusing to see you claim it of others.

QED [Big Grin]

quote:
What comes across loud and clear, EE, is that you only see other people as foils to practice your animosity on.

And you only see Ship of Fools as a forum in which to practise your amateur psychology. (Do keep the day job).

Oh, and to keep your extremely impressive post count ticking over...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:

And you only see Ship of Fools as a forum in which to practise your amateur psychology. (Do keep the day job).

Oh, and to keep your extremely impressive post count ticking over...

Thank you for proving my point.

--------------------

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:

It's a pleasure, Mr Kindness, Restraint and Maturity.

[Disappointed]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:

It's a pleasure, Mr Kindness, Restraint and Maturity.

[Disappointed]

Ah. You catch me reacting to your being an asshole, and this proves what? Proves my point really.

ETA: This might actually be damning or something if I were the only one who has noticed what a scumbag you are. But as this thread proves, i'm not.

[ 24. February 2013, 15:37: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick
That said, I do feel I have been improved by some of the more, erm, well-meaning feedback that I have received on this board, and I only hope our evangelical acquaintance is of similar sensitivity.

I suppose in my defence (although admittedly it probably sounds a bit feeble), I am a refugee from another site, which was rather more combative. It's not easy to resist tarring all atheists with the same brush, especially when the same 'buttons' are pressed. Being called "a liar for Jesus" etc simply for holding views that the other person didn't agree with (as happened on the other site), has probably set up in me an unfortunate pugnacious set of reflexes. When I migrate I must remember to leave the old culture behind!

I will try to calm down (except when dear Gamaliel brings up the issue of speaking in tongues [Snigger] )

EE, this post gave me hope. It's just sad that you haven't followed it up. If anything, since that post you've been worse, not better.

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
ETA: This might actually be damning or something if I were the only one who has noticed what a scumbag you are.

Scumbag?

You're an abuser. Shame on you, mate.

quote:
Originally posted by goperryrevs
It's just sad that you haven't followed it up. If anything, since that post you've been worse, not better.

How do you expect me to respond to abuse, especially the kind of mean-spirited and spiteful abuse that mousethief has just dished out?

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
ETA: This might actually be damning or something if I were the only one who has noticed what a scumbag you are.

Scumbag?

You're an abuser. Shame on you, mate.

quote:
Originally posted by goperryrevs
It's just sad that you haven't followed it up. If anything, since that post you've been worse, not better.

How do you expect me to respond to abuse, especially the kind of mean-spirited and spiteful abuse that mousethief has just dished out?

How about concentrating on yourself for a change? People have told you nicely that your posting style is offensive and abusive and that any point you're trying to make is lost in the insults you throw in.

[ 24. February 2013, 17:15: Message edited by: Niteowl ]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I am not certain of the point of this thread any longer. Arguing with EE is like playing tennis against a broken tennis ball machine. One unvarying, slow shot; the counter to which the machine is incapable of understanding.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Typically Christian. Blind to the theology of abuse.

--------------------
Love wins

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Typical Martin, communicating like a magic 8 ball for no good reason.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by art dunce

and...

quote:
Originally posted by Porridge

Let me give you all a bit of advice, which I learnt from our very own Grokesx, who is also a refugee from the site from which I emigrated.

When the going gets tough in a debate with someone, whose views you really don't agree with, but you just cannot find a way to refute them, just plead the Dunning-Kruger!!

It's great. It might just work. You never know...

Actually there is another weapon I would like to add to your armoury, which could even be more effective than pleading the Dunning-Kruger, and that is:

Claim your opponent is using the Chewbacca Defence!

This is a tremendous device that really does get you out of a tight spot intellectually, without actually having to do any work.

Needless to say, I have had these two weapons used against me. They made me smile, if nothing else... [Big Grin]

[Disappointed]

I think I see your problem, or part of it. You apparently think I've attempted an argument with my Dunning-Kruger comment. I didn't. It was merely a comment. It was also the only post (until this one) I've made on this thread.

In fact, no argument need be made here. You can just carry on with your multiply-sequential posts, delving away at your own hole while the rest of us can simply stand by to watch.

Or we could if it were entertaining. Alas, you're not managing even that.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
Or we could if it were entertaining. Alas, you're not managing even that.

And this is the biggest disappointment.
The quality of chew-toys in Hell has certainly declined.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Your servant Ma'am. EE is abusive. His gospel is abusive. His theology is abusive. I'm just counter-abusive.

--------------------
Love wins

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl
People have told you nicely that your posting style is offensive...

Nicely?

As in 'scumbag'??

Yep. That's very nice.

What I find fascinating about this thread is that Yorick pulled me up on something and I actually apologised. And then the small-minded, sanctimonious, smarmy, unforgiving, self-righteous pathetic rent-a-mob took over.

If my gospel of grace, repentance and forgiveness is abusive, then so be it. I much prefer it to the unforgiving, unmerciful, hypocritical, double standards pseudo-gospel of post-modern liberalism.

Final post of mine on this stupid thread (and no, I won't be reading any more of it, so say what you like - it won't reach me.)

I can only assume that you lot are pitching into me to hide your own shortcomings. That tends to be the way with the self-righteous.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:

Final post of mine on this stupid thread (and no, I won't be reading any more of it, so say what you like - it won't reach me.)

Yes you will - it's human nature to want to know what people are saying about us [Smile]

quote:

If my gospel of grace, repentance and forgiveness is abusive, then so be it.

Your gospel?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:

I can only assume that you lot are pitching into me to hide your own shortcomings. That tends to be the way with the self-righteous.

There are times when there's not enough irony in the world to meet the demand.
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

There are times when there's not enough irony in the world to meet the demand.
Indeed. I ran out of irony around about the time lilBuddha, of all people, was being attacked for arrogance.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016