homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Secret Santa 2012 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Secret Santa 2012
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My parcel is purchased, the wrapping paper is sitting on my table waiting, and the boy is poised for a run to the post office. It will undoubtedly arrive late - apologies to the person with a little space in their stocking as yet unfilled.. What is it about my life that it always seems to get traumatic when there are deadlines to meet?

IN other news, there is an enticing parcel sitting next to the hamster cage waiting for the big day before I can open it. My cat Charlie already loves it - it is a perfect cat-sized seat with prime viewing!

[ 19. December 2012, 07:40: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An enor-mouse package arrived for me yesterday! It contained many exciting parcels, and I'm being a good Earwig and leaving them until the 25th. Thank you, lovely French Secret Santa, you've spend lots of time and thought on this, I suspect! And the card is beautiful.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My parcel was entrusted to the elves yesterday. Last sleigh date is Friday so I would imagine it will get there on time.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The postman delivered a packet from Ireland this morning. I'm itching to open it but so far I've been good...

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As I'm away over Christmas I opened the pressie, today. Thank you Santa, I now have a beautiful Christmas pudding hanging on the tree.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ading to my lists, there's a few santas who still haven't posted their presents, and a few santees who should have received theirs by now!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An enticing parcel from the U S of A is now sitting, waiting, waiting where my tree would be if I had one. [Razz]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm beginning to wonder if the reindeer have eaten mine, as my Santee hasn't posted to say it's been received. That said, s/he hasn't been around on the ship for a while either, so I suspect RL may have got in the way.

Oh, if you're my Santa, please don't be disturbed if you don't hear about your gift arriving. I'm travelling around over Christmas/New Year so there may well be a time lag between a gift arriving and me actually receiving it!

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nothing arrived for me as yet....

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Before Christmas comes and I open my gift for this year, I just wanted to thank again my Secret Santa from last year, if they are still around. and tell them I have used their lovely gift most every day in the past year.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
ST
Shipmate
# 14600

- Posted      Profile for ST     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Even more useless at being online than normal, but thankyou to my Secret Santa, a package arrived a few days ago and I've resisted the temptation to unwrap anything just yet.

And I posted to my Santee just the other day too.

--------------------
Formerly nowsouthwest - but moved!

Posts: 114 | From: No longer in the South-west of the UK! | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been watching out for the elves but no sign yet. But there is still time, and perhaps it'll come with the magi instead.
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got a box in the mail today and put the contents under the tree. [Big Grin] Thank you!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa came! I'm being good and not opening it until Tuesday.
Thank you, American Santa!

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Elf delivered this morning - must have bumped into postman.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nothing has arrived yet, obviously because Santa knows that "Ukrainian" (Orthodox) Christmas is observed hereabouts. (Typical Edmonton conversation: "Should we take down the office decorations yet?" Nah, let's leave them up for Ukrainian Christmas.")

No indication yet that my santee has received their gift. Canada Post is definitely getting coal in its stocking. [Disappointed]

[ 22. December 2012, 13:06: Message edited by: Meg the Red ]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I've seen no indication that my gift has arrived which worries me since I sent it 3-5 business delivery two saturdays ago... [Eek!]

As I haven't received mine yet either, I'm adding the USPS to the list of coal recipients this year...

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nor mine...but it was sent on the absolutely finally last possible day for posting packages to its particular destination...plus I actually missed the final collection from the post office due to avoiding the ginormous queue...but i still hoped that it might just have got to where it was going in time for Christmas.

Apologies, Santee...it IS on its way, I promise.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Purchased and posting tomorrow. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All you people who are waiting. As I think I've said before on previous iterations, children may open packages when they arrive.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I like to savor the Secret Santa experience.

(cue the Pointer Sister's "Slow Hands')

My sendee is sure going to have to wait-- I think it will be Monday when the package gets in the mail. All financial things going well.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
...cue the Pointer Sister's "Slow Hands'...

[nostalgic tangent moment]

An ex [now long dead] and I had that as one of our snogging songs.

[/nostalgic tangent moment]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

That must be a lovely memory.

[Tear] (for real-- been fighting a few of my own.)

--------------------

Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmm, one I mailed priority (2 to 3 days) and was assured it would arrive the 20th (which would be 2 days), has not been reported received yet, meaning it's overdue for priority mail. Is US mail running slow this year?

(Nothing received here either but I know some people are a tad late mailing.)

Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am now at MiL's house & can report that there isa parcel claiming to be from a shipmate. I look forward to opening it. Only 2 more sleeps!! Thank you, shippie. Thank you St Gladwys.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa doesn't love me. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, thank you, Santa. your present came yesterday. I can't wait to open it up on Christmas.

[Axe murder] Motherboard

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No Secret Santa parcel here yet. We're away after Christmas so I won't be able to retrieve any such thing or post about it till Epiphany.

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posted. [Cool]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Parcel arrived. Not long to wait to open it!

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A big thanks to my Santa. Parcel arrived over a week ago. I have been good. Suusan has been as egging me on to open it early but I have been good!

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can see that there are some packages on their way and some Santas have pm'd to say their packags will be late. I'll go through the lists again on 12th night to check who, if anyone, hasn't received their package.

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to spell your name wrong St Gwladys. Hope you'll forgive me!

--------------------
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm afraid I was late flagging down the elves, and they may still be en route. Good job there are 12 days of Christmas.

I have received my parcel, though, and look forward to opening it tomorrow.

Hugal hasn't received his yet either, so we have more fun to look forward to during the usual 'boring bit' between Christmas and New Year. (Which I see has been designated as 'Twixtmas' by some marketing gurus!)

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gift opening will not take place here until all the family assemble on Boxing Day.
RoS

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I opened my gift this evening when all of family was over for dinner. Thank you my Secret Santa from across the pond. The little felt tree is hanging on our large one, the knit sack will be the new home for my rosary, and the lovely hand stamped keepsake tin, is awaiting my treasures. I think I will be using it to hold postage stamps on my desk. I must have been very good this year to be treated to all the above and candy as well. PS when I opened the tin, youngest grandchild from across the room yelled CANDY, DID YOU GET CANDY GRAMMY? [Killing me] I did share, so thank you from me and the grandchildren.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Package in mail-- post office predicted "within the week."

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A small financial nightmare meant that the parcel didn't make it into the post in time - however I'm now a bit more flush now my pay has gone into the bank and the parcel will be on its way as soon as my personal elf can make it to an open post office.

As for me, Santa has been very very kind and made me giggle a lot too this morning. I have malteser hot chocolate, rather good looking chocolates (which the boy reckons he's going to share.....), a groovy boggle-eyed purple pen, a rather gormless looking pump-action penguin torch, and the most wonderful, wonderful, wonderful penguin packed to the brim with marshmallows.

Thank you so so much.

I hope my parcel brings as much joy when it finally arrives at its destination.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, Californian Santa, for my Jerome Kern CD and beautiful card.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

Santa has delivered macadamia nuts in chocolate. Yummy. Thank you very much.

--------------------

Dormouse

# 5954

My generous ( I'm guessing Scottish-based) Santa send lovely, lovely gifts...a spurtle, for my porridge (I use the microwave, but that shall change!!!), a tartan tree decoration (perfect for ribbing MiL who did not get a tree this year!), a Lewis chess set pencil, and a personalized Christmas coaster for my hot toddy (I was given 2 bottles of whisky for prezzies too...tho not from my secret Santa.) Thank you so very much. Happy Christmas to my sender and to you all.

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Many thanks to my Santa for a beautiful glass pendant in gorgeous amber shades, and a bar of Divine white chocolate with strawberries, which I shall have to ration to myself. [Yipee]

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, Santa for a lovely pair of home-made mittens - just what I wanted - and choccy too! [Yipee]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Santa! I'm now the proud owner of a Morgan! A Morgan keychain anyway, along with a very cool calendar of vintage British automobiles and some yummy looking chocolates. Thank you!

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pants:
Santa doesn't love me. [Waterworks]

Or it could be that I'm talking complete bollox!!

Thank you to the lovely Ship Santa who snuck something under my tree without me noticing!!! A fab looking church joke book! Thank you. [Smile]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Santa for the beautiful sun catcher and the yummy looking chocolate! [Yipee]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow! I'd said I'd like something local to Santa. The customs slip said "candies" and "ceramics." "Candy" is one of those pond-difference words, so I couldn't wait to find out what "candy" might mean. It turns out it meant "cow tales" caramel (which I'm saving to show littlest god-daughter, who has a thing about cows), chocolate made with organic turbinado sugar, and creamed honey (which I'll open at breakfast tomorrow.)

The ceramics couldn't have been more local to Santa as they are hand-made! Wow! All lustrous and pretty!

It didn't stop there. The card was decorated and written in local ink, which has impressed the science-geek members of my family.

Thank-you thoughtful, arty and creative Santa!!

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, Santa, for the keepsakes from Chicago, and a note card from your(?) church?

And thanks to St G for making it all happen.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Santa for the very pretty dove tree ornaments which went straight on the tree and the little Santa brooch which I have pinned to my dress.
Annie

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Thank you, Santa for the lovely gator plushie and the penguin duck tape that make me bounce up and down and scream a certain name over and over, to the complete befuddlement of my family.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016