homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Secret Santa 2012 (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Secret Santa 2012
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Santa for the packets of organic chocolate, the bag of English candy, and the World Quiz! A mixed secret bag of goodies!

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Motherboard and I opened the presents from our secret santas today, and say "Thank You".

Hers was a silver bird ornament and a strawberry pin.

And in mine was a card, along with three presents wrapped in hand printed paper, suggesting I open the multi-day candle first!

In future years should we put "Open on Arrival" on the packages where appropriate?

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Secret Santa (from Scotland, I presume?) has left in my stocking a beautiful ceramic heart with handpainted thistles (now hanging on my tree), a beautifully-packaged bar of thistle soap, and some choccy. Thank you so very much!

And many thanks, St G, for all your efforts organizing the gift exchange.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am now proud possessor of a lovely calendar of panoramas (panoramae?) of Guernsey! It is a place I have never visited, but it is definitely on my list now.

Thank you very much, Secret Santa. It shall hang in my study and keep me on track for the year.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was VERY GOOD and didn't open my Secret Santa Package before Christmas. Also rather shortsighted, as I won't be home from my travels till 29th. But it will be an extra nice surprise. Thank you.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so very much Santa for my lovely little knit stocking, which has been brightening up the tree. In the parcel, which I opened today when I got back from the family home of Mr Shew, was a gorgeous smelling soap and some pampering facemask - both wonderful and very much appreciated! [Axe murder]

Thank you again to St Gwladys for organising the sending. [Overused]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have had almost zero internet access for ten days or so - just since the wonderful parcel from Oxford arrived. Funnily enough a few days ago I was thinking, as I hung (hanged?) out the washing, how much I love tea towels - truly! The one that arrived is however far to fine to use, so we may find a way to feature it ... and may well cook a recipe or two from the other wee gift.

So thank you, secret santa ... hugely appreciated

[Axe murder]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
PS ... didn't open until Christmas day ...

and thank you St G ... [Overused]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And thanks to you, my not-so-secret Santa, for some yummy Hand-Made Australian Chocolates.
Dark chocolate with nutty centres - my absolute favourites!

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Paranoid]

--------------------

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I received multiple goodies, amongst which was a hand knitted(?) beanie. As I work in a cancer unit I donated said beanie to them as it will be put to very good use (a hint for any other beanie knitters [Big Grin] ).

Thank you SS

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much Secret Santa - and thank you to Santa's helper, dearest Dormouse (I'd guessed before I saw the postcard)! [Big Grin]

One of the highlights of my Christmas morning was opening a plethora of secret parcels, containing some lovely vintage lace for my crafty activities, a lovely little pot, a gorgeous scarf (which kept me warm in town yesterday) and a stunning little 1930's brass cicada. I also loved the cat magnets and the cat book - the big fat spotty cat magnet looks a lot like my Tessy cat!

So thank, you, thank you, thank you. I love them all! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to be of service! [Yipee]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa brought me three delightful pots of fruit conserve...and a Nashville Tennessee key ring. The jam will be enjoyed on toast and the key ring deployed on my extensive collection of keys!

Thank you, Santa!

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This morning I was making the boys breakfast and looked out the window to the lanai and saw a beautiful array of bright lights. The sunlight was catching the crystals of the wind chime sent me by my Secret Santa! Thank you!

[ 28. December 2012, 01:06: Message edited by: Ruudy ]

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa somehow managed to arrive without my seeing him. A generous package of the most delicious smelling orange cinnamon tea, a mug just right for serious tea drinking (from a restaurant I obviously need to visit next time I'm in California), and a charming ornament.

It's fun to have something come a bit after Christmas (with prior warning about the timing), the hectic has died down and there's time to savor the gift. The water is almost hot, one cuppa coming up!

Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got a wonderful package of goodies: a card with stained glass windows, cute gingerbread people ornaments, a sparkly Christmas brooch, and a chocorit Pocket Penguin. Hmmm It's so cute, I almost don't dare eat it. Thanx Santa!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today an elf delivered a package from Santa - a calendar with wonderful photos of the Great Ocean Road. He certainly lives in a beautiful part of the world (I think Lapland has moved Way Far South) and I think I'm going to be adding it to my "must visit" list; meanwhile I shall enjoy a new location each month.
Thank you Secret (although I think I've guessed [Biased] ) Santa.

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Finally got home today and opened my transatlantic package, with a lovely little Greek icon attached, to find a hand embroidered tea cloth, with teapot and flowery cup motifs. THANK YOU. Hand made stuff is so good - I shall cherish it. [Yipee]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

It even has embroidered steam!

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm still a bit concerned that my recipient hasn't posted to say they've received their package.

Please, dear Santee, I know it's a busy time, but please drop a note to say you got it.

(And Santa, I'm away. I won't know if your parcel has arrived until next weekend at the earliest)

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nothing arrived here yet, but an elf came with a message that Santa has been delayed by a bad case of Real Life. All of which will help me with my aim to make Christmas last even longer this year [Biased]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you are still having problems posting, or haven't received your gift,or simply don't want to post that you have posted or receieved, please pm me - I am trying to keep my lists up to date.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have that the following haven't yet received -

Surfing Madness
Hugal
Fool of the Ship
Pants
Meg the Red
Rowan
La Vie en Rouge
Kasra
Barerfoot Friar
Sophs
Kingsfold

Some of these have had a message from me to say thet there have been problems in getting their parcel in the post, but if I haven't pm'd you, could you please confirm whether you've received your parcel? [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I posted before Christmas. I revived a lovely new Christmas decoration.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:

Mouth-to-mouth?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It occurs to me that I ought to put in a word for St Gwladys here. You may have noticed her absence from this thread for a few days - she was not having a hissy fit.

On Boxing Day, St G had an MS-induced fall (no alcohol was involved at all) and wrenched her (bad side) knee. This made walking difficult and uncomfortable.

On the night of 28th, she had a number of MS-induced spasms in the same leg, which did an even more thorough job of wrenching the knee joint and made walking painful and nigh impossible. Whilst we have a stair lift, the design of our house is somewhat odd - the lift delivers St G to a landing from whence two (rather shallow) steps take her to our bedroom, or a right-angle turn, a step, another right-angle turn, three more steps and a long landing take her to our computer room. She has slept downstairs in a recliner chair since Boxing Day and has not been able to reach her computer until today.

We have a "Cancer sucks" thread in Hell - believe me, I understand that, having watched both of my parents and both of St G's parents succumb to cancer - but I cannot claim to be too much of fan of MS, being forced to watch it slowly destroying my wife.

--------------------
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: I do not exaggerate!

Posts: 1101 | From: The catbox | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:

Mouth-to-mouth?
You beat me to it ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For both of you, and for all in this community living wih MS.

St. G, you are beyond awesome.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
St G, hope you have a better patch soon.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think we all know someone who deals with MS. And perhaps the Hell Hosts might feel kindly disposed to allow you to start a Chronic diseases suck thread. Ask them.

Not me, as I have been dehosted at my request for a time.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

quote:
I think we all know someone who deals with MS. And perhaps the Hell Hosts might feel kindly disposed to allow you to start a Chronic diseases suck thread. Ask them.

Thanks for the suggestion, Pete. I think I'll try to resist the temptation. It would be too easy to rant on such a thread: St G with her MS, me with type 1 diabetes, Lord P with dyspraxia... [Mad]

I'm sure you all get the picture [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darllenwr:
quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Pete. I think I'll try to resist the temptation. It would be too easy to rant on such a thread: St G with her MS, me with type 1 diabetes, Lord P with dyspraxia... [Mad]

To give evertone a fuller picture of the situation- the family are lovely. They are excellent company and are entirely positive about everything.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
quote:
Originally posted by Darllenwr:
quote:

To give evertone a fuller picture of the situation- the family are lovely. They are excellent company and are entirely positive about everything.
Now I am seriously embarrased. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's true though!

Actually I assumed St G was enjoying Christmas/New Year rather than spending her days online! Shame this wasn't the case. An extra tot of the Ship's finest rum to her, and to you all.

I am saddened my Santee hasn't received yet, but life went rather mad, and I took the concept of 'missing the deadline' to Douglas Adams-style extremes, so it is my own fault.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
to all with chronic conditions. And thanks, St.G, for all you do.

--------------------

Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My parcel to my santee was posted late, due to a bad attack of Real Life.

My parcel arrived... a lovely new book to read! Thank you!

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Weeder and Gill - awwww| At the risk of this turning into a mutual appreciation society, I've really liked all the shipmates I've met in real life and appreciate them as friends.

--------------------

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't had my parcel yet, but I had a pm from Santa a couple of weeks ago to say it would be late.
(Also our post is quite slow, so if you have sent it already Santa don't worry it'll turn up and be a lovely surprise at some point)

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My apologies - I posted that I had got the packet, but not that I had opened it.

A very RED handmade lampshade [Smile]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Came home today to discover that Santa has reached Ireland from Australia! (It's a long journey)
A lovely pot holder with koalas on it, and a Spurtle, together with a helpful label telling me where they are from!
Now I shall have to make some porridge.
Thank you Santa!

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spurtles are obviously very "in" this year, Cheesymarzipan, as I received one too!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aye Dormouse, but yours came from Scotand (the home of porridge), whereas cheezymarzipan's came from Oz. [Eek!] Not somewhere I associate with porridge!
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got home from our travels to a mysterious package from the USA. Contents entirely unlabelled so I am assuming that the two puzzle books within were from a Secret Santa... Thank you - it will be interesting to see how they compare with ones from this side of the Pond!

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Aye Dormouse, but yours came from Scotand (the home of porridge), whereas cheezymarzipan's came from Oz. [Eek!] Not somewhere I associate with porridge!

Your spurtle wasn't from me but my dad made porridge every morning when I was a child. He had it pretty well every day of his life for breakfast. We were allowed Weetbix for three weeks every year at out beach holiday.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just to let you know Hugal hasn't received his gift yet. Hopefully this means a little splash of fun will enliven the grey wastes of January!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

So, ccording to my list, the following haven't yet recieved:
Meg the Red
Rowen
Sophs
Kingsfold
Hugal
Fool of the Ship
Pants.

I know there have been problems with one or two, and I know that some packages are on their way. PLEASE let me know when your package has arrived - if you don't want to post, please pm me so I can notify your Santa.

--------------------

Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've not received yet either (although I knew mine was delayed)
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

I heard someone on Radio 4 the other day saying that actually there are 40 days of Christmas, right up until Candlemas.

So there's still plenty of time left [Big Grin]
But since I know mine is one of the delayed ones, I'm not too bothered that it hasn't got here yet.

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Yea, and verily when I got home yesterday, I discovered that Santa had visited.

Thank you very much [Big Grin] .

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016