homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Perf Meet: Mr Curly Goes West, March 2013

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Perf Meet: Mr Curly Goes West, March 2013
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So as not to clog up the Aus/NZ thread . . .

I'll be in Perth from 18 March to 26 March.

Already proposed is a centrally located luncheon on Wed 20th or Fri 22nd.

Comments, availability, counter suggestions, etc welcome.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just SMS'd AP and PM'd Celsti via Facebook. Perhaps they will grace us with their presence.
Friday is possible for me, Wednesday far less so.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can do either, in the CBD most easily.
Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Friday is good for me.

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is anyone in contact with the elusive JD/Coot?

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And what of the less elusive jugular and Evensong?

--------------------

----

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
# 4431

We'd have to change the venue from last time then. I don't think they're allowed back in yet.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AdamPater:
We'd have to change the venue from last time then. I don't think they're allowed back in yet.

[Killing me]

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, that's looking like Friday 22nd March.

Not kowing all the places from where you've been previously barred, I'll have to leave it to the locals to determine a venue.

mr curly

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If it is where they have been banned individually rather than collectively you could be meeting in Broome!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In which case, you could almost swim across.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
jugular
Voice of Treason
# 4174

- Posted      Profile for jugular     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Friday 22 March at lunchtime is good for me. I hereby suggest the Brisbane Hotel for lunch. It is convivial, with a good menu and choice of drinkies. I'm happy to make a booking closer to the time, as Friday lunch can sometimes fill up.

--------------------
We’ve got to act like a church that hasn’t already internalized the narrative of its own decline Ray Suarez

Posts: 2599 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any Mrs Curlies or Mrs rexories coming?

I'm thinking about dragging along Mr Evensong.

Friday should be cool for me but I'll have to be out of there at about 12:50 to attend a 1:30 pm lecture in Freo. Like I said b4, might be better to just pop in and say hello.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Mrs Curly will be staying in Sydee to keep Chez Curly running smoothly. Me, I'll be going wild in Bogan City all by myself for a week.

mr curly

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

Mrs R will not be in attendance. She has another commitment.

--------------------

AdamPater
# 4431

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
... in Bogan City ...

[Paranoid] I see you haven't forgotten last time then... [Help]

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

*bump*

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

So, high noon on the 22nd.

How do people feel about Jug's suggestion for venue, esp city based workers (if any)?

mr curly

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
So, high noon on the 22nd.

How do people feel about Jug's suggestion for venue, esp city based workers (if any)?

mr curly

Would probably prefer the city but can make either.

--------------------

AdamPater
# 4431

Venue's doable, but a bit of a hike. No doubt better parking for those non-CBD types. Make it so.

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

I can take or leave the Brisbane. But if jugs is organising it, I'll go. If Rex or AP want something more CBD then that's ok with me too.

--------------------

----

jugular
Voice of Treason
# 4174

- Posted      Profile for jugular     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The sausage rolls at the Briz are pretty much the best things ever.

--------------------
We’ve got to act like a church that hasn’t already internalized the narrative of its own decline Ray Suarez

AdamPater
# 4431

So many things not to say...

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

Brisbane, it is, then? We'll drink a toast or two two our shipmates (and those emeritus!) from that great city [Smile]

[ 14. March 2013, 02:05: Message edited by: rexory ]

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Off to the airport this afternoon.

So much to share. I can't wait to tell you all about my plan for world cricket domination, revolving as it does around my new comedic cricket website and the offers for syndication that are flooding in.

mr curly

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

When stressed about travel, one prefers not to have a train cancelled on the way to the airport. Plenty of time, but you know, one could do without it.

mr curly.

--------------------

AdamPater
# 4431

If only there were a wise and spiritual guide, mentor and soul-friend to step in, make a booking and advise the time. Oh, if only.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

quote:
If only there were a wise and spiritual guide, mentor and soul-friend to step in, make a booking and advise the time. Oh, if only.

Indeed. Have landed in BoganCity. All is well with the world.

mr curly

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was told last week I have to attend an information session at 10 am for my classroom immersion on Friday.......might be a bit tight [Frown] ....see how we go.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

Just to clarify, "high noon" = 12 noon?

--------------------

AdamPater
# 4431

Do not forsake me oh my pastor.

(Pasta?)

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

quote:
Do not forsake me oh my pastor.

(Pasta?)

[Razz]

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Only 2 more sleeps!

mr curly

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

See you all tomorrow at 12.

If a booking is necessary, I guess someone will make one?

Ahoy, there!

mr curly

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

Not looking good from my end I'm afraid. Was expecting a school allocation today and have run into hiccups. Need to catch up with prac officer after the briefing.

Sorry all.

(But tis a bloke event as it stands so you'll probably be better off without me [Big Grin] ).

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

jugular
Voice of Treason
# 4174

I'm glad you're not coming, Evensong. Now I will be able to burp and fart with impunity, and talk about how women don't really understand me.

I will call in the morning and make a booking - but I reckon we will be alright for a table.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by jugular:
I'm glad you're not coming, Evensong. Now I will be able to burp and fart with impunity, and talk about how women don't really understand me.

I knew it! I knew it!

(Secret mens business is such a mystery)

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

And a good blokey time was enjoyed by Mr Curly, AdamPater, Jugular and yours truly!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have so enjoyed being in Oz with you lot again! [Frown]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
And a good blokey time was enjoyed by Mr Curly, AdamPater, Jugular and yours truly!

Good to hear [Smile]

( In the meantime, Evensong is still having trouble being placed in an Anglican school to teach RE. *sigh*)

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

quote:
Originally posted by rexory:

Indeed! I followed up the legendary sausage rolls and steak sandwich with pizza tonight.

Better not have eggs Benedict in Freo in the morning as planned.

mr curly

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

We missed you, DK. PM me if you're free Monday sometime.

mr curly

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

I am an idiot. Completely forgot to put this in my calendar. I had in my head that it was next week. [Waterworks]
Sorry, Curls, three lectures back to back on Monday.

--------------------

----

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016