homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pete's annual chili powder thread (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pete's annual chili powder thread
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guaranteed to warm your tastebuds! Hand-selected and dried on a Wodderesque roof-top. Fresh from the local mill.

But you have to reserve your baggie!

Available on request at selected meets in Edinburgh, York and London.

Just tell me what meet you will be at.

The line forms to the left.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me! ME!
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had soe of Woddechilli last year when he visited the UK and we had a shipmeet in the Forest of Dean. It's good stuff! Unfortunately, we live much to far south to get to any of those venues, otherwise I'd be saying "yes please!"

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of these days, Pete's pilgrimage to the east would be most welcome, especially bearing chilli from the unfrozen east.....

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alternatively, you could book your chilli baggie, and ask soemone who will be in Edinburgh/York/london to post it to you...
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
..If anyone is willing to do this.... [Overused] [Angel]

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Naturally [Big Grin]

Book your baggies with Pete and I'll collect in Embra and post on.

Of course, you'll need to PM your addresses.

[ 10. March 2013, 20:47: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I scored 2 baggies when Pete was in the Forest. It is such good stuff it goes a long way.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Non-Edinburgh/York/London shippies, do not despair - I will probably be in UK in May so will probably bring some with me - my itinerary will probably include Bristol [and possibly Lydney], Liverpool/Manchester and a bit of Leafy Surrey.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Moonlitdoor has kindly offered, so yes please I'd like some. I won't rerfuse some from The Man Himself when you come to the UK though!

--------------------

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, last time we had two bags of really excellent chilli. Not habanero hot by the way, just a nice and tasty heat. I can heartily recommend this stuff. I'd happily get another fix. Problem is, I'm not sure if I can make London. We are probably in the process of hunting for a (or moving) house then...

And while the offer to send the chilli is much appreciated, I already got the last two bags delivered through Marvin. At some point I just feel too guilty about not meeting the generous hotheads involved, and shouting them a drink. So maybe next year. But thanks for the previous sample again!

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like some please! Not for me though, I like my curry wimpy English girl strength, but the others in the house occasionally like eating something with kick.
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm hoping to be in Edinburgh, and would like some, please.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
Well, last time we had two bags of really excellent chilli. Not habanero hot by the way, just a nice and tasty heat.

I'd say it's comparable to cayenne chilli powder heat-wise. Hot, but not terminally so!

And while I agree that it's excellent stuff, I've still got plenty left thanks to Wodders' generosity last year so I won't be requiring a supply this time round [Smile] .

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is vaguely possible that I will be in UK briefly a second time this year in late November and early December so folks that are running short by then might get a top-up.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The chilies are drying nicely on the rooftop as I type and will be shortly ground into God's Own™ powder.

I will be leaving these sunny climes in just about 3 weeks.

Get your order in!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would someone be happy to send some to me please? I cannot get to any meets as they are too far, though I'd love to actually meet some shipmates. But I do also love to cook [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May I, please? I'll PM you, Kingsfold.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Am happy to play courier for Heavenly Anarchist & St Everild, and anyone else who needs postal deliveries.

Moonlit door is couriering for St Glwadys, yes?

[ 24. March 2013, 16:36: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

--------------------

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As it looks like we'll get to meet you [Smile] it would seem rude not to request a bag of such a delicacy!
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

So here's the story so far:
  • Firenze
  • Sophs
  • Kingsfold
  • North East Quine
  • Heavenly Anarchist
  • St. Everild
  • Derf
  • St Gladwys
  • Pete for Canada - 6 bags

Have I missed anyone?

Because the bags are being filled and you have until Friday March 26 noon BST to make corrections or add your name.

LAST CALL!

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Friday March 29th?

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
Friday March 29th?

Yes.

Do you want chili?

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can somebody pick up for me if I don't make it to Edinburgh? If so yes please.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Yes, will pick up chilli for Surfing Madness if she doesn't make Edinburgh.

Japes, are you needing a postal packet or are you meeting with Pete along the way? If the former, I'll post on if you send me an address.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for asking, and for offering to post, but no thank you to chilli. It would be wasted here, and from all accounts that would be a terrible sin.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't suppose you'd be willing to mail some, once you're back on this continent?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello! [Smile]

We'd love a bag of the hot stuff here too! Thank you very much Wodders and Pete!

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Added:

• Jack the Lass
  • Surfing Madness

Mamacita: Although, for you, I would cheerfully post, I am quite unsure whether your postal service would be happy to deliver a package with a customs sticker "Chili powder".

Perhaps you could check your government's website and get back to me?

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pete, from what I'm able to find, it looks like there is plenty of importation of chili powder to the US, so I don't think there will be a problem. I've received different foodstuffs from my Ship Secret Santas over the years, so I think it will be OK.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Ainsi soit-il. (So be it)

You will have to wait til I get back to Canada, though.

• Mamacita

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Ça suffit. (That'll do.)

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Time is winding down, people. Only a few hours to go.

Oh, and there was me thinking BST was already in effect. I expect that the packing and sealing of packets will take place after supper tonight.

So get your name on the list!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

• Spike

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Time extended to Easter Monday. Noon GMT.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erm....

Is it too late to ask for a consignment for the York meet?

X post - no it isn't.

Pack for balam and LRP please Pete.

[ 30. March 2013, 15:07: Message edited by: balaam ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

• balaam and LRP

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

• Wet Kipper

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm too slow. Och, could you just bring a proper spice market back for me? Every time I see pics of fruit/veg or fish markets or spice markets, I just salivate. Trying to imagine all the heady smells.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Never fear, my dear. Uncle Pete, in his great wisdom, had other packs made up.

• Flausa

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

No more bags available. That is to say, the powder is used up. [Frown]

Anyone who wants some will have to wait for Wodders to find England.

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Had a bit of an attack of RL after meeting with Pete last week, but the chilli baggies are now in the mail. [Big Grin]

[ 22. April 2013, 13:31: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Uncle Pete, for courier services
Thank you, WW, for sourcing the chilli powder
and thank you Kingsfold for posting on.

Package arrived safely this morning.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

[Eek!] that's impressive - it only went in the post yesterday with a second class stamp!
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As mentioned on the English spoken here thread, I tried out the powder for the first time this weekend with a spicy lentil and veg soup. I wasn't sure if I'd overdone it or been too tentative as I wasn't sure how hot it was, but I can report it is very tasty with a pleasant tang and isn't blowing my head off (always good!). Thank you very much Wodders and Pete [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The chilli has arrived and smells lovely! Thank you so much Pete and kingsfold, I will be using it tomorrow to make spicy sausage casserole.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the chilli, It had been given to my son, the chief cook of the household. I'll let you know what he come up with in the way of vegetarian recipes using chili.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks WW, Pete and Kinsfold chili has arrived safely. My flatmate wants to know when I am going to make chili (and is also slightly scared to eat something which has spice that has come via people from the "internet".)

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

If you know any of the usual suspects in Edinburgh check my references. I'm a cute little bunny, I is!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Be afraid! Be very afraid!

If you know any of the usual suspects in Edinburgh check my references. I'm a cute little bunny, I is!

[Big Grin]

Not only do I know the usual suspects, my flatmate has met a couple of them....didn't tell her till afterwards that somebody from the "internet" was coming to our flat. [Snigger]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016