homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What are we driving? (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What are we driving?
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should have been driving a boat home tonight. Floods halfway up my wheels!!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
vw man
Shipmate
# 13951

- Posted      Profile for vw man         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
just by looking at my user name you should know the make .
I drive a passat sport with nearly 200000 miles on the clock and still drives very well,and my wife has a Golf or if you are from the states a rabbit.

Posts: 115 | From: Derbyshire | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There I had you either in Combi or a Beetle.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My son has just ordered and new Audi A3 sports. I admit to being a little bit jealous.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cool!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
wishandaprayer
Shipmate
# 17673

- Posted      Profile for wishandaprayer   Email wishandaprayer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What am I driving? I'm driving out demons!!! Oh wait, wrong board [Snigger]

A BMW 5-series currently, but the wife HATES it; we have an agreement to change in the next few months; I would take any recommendations. Boot space is important to me, but it can't be an estate (wife's orders), I was looking at the Skoda Superb and am sorely tempted by a Jaguar XF.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have driven the XF: if you must get one, make sure you get the one with the supercharger, preferably in black or in British Racing Green if available!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
wishandaprayer
Shipmate
# 17673

- Posted      Profile for wishandaprayer   Email wishandaprayer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I have driven the XF: if you must get one, make sure you get the one with the supercharger, preferably in black or in British Racing Green if available!

Oh, I'm an awful person, I forgot to mention that. I only drive Diesels, so supercharger is out of the question, IIRC. I do like the Black one, but they also have a green/gold two tone that looks pretty cool.
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes this or this (they are different) but usually this [Axe murder]

All diesel, of course.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
A Chevrolet Tracker 4x4.

I guess I'm one of the few people who have such a car and who really need to drive off-road [Smile]

Sorry, Le Roc, but they're considered "soft roaders" or "hair dressers' cars" here [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
Silver 2000 Ford Focus SE with Z-Tec engine and a wing.

Presumably a left wing? [Biased]

--------------------

Badger Lady
Shipmate
# 13453

- Posted      Profile for Badger Lady   Email Badger Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a dark blue 2007 Mazda MX5. My first and only car. It is impractical but I love it!

Badger Gent has a silver motorbike (I know nothing about the specifications save it has a box on the back that doubles as a pillion's back rest for me).

Posts: 340 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have just acquired a second-hand Toyota RAV4 and it cost us more than we have ever paid for a car in the 37 years we have been together. We needed four wheel drive for the rural roads here in Kenya but we still feel weird about how much we had to spend...our first car was a Morris Minor and our last car in the UK was my Dad's old S reg VW Golf so this is new territory for us and I have to say we are enjoying our new vehicle immensely!

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone said, "Miss Daisy"? Ha ha...

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016