homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Fun ring tones

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Fun ring tones
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the old fashioned phone ring tone.
But I heard someone with the 'Christus Vincit' ringtone lately.

Whats your choice [Smile]

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Posts: 582 | From: Nudrug | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There used to be a desk-style phone on which a very polite voice announced, "Excuse me, but you're wanted on the telephone." I haven't heard that yet in a ringtone for cell phones, but if it were available, it would be my first choice.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a few:

For my brother-in-law: the "Tarzan" yodel
For my wife: "Edelwiess" from a musical clock- delicate and beautiful... [Axe murder]
For my (dear) mother: "They're coming to take me away, ha, ha!"
Here is one that I love:
ring-ring (My version has the wharrgarbul at the end trimmed off)
For several who only bring drama, I use just the the "Dah-dah" from 2001: A Space Oddessy (Richard Strauss, "Also sprach Zarathustra")

I got'em all, Elmer Fudd's "Kill the wabbit", Gongs, sirens, Foghorns, (and Foghorn Leghorn), Mr. T (Pick up the phone, Fool!), "Warning: It's the boss!", I love'em.

So I'll be anxiously watching here.

(As you can see, I have a sick mind...)

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Splendid Tom! I loved it ...

I thought I would try to sort out how to vary according to caller and that post encourages me to. Now I must find out how to get them free!

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
R2D2

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Percy B: Actually, if your phone can play mp3 files, almost any sound (even one you record yourself) can be assigned as a ringtone. I'd post where I got a lot of mine, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed. Lots of sites around, just make sure they are legit.

I always wanted to record my wife going from a sweet "Hello Tom, anwser the phone, please dear", and getting increasingly irritated the longer it rings. But I like having "Edleweiss" for her, so I didn't.

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm very new to this mobile-phone malarkey, having got my first mobile last year at the not-so-tender age of 50.

It rings with the ring it was born with, which is somewhat less irritating than that one that everybody's mobile used to have, so it's never occurred to me to change it. My "plan" thingy doesn't include the interweb, so I assume that I can't have downloaded ring-tones.

If I did, I think I'd have either Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen or La Mourisque by Susato.

I have somewhat eclectic tastes ... [Big Grin]

[ 08. May 2013, 03:09: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is my ring tone.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once took a bus from Kandy to Colombo in Sri Lanka and there was a guy on it with a ring tone of the sound of a baby laughing - it was cute the first time but by halfway through the trip I think half [at the least] the people on the bus wanted kill him!

My tone is a quite bland and fairly innocuous synthesised version of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik - I don't like it that much but it will do.

eta: it has just occurred to me that the scream from Pink Floyd's Careful with that axe, Eugene would make a superb ring tone!

[ 08. May 2013, 04:27: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My all purpose ring.
But my friends are assigned rings based upon association.
A friend in intelligence -theme from the Pink Panther.
A friend in movie makeup - Frankenstein by Edgar Winter.
And so on.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

quote:
Originally posted by TomOfTarsus:
Percy B: Actually, if your phone can play mp3 files, almost any sound (even one you record yourself) can be assigned as a ringtone. I'd post where I got a lot of mine, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed. Lots of sites around, just make sure they are legit.

I always wanted to record my wife going from a sweet "Hello Tom, anwser the phone, please dear", and getting increasingly irritated the longer it rings. But I like having "Edleweiss" for her, so I didn't.

The trouble with some ring tomes is they are great in normal life, but in a meeting when I forget to turn the phone off - oh dear! Embarrasing, lol.

Tom - could you Private message me the site?

I do like the tones that ascend in volume, less of a shock when they ring [Smile]

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
This is my ring tone.

Why, are you a fan of the Renault Scénic?

(First - and increasingly difficult - step on any new phone I get is the search for something that sounds like a good old-fashioned telephone. And get off my lawn)

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somebody of the C of E's General Synod had forgotten to turn off their phone and it rang out 'Jesu, joy of man's desiring.'

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Twitter, someone posted that their ring tone was John Cage's 4'33" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was once in a meeting with a very senior NHS manager - there were about a dozen of us present - when from her phone came a distinctive voice, "So, a Jedi you want to be?"

She blamed her son, but I always suspected she secretly wanted to be a Jedi.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anybody know how I can put The Internationale on my (i) phone?

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does your phone have an audio recorder? Sing into it. You can use that file as a ring tone. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't sing it in tune. It's too hard....

--------------------
Edith

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Edith:
Does anybody know how I can put The Internationale on my (i) phone?

Google 'Internationale ringtone'. It brings up sites such as this.

I used to have it as a ringtone several phones ago.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

Thank you!

--------------------
Edith

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to have the Imperial March from Star Wars set as the ringtone for my boss but it was too much trouble keeping my phone on silent in the office so he didn't hear it. Now I have Allegri's Miserere which annoys him even more as he is a fundamentalist Dawkinsite.
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread almost persuades me to get a mobile phone! I've always wanted my phone to 'ring' with the trumpet solo from Korngold's wonderful music for Errol Flynn's Robin Hood!

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got a theme to my ring tones.
"Pretty Good at Drinking Beer" (Billy Currington) is my tone when I get a phone call. "The Bartender Song" (Rehab and Hank Williams Jr) is my text message tone. "Rockin' the Beer Gut" (Trailer Park Choir) is for multimedia messages. "Bartender Blues" (George Jones) is for voicemail. The trick is remembering to put the phone on vibrate when I'm out among decent folks [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mama Thomas
Shipmate
# 10170

- Posted      Profile for Mama Thomas   Email Mama Thomas   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I change mine frequently. I think I'm going to get the Internationale. Love it.

From Easter Day to Pentecost, my ringtone is Jesus Christ is Risen today.

Before that, I used various pop songs, Some Nights (fun.), I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas), I Believe in Miracles, (Hot Chocolate), Holiday Road (Lindsay Buckingham), Beauty in the World, (Macy Gray), A Beautiful Mine (Mad Men theme).

I'm so deep.

--------------------
All hearts are open, all desires known

Posts: 3742 | From: Somewhere far away | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had the theme from The Pink Panther as mine as long as polyphonic ringtones have been a thang. Love your work, Henry Mancini.
Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
I was once in a meeting with a very senior NHS manager - there were about a dozen of us present - when from her phone came a distinctive voice, "So, a Jedi you want to be?"

She blamed her son, but I always suspected she secretly wanted to be a Jedi.

Doesn't everyone? [Big Grin]

I have my ringtones assorted by group. Family gets The Addams Family theme. The general one is Dies Irae from Mozart's "Requiem Mass". Various Bach concerti for various groups of friends and doctors, etc.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine just rings.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

Must be this one! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Biased]

--------------------

ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my former boss, he didn't know it, but I assigned the "Jaws" theme ringtone to his number.

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016