homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » We are Subject To Our HISTORY (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: We are Subject To Our HISTORY
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

- Posted      Profile for Emily Windsor-Cragg   Author's homepage   Email Emily Windsor-Cragg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The history of the Templars only goes back 1000 years

The History of the Jacobian Covenant only goes back 2600 years (Video)

The History of the Annunaki who settled this planet with civilization 200 thousand years ago has practically never been told ...

WHY? Even though Sacred Geometry of the Annunaki underlies the Pyramid system and the cathedral system, Elites have garnered and sequestered this knowledge away from the People.

It's WHY ELITES RULE TODAY, without our consent.

Anybody care?

[Edited to fix links and scroll lock - Tubbs]

[ 20. May 2013, 12:39: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

Posts: 326 | From: California | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This should be purgatory, and I am sure a host will be along and move it shortly. In the meanwhile, who is Enkis ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

- Posted      Profile for Emily Windsor-Cragg   Author's homepage   Email Emily Windsor-Cragg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't know who Enki is? Google him.

This is NOT Purgatory; this is HISTORY.

barnabas62 does not want this kind of data in HIS domain.

Please create a category for HISTORY.

EEWC

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When a host does move it, can they shorten the links please cos they do horrible things to my screen. Ta muchly [Smile]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Doublethink: In the meanwhile, who is Enkis ?
Enki.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

Indeed.

I'm also on dial-up, which is like, pulling onto the freeway when you're on your hands and knees.

I live in the forest, and there is no dsl here.

[Smile]

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Windsor-Cragg:
You don't know who Enki is? Google him.

This is NOT Purgatory; this is HISTORY.

barnabas62 does not want this kind of data in HIS domain.

Please create a category for HISTORY.

EEWC

Purgatory is board for discussion of topics that don't fit on any of the other boards Emily.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Enki.
Interesting, so entirely different theological tradition then. I don't know much about Sumerian theology.

[ 19. May 2013, 20:58: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ITTWACW......

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Doublethink: Interesting, so entirely different theological tradition then. I don't know much about Sumerian theology.
Neither do I. I'm planning to read the Wikipedia article when I have more time.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Emily

I've tried to be patient with you but my patience is rapidly running out.

I've explained NUMEROUS times that what you want to post is suitable for the Purgatory boards, but you have paid no attention whatsoever. Others have tried to help as well, but still you choose to ignore friendly advice given by others.

I have also said numerous times that you should read the guidelines for each board to get a feel for what is discussed where. If you had bothered to take that advice, you would know that All Saints is NOT the correct board for this sort of discussion. Do you need me to spell it out for you?

The correct board is Purgatory -that's P U R G A T O R Y

Got it now?

So, what's it to be? Are you going to actually start taking peoples' advice or are you going to be thrown overboard? The choice is yours.

Spike
SoF Admin

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
WHY? Even though Sacred Geometry of the Annunaki underlies the Pyramid system and the cathedral system, Elites have garnered and sequestered this knowledge away from the People.

Is this a promotion for a Dan Brown Style novel?

quote:
Anybody care?
I care, if you keep posting stuff like this the plebs might find out and I'll lose my elite ruler status. shhhh ok?
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The History of the Annunaki who settled this planet with civilization 200 thousand years ago has practically never been told ...

Funny that. Maybe it's because there's no evidence whatsoever that any of it actually happened.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know it's giving the H&A's a lot of trouble, but to be honest this is lots of fun, so more power to Emily's elbow I say if she can just post on the right board and not get herself banned. [Big Grin]

It will keep us amused for hours.

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thyme:
It will keep us amused for hours.

Try minutes and you'll be closer to getting that right.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
quote:

quote:
Anybody care?
I care, if you keep posting stuff like this the plebs might find out and I'll lose my elite ruler status. shhhh ok?

Could be. Dan Brown was on Breakfast this morning. But he is doing Dante rather than Sumerians.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As all the All Saints Hosts appear to be out and about, I'll move this thread to Purg ... Off we go!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After reading the hilarious thread in Styx, I was amazed to find this thread here.

Carry on…

K.

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just noticed that there is an Emily E Windsor Cragg on Facebook, who wrote the following a few months ago:

quote:
Please know, I get kicked out of Forums all the time because I confront their dogma: ATS, GLP, BBC, Crows have all decided I'm just "too much" for their boundaries. Facebook is on the cusp of making the same decision, that I'm too dangerous to be here. I realize this. So I'm [sic] participation may indeed be temporary.
If, Emily, this is you (and it certainly looks like it, given the subject matter of that page), then please note that if you refuse to provide something called EVIDENCE for your claims, then you are the one who is promoting dogma. I am personally very happy to discuss this subject with you (assuming I can find the time), if it is done on the basis of evidence and argument. How on earth do you expect us to believe what you are saying, simply on the basis of your say-so??

It really is not being unreasonable to ask for your claims to be supported with just something objective. How about it?

[ 20. May 2013, 13:39: Message edited by: EtymologicalEvangelical ]

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EtymologicalEvangelical:
It really is not being unreasonable to ask for your claims to be supported with just something objective.

Annunaki of the gaps?

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, if only I could still get in touch with Marduk (whom I first met on GH and then onJREF), he could give us all the links and counter-arguments! He can read Sumerian for a start.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe Elvis could help?

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I put in a claim for Baptist Landmarkism/ Trail of Blood here? That Cathars and the like were really Truly Believing Baptists™ who were exterminated by the Nasty Cruel Catholicses™ (along of course with all the evidence proving they were Truly Believing Baptists™, doubtless aided and abetted by the Enim and the Illuminati)?

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Croesos
Annunaki of the gaps?

That sounds almost as esoteric as "naturalism of the gaps". [Snigger]

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If, Emily, this is you (and it certainly looks like it, given the subject matter of that page), then please note that if you refuse to provide something called EVIDENCE for your claims, then you are the one who is promoting dogma. I am personally very happy to discuss this subject with you (assuming I can find the time), if it is done on the basis of evidence and argument. How on earth do you expect us to believe what you are saying, simply on the basis of your say-so??

It really is not being unreasonable to ask for your claims to be supported with just something objective. How about it?

quote:
quote:
Annunaki of the gaps?

That sounds almost as esoteric as "naturalism of the gaps". [Snigger]
If you don't consider naturalistic explanations to be valid, exactly what kind of "evidence" would you find acceptable?

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice to hear from Emily again, as here in Alpha Centauri, she has a loyal band of readers. Some of the links are dodgy, as here we are being patched through by our broadband controller on the exo-planet, which you earthlings laughingly call Alpha Centauri Bb. But enough of such badinage.

But we know enough about your Jesus, to realize that with the retirement of Sir Alex, he is one of the most promising football managers around. I say all power to the elbow of Emily! Greetings from the exo-planet laughingly called Alpha Centauri Bb!

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

Croesos -

I didn't say that naturalistic explanations were not valid. I was criticising "naturalism of the gaps": assuming that everything has to be explained in accordance with philosophical naturalism (a highly tendentious and ill-defined philosophy) even if that explanation is absurdly improbable.

--------------------

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Midge:
quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
quote:

quote:
Anybody care?

Could be. Dan Brown was on Breakfast this morning. But he is doing Dante rather than Sumerians.
Dan Brown at his worst is more logical than this,.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

This is neither the circus nor heaven - no trolling, no games. Parodies that make no debating point come very close to personal attack / trolling.

You are not obliged to participate in this thread if you don't want to, other boards (including hell) are thataway -->

Doublethink
Purgatory Host

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

quote:
Croesos -

I didn't say that naturalistic explanations were not valid. I was criticising "naturalism of the gaps": assuming that everything has to be explained in accordance with philosophical naturalism (a highly tendentious and ill-defined philosophy) even if that explanation is absurdly improbable.

[Confused] So if you accept spectral evidence as valid, what's wrong with the Annunaki postulate?

[ 20. May 2013, 16:24: Message edited by: Crœsos ]

--------------------

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

quote:
So if you accept spectral evidence as valid, what's wrong with the Annunaki postulate?

Nothing's wrong with it IF I accept spectral evidence.

Trouble is though, me old fruit... I don't accept "spectral evidence"!!

Where the blazes did you get that idea from? Or is this just another one of your wild assumptions, of which there have been many in your responses to my posts?

I never realised that logical inference was termed "spectral evidence"!

Now it's my turn to go: [Confused]

--------------------

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

Which brings me back to my still unanswered question of what you consider valid evidence? You seem like a "selective naturalist" (not related to "natural selection"), who will require ironclad physical evidence for other people's pet ideas but dismiss any similar scrutiny of their own as "philosophical naturalism".

In short, isn't your request for "evidence" the exact kind of thing you dismiss as the product of "a highly tendentious and ill-defined philosophy" in other contexts?

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That is the problem with 'supernatural evidence', isn't it? It has no constraints, unless you begin to appeal to naturalism. Thus I have evidence that magical pixie dust is at work in the universe. How can this be falsified? It can't, under a supernatural aegis.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The history of the Templars only goes back 1000 years

The History of the Jacobian Covenant only goes back 2600 years (Video)

I find it amusing the way this OP treats Masonic/Templar conspiracy theories as the Establishment narrative that needs to be exposed and debunked by the Annunaki theorists.

Though I suppose with the kind of money and media-attention that Dan Brown garners these days, there are those who might suspect he's the guy running the black helicopters.

[ 20. May 2013, 17:19: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which Annanuki postulate do you mean, Croesos?

On the consistency argument, many Christians today are quite happy with the methods of Historical criticism and their application to any ancient texts, including those of particular significance to Christians. It seems consistent to me to subject the "Annanuki postulate" (whichever one you are thinking about) to that standard.

Let's take Sitchin's theory. I take it that you're not really surprised by the following observations.

quote:
Sitchin's ideas have been rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. His work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims
Given this thread is about a Shipmate's claims about what constitutes HISTORY, it seems fine to me to argue that, for various critical reasons, the Annanuki extra-terrestrial theories should not be considered as HISTORY unless and until they have been through some form of academic peer review. Based on the Sitchin article, at least one of the Annanuki theories is marked "failed" already.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
Though I suppose with the kind of money and media-attention that Dan Brown garners these days, there are those who might suspect he's the guy running the black helicopters.

Hey, don't make fun of renowned Dan Brown.

quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
Let's take Sitchin's theory. I take it that you're not really surprised by the following observations.

quote:
Sitchin's ideas have been rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. His work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims
Given this thread is about a Shipmate's claims about what constitutes HISTORY, it seems fine to me to argue that, for various critical reasons, the Annanuki extra-terrestrial theories should not be considered as HISTORY unless and until they have been through some form of academic peer review. Based on the Sitchin article, at least one of the Annanuki theories is marked "failed" already.
Only if you confine yourself to the straightjacket of "philosophical naturalism". There could be some supernatural explanation about why it seems like Sitchin is just making shit up but in fact reality has been warped to conceal the real truth.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

Magic pixie dust fits the bill.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I poke it with a stick through the bars too? Can I? Can I?

God bless you Emily. Really. Which He will. All will be well.

Or is that just too ad hominem Oh Hosts ?

Emily, we'd probably be better off in Hell if you like. It's warmer there. Some of us can try and love you there.

As for the subject, let's assume I completely agree with you 110%, where do we go from here to loving the poor ? To making a difference ? To seeing the future break in to the present ?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard:
Can I poke it with a stick through the bars too? Can I? Can I?

<Snipping something I hope was sincere>

Or is that just too ad hominem Oh Hosts ?

What do you think, Martin? In what way is this sentence related to the OP?

Answer in the Styx, please.

Kelly Alves
Passing Admin.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:

quote:

quote:
Only if you confine yourself to the straightjacket of "philosophical naturalism". There could be some supernatural explanation about why it seems like Sitchin is just making shit up but in fact reality has been warped to conceal the real truth.
Too binary, Croesos. I don't see philosophical naturalism as a controlling factor in any peer review. If a person of faith and an agnostic, both with the necessary critical expertise, look at a particular hypothesis and the evidence for it and both judge it to be unfounded in their professional opinion, then the hypothesis has failed their peer review. They then take their professional hats off, leave their measured responses behind, go to a pub for a drink and say "well, actually, unfounded may be the professional judgment, but basically, the notion is batshit crazy!", they are doing what people do. Philosophical presuppositions do not determine or confine the results of professional judgments. Personal judgements (in the bar afterwards) are another matter.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

Oh!

I placed the links to evidence in the Annunaki thread.

what I expected to discuss here is how it happens to be that Scriptures only begin 4000 years ago when in scientific fact, the Earth is 3.5 billion years old.

Doesn't make sense to me that Earth, with so many mysterious artifacts, pyramids and hidden cultures, must restrain ourselves to such a short official history.

Any takers?

Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who's saying that the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures constitute the "official history" of the earth? (leaving aside the yeccies, who are looking relatively reasonable at this point [Biased] ).

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

quote:
I've just noticed that there is an Emily E Windsor Cragg on Facebook, who wrote the following a few months ago:

quote:
Please know, I get kicked out of Forums all the time because I confront their dogma: ATS, GLP, BBC, Crows have all decided I'm just "too much" for their boundaries. Facebook is on the cusp of making the same decision, that I'm too dangerous to be here. I realize this. So I'm [sic] participation may indeed be temporary.
If,

Emily, this is you (and it certainly looks like it, given the subject matter of that page), then please note that if you refuse to provide something called EVIDENCE for your claims, then you are the one who is promoting dogma. I am personally very happy to discuss this subject with you (assuming I can find the time), if it is done on the basis of evidence and argument. How on earth do you expect us to believe what you are saying, simply on the basis of your say-so??

Please check the Annunaki thread for links to "evidence." If that is not sufficient, let me know, okay?
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

quote:
Originally posted by SusanDoris:
Ah, if only I could still get in touch with Marduk (whom I first met on GH and then onJREF), he could give us all the links and counter-arguments! He can read Sumerian for a start.

Marduk is not a buddy of mine.
I can't help you find him.
I work at losing him all the time.

Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Enki.
Interesting, so entirely different theological tradition then. I don't know much about Sumerian theology.
Actually, it's New Age Cosmology, that's all.

They live where they manifest by visualization.

Causes and effects have no meaning to those folks.

Imagine if you lived on a Holodeck.

Um-hum.

[Smile]

Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

quote:
Originally posted by Lothiriel:
Who's saying that the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures constitute the "official history" of the earth? (leaving aside the yeccies, who are looking relatively reasonable at this point [Biased] ).

If you read the directives of the Rethuglican and Democrapic Potties, that's where they get their stuff ... NO FURTHER than 4000 years BACK.

And the texbooks our kids get in school continue that myth. Have you read your kids' textbooks?

Emily

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

I could do with a translator at this point, Emily. I haven't the least idea what point you are trying to make.

By definition what we call ancient history began about 5,000 years ago. But that is purely a historian's definition, based on the earliest available written records.

From a historian's viewpoint, the written records are interesting as a source of information, but their existence may only provide fragmentary and partial information. That's just the general problem with recorded history. The same argument applies to archaeological findings; they provide at best fragmentary evidence.

The historians' pictures of ancient history are variable, subject to change as a result of further findings.

And that is a common feature of historical research for any period for which there are records. New records (archaeological, written) may be found at any time, cast some fresh light on any period. But the record will remain partial, fragmentary. Much that happened never gets recorded, or even if it does, records can get destroyed, or permanently lost.

The record of history is variable, and so therefore are the opinions on the records available so far. We're constrained by the available data. In general, the fewer the sources, the more provisional the picture.

The record of what happened may be changing, but it is always less than what happened, and the same may be said of any interpretations of the record. These are just the best that researchers are able to do with the record.

(xposted with loads of Shipmates)

[ 21. May 2013, 01:16: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------

Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

Sitchin was not a theoretician. He was a translator among other translators.

It's the Sumerians who had opinions about their history going back and back and back.

[Smile] Em

quote:
Which Annanuki postulate do you mean, Croesos?

On the consistency argument, many Christians today are quite happy with the methods of Historical criticism and their application to any ancient texts, including those of particular significance to Christians. It seems consistent to me to subject the "Annanuki postulate" (whichever one you are thinking about) to that standard.

quote:

Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

quote:
I could do with a translator at this point, Emily. I haven't the least idea what point you are trying to make.

By definition what we call ancient history began about 5,000 years ago.

Dear Barnabas, and yes I have and I disseminate copies of the Gospel of Barnabas, so I know you.

Ever hear of resurrection? That's another word for Life-after-life.

I'm in YHYH's "pocket," because as an unregenerate Dragon soul, my karma is "the law of the jungle."

The only good I get is if I EAT HUMANS.

Yuck! I'd rather starve.

So YHVH sequesters me because I DO NOT FIT IN.

Ancient history begins HALF A MILLION YEARS AGO when Annunaki first began mining gold here. Why? Because they needed CHEMTRAILS to spare the natural atmosphere on their planet which was dissipating.

Chemtrails are not new. Utilizing base elements to create a canopy over gaseous atmosphere has been tried and done over and over, usually with more bad results than good ones.

Okay. To proceed ...

Five thousands of civil history is less than one drop in the bucket ... so what we know for sure is, TPTB have NO INTEREST in telling us the real or whole story.

Can we agree this far?

EEWC

Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lothiriel:

If you read the directives of the Rethuglican and Democrapic Potties, that's where they get their stuff ... NO FURTHER than 4000 years BACK.

And the texbooks our kids get in school continue that myth. Have you read your kids' textbooks?

Emily

I make my living editing textbooks for (mostly) Canadian schools and universities, so I read them all the time. The timeframe they deal with depends on their subject matter: recorded human history begins about 4000 BC (which, if you do the math, is actually about 6000 years ago), archaeological records go back millennia further than that, paleontology millions of years, and geology billions of years.

I've worked on textbooks that discuss all these areas, each in their proper timeframes -- so this 4000-year boundary you speak of is unknown to me.

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016