homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Orfeo in Ottawa

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Orfeo in Ottawa
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, sounds like an opera. Oh well.

Orfeo will be arriving in Ottawa on Monday June 3 and moving on to MOnreal on Friday June 7. I thought we might go to Kingston for (part of) the day on Wednesday (day subject to change), leaving Tuesday and Thursday lunch/dinner for a ship meet.

Orfeo has said he's happy to be left to explore by himself, but if anyone has suggestion for him, get back to me.

What say you all?

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am always up for a bit of a meet. Beer downtown, tea at my place. Coffee anywhere but *$$$$$$$$$$$

He can explore on his own, if he wants. But I hope he takes up your offer of Kingston. It's a lovely city and I love the waterfront.

As for Ottawa, there's so much to see, that it is best left up to his own interests.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope he takes you up on your offer of Kingston too; it's more convenient than Ottawa for me.

I nominate the Kingston Brewing Company, 34 Clarence St., Kingston, K7L 1W9. Opposite Confederation Park, Ontario Street and the waterfront. For lunch.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Change of plans. I can do make Ottawa, and will. Please PM me the Shipmeet location.

--------------------

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sober Preacher's Kid:
Change of plans. I can do make Ottawa, and will. Please PM me the Shipmeet location.

Excellent!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I picked the wrong month to say I wouldn't be there. Sorry. I WILL be available in June unless Orfeo is charged with manslaughter of a Greyhound ticket agent.

[ 16. May 2013, 21:59: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there a preference for Tuesday or Thursday?

I know AtheA is elsewhere that week, and may or may not be able to attend.

Henry T ?

John

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Either is fine. If non-alcohol is the order of the day, tea could be available at my place. Otherwise the world is our oyster.

I will go with the flow.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

I am available either day, lunch or dinner. A central location with parking (near a parking garage) would be preferable as I am driving.

The usual haunt in the Market works, as does Mr. Farinna's.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

This Johnny Farina restaurant seems to have mixed reviews. Very mixed. Love or Hate. Sounds like East Side Mario. Ok for kids and people who have little discernment. At least it appears accessible.

I'll have to remember where to go for the Market one - back door, iirc, and inaccessible accessible washrooms.

Either are ok, if not wonderful. Someone pick, and I will be there.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

[Paranoid]

We had a Shipmeet there while you were in India.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

As I have another engagement on Thursday, June 6th, I would prefer Tuesday, June 3rd, at our usual haunt in the Market as I know where it is and there is a parking garage close to hand.

--------------------

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Either the 3rd or the 6th seems to work for me.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

So Tuesday (the 4th, not the 3rd) at the usual place in the Market for lunch.

12ish? Pete-- you're the one who has the most trouble getting about, is 12 reasonable?

John

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Upstairs or downstairs or in my lady's chamber?

Tuesday is the most reasonable of days for free form travel. So no problem.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tuesday. Noted. We shall see whether I'm wandering the city beforehand or if John has me herded.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

I sort of like the idea of being an Orfeo-herd.

We'll talk. (Actually, I suspect it may take us until lunch time just to get going and look briefly through the market. But, we'll talk.

John

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

There is a new addition which has a different menu (probably so you'll take a look at the digs). They have braised lamb shanks on offer and I'm in the mood for lamb.

The new addition is next door facing Clarence St.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Ok, then - I will book to 67 Clarence address and look around for the other place.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

I am on ze train...

I'd say I was passing the lake, but you make your lakes BIG around here.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Lake Ontario is one of the smaller ones. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Ok, then - I will book to 67 Clarence address and look around for the other place.

It's right next door on the right (West). Other side of the gate to Mom's Patio. According to Google Streetview, at least.

--------------------

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My sincere regrets, but due to some last minute changes at work, I won't be able to make today's meet. [Frown]

Let me, however, commend the local craft beers that may be on tap; particularly Ashton Brewing Company and Kitchissippi. Ottawa is suddenly having the third craft beer boom, and the new offerings are really to my taste.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Well it's done. Lunch with Pete and SPK. Sorry that you couldn't make it Henry.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

I think John was there too. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

It was a most august table. Three hosts and my humble self. I was most edified by the light of The Glowing Lyre. The PeteC stuck me with his spare Hell pitchfork. [Paranoid]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

I think John was there too. [Big Grin]
Yes, I did realise that looked a little odd after I posted it. But I wasn't MEETING John there. I came with him and have been seeing him extensively. In fact, I am commandeering his computer this very second.

(Mostly so I could write a cranky e-mail to my former gym explaining that it was very wrong of them to still be taking fortnightly payments out of my bank account, but with a little Ship browsing thrown in.)

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Orfeo, you seem very much at home on the other side of the globe. Mind you, Canadians & Ozzies do have a great deal in common. Weird accents. Stupidly big geographical features. And that essential SOH. I do hope you find your way home...eventually!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016