homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Returning to the fold...

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Returning to the fold...
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

- Posted      Profile for Orb   Author's homepage   Email Orb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi all

I haven't been on here for ages. I used to post as Rob - ID Crisis Indie Kid, then Ophthalmos, then just Oppy (this was before you were disallowed from changing name) and now I'm Orb.

I haven't really got a clue where I am spiritually. I want to explore it at the moment. I'll be trying to, mostly in Purgatory I think (as in my previous time here).

Do any of you remember me? I remember you [Smile]

Anyway, maybe see some of you at Greenbelt!

--------------------
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.” Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

Posts: 5032 | From: Easton, Bristol | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back and happy scratching!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back. I remember your icon and tag line.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Orb:

Do any of you remember me? I remember you [Smile]

The Eyeball Kid!
[Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

- Posted      Profile for Orb   Author's homepage   Email Orb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The bunny with an axe! [Yipee]

--------------------
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.” Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember you! I was wondering about you the other day.

You'll always be Oppy to me. Good to see you back.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back. You are remembered. Glad to know you're alive and well.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, of course! Your avatar always grossed me out!
Welcome back, it's great to see you!

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome home! Yes, I remember you!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes I remember you. And I remember that you disappeared not long after you were mugged - anxious times, I hoped you were OK. So good to see you back. [Yipee]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Big Grin]

Housekeeping point-- as adorable as your profile pic is-- and it really, really is-- it is also way freakin HUGE! How the heck did that happen?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*hi*!
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:

[Big Grin]

Housekeeping point-- as adorable as your profile pic is-- and it really, really is-- it is also way freakin HUGE! How the heck did that happen?

Oops! Sorry [Hot and Hormonal] I have had a bit of a rejig, hopefully it's not too big now?

--------------------

Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Yes I remember you. And I remember that you disappeared not long after you were mugged - anxious times, I hoped you were OK. So good to see you back. [Yipee]

I couldn't walk anywhere at night for about a year without crapping myself, but now I'm fine and enjoying my freedom [Smile]

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Frown] Hoppy!
Glad you are back with us!

ETA: Dude, you look just like John Oliver in that pic. [Big Grin]

[ 10. August 2013, 22:56: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back, Orb! Are you still in Brizzle? IMHO, there's no better place to find your spiritual flavour, there's some of everything going down.

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How could we forget you?! [Biased]

Nice to see you. [Smile] How's your sister too?

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's been some sad losses... You might want to check out Glory.
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back. Always good to see the old lags returning.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll keep an eye on you!

[Biased]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

quote:
Originally posted by mrs whibley:
Welcome back, Orb! Are you still in Brizzle? IMHO, there's no better place to find your spiritual flavour, there's some of everything going down.

Yep!

A few things interesting going on that I know of:
> Foundation - still my spiritual home, although mainly for the people, I'm a bit out of love with alt. worship
> Treasure Stokes Croft - charity shop run by Love Bristol crew who put on open mic nights and such
> Cactus - a spirituality-focussed growing day that one of my friends is involved in

--------------------

Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

quote:
Originally posted by Pants:
How could we forget you?! [Biased]

Nice to see you. [Smile] How's your sister too?

Pants! you're still called Pants!

She's well - she lives in Madrid with her husband. Going to see them with my GF in September [Yipee]

Maybe see you at Greenbelt...he said threateningly! [Biased]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah! The Ophtalomator in the Orb-it! Good to see you and welcome back! [Yipee]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember you - you're still the only person who's ever called me (and admittedly half the shipmates at Greenbelt 2003 at the same time) to Hell! I have such fond memories of that summer on the Ship, and that Hell thread was the icing on the cake.

Hope the intervening years have improved your musical tastes [Devil]

Good to see you back! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
I remember you - you're still the only person who's ever called me (and admittedly half the shipmates at Greenbelt 2003 at the same time) to Hell! I have such fond memories of that summer on the Ship, and that Hell thread was the icing on the cake.

Grandstand viewers...

quote:
Hope the intervening years have improved your musical tastes [Devil]
I'm still hanging around the day... [Biased]

--------------------

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good to have you back!

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

Someone to disagree with at least, eh Matt? [Biased]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016