homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pat Robertson (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pat Robertson
HCH
Shipmate
# 14313

- Posted      Profile for HCH   Email HCH   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In today's news there was a story stating that Pat Robertson, an elderly American televangelist, is in hot water over remarks he made to a woman whose husband was committing adultery:

“Stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he’s a man. O.K."

As a heterosexual male, I feel insulted by this remark. I think "man" implies "adult" and "adult" implies "self-control". I also wonder what Robertson's wife thought about it.

What do you think?

Posts: 1540 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that any discussion of Pat Robertson is a complete waste of bandwidth.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pat Robertson believes in male headship. That's a dead horse, but explains his comment.

Pat Robertson is also a complete waste of bandwith, as The Riv has already said.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Pat Robertson believes in male headship. That's a dead horse, but explains his comment.

I don't think the
Promise Keepers would agree that the idea of headship excuses his statement (see Promise 4.)

In fact, that was one of my thoughts on the matter- Promise Keepers should be leading the charge on this guys' idiotic statement, if they really take that "promise" bit seriously.

My very first thought, though, was "Isn't Robertson one of the douches that wailed about Jimmy Carter admitting he lusted after women in his heart?" (I could not track down a direct quote, but he was one of the leaders of the Moral Majority at the time, which collectively shouted Carter down.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Man is the head of the family but the wife is the neck and she determines where the head gets turned. That's how it is with us, anyway.

When I saw a thread titled "Pat Robertson" I assumed he must have died. He's been an old fart for at least thirty years or more. He may not be dead, then, but his answer tells me he's at least getting awfully tired.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HCH:
... I think "man" implies "adult" and "adult" implies "self-control". ...

His take appears to be that "adultery" implies what "adults" do.

So that's nine commandments he's down to now. Nice to see he's becoming a bit more pragmatic in his old age.

[ 17. May 2013, 20:52: Message edited by: kankucho ]

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I bet a guy his age doesn't even remember his last woody.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So it is in the nature of men to stray, but not women. So who does he have adultery with?

Robertson's theory does nor add up. Again.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The story.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's apparently the nature of some men to bend over backwards to find ever-increasing avenues to exercise entitlement. That kind of guy should represent a walking insult to men, no matter what sphere his bid for entitlement might address.

[ 17. May 2013, 21:23: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

- Posted      Profile for Charles Had a Splurge on   Email Charles Had a Splurge on   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
So who does he have adultery with?

Sluts and whores, obviously. Women not worthy of that wonderful, pure and holy name.

see Proverbs for details.

--------------------
"But to live outside the law, you must be honest" R.A. Zimmerman

Posts: 224 | From: What used to be Berkshire | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

Was he talking to Hillary?

--------------------
Delmar O'Donnell

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
The story.

From the story: CBN's press statement:
"'Lastly, his point was that everyone is human and there is much temptation outside of the home, so she should do whatever she can to strengthen their home and relationship. His intent was not to condone infidelity or to cast blame. We regret any misunderstanding,' the statement concluded."

Boy, the cluelessness in that statement.

Still the impetus to control temptation is placed on the person not actually facing temptation. If the guy is facing temptation and he doesn't think it's his job to control it, "She's trying too hard" will make just as good an excuse as "She's not trying hard enough."

The problem is how many excuses are available.

[ 17. May 2013, 21:30: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's an Ivy League lawyer who figured out there's more money to be made by getting on TV and bilking the scared and the weak minded out of their life savings, in the name of the Lord. And now he's getting senile. How's he supposed to remember basic moral tenets from week to week?

Just as long as he harps on gays, liberals and the War on Christmas, who cares about the rest, right?

Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wasn't he the one who called the 2010 earthquake in Haiti a punishment from God?

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scope for a fair bit of Hellish Robertson-ranting here; headship issues belong in DH under DH guidelines re the role of women. Is there anything left for Purgatory?

On balance I think the thread should go to Hell, but I'll check out with a HellHost first. Meantimes, bash on.

Barnabas62
Purgatory Host

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
Wasn't he the one who called the 2010 earthquake in Haiti a punishment from God?

You expect Robertson to have a clue about anything?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never heard of the creep.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bib:

Aren't you the lucky one?

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prepare to chew on him in the Nether Regions ...

Off to Hell you go.

Barnabas62
Purgatory Host

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Huge pentecostal televangelist in the United States, and one of the last few to survive the tax fraud and adultery scandals that ruined so many other "greats" of the genre; probably most famous for making ridiculous statements about 9/11 being the fault of the gays and uppity women. Had a couple of failed presidential primary campaigns in the 80s.
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Polly

Shipmate
# 1107

- Posted      Profile for Polly   Email Polly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:
quote:

Huge pentecostal televangelist in the United States, and one of the last few to survive the tax fraud and adultery scandals that ruined so many other "greats" of the genre; probably most famous for making ridiculous statements about 9/11 being the fault of the gays and uppity women. Had a couple of failed presidential primary campaigns in the 80s.
As much as I dislike the fact Phelps is acually a Baptist not Pentecostal.
Posts: 560 | From: St Albans | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polly

Shipmate
# 1107

- Posted      Profile for Polly   Email Polly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly:
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:
quote:

As much as I dislike the fact Phelps is acually a Baptist not Pentecostal.
Apologies as I am getting my fundy luatics mixed up!
Posts: 560 | From: St Albans | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Robertson evidently forgets the 7th commandment "Thou shalt not comit adultery'
He was one the people who came after , Jimmy Swagert when he got caught stepping out.And
some of his other stances 9/11 a punishment for tolerating homosexuality, Haiti made a pact with the devil , I prayed and a hurricane was turned away from US coast. He goes on & on and the rest of the church has to bear the fall out. Add him to Swagertt, the Westboro crowd and is it any wonder people think we're all like
that ? For the record the scriptures teach against adultery, and all sorts of misconduct
the only solution is ask forgiveness and go & sin no more. And as for Pat Robertson, try retirement you might like it. [Smile]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly:
Apologies as I am getting my fundy luatics mixed up!

Easily done!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:

You expect Robertson to have a clue about anything?

It was quoted from CBN's press release, if you read what I actually wrote, and they were supposed to be mopping up for him. They only managed to compound the stupidity.

I don't think even Robertson is far gone enough to keep referring to himself in the third person.

[ 18. May 2013, 19:44: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The story.

I'm surprised nobody's commented yet on the last bit of the story:

quote:
Earlier this year Robertson was criticized when he suggested a woman's looks might be to blame for her marital problems. Robertson told a story about a woman who asked a reverend how to stop her husband's drinking problem.

"She was awful looking. The preacher looked at her and said, 'Madam, if I was married to you I'd start to drink too,'" Robertson said.

So not only is the wife responsible for keeping such a wonderful home her hubby never wants to "wander" (the trivializing euphemistic verbs these idiots use! What do they call it when she has sex with the pool guy?), she's also required, as part of her Christian duty, to be gorgeous. Where does it say that about virtuous wives in the Bible?

Also, I'm curious what advice he offers to husbands when their wives commit adultery?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:

Also, I'm curious what advice he offers to husbands when their wives commit adultery?

Become a Muslim so that you may beat her.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
HughWillRidmee
Shipmate
# 15614

- Posted      Profile for HughWillRidmee   Email HughWillRidmee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not just a silly old man

Wikipedia includes

[tidied]

[ 19. May 2013, 04:50: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
The danger to society is not merely that it should believe wrong things.. but that it should become credulous, and lose the habit of testing things and inquiring into them...
W. K. Clifford, "The Ethics of Belief" (1877)

Posts: 894 | From: Middle England | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Also, his rhetoric and the menace of the Moral Majority kept Washington from addressing the AIDS crisis until several years into its outbreak. He differs from Fred Phelps in that Phelps doesn't have any political power. Robertson, Falwell, and the MM had the power to allow an epidemic to happen.

Maybe there is a bit of schadenfreude in this discussion, in Robertson is making statements that are only going to piss of his own demographic which has been screaming "Family Values!"since 1989.

Guys like him will point out that there are fewer men in the world than women when they are encouraging their insecurities about their marriage status/ dating acceptability/ whatever, but it's funny how that concept doesn't come into play when you think about things like-- oh, rating? Votes?

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HughWillRidmee, don't copy/paste text here from other sources. Refresh your understanding of Commandment 7 with the understanding that we will punt you for even a whiff of copyright violation.

-RooK
Hellish Admin

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I'd guess he thinks wives don't commit adultery because they can control themselves - since it's their job to make sure the man doesn't stray it follows he thinks they are the strong one. So really he's saying that men are the weaker sex [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
So really he's saying that men are the weaker sex [Big Grin]

Many are beginning to arrive at this conclusion even though it's taken several Millennia for humanity's greatest ever lie to be exposed.

But by Heaven , if this Robertson is a Bible literalist then men are the stronger sex, no 'ifs' no 'buts' . Likewise his advice to any man whose wife has committed adultery would therefore be to get a stoning party together.

I dunno, don't really care all that much . Liked Mere Nick's comments , made me laugh.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Men who say things like, "It's natural for men to wander," never seem to be aware of what they're confessing.
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops, sorry about the double post. I was going to bring you some wonderful clips of Al Franken of Saturday Night Live doing his impression of the ever-smiling, always stupid Pat Robertson but then I remembered how much Sioni hates links, so if you're interested just Google on Pat Robertson/Church Lady or Al and Pat.

I also found a nice site that claims Pat Robertson is proof against Intelligent Design.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
Oops, sorry about the double post. I was going to bring you some wonderful clips of Al Franken of Saturday Night Live doing his impression of the ever-smiling, always stupid Pat Robertson but then I remembered how much Sioni hates links, so if you're interested just Google on Pat Robertson/Church Lady or Al and Pat.

I also found a nice site that claims Pat Robertson is proof against Intelligent Design.

Thanks Twilight, I was having a rant about links to youtube and video clips in general because my PC slows to a crawl when I try to view them. When I get my finger out I'll buy something with a bit more get-up-and-go.

Sioni

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I looked him up. His foreskin appears to have crept up over his head.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

The guy must be jealous of the attention Phelps gets.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a complete waste of carbon.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is not a waste of carbon. He is here as a lesson to all of us that having your head stuck up your ass gives you a narrow perspective.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Not enough have understood this lesson.

quote:
Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pat may say some offensive, dumb stuff, but he's shrewd as far as business and politics are concerned.

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shrewd? Or greedy?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Both.

I just had a flash: DoesIndifferently admire him?

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Both.

I just had a flash: DoesIndifferently admire him?

Indifferently would probably find himself horribly conflicted here - while the wife-beating and incoherent ramblings might be appealing, Robertson is not Anglican enough for him. I don't think anybody is Anglican enough for him so he would have to make some level of compromise with any life partner, but a Baptist would be right out.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The amusing thing about Robertson is that he was part of the Fundamentalist/Roman Catholic/Orthodox Jew group that was fulminating about The Gays. They had to gingerly pretend he had never published a set of rants about how Catholics were going to Hell.

Dead Horses make strange bedfellows, if you'll pardon the image.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Both.

I just had a flash: Does Indifferently admire him?

Indifferently admiration runs only as far as to Indifferently. To others he is entirely indifferent.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I'd guess he thinks wives don't commit adultery because they can control themselves - since it's their job to make sure the man doesn't stray it follows he thinks they are the strong one. So really he's saying that men are the weaker sex [Big Grin]
So why the fuck does he think that makes men qualified to be in charge of things?

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
quote:
quote:

So why the fuck does he think that makes men qualified to be in charge of things?
Umm, because he's a man, perhaps?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
quote:
quote:

Oh they are not qualified. It's just that the Kingdom has not yet come in its fullness and the evil and weak people are still in charge.

We know, of course, that the first will be the last and the last the first so obviously women will rule the New Heaven and New Earth.*

(*Gospels + Book of Revelation - dontcha know.)

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016