homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » This Morning

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: This Morning
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This morning I looked through the rain up at the clouds. I recognized them. They were the same clouds, the same front, that had just killed at least 91 people in Oklahoma.

I asked the clouds what they were thinking when they did that. The clouds answered that they are merely clouds and have no will of their own, ask the Boss.

So now Boss - God - I'm asking you. What was going through your omniscient mind when that tornado was tearing through those suburbs? What was going through your immanent presence when those school kids were panicking right before the tornado tore their lives from them? Huh?

God, I thought you liked us. Apparently not.

Because you see it was not some foreign looking terrorist who killed all those people. It was not some nut job with a high capacity magazine firing away at those school children. IT WAS YOU.

I look at the pictures and all I can do is cry. What the hell are you doing God?

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For information go here for a report on this.

[ 21. May 2013, 13:03: Message edited by: geroff ]

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fuff
Apprentice
# 14655

- Posted      Profile for Fuff   Email Fuff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shocking. [Votive]
Posts: 22 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
It was not some nut job with a high capacity magazine firing away at those school children. IT WAS YOU.

Oh but was it?

According to St. Paul.....creation also waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God.......

So we're rather screwed and creation is rather screwed.

If I took God to hell for anything, it would be for HURRY THE FUCK UP AND COME BACK LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We like God when he allows good things. We don't like God when he does bad things.

In other words, news at eleven.

My major question is: this area has been struck, time and time again. It appears to me that shouldn't the authorities evacuate the area and leave it as wasteland? It's not an unknown procedure.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
We like God when he allows good things. We don't like God when he does bad things.

In other words, news at eleven.

My major question is: this area has been struck, time and time again. It appears to me that shouldn't the authorities evacuate the area and leave it as wasteland? It's not an unknown procedure.

Not unknown, but apparently impolitic. Why didn't they move New Orleans after Katrina, or Wall Street after Sandy? And how the hell can anybody with two brain cells to rub together consider it acceptable to set people up in large encampments (excuse me, developments) of, for pity's sake, mobile homes in an area routinely subject to F3, 4, and 5 windstorms?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While we're at it, let's move the millions and millions of people living at or near the west coast of the Americas so we don't get killed in earthquakes.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard some storm expert (who lives in Wichita, btw*) being interviewed this morning. He was talking about building design in tornado areas. Apparently unless there is underground shelter there is not much that can stand up to an F 5 tornado.

Even if you are not in tornado alley a tornado can strike. North Alabama and North Georgia were devastated a few years ago. Nashville has had two tornados in its downtown area.

Tornados are brutal, terrifying, things. There is no power on earth that can stop them once they are coming at you. The things we believe to be strong and sure are mere playthings to tornados.

I guess I know a small portion of what God might tell me if I felt like listening, but I'm not in the mood just yet.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
While we're at it, let's move the millions and millions of people living at or near the west coast of the Americas so we don't get killed in earthquakes.

And everyone in the south and south-west USA that are in the way of hurricanes.

Many people live where they do because there are some advantages that, most of the time, outweigh the disadvantages. A fair proportion of the Netherlands has been recovered from the sea and lies well below sea level, so the Dutch spend huge sums on ensuring that the losses of the North Sea flood of 1953 are never repeated.

In many other parts of the world there just aren't the resources to protect people, property and livestock; look at the damage caused by the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami, mostly in poor and less developed countries. What we have seen in Oklahoma is in part a natural disaster, but also a reminder that disasters can be mitigated; the two schools worst affected didn't have emergency rooms, while over a hundred others in Oklahoma, one of the poorer states in the USA, do.

[ 21. May 2013, 22:18: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tortuf:
quote:
Westboro:
quote:
Tornados.
Hurricanes.
Earthquakes.
Blizzards.
Wars.
Terrorists.

Of course he doesn't like us. It's obvious. It's da gayz. [Disappointed]

Seriously: [Votive] for those who suffer from natural disaster. But until we ourselves can create a world where natural law gives us good things but no bad things, like Job, I have no useful complaints to make to God.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:

The problem is that if that is your way of looking at it, then close to the entire state of Oklahoma should be evacuated. Not going to happen.

What can happen is for people to learn how to predict tornadoes better - which they have. When I was a child we would only know that a tornado was around if someone spotted it. We might know there was a possibility, but not where exactly where it was from us. Now they can look at radar, see exactly where the tornado is and warn people. The people of Moore had a 16 minute warning of a tornado being formed before it hit the ground. When I was little, a 5 minute warning was considered a good thing.

Schools do need to look at how they were built and their tornado plans, but the revised death toll (which is at 24) is now at 9 children, 7 of which were at a school. And an F4-5 tornado wants to destroy everything above ground, so schools have to look at whether or not they can have shelter below ground. (FYI - which REALLY SUCKS GOD, is that at least 3 of those children were in the schools basement and drowned when water came in.)

24 people died out of a population of 55,000. Percentage wise for an F4 tornado that was 2 miles wide, that's not bad. 0 would be better, but we're getting there.

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait, 24? So where did the reports saying over 90 had died come from?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They believe that they have counted people twice in the confusion. They were at 51 confirmed dead, 40 missing, including 20 children.

They have revised the 51 down to 24, and have found the missing, many of whom were in underground storm shelters.

Many of the children who were missing and presumed dead were found with parents or relatives (as school was dismissing at the time of the tornado).

At this point the whole town has been searched twice, and they have started a third search and hope to have 100% certainty by Wednesday.

Revised Death Toll

[ 21. May 2013, 22:28: Message edited by: PataLeBon ]

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today's death toll is -27. Good going, God!
Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hawk

Semi-social raptor
# 14289

- Posted      Profile for Hawk   Author's homepage   Email Hawk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Today's death toll is -27. Good going, God!

Actually more like 150,000. And roughly the same tomorrow, and every day thereafter. We are all mortal. Deal with it.

--------------------
“We are to find God in what we know, not in what we don't know." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

See my blog for 'interesting' thoughts

Posts: 1739 | From: Oxford, UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spoilsport.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
Actually more like 150,000. And roughly the same tomorrow, and every day thereafter. We are all mortal. Deal with it.

Oh l'horreur*

We are all mortal is not the equivalent of young school children dying in fear and horror while separated from their parents. It is not the equivalent of multiple families having their home and life expectations ripped away from them in a moment.

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Free will. Check it out. It's how the whole shebang and hebang works. From weather to rapists to Jesus to satan to molecules to asteroids to drones and drone makers to ants to elephants to evolution and tinpot popes in the bible belt. Pray or bawl up a drainspout, it's for you to feel better, with freewill governing even who you're pray-bawling. It gets easier when you start to get it.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

- Posted      Profile for Emily Windsor-Cragg   Author's homepage   Email Emily Windsor-Cragg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This morning I looked through the rain up at the clouds. I recognized them. They were the same clouds, the same front, that had just killed at least 91 people in Oklahoma.

I asked the clouds what they were thinking when they did that. The clouds answered that they are merely clouds and have no will of their own, ask the Boss.

So now Boss - God - I'm asking you. What was going through your omniscient mind when that tornado was tearing through those suburbs? What was going through your immanent presence when those school kids were panicking right before the tornado tore their lives from them? Huh?

Because you see it was not some foreign looking terrorist who killed all those people. It was not some nut job with a high capacity magazine firing away at those school children. IT WAS YOU.

I look at the pictures and all I can do is cry. What the hell are you doing God?

This is not about God.

This is about corporate interests messing with meteorological elements to the detriment of humanity ...

like Monsanto ... like Dupont ... like British Petroleum ... corporate interests without accountability ...

They flaunt their technologies in God's FACE ... no thanks to Annunaki belief in Autonomy.

EEWC

Posts: 326 | From: California | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Windsor-Cragg:

This is about corporate interests messing with meteorological elements to the detriment of humanity ...

Because Monsanto causes tornadoes?

It's certainly possible that climate change could alter the frequency and/or severity of tornadoes. (In general, climate change will cause more warm, moist air, which acts as an engine for tornadoes, but less wind shear, so tornadoes are less likely to form. It could be that the result is fewer, bigger tornadoes, but there's a whole bunch of speculation in there, and weather is hard, so we can't really be certain.) There is, however, no evidence that tornadoes have got worse over the last 3 decades (see here) so we can say with reasonable certainty that climate change is not currently having a significant effect on tornadoes.

The tornado that hit Oklahoma was a pretty classic tornado of the kind that has happened on a regular basis since we started recording the weather.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Everyone dies eventually therefore it doesn't matter where, when, how or why it happens?

Kinda makes me wonder why God bothered putting "thou shalt not kill" in the Commandments if untimely death is in the "deal with it" category...

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
Free will. Check it out. It's how the whole shebang and hebang works. From weather to rapists to Jesus to satan to molecules to asteroids to drones and drone makers to ants to elephants to evolution and tinpot popes in the bible belt. Pray or bawl up a drainspout, it's for you to feel better, with freewill governing even who you're pray-bawling. It gets easier when you start to get it.

I'm not sure how free will figures into the creation of an F5 tornado. It comes out of nature's mix of factors that lead of supercell thunderstorms, that then spin out massive tornadoes. This has been going on for centuries, so I'm not sure how our free will creates natures massive storms.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Religion: the history of humanity's attempts to communicate with the weather.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Windsor-Cragg:
quote:

This is not about God.

like Monsanto ... like Dupont ... like British Petroleum ... corporate interests without accountability ...

They flaunt their technologies in God's FACE ... no thanks to Annunaki belief in Autonomy.

EEWC

Well, if someone or something has to take the blame its much easier to pin the tail on a corporate donkey rather than consider than human beings just could, conceivably, be responsible for their own actions.

Corporate interests remember have their roots in human greed and a desire for power without responsibility.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:

I'm not sure how free will figures into the creation of an F5 tornado. It comes out of nature's mix of factors that lead of supercell thunderstorms, that then spin out massive tornadoes. This has been going on for centuries, so I'm not sure how our free will creates natures massive storms.
With the lack of a better term, 'free will' is used here to describe the fact that, in addition to human consciousness, the properties of the physical universe include being as they are, subject to both physical laws and the random chaos that occurs in any complex system. Thus, the storm has the freedom to be a storm without any interference from deity. And there will not be interference, because God doesn't interfere. The storm formed, touched down where it did due to the specifics of how storms naturally form, and little bits of influence from many different factors, some of which we can predict, and many which are not predictable. It has the freedom or free will to do whatever according to all this.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God allows all things and stops nothing.
Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If humanity was truly of an opinion that goes --- Something horrible has happened, therefore God doesn't love us , or better still, doesn't even exist at all -- ?
Then I think His Name would have ceased to pass our lips many many Centuries ago.

In fact I would say the very opposite is nearer to true , when something horrible happens many will think about God where previously they hadn't.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
If humanity was truly of an opinion that goes --- Something horrible has happened, therefore God doesn't love us , or better still, doesn't even exist at all -- ?
Then I think His Name would have ceased to pass our lips many many Centuries ago.

In fact I would say the very opposite is nearer to true , when something horrible happens many will think about God where previously they hadn't.

Yes. This. It's our response that is vital. Will people respond by trying to ensure better protection in the future, if they insist on building homes and schools in danger areas? Will people respond by turning to God in their distress and finding in their hearts a deposit of strength and comfort which help them to rebuild their lives? If so, the horror of the events might eventually make way for new life. The cross comes to mind.

We might swear at God for not giving us heaven yet (your imaginations can add the words which make it suitable for a hell thread), and/or get on with the world knowing that the norm is that God doesn't intervene when bad things happen. If it were any other way, a miracle wouldn't be a miracle, it wouldn't show us God, nothing bad could happen, and we wouldn't have free will.

[Votive] For all affected by the disaster.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, let's swear at God because folks don't have the sense to build adequate storm shelters in tornado country. They had epic destruction in 1999, and they're still building things the same way they did before 1999.
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Oh l'horreur*

We are all mortal is not the equivalent of young school children dying in fear and horror while separated from their parents. It is not the equivalent of multiple families having their home and life expectations ripped away from them in a moment.

Actually, it is equivalent. It just isn't newsworthy. But if it's your child who is suddenly killed, it doesn't much matter whether it was part of a larger natural or unnatural disaster where dozens of children were killed, or merely your own personal disaster. It will be just as heart-wrenching, just as tragic, just as horrific. It just won't make the news.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

We are all mortal, but some of us get to live long and happy lives before we die, and some of us don't. Many deaths are not the least bit tragic. One of my grandmothers, 93 years old but not at all ill, simply passed out one evening and quietly died 20 minutes later. Saying "we are all mortal" the way Hawk did lumps her death in with these children's deaths, so it's bullshit.
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
Actually, it is equivalent. It just isn't newsworthy. But if it's your child who is suddenly killed, it doesn't much matter whether it was part of a larger natural or unnatural disaster where dozens of children were killed, or merely your own personal disaster. It will be just as heart-wrenching, just as tragic, just as horrific. It just won't make the news.

I can't comment on the impact of having a child killed, but I have been attacked and was in fear for my life and have also survived an earthquake where I was in fear for my life (and over 100 were killed). I know the personal attack has been much more difficult to deal with than the earthquake because it was aimed specifically at me, and was the result of the perp's malice toward me, whereas the earthquake is a force of nature and impersonal.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I do however think that we are all mortal means something else as well as we die. It means we are all not in control of what happens to us. We do not like that, when it is in your face, i.e. close to you and not someone else, we like it even less. We can minimize but not loose risks.

The change of the question for "why me?" to "why not me?" is a profound one. The fact that it is equally unanswerable does not mean that it is ineffective.

Let me say now I hope we never ever learn how to totally control the weather and the teutonic plates beneath earth's surface. We are almost bound to make a mistake and wipe out the whole of life given our past record.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is particularly sad to us for the same reason that the Newtown shootings were. Little children. It just hurts more.

We can't really forsee everything though. I was living about four miles from Xenia Ohio when it's huge tornado hit in the 70's and lots of people left the area, never to return. Maybe some of them moved to Oklahoma. Or the coast where hurricanes and earthquakes came or forest fire and flood paths.

We watched a house go up behind us last year. The basement and walls seemed to be all concrete about three feet thick. Solar panels, bamboo floors, metal roof. We kept joking, "Does he know something we don't know?" The poor guy is doing everything he can to keep his family safe but there are still a thousand things that might get them.

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
and the teutonic plates beneath earth's surface.

I don't think we can blame the Germans for everything.

The planet is simply not all about us.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Late to this, but [Big Grin] to Firenze.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:

The planet is simply not all about us.

Oh I think it is.

But the penguins come a close second.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
and the teutonic plates beneath earth's surface.

I don't think we can blame the Germans for everything.
this made my morning. I've been cackling like a raven for 20 minutes.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016