homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Emily (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Emily
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which fucking planet do you come from? I'm sure we've met before on another forum years ago. Maybe Sparrows or the old NGL. I was "Flying Finn". You were bonkers then but you've got even worse since. Exactly how much drugs did you take in the sixties?
Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I very nearly started a thread myself. I'm sure her heart's in the right place (regardless of what planet that's on).

But her posts are making my brain hurt. I can understand each individual word, but when put together they make no sense whatsoever. Or am I just being fick?

Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, you're not being fick, me old mucker. She ain't got a full deck, that one!
Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To use a Star Trek term, I'd say she was out of phase with what we consider to be normal time and space.

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just read the exchange of posts between Emily and Martin PCnot on the " Occult & New Age HERESIES" thread.

OMG

[Killing me]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Again, Furbies.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the risk of making a rare foray into Hell, what I can see of Emily is that she has some views that most of us will find very, very, unusual. But the purpose of Hell is to sort out serious disagreements between Shipmates, or to allow ranting at other things.

Is commenting on people's obvious apparent weirdness either of those?

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Understand, I do not agree with Emily's POV, but step from your glass house before throwing rocks.
Every single religion appears bat-shit insane when viewed from outside.
Our POV's have become normalised, so we do not see it as clearly. But to those not indoctrinated, quite a bit appears odd. Cannibalistic rituals, virgin births, bodily raising of mouldered corpses....what is sane about any of that? Sorry, toss in that reality isn't and we need but recognise this to transcend.
And, Emily is trying to engage, not being a tosser. Is slightly odd worth a Hell call?

X-post with the man at the turntables.

[ 23. May 2013, 23:38: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ISTM her posts have become more explanatory and conversational, rather than the bursts and shouts with which she started her time here.

I don't share her beliefs. OTOH, believing that God became incarnate of a virgin, and was crucified, died, was buried, and rose from the dead is pretty strange, too.

She's expressing herself more as a person, now. Maybe we can give her a chance?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ad Orientem:
You were bonkers then but you've got even worse since.

So? At least half the folks posting here are at least half bonkers at least half the time. Don’t like it? Don’t read it.

quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
But her posts are making my brain hurt.

I hesitate to offer a solution so obvious, but . . .

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
Is commenting on people's obvious apparent weirdness either of those?

Excellent question. And the answer is . . . ?

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Maybe we can give her a chance?

We seem to be doing precisely that. Is it costing somebody (other than Hosts, but I don't notice any Host-Posts on here yet) something?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always love it when you freaks start grading the "worthiness" of a hell call. Oh please. Judging by overwhelming precedent, there is no topic too trivial, no pouting too pointless to wash up in our little cesspool.

If we get to judge quality of hell topics, me first. And you all will be shut down in a hurry.

Buncha fucking babies.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Razz]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Comet, you make us sound like a cargo cult! Anyone seen John Frum?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The ELITE were bound to supress EWC with a hell call sooner or later.

You bastards.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm just relieved she has stopped shouting - it hurts my eyes!
Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Understand, I do not agree with Emily's POV, but step from your glass house before throwing rocks.
Every single religion appears bat-shit insane when viewed from outside.
Our POV's have become normalised, so we do not see it as clearly. But to those not indoctrinated, quite a bit appears odd. Cannibalistic rituals, virgin births, bodily raising of mouldered corpses....what is sane about any of that? Sorry, toss in that reality isn't and we need but recognise this to transcend.
And, Emily is trying to engage, not being a tosser. Is slightly odd worth a Hell call?

Nice observation. There might be differences of opinion over 'slightly'.

The Purg threads have been interesting as well as hard work to Host. We've had loads of 'left field' posters here, still do. I suppose Emily has just increased the 'left field' width to some extent (in my case a pretty big extent!)

Eccentric opinions, (provided they're expressed within guidelines) are both good for the ethos of unrest and a strain on our 'normalised' tolerances. You've just got to look at her websites, consider the effort that's gone into them, to realise the sincerity and commitment as well as the eccentricity of views. Emily is not a 'hate pusher', regardless of how strange and wrong-headed her stuff may seem to be.

But there is a certain 'novelty shock' effect when reading the OPs! For example, I had a hell of a problem with that latest OP yesterday, but that was probably more to do with fatigue caused by reading this stuff (Hosts don't have the 'scroll by' option). This morning, I'm OK with it. Not sure whether it will fly or flop, but I've been impressed so far with the way a lot of Purg contributors have weighed in to these discussions.

I do think she's engaging better, now she's picked up more on the ethos and guidelines.

Not very Hellish, but maybe worth saying here.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still tired of being subjected to her tidal wave of propaganda, and it's still putting me off engaging as much. Not a bad thing for my life overall, but.....

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ad Orientem:
Which fucking planet do you come from?

Niburu, apparently.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Midge:
The ELITE were bound to supress EWC with a hell call sooner or later.

Ad Orientem as part of the ELITE? That's less believable than a massive donut-shaped planet being in close proximity to Earth.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember her from years ago on the BBC forums. Actually, she seems to have mellowed quite a bit, and is less fractious. Oops, that's not very hellish, is it? Errm, Emily, you are quite strange. Hope that suffices.

[ 24. May 2013, 09:44: Message edited by: quetzalcoatl ]

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FooloftheShip:
I'm still tired of being subjected to her tidal wave of propaganda,

You are "subjecting" yourself to what you term propaganda. No need to blame Emily; you yourself are the culprit. Don't like it? Don't read it.

I've already been un-Hellish once on this thread, so in for a sheep: Hosts have to read every word each one of us, including Emily, writes. I commend them for their patience and tolerance, not only with Emily, but with the rest of us. It must be due to the handsome pay we offer. Not.

I'm a former Christian, and have seen folks like Emily hounded out of one particular church for all the reasons stated on this thread. It was an eye-opening experience and led to my leaving that church. When people who advertise themselves as all about love and inclusion start circling newcomers and testing them for "suitability" and "appropriateness," much less "bat-shit craziness," I have to wonder what "love" and "welcome" and "inclusion" mean to the Christians among us, and I wonder how civilized the rest of us can actually claim to be.

Yes, I know: easy for me to say; I'm not engaging on her threads. The reason is this: I do this for a living. It's my job to engage with people who can legitimately be described as bat-shit crazy, and sometimes takes every ounce of my attention, along with quick reflexes, just to keep myself and staff from physical and emotional harm. There's a taste of what Hosts must do on these boards. But I get paid (though damn little) for my efforts. They don't.

quote:
. . . and it's still putting me off engaging as much. Not a bad thing for my life overall, but.....

Who is holding that gun to your head? Where in the 10 Commandments is each one of us required to engage with every single poster regardless of how odd or disagreeable we find them? Where are we required to dispute every single idea we find lacking in substance?

There must be other posters aboard with whom you can continue to craft satisfying or mind-expanding exchanges. Why not put your energies there, instead of hounding someone who sets your teeth on edge?

[ 24. May 2013, 13:08: Message edited by: Porridge ]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'm still tired of being subjected to her tidal wave of propaganda, and it's still putting me off engaging as much. Not a bad thing for my life overall, but.....

Pretty much as Porridge has put it. Hell isn't for everyone, some threads and posters aren't for everyone and certain posters, in Hell take things to another plane.

There are only a few of us who have to read and check every post on a board, poster and subject notwithstanding. You don't have to keep us company.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I always love it when you freaks…

(Why is 'freaks' acceptable but 'losers' isn't? Whenever I say 'losers' Ms Alves jumps on me.)

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
quote:

(Why is 'freaks' acceptable but 'losers' isn't? Whenever I say 'losers' Ms Alves jumps on me.)
'Freaks' is established, historic, Ship of Fools terminology. We don't have many traditions, but this is one.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah Sine Nomine - familiarise yourself with SoF terminology and traditions, you noob.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Yes, that was sort of what I was thinking…But as the saying goes 'You're only as good as your last haircut.')

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:

I'm a former Christian, and have seen folks like Emily hounded out of one particular church for all the reasons stated on this thread. It was an eye-opening experience and led to my leaving that church. When people who advertise themselves as all about love and inclusion start circling newcomers and testing them for "suitability" and "appropriateness," much less "bat-shit craziness," I have to wonder what "love" and "welcome" and "inclusion" mean to the Christians among us, and I wonder how civilized the rest of us can actually claim to be.
[/QB]

A couple of years ago, I was informed by the team leader of my then local Street Pastors, that I "didn't follow the Bible, and didn't follow Jesus," and she couldn't have me on her team. That's after having had my application accepted by Head Office. (Frankly, I found her views on the Bible bat shit crazy, but she was the team leader that night.) So, I am rather against the idea of dogpiling anyone, even Emily, for her somewhat arcane beliefs. Don't agree with her, though.

And I haven't played hopscotch since.

[ 24. May 2013, 14:27: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Actually I was being somewhat disingenuous as I suspect I know the reason. "Freaks" can sound kind of cool - "Hey, man! I'm FREAKEE!!" - but "Losers" cuts too close to the bone, as this thread shows.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
I've already been un-Hellish once on this thread, so in for a sheep: Hosts have to read every word each one of us, including Emily, writes. I commend them for their patience and tolerance, not only with Emily, but with the rest of us. It must be due to the handsome pay we offer. Not.

Yes. After looking over Purgatory for the last few days, I rather feel the need to go and buy up the entire chocolate aisle of my local supermarket and post it to the poor buggers who have to read every last fruitloopy word.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
After looking over Purgatory for the last few days, I rather feel the need to go and buy up the entire chocolate aisle of my local supermarket and post it to the poor buggers who have to read every last fruitloopy word.

It must be getting round to that time of year again. Chocorrit?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Is it the word 'losers' that makes her jump on you, or just you saying something?

Either way I'd imagine it's much like being attacked by a cute widdle fluffy kitten [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
Either way I'd imagine it's much like being attacked by a cute widdle fluffy kitten [Big Grin]

Kittens have sharp little claws that can teach respect very quickly.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
'Freaks' is established, historic, Ship of Fools terminology. We don't have many traditions, but this is one.

Surely fuckwit is too?

Never heard it b4 the ship.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is it the word 'losers' that makes her jump on you, or just you saying something?

Yeah you have not been around for a while have you. That fluffy kitten has hosted Hell. It is where we seem to try out our admins these days.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
I just read the exchange of posts between Emily and Martin PCnot on the " Occult & New Age HERESIES" thread.

OMG

[Killing me]

I sort of think they're two peas in a pod. Or two pod people, anyway.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:

She's been taking classes to put her in touch with her feelings. Or self-validation. Or something.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
Hell ... is where we seem to try out our admins these days.

Can you think of a better place to test if someone's got what it takes?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Can you think of a better place to test if someone's got what it takes?

From my observation of the Ship, I would suggest that any Circus host who can successfully close a "Mornington Crescent" thread would be at least equally qualified.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I would say a better test is a host who can successfully stomach reading "Mornington Crescent" without massive quantities of GIN.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I sometimes feel like a loser , the thought freaks me out rather .

As for Emily Craig-wotsit , I'd sooner watch the clouds meander across the sky that fix my eyes on something that seems to resemble complete ga-ga .

Mind you if she's managed to engage Bio-hazard in meaningful debate then that's sure to be worth something. [Razz]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:

....if she's managed to engage Bio-hazard in meaningful debate ....

How would one tell?
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

- Posted      Profile for Emily Windsor-Cragg   Author's homepage   Email Emily Windsor-Cragg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all for simply allowing me to breathe the same air.

These comments are very moderate and somewhat tactful--not impossibly unkind.

One comment I got from a member privately was that this place might be able to respond to some new and lively input because it's been too quiet lately.

What I say here is exactly what I say everywhere, so if you think I'm bat-shit crazy, well at least I'm consistent about it. And I mean it.

http://www.holyconservancy.org/NEWAGERR.htm

Posts: 326 | From: California | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But do you ever talk about anything else love ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will say this for Emily: she is giving Martin PC Not-and-Something-or-Other a run for the title of most inscrutable posts.

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Yeah you have not been around for a while have you. That fluffy kitten has hosted Hell. It is where we seem to try out our admins these days.

Jengie

She might have hosted Hell, but I refuse to believe that Sine is scared of Kelly.

RooK, maybe [Biased] Mind you, having survived the small group and knowing Grits, I can't imagine Sine is scared of anyone on the Ship [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Justinian
Shipmate
# 5357

- Posted      Profile for Justinian   Email Justinian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon in the Nati:
I will say this for Emily: she is giving Martin PC Not-and-Something-or-Other a run for the title of most inscrutable posts.

Nah. Martin's always got a core of a point there. Emily... appears to be from a different universe.

--------------------
My real name consists of just four letters, but in billions of combinations.

Eudaimonaic Laughter - my blog.

Posts: 3926 | From: The Sea Coast of Bohemia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
But do you ever talk about anything else love ?

I'd be quite interested to find out how she fares on something she can engage with on it's own issues (not related to the Annukki).

Perhaps she knows of some fictional book titles that can be improved to describe something familiar to us all.

If nothing else if I'm given the choice of trusting between 2 people I know nothing about, the one who I've seen making good points on issues I do understand (and can verify) is going to have a chance of a first look.

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
A couple of years ago, I was informed by the team leader of my then local Street Pastors, that I "didn't follow the Bible, and didn't follow Jesus," and she couldn't have me on her team. That's after having had my application accepted by Head Office. (Frankly, I found her views on the Bible bat shit crazy, but she was the team leader that night.) So, I am rather against the idea of dogpiling anyone, even Emily, for her somewhat arcane beliefs. Don't agree with her, though.

And I haven't played hopscotch since.

Sorry you had that experience, and sorry for your former Street Pastor group that they lost the services of someone who's always come across to this shipmate as both wise and sane.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jengie

She might have hosted Hell, but I refuse to believe that Sine is scared of Kelly.

Well first off, I never hosted Hell.[Point of pride, though, I found out they were thinking of putting me in Hell just before they tapped me for Admin. Man, two way head rush.]

Second, I like it when people aren't scared of me The element of surprise is always an advantage.

And Sine-- I think I griped bout you talking about losers once, maybe twice. I'd forgotten all about it, So sorry if it's been keeping you up nights.

On reflection, I think the reason it grates when you say it is that it somehow reeks of projection. "Oh the cute guy nodded brusquely when I smiled at him at Starbucks, how will I cope? I know, I'll play Spot the Loser on SOF!"

Granted, that is a sure-fire road to success--kinda like fishing at a trout farm-- but whatever.

Or maybe it just puts me in mind of somebody else who definitely used it that way.

Either way, why do you give a fuck what I think? I can give you ten reasons I would qualify as loser by any but the kindest definition, anyway.

Oh, and RooK is definitely my bitch. As proof, he will probably arrive on scene with a bombastic smokescreen of abuse to cover his denial in that regard in 3...2...

[ 24. May 2013, 20:57: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016