homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Indifferently the uberAnglican (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Indifferently the uberAnglican
St Deird
Shipmate
# 7631

- Posted      Profile for St Deird   Author's homepage   Email St Deird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Indifferently, what the hell is your problem? You seem to consider it essential to interrupt every thread you disagree with just to point out that you disagree with it - and you're so completely obsessed with being Anglican that it outweighs your interest in being Christian.

I mean, when your reason for not using prayer beads is them not being in the prayer book, that's weird. And then, when it comes to the difference between you and Fred Phelps of all fucking people, the first reason that springs to mind is "but Phelps doesn't agree with the thirty-nine articles!" WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???

You are INSANE, and need to actually learn that following Jesus has a lot more to it than following the CoE's publications - especially since Jesus couldn't have listed a single one of the fucking thirty-nine.

--------------------
They're not hobbies; they're a robust post-apocalyptic skill-set.

Posts: 319 | From: the other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The wanker started discussion the titles of Anglican bishops in the latest Presby thread down in Eccles.

Dear Lord, I get my quarterly Eccles Communion and Indifferently starts filling the common cup with backwash.

[Disappointed]

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's his go at antisemitism.

And whatever this is.

What a peach.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And pronouncing "God is Love" after starting a thread bemoaning the de-emphasis on God's Wrath.

Not to mention his intention to "unchurch" the Phelps crowd after assuring us that he doesn't usually "unchurch" people.

and his very special approach to Dead Horses. He's almost as good as Fred Phelps in convincing bigots to change their mind because they don't want to be on the same side of the argument as him

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's my impression that he is a youth taking the piss.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:

His profile says he was born in 1960. Though 1690 would be equally feasible.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:

And whatever this is.

What a peach.

I think they were posted at about midnight and 2:30 am. Posting while pissed is about as smart as DUI. His latest dig at orfeo on the Russian anti-gay bill thread however was posted mid-afternoon. Maybe too good a lunch?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I draw your attention to the following theory. It seems to me to explain quite a lot about this particular Shipmate.

"Indifferently" is found in the Book of Common Prayer 1662 version. From Holy Communion

quote:
And grant unto her [i.e. the Queen’s] whole Council, and to all that are put in authority under her, that they may truly and indifferently administer justice, to the punishment of wickedness and vice, and to the maintenance of true religion, and virtue.
In context and at the time of original composition, the word meant "impartially". I think our Shipmate is playing on the double meaning that "indifferently" holds today i.e. he is the impartial one AND he is completely indifferent to the opinions of anyone who disagrees with him.

Which of course tends to make attempts at discussion based on viewpoints other than his own just a tad fruitless. Still, his particular brand of reformation seems to keep him happy enough.

Personally, I think he's a bit of a saddo. Kind of "boxed in", really.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I also got the impression he wasn't serious - I figured he was trolling. Someone who is as fanatical about the Church of England as his posts seem to suggest would surely not give themselves a name like 'indifferently'.

ETA: Ah, I cross-posted with Barnabas62. Maybe then he is serious. He still seems like he is trolling in the way he goes about it though. Maybe he just lacks social interaction skills.

[ 23. June 2013, 22:17: Message edited by: Fineline ]

Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

- Posted      Profile for ToujoursDan   Email ToujoursDan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll bet in real life he's the life of the party, someone everyone wants to be like.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Many people say I embarrass them with my humility" - Archbishop Peter Akinola
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/toujoursdan

Posts: 3734 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That might depend on who else has been invited.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
I draw your attention to the following theory. It seems to me to explain quite a lot about this particular Shipmate.

"Indifferently" is found in the Book of Common Prayer 1662 version. From Holy Communion

quote:
And grant unto her [i.e. the Queen’s] whole Council, and to all that are put in authority under her, that they may truly and indifferently administer justice, to the punishment of wickedness and vice, and to the maintenance of true religion, and virtue.
In context and at the time of original composition, the word meant "impartially". I think our Shipmate is playing on the double meaning that "indifferently" holds today i.e. he is the impartial one AND he is completely indifferent to the opinions of anyone who disagrees with him.

Which of course tends to make attempts at discussion based on viewpoints other than his own just a tad fruitless. Still, his particular brand of reformation seems to keep him happy enough.

Personally, I think he's a bit of a saddo. Kind of "boxed in", really.

When I first saw his/her screen name, I thought of a bit in CS Lewis's Prayer: Letters to Malcolm. Lewis is decrying changes to the prayer book, specifically about changing "indifferently" to "impartially". He tells of asking one (1) older man of little education what he thinks "indifferently" means. To Lewis's delight, the old man trots out the old prayer book definition (equivalent to the modern "impartially") and says he doesn't know what the actual word "impartially" means - so Lewis says "see -- we shouldn't mess with the old prayer book, because 'ordinary' people understand it."

Not one of Lewis's finer moments -- he could be quite a doorknob about anything to do with change in the church. Almost as doorknobbish as our friend Indifferently.

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

My guess is more along the lines of a cranky old bastard pissed off about things not being as good as they were in the rose-tinted 1950s.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Means he's a drunk or is peeing around here, though the way you wrote it is strange. We normally say taking a piss for peeing, and being pissed for drunk. What do you mean by it? Posting when drunk?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
quote:

Means he's a drunk or is peeing around here, though the way you wrote it is strange. We normally say taking a piss for peeing, and being pissed for drunk. What do you mean by it? Posting when drunk?
Oh, FFS, let's turn this thread into another discussion of different forms of English. NOT.

Google it, you fucktard.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
quote:

My guess is more along the lines of a cranky old bastard pissed off about things not being as good as they were in the rose-tinted 1950s.
1950's?

More like 15 or 1600's.

The question is whether the way the truth and the life begins in 1549, 1552, or 1662.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Young?
You can almost hear him shouting "Kids! Get off of my lawn (surplice)!"

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wondered about the troll theory, mostly because when I first read his stuff it didn't really gel all that well with the 1662 BCP Anglicans I know. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Despite the McEnroe "You can not be serious" thoughts. Trolls are sad too. Just a different kind of sad.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I wondered about the troll theory, mostly because when I first read his stuff it didn't really gel all that well with the 1662 BCP Anglicans I know. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting thought. Different type of lunatic?
Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:

And whatever this is.

What a peach.

I think they were posted at about midnight and 2:30 am. Posting while pissed is about as smart as DUI. His latest dig at orfeo on the Russian anti-gay bill thread however was posted mid-afternoon. Maybe too good a lunch?
Ta. Hadn't seen that yet. Unimaginative and fairly predictable, but then indifferently hasn't shown the slightest flicker of creativity anywhere.

The bit about being different from Phelps because Phelps doesn't believe the 39 Articles was amazingly obtuse, wasn't it.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He was rather spot on about modesty tho.

Can I brag too? Even tho I'm not gay? Or is it only gay people that are awesome? [Razz]

[ 24. June 2013, 06:58: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:

Interesting thought. Different type of lunatic?
Practising my PC language mode, David; even in Hell. (Which makes me kind of sad too. But you never know when it might come in useful these days)

Good to see you back, Shipmate.

--------------------

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To be honest, I'm quite surprised this thread took so long to appear.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whatever his age (and I take the info on people's profiles with a large grain of salt*), I think Indifferently is a wind-up merchant**. His persona*** is that of a complete asshat****, and I'd contend that someone who goes to such trouble to portray themselves as a tedious bigot may well be one IRL*****.

*'with a...grain of salt': with some skepticism
**'wind-up merchant': someone taking the piss
***'persona': the role taken by an actor
****'asshat': one whose head is stuck so far up their own fundament that he or she is wearing their buttocks as a hat. Favourite epithet of Erin, may she rest in peace.
*****'IRL': In real life.

[ 24. June 2013, 09:12: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My main meeting with Indif was on the Phelps thread. Interestingly, his reasons for not being like Phelps were that he believes in the 39 articles, and infant baptism. Neither of which Jesus would have accepted.

He is clearly an Anglianist, not a Christian. He is also so utterly outraged at everything that suggests his beloved CofE is fucked down the fucking drain that I suspect he will die along with it.

Good fucking riddance.

RIP. Dipship.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

In the UK, 'taking the piss' is a perfectly normal expression for 'taking the mickey', 'winding someone up' etc. Sometimes people play around with the phrase: 'extracting the urine'. If one is 'taking the piss out of someone else' that means you're making fun out of them. Absolutely regular normal UK phrase.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've heard of rabid Anglicans, but thought it must be a misprint, but lo, no, it is so.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
He is also so utterly outraged at everything that suggests his beloved CofE is fucked down the fucking drain that I suspect he will die along with it.

We are not fucked down the fucking drain.

And I tell you, you are Anglican and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.

Besides, we're a catchpool for disillusioned conservative fundies that aren't quite ready to give up their faith. Plenty of scope there.

Thanks be to God.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
To be honest, I'm quite surprised this thread took so long to appear.

Though, there are two existing Hell calls for other things that Indifferently has posted. Not many people manage 3 active Hell calls at the same time.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
He was rather spot on about modesty tho.

Can I brag too? Even tho I'm not gay? Or is it only gay people that are awesome? [Razz]

There are plenty of awesome straight people in this world. But you haven't provided much evidence that you're one of them.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
There are plenty of awesome straight people in this world. But you haven't provided much evidence that you're one of them.

"much"?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Probably don't need the qualifier for Evensong, but we'll try to keep this on Indifferently, shall we? For now, anyway.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This may be an IM from the '70s, but I believe the canonical form is, "Straights can be awesome, but only gay people can be Fabulous."
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Probably don't need the qualifier for Evensong, but we'll try to keep this on Indifferently, shall we? For now, anyway.

Point ta'en

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[tangent]
An ad just popped up next to this thread -- "4 Ways to Awesomeness."
[Big Grin]
[/tangent]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
[tangent]
An ad just popped up next to this thread -- "4 Ways to Awesomeness."
[Big Grin]
[/tangent]

Is "turn off advertising in your browser" one of them?

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haha!

I just got an ad for "sewage treatment experts"!

[Killing me]

Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some Shippies are prone to the belief that Anglicans get off lightly round these parts. Personally, I feel utterly besmirched by the association.

[Paranoid]

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, FFS, let's turn this thread into another discussion of different forms of English. NOT.

Google it, you fucktard.

No one should have to google to understand something written in English.

And given my well-known sensitivity to this word which I have raised enough times to drive people to go get pissed and then piss themselves, I'll refrain from calling you a crippletard.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

What? You mean every English speaker in the world should have memorized the whole of the vocabulary of both words and phrases? Are you mad?

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

What? You mean every English speaker in the world should have memorized the whole of the vocabulary of both words and phrases? Are you mad?
Obvious slang that doesn't play everywhere. We're in hell where we can apparently chew gnarf.

[ 24. June 2013, 20:07: Message edited by: no prophet ]

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Obvious slang that doesn't play everywhere.

1. You have now moved the goalposts.

2. I have no idea how much of my slang plays everywhere. How much easier for you just to google a fucking phrase than for each of us to determine, for every slang term we use, where and where not it's used.

[ 24. June 2013, 20:18: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Google it, you fucktard.

I learned just how wrong that is very early in my hosting career. On the other hand you get to choose whether to follow a thread, so if there's something that escapes your encyclopaedic knowledge, you can look it up. Haven't you ever had to use a dictionary?
quote:

And given my well-known sensitivity to this word which I have raised enough times to drive people to go get pissed and then piss themselves, I'll refrain from calling you a crippletard.

If you're sensitive to a word and let people know you feel that way about it then, in Hell especially, guess what word they will use? Go on, I'm sure even you can work this out.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

My theory is that 'fucktard' is not a contraction of anything. It belongs to the family of bastard/laggard/coward/dastard/blackguard. Strictly, it should be 'fuckard' - but a really effective expletive needs a consonantal spine - hence the 't'.

But no prophet in this matter is a diehard, not to mention dullard.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also connects with 'retard', as in 'creotard', or is it 'creatard'?

So, 'tard' is a bit like 'gate', although so far, less productive.

Hence, "'creotardgate' scandal rocks Governor's mansion."

[ 24. June 2013, 21:09: Message edited by: quetzalcoatl ]

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

First 3 hits with "fucktard" in the displayed link within the non-tracking non-google-search engine ixquick.com do not support the argument advanced above:

http://www.chattingwords.com/definition/what-is-fucktard.htm

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/fucktard

http://www.chattingwords.com/definition/what-is-fucktard.htm

You might also find this article informative, even though some of you apparently already know it all: Man with Down's syndrome responsed to 'retard', Macleans magazine

Having spent some time recently at the Special Olympics in Saskatoon, yes I am a dullard about this.

You can dress it up as you want, but fucktard means fucking retard and insults some people as badly as nigger would others. Where I live, either would get you punched of you said it outloud, and a human rights complaint when possible.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

You've posted that stuff often enough to be a crusader.

Fucktard.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

I get the Hell thing and the ha-ha. But I had thought better of you Pete.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Really, you've never given that impression before.

Or is this more of a passive aggressive attempt to change his mind ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

It wouldn't work,anyway. I may be crippled, but he's still a fucktard.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016