homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » orfeo's Sad Little Sex Life (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: orfeo's Sad Little Sex Life
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
listen, gentlemen, let's discuss orfeo's sad little sex life elsewhere, yes?

I really don't have much to say about it but as thread titles go it's hard to beat. And Hell is so slow these days even if it gets locked it will be on page one forever.

Unless of course the hosts decide the topic belongs on The Circus.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My chief objection is that his sad little sex life is so much better than my sad little sex life.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Better a sad little sex life than no sex life at all, perhaps.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Actually this might have a future as TICH Dating and my sex life. I recently had occasion to investigate the joys of online 'dating' - Yes, that's a euphemism. But I've been AMAZED at what some people consider their best angle, photographically speaking.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:

Perchance I should have specified that - I go to bars for a drink, with a book.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Isn't this the subject of an opera: Orfeo in Lesbos?

It's likely to perk up when he hits San Francisco.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

In addition to being a pissy little pedant, you are also a brainwave thief. Get out of my brain, Mouse.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
I've been AMAZED at what some people consider their best angle, photographically speaking.

We best not ask. [Eek!]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At any rate, telling someone they have a "sad little sex life" seems like sour grapes.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

They either have tripods or very obliging friends.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
At any rate, telling someone they have a "sad little sex life" seems like sour grapes.

I'm sure Comet could have sex if she wanted to. She's a very attractive woman.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:

Well, I said "seems." She is indeed no slouch in the looks department.

quote:
They either have tripods or very obliging friends.

That gives a whole 'nother meaning to this book title.

[ 29. June 2013, 22:58: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's true: I did not waste a moment to dive into this thread to peruse its gory contents. Well played. Not quite as gotcha as the calling Alan Cresswell to Hell thread, which I should have been more dubious about. But still.

I feel that we should be selling "orfeo's Sad Little Sex Life" T-shirts or some such, to both feel exclusive/shocking as well as generating a fund so he can afford to actually have fun in NY. Instead of whateverthefuck he seems to be doing.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"They visited orfeo's sad little sex life and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't seen the other thread since I last posted on it. I'm wondering if I should go look, now.

My sex life has been pretty damn good recently. The assumption that I was going to a bar because I needed to get laid was a stupid assumption, which is why I chewed you out on it in the first place Sine.

Also, the lack of imagination you're showing tells me you'd be a pretty bad lay. No creativity.

Edit: okay so I went back to the other thread. Wrong Sine, wronger than wrong. Mr Smart Arse decides I didn't get laid in New York. I don't normally go around broadcasting my sex life, but just to rub your perpetually smug face in it for once, so you drop your superiority act, if that doesn't actually kill you: I've got laid 3 times in New York. And the weekend is young. Now fuck off and die.

[ 29. June 2013, 23:49: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Also, the lack of imagination you're showing tells me you'd be a pretty bad lay. No creativity.

Frankly I think enthusiasm is more important than creativity.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

(I hope orfeo isn't as easy to manipulate in real life.)

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There you are, displaying creativity.

Can I just say, the FLP right just now before I post is a "Freedom and Song" dream grab?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Greatest city in the world my arse. This place sucks. There I'VE SAID IT. On the Internet where it can be preserved for posterity and embarrass me when I'm famous. I dislike New York City, you bunch of assholes!

Oh dear! Apparently your tricks were neither creative nor enthusiastic. Sounds like the best you can go for is 'numerous', you Aussie slut.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

To be fair to Orfeo, NYC is like Father Guido Sarducchi's armpit in the summer, and everybody gets cranky as hell about it. As I recall.

Try late winder/early spring. Lovely, fresh, and everyone has chill-induced roses in their cheeks and an air of optimistic cheer.

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll bet it all started in the hotel laundry room. A handsome traveling salesman had filled up both machines at once and Orfeo had such a spectacular hissy fit, it caused the man to look up from his Wall Street Journal and fall in love.
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
There you are, displaying creativity.

Can I just say, the FLP right just now before I post is a "Freedom and Song" dream grab?

Sometimes I regret changing to the acronym.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
This place sucks.

(Apparently he got that part right.)

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

In more ways than one...

quote:
you bunch of assholes!

--------------------

The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
listen, gentlemen, let's discuss orfeo's sad little sex life elsewhere, yes?

I really don't have much to say about it but as thread titles go it's hard to beat. And Hell is so slow these days even if it gets locked it will be on page one forever
Would someone favor us with the courtesy of a link?
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...or maybe it was when his luggage handle broke and someone mistook the telescopic handle he was waving around for something else.
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:

Channeling Orfeo are you?
Read TICTH.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Sine Nomine

# 66

Perhaps we should backtrack and see what happened in Toronto and Chicago. I had no idea he was so promiscuous.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Perhaps we should backtrack and see what happened in Toronto and Chicago. I had no idea he was so promiscuous.

Perhaps he hired a (kof) lad to carry his luggage?

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

'Luggage'? Is that like 'Junk'?

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I met orfeo in Ottawa. I can thankfully report that nothing came up, neither his sex life or the other reference of this way-too-easy innuendo.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
'Luggage'? Is that like 'Junk'?

Depends on how sad and little it is, I suppose. Or who's lugging it.

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
Well, I think someone who goes to bars for social interaction and not intending to get laid and then gets laid three times has little to complain about.

So there must be more to this intriguing tale. "Social interaction" is clearly a euphemism. But for what??? My mind is spinning.

Sine Nomine

# 66

'social intercourse'

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

Well, he clearly got the latter.

Maybe they weren't polite.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Sine Nomine

# 66

Maybe he started talking about music.

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
quote:

Perchance I should have specified that - I go to bars for a drink, with a book.
Which book? Getting the right title can be the difference between carpet burns and abject failure.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Which book? Getting the right title can be the difference between carpet burns and abject failure.

This may not be it.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Well, I think someone who goes to bars for social interaction and not intending to get laid and then gets laid three times has little to complain about.

So there must be more to this intriguing tale. "Social interaction" is clearly a euphemism. But for what??? My mind is spinning.

The only thing I have to complain about is your lack of logic. Exemplified by the words 'and then'.

You know what? You can all fuck off and die. A persons sex life is not an appropriate topic for a thread. I didn't fucking bring it up. I said something about bars. It wasn't all about a specific bar on a specific night, but hey, the master of gay smut decided he could add a few things together and make something of it.

I bet you've never seen a Host flounce before. So watch carefully. I'm ignoring the fucking lot of you down here in Hell until I return to duties. If I return to duties. Right now I'd sooner lock the fucking place up and tell you to go stick something sharp in very unpleasant places.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

When I was an undergraduate at Tulane I used to take my Latin homework down to a bar in the French Quarter and do it. Although as gambits go I don't recall it being particularly successful.

--------------------

The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:

Channeling Orfeo are you?
Tosser.
quote:
Read TICTH.
Or, you could have just served up the link.

[ 30. June 2013, 01:33: Message edited by: The Silent Acolyte ]

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Gee...My sex life has been a standing joke around here for years. You can't even mention carpet without people collapsing in laughter.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
When I was an undergraduate at Tulane I used to take my Latin homework down to a bar in the French Quarter and do it. Although as gambits go I don't recall it being particularly successful.

I once passed someone a note in Latin in the old Eagle's Nest in NYC (not there anymore, more's the pity).

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Did it achieve its objective?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Gee...My sex life has been a standing joke around here for years. You can't even mention carpet without people collapsing in laughter.

That's your sex life, orfeo's is, I believe, different. Moreover, "carpet burns" et al are your defence mechanism, a bit like Black people using the "N" word. Besides which it's NYC and bars orfeo is railing against.

While you're at it why not call every other participant of the "A Truth Universally Acknowledged" thread in AS here? Why not all of them? Heck even straight folk have risible sex lives.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Hey now. just last night I had a downright pornographic little dream involving a salmon trawler and three gallons of guacamole. in my world right now, that's sexy.

I might need to reconsider my game.
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
I go to bars for a drink, with a book.

me too!

I think we're doing it wrong...
quote:
quote:

if only photogeniality (is that a word?) were enough. I'm beginning to suspect my shy and demure demeanor might be putting men off. Obviously I need to work on my assertiveness.

quote:

okay, I laughed.

Hard.

Healed up yet, baby? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I've got laid 3 times in New York. And the weekend is young.

road trip to New York, anyone?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

quote:
quote:
I've got laid 3 times in New York. And the weekend is young.

road trip to New York, anyone?
Ship meets would be so much more fun if there was more casual sex.

But, damn, I was in New York three weeks ago. You could have called it then. I can't afford another airfare.

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
While you're at it why not call every other participant of the "A Truth Universally Acknowledged" thread in AS here? Why not all of them? Heck even straight folk have risible sex lives.

Orfeo, who claims to be such a Hell expert, would've been wiser not to announce that he's been tricking up a storm in the Big Apple. Although it's pretty damn impressive!

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Were you trolling for priests?
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016