homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Andy Murray - before it's too late!!! (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Andy Murray - before it's too late!!!
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's two sets up! Okay I hate tennis but I hate Murray more.

He is an anti-English wanker and I'd rather have somebody from a no-name-muddy-field-istan like whoever-he's-playing-ovich than an anti-English Scotch twat like him win!!!

Come on God, give the hammer-power of "Longshanks" to whoever he's playing!!!!

[ 07. July 2013, 15:36: Message edited by: deano ]

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has he come out with this this 'Anyone But England' claptrap recently or can we try to put it down to youthful folly?
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't hate Murray but I do hate patriotism. Wanting somebody to win something because they happen to be from the same country as you just mystifies me.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Give the guy a break - I hope he wins and am returning to the telly shortly.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So he wanted anyone but England to win the World cup.

So he once sexistly said some blokes 'played like women'.

He's young.

He's also a good player who deserves to win like he did at last year's Olympics.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We will let home be English if he wins Wimbledon.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Midge:

No we fucking wont!!!

--------------------

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:

No we fucking wont!!!
Why not? It's the worse fate that could befall a true Scott!

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'd rather have somebody from a no-name-muddy-field-istan like whoever-he's-playing-ovich than an anti-English Scotch twat like him win!!

I love that 'anyone but England' attitude. The tensions are part of what makes Britain British. And he just won, so fuck you, deano, you ignorant racist twat.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

FUCKING SCOTCH WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

On Scottish independence we will be moaning that it 80+ years since an English man won a grand slam.

--------------------

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano, people are Scottish not Scotch.

What's wrong with Scotland anyway?

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

deano
princess
# 12063

It's not anyone but England. It's anyone but someone who hates England!

You fuckface ignorant cunt.

--------------------

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:

I think Robert Burns might disagree?
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Is this entirely based on Murray's comment about cheering on England's opponents in the football? There's a fair argument that he was just making a joke; has Murray given any other indications that he hates England?

And Murray won - put that up your pipe and smoke it!

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yes, you made what you think perfectly clear. Well, I say 'think' ...

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In your cups again, are you deanny-weenie?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Sod off. First you steal our oil, now you want our tennis champion. Get yer ain ye numpties.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
quote:

Robert Burns is kind of dead and not here to disagree. Scotch WAS the usual term before the English turned it into an insult (in Tudor times, you were fined for calling another man 'Scotch').

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

SCOTCH anti-English cunt.

Enjoy your little win. We'll take your oil.

Wanker.

--------------------

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
quote:

Robert Burns is kind of dead and not here to disagree. Scotch WAS the usual term before the English turned it into an insult (in Tudor times, you were fined for calling another man 'Scotch').
I've just checked the second and third editions of Fowler's Modern English Usage and neither criticise its use.
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

quote:
SCOTCH anti-English cunt.

Enjoy your little win. We'll take your oil.

Wanker.

You might want to add a little more lemonade to your Pimm's, Deano.
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Pathetic.

--------------------

alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never, ever said this before.
And I truly thought I never would, but hey, Deano you are officially the second most ridiculous person in Britain* and it's your fault:

LAMEST HELL-CALL EVER

Ever, ever.

Ever.

AFZ

*The Rt Hon David Cameron MP

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tim Henman explains.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't hate Murray but I do hate patriotism. Wanting somebody to win something because they happen to be from the same country as you just mystifies me.

We'll let the oddity of hating patriotism (as opposed to merely not feeling it, and to hating nationalism), pass, but you've nothing to worry about here, have you? You're English: he's a Scot.

Never cared for him much myself but I have found myself warming to him lately, and not because I have any interest at all in tennis or because it was starting to look like he might win Wimbledon. He's graceless and charmless but he is a battler and in those respects (as well as being actually good at top flight tennis) he's so utterly not Tim Henman that it's rather appealing.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

Sod off. First you steal our oil, now you want our tennis champion. Get yer ain ye numpties.
You deserve your champion- 'Caledonia stern and wild...' and all that: all we could ever produce was that weedy little mummy's boy Henman.
You can have your oil.
But you can have your banks and Michael Gove, too.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, according to deano it was only a 'little' win - so what's he getting his damp little knickers in a twist for?
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

No we fucking wont!!!
Who is this "we" you mention? Speak for yourself.

My only regret is that Djokovic isn't Australian. Now that would have been sweet.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
he's so utterly not Tim Henman that it's rather appealing.

You are so right. Not being Henman is a great reason for liking someone.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog:
I've never, ever said this before.
And I truly thought I never would, but hey, Deano you are officially the second most ridiculous person in Britain* and it's your fault:

LAMEST HELL-CALL EVER

Ever, ever.

Ever.

AFZ

*The Rt Hon David Cameron MP

How can CallmeDave be regarded as more ridiculous that Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and George Osborne? Or all the judges of any "talent" show? The cast of Top Gear?

Maybe deano is the second most boring person in Britain.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, deano, can't be bothered to read you thoroughly, but did you say you wanted to be power-hammered by someone's long shank?
At least Murray did you metaphorically, good luck on your search for literally.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

What an exciting final.

And ENGLISHman David Cameron was cheering for Murray.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Albertus:
quote:
But you can have Michael Gove, too.
There's a wry reflection doing the rounds here - "We used to boast that an Aberdeen education would equip you for anything, but now we know that's not true. It doesn't equip you to be Secretary for State for Education." [Disappointed]

Please, feel free to keep Michael Gove.

Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Murray pointed out when challenged about his comment. He was joking and he had an English Girlfriend at the time. Let he who is without wankerish comments in his life cast the first stone.
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by leo:

Doubtless hoping some of the magic will rub off on him.

Though I notice he didn't bring a large flag. Unlike Alex Salmond who was sitting just behind him (and with pretty much the same ambition).

Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

Doubtless hoping some of the magic will rub off on him.

Though I notice he didn't bring a large flag. Unlike Alex Salmond who was sitting just behind him (and with pretty much the same ambition).

There was a St Andrew's Cross flying over No.10 though. Thought for a moment Gordon Brown was in power again!
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan:
Let he who is without wankerish comments in his life cast the first stone.

Hold on a moment! It is for the Hosts to decide that deano is no longer allowed to post.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Deano declares that he thinks it's Scotland's oil:
quote:
We'll take your oil.
Thank-you, deano. The S.N.P. concur with you on that one.
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is supposed to be Hell.

Murray deserved to win. And he fully deserves every accolade.

Now the hellish bit.

Has Novak ever played so badly? Pushing instead of hitting. Patting balls into the net or looping them long. Over 50 unforced errors. Thhe World No 1 playing like the world 253.

Question therefore: was this a monetary fix?

Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:
This is supposed to be Hell.

Murray deserved to win. And he fully deserves every accolade.

Now the hellish bit.

Has Novak ever played so badly? Pushing instead of hitting. Patting balls into the net or looping them long. Over 50 unforced errors. Thhe World No 1 playing like the world 253.

Question therefore: was this a monetary fix?

What utter bollocks. Did you see the match?

It might have been three sets but they were all tough. Murray earned those points, even the ones Djokovic put into the net. Even two sets down Djokovic came back to lead 4-2, and he fought back from 40-0 down in the last game.

You're talking drivel, and not for the first time.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

According to Wikipaedia, Djokovic's lifetime earnings have been over $50 million. So it's hard to imagine what sort of a bribe would be needed to persuade him to throw the game.
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched every ball

And the bloke who beat Del Potro in 5 never showed up today.

Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

quote:
I watched every ball

And? Different day, different opponent who was playing some superb tennis. D doesn't need the money. If you are a competitor, it is the winning which is everything. Grand Slam titles bestow a kind of immortality, a mark on history which in this internet age is unlikely to be lost. No bribe could get you that. Plus there's the risk of exposure which would ruin both you and your reputation - agsin, for ever.
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
North East Quine:
quote:
No, he's all yours. Really. You can come and get him any time you like. Sooner than that, if possible.

What you do with him when you get him north of the border is your affair; I see you already have an Education Minister... perhaps he could make the First Minister's tea.

[ 07. July 2013, 18:34: Message edited by: Jane R ]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you trust Michael Gove with boiling water?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

quote:
I watched every ball

And? Different day, different opponent who was playing some superb tennis. D doesn't need the money. If you are a competitor, it is the winning which is everything. Grand Slam titles bestow a kind of immortality, a mark on history which in this internet age is unlikely to be lost. No bribe could get you that. Plus there's the risk of exposure which would ruin both you and your reputation - agsin, for ever.
deano
princess
# 12063

The only way this could be useful is if Kate has a baby BOY, there is a little more good news on the economy and DC calls a general election on the "feel-good" factor, wins by a landsalide, votes through the boundary changes and sticks two fingers up to the SCOTCH and tells them that if the fuck off then he will veto them joining the EU unless they adopt the euro!

I hate the scotch, they hate us. But Britain is 3 celtic countries run by one better country in order to ensure the 3 celtic countries are not royally fucked over by England like they have been for the last few millenia, and they want to throw it away the ungrateful wankers.

They've never been any use unless sucking at Englands tit, so fuck them, fuck Murray, fuck every jock everywhere. If they want independance, all it means is that we don't have to worry about shafting them.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
North East Quine:
quote:
No, he's all yours. Really. You can come and get him any time you like. Sooner than that, if possible.

What you do with him when you get him north of the border is your affair; I see you already have an Education Minister... perhaps he could make the First Minister's tea.

You're too kind. But I think the First Minister is perfectly capable of making his own tea.

And the Forth Road bridge is now painted in special everlasting paint, so we can't put him to work painting that.

If we think of a use for him, we'll let you know. But in the meantime, you can keep him.

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

quote:
I hate the scotch, they hate us.

But many don't though, do they? There is a very vocal body of chippy twits who get off on this 'ABE' sort of thing but, as irritating as they are (and they do irritate me immensely) it doesn't necessarily follow that they are representative as a whole does it? I mean, Len McCluskey and Christine Blower are chippy twits who get off on spouting asinine nonsense, but they're not representative of working people, are they? (Or even of trades union members, some of whom vote Tory and most of whom don't vote Labour.)

Do you ever feel that you're letting a tiny bunch of fuckwits win when you, essentially, give them what they want?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016