homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Andy Murray - before it's too late!!! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Andy Murray - before it's too late!!!
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know anybody who "hates the English."

Originally posted by deano:
quote:
fuck every jock everywhere.
It does sound as though deano has some sort of sexual fantasy about men in kilts going on though.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My my, a bit of silly banter by a 19 year-old and that's enough to tar a person and a whole nation for ever. Personally, being English, I've got more contempt for the loony middle-class thatcherite nutters running the country, than a Scotsman who's just made sporting history
Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I hate the scotch

More of a meths and lighter fuel man?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
deano:
quote:
I hate the scotch...
Really? There are a fair number of Scottish people on the Ship, and I find them companionable. You hate them all?

Just wow.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:

Question therefore: was this a monetary fix?

I do wonder if here is anything - ANYTHING - up to and including the outbreak of world peace, universal brotherhood, conquest of all diseases, wiping away of tears from every eye - which would not provoke a cavil from your mean, miserable, petty, sour, narrow little soul.
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the subject of Michael Gove, North-East Quine said:
quote:
If we think of a use for him, we'll let you know. But in the meantime, you can keep him.
[Eek!] [Ultra confused] Deano is right - you DO hate us!!

I propose sending him to be the Governor of Rockall.

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
Would you trust Michael Gove with boiling water?

Yes. Not sure about his critics though. They'd probably serve up tepid water and then claim 'that the maximum temperature the system can boil water to and there's nothing I can do to change it'.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Firenze: I have never posted anything without a viscious and demeaning response from you.

So I expected nothing less this time rounnd.

Par for the course. But can anybody account for the Novak who appeared today compared to the Novak who came through the tournament thus far.

Apart from saying he had a bad day at the office. At its most charitable.

[ 07. July 2013, 20:53: Message edited by: shamwari ]

Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I hate the scotch,

Something we can agree on, though my da would glare daggers and call me disloyal, I hate the scotch too! Much prefer the rum or the bourbon.
Now that the match is over, can you go back to your EDL rally and give us a rest?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
deano, you're a pathetic, little* man.

Murray has already achieved more than you ever will do.

* Your mind, I mean.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog:
I've never, ever said this before.
And I truly thought I never would, but hey, Deano you are officially the second most ridiculous person in Britain* and it's your fault:

LAMEST HELL-CALL EVER

Ever, ever.

Ever.

AFZ

*The Rt Hon David Cameron MP

That's third. After that other Tory tosspot Gideon Osbourne. But apart from that, I agree with you. Deano, drink some water and go to bed. Your head's going to hurt bad in the morning [Disappointed]

Tubbs

PS. Bloody well done Andy!!! [Yipee]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For reference, people, the Chancellor of the Exchequer is Mr Osborne (he might be 'U', but there's no 'u').

(Sorry, Tubbs, but this is one of my bugbears.)

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
What an exciting final.

And ENGLISHman David Cameron was cheering for Murray.

Ahem: "I'm a Cameron, there is quite a lot of Scottish blood flowing through these veins" (BBC Sunday AM, 25/6/2006).

Another one they can have back.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cameron's great grandparents lived in Aberdeenshire, but he keeps quiet about them. Enquiring minds have wondered why.
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Firenze: I have never posted anything without a viscious and demeaning response from you.

At least spell it right - 'vicious'.

And I will continue to call you on your negative, ill-informed and in this case defamatory views.

Come up with some backing for them other than your uniquely miserabilist and suspicious nature.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

...is this about tennis?!?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no, no, silly comet, it is about a preferred alcoholic beverage.
Or else a racist, Daily Heil mouth breather with a phenomenal lack of comprehension.
Either way.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The only way this could be useful is if Kate has a baby BOY, there is a little more good news on the economy and DC calls a general election on the "feel-good" factor, wins by a landsalide, votes through the boundary changes and sticks two fingers up to the SCOTCH and tells them that if the fuck off then he will veto them joining the EU unless they adopt the euro!

I hate the scotch, they hate us. But Britain is 3 celtic countries run by one better country in order to ensure the 3 celtic countries are not royally fucked over by England like they have been for the last few millenia, and they want to throw it away the ungrateful wankers.

They've never been any use unless sucking at Englands tit, so fuck them, fuck Murray, fuck every jock everywhere. If they want independance, all it means is that we don't have to worry about shafting them.

Can I just say I'm in awe of this post. In actual awe.

It's not the racism. As with all racists, Deano hates something that doesn't exist, a dragon of his own imagination. He also conveniently overlooks all the celtic bits of Englandshire.

It's this use of poor Princess Kate and her reproductive organ. And also, a BOY?? Does a girl baby just not cut it? You now we don't do that whole dowry thing here??

Anyway Deano, console yourself. If you're a real Englishman, you're probably mostly French. And German. And Dane. And Celt.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
lilBuddha: No, no, no, silly comet, it is about a preferred alcoholic beverage.
Or else a racist, Daily Heil mouth breather with a phenomenal lack of comprehension.
Either way.

I think I'll have a Scotch right now. I know next to nothing about tennis, but here's to you Andy.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's almost worth trotting out my long-deceased Scottish grandfather Duncan Moodie, player of bagpipes and life-long utterer of incomprehensible-to-me Scots brogue, to provoke deano's faintly amusing if bibulous ire.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Par for the course. But can anybody account for the Novak who appeared today compared to the Novak who came through the tournament thus far.

I can only suggest his opponent was better than del Potro, and the others Djokovic had played up to that point. But I don't expect you to agree with me so you're welcome to your hare-brained notion.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So the #2 player in the tennis world beats the #1 player, and the world comes to an end?

Seriously. As I've often heard preached to me, any team can beat another team on a given day and time. (Well, assuming that they play in the same league and at the same level.) It's also known as shit happens.

Andy is the #2 player in the world, and has been for awhile. If he couldn't beat the #1 player given the right day, then he shouldn't have ever been ranked that high.

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:
So the #2 player in the tennis world beats the #1 player, and the world comes to an end?

Seriously. As I've often heard preached to me, any team can beat another team on a given day and time. (Well, assuming that they play in the same league and at the same level.) It's also known as shit happens.

Andy is the #2 player in the world, and has been for awhile. If he couldn't beat the #1 player given the right day, then he shouldn't have ever been ranked that high.

But..but...he's "scotch". The same rules don't apply. [Paranoid]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

I can only suggest his opponent was better than del Potro, and the others Djokovic had played up to that point. But I don't expect you to agree with me so you're welcome to your hare-brained notion.
He certainly was not better than Delpo. That was an extraordinary match. The final was great, but nowhere near as good.
Perhaps Djoka wasn't as good as he had been in the previous round, but this takes nothing away from Muz, who played superbly and deserved his win.
Have the rest of you considered that perhaps if we all ignore deano at once, he/she may just fuck off and die?

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree. Djokovic had a very bad day, and unfortunately for him it coincided with it Murray having a good day. It's not like Murray didn't deserve it because of that, because Djokovic on a bad day is still a fair challenge.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

Question therefore: was this a monetary fix?

I do wonder if here is anything - ANYTHING - up to and including the outbreak of world peace, universal brotherhood, conquest of all diseases, wiping away of tears from every eye - which would not provoke a cavil from your mean, miserable, petty, sour, narrow little soul.
Quotes file.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Cameron's great grandparents lived in Aberdeenshire, but he keeps quiet about them. Enquiring minds have wondered why.

I bet his Aberdeenshire relations keep quieter about him than he does about them.

[ 08. July 2013, 05:08: Message edited by: Albertus ]

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So Deano, I guess you're not one of those calling for Andy Murray to be knighted [Two face]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cod
Shipmate
# 2643

- Posted      Profile for Cod     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano, you sound like a Scottish Nationalist at 2 in the morning, on Red Bull and Twitter.

Now that Scotland is good at tennis, here is some nostalgia.

--------------------
"I fart in your general direction."
M Barnier

Posts: 4229 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As a Scottish person I find it quite pleasing that deano hates me. It means that I have no guilt about thinking of him as a third rate thinker, brainless shiteheid.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Third?
Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I took a careful look at that blancmange - it was deano all along.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cod:
[...] Now that Scotland is good at tennis, here is some nostalgia.

Always excellent to watch, from episode 6! Good find!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't watch the match, I have no interest in tennis. I went for a walk in the sunshine - plenty of others were doing the same.

I'm sure he deserved to win and to enjoy the moment and accolades.

But the media hype today is driving me maaaad! I've switched the radio off in favour of CDs - which is very rare for me.

[Snore]

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Liopleurodon

Mighty sea creature
# 4836

- Posted      Profile for Liopleurodon   Email Liopleurodon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh. Don't give a shit about tennis, or nationalism, wasn't watching, am English but don't hate the Scots - I identify as British rather than English anyway. And for all that, I'm quite pleased he won, simply because so many people in Britain wanted it so badly and it made them all happy and I like having happy people about.

But anyone who can go around screaming that they hate all Scots because one Scot is "racist" enough to have once expressed an anti-English opinion (which didn't even amount to hate anyway) is either trolling or too stupid to see the irony there. Or possibly both.

ETA: I kinda understand the "Anyone but England" attitude with regard to football. The English are so fucking insufferable about football that I often feel the same way. We're still drivelling on about 1966 and every time the world cup comes around I'm always relieved when we're knocked out because there's less drunkenness and shouting, people show up for work, the newspapers bother to cover other stories and everyone shuts up about how this year is going to be our year. I don't hate England, the English or indeed my own Englishness, but I do hate the relationship between England and football.

[ 08. July 2013, 09:38: Message edited by: Liopleurodon ]

Posts: 1921 | From: Lurking under the ship | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm English and I find the Scottish idea of supporting anyone but the English at football as very funny. Just the same way as I find it very funny that large numbers of people in rural Buckinghamshire pretend that Milton Keynes doesn't exist. Why it stresses people out, I really don't understand.

But then I do have a son who lives in Scotland - and has to police the buggers.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

A lot of Scots were cheering on Scotland in the 2006 World Cup.
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tennis is for wimps and small minds.

Bring on The Ashes!

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liopleurodon:
ETA: I kinda understand the "Anyone but England" attitude ...

I think it's kind of understandable because the English invented the "anyone but XYZ" attitude, where XYZ is any nation that has had a considerable amount of success against them in the past.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

My only regret is that Djokovic isn't Australian. Now that would have been sweet. [/QB]

Indeed Cheesy, one sees a perfect example here [Biased]
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
For reference, people, the Chancellor of the Exchequer is Mr Osborne (he might be 'U', but there's no 'u').

No worries. I noticed you weren't quarrelling with me about the order of shame though [Biased]

Tubbs

PS MORNING DEANO! HOW'S YOUR HEAD?! [Killing me]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
I watched every ball

And the bloke who beat Del Potro in 5 never showed up today.

Whilst I expected the terminally mean-spirited to say that Murray's win didn't really count because Nadal and Federar went home early, I never expected that someone would think that Murray only won because Djokovic threw the match. [Killing me]

Wow. I bet you're always first on the invite list for celebrations and good times ... [Disappointed] [Roll Eyes]

Tubbs

[ 08. July 2013, 11:01: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
quote:

No worries. I noticed you weren't quarrelling with me about the order of shame though [Biased]

Tubbs

I was wary about disrupting the anti-Tory circle jerk in case I got something on my clothes.
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
quote:

Tubbs

I was wary about disrupting the anti-Tory circle jerk in case I got something on my clothes.
I think your problem is that being anti-Tory is particularly easy (like it's ever very hard) when Deano is involved.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

I think your problem is that being anti-Tory is particularly easy (like it's ever very hard) when Deano is involved.
That is particularly unfair on the Tories (not, I hasten to add, that I particularly like most Tory policy).

deano may think of himself as a Tory. But, in reality he's an arsewipe. All the crap that the Tory's produce distilled into one little package of bigotry, hate, idiocy, ignorance and simple shite. Something that deserves nothing more than to be flushed down the toilet where it can rot with the rest of the filth.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

quote:
Originally posted by Liopleurodon:

But anyone who can go around screaming that they hate all Scots because one Scot is "racist" enough to have once expressed an anti-English opinion (which didn't even amount to hate anyway) is either trolling or too stupid to see the irony there. Or possibly both.

Of course they are. It's deano, innit?

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

Deano isn't like any Tory I've ever met (even drunk ones).
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Deano isn't like any Tory I've ever met (even drunk ones).

He's not unlike the ones I went to school with who are the main reason I'd never, ever, like short of gunpoint, vote for them.

Their actions in office have not disabused me of my instincts about them, I'm afraid. Somehow they appear to be managing to shaft exactly the same people that they all despised when I knew them as a lad. Which puts 'em pretty much in the category Alan defined for Deano. Deano's a caricature, to be sure, but like all caricatures he's based on a exaggeration of real features.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Tennis is for wimps and small minds.

Now that really is rude!

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
FFS leo. Let's not turn our attention from one troll in order to focus on another. [brick wall]

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016