homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Liturgical Resources help thread (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Liturgical Resources help thread
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you to the hosts for permitting this thread.

I know there is a wide experience of liturgy and worship on the ship.

Sometimes we are looking for something - a particular text, hymn, or already crafted liturgy. Sometimes google isn't helpful, or lacks discernment.

This thread is meant as a friendly and helpful one - to offer help through offering links, or suggestions, or advice.

[ 13. February 2013, 12:01: Message edited by: seasick ]

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Posts: 582 | From: Nudrug | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Percy.

Any suggestions or requests to get us started?

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some resources for liturgical music, linked to the lectionary:

Newman Hymnal ("Modern Catholic")
Corpus Christi Watershed ("Traditional Catholic")

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Those are great sites Hart. I never knew such existed.

Two requests for help, please...

A) Hymns / songs for the common worship lectionary sites? We would like to gently extend our range of hymns and think choices from other hymn or songs book could help.

B) intercessions for Eucharist on a Sunday - the prayers of the faithful. We'd like to show people examples from different places, to encourage looking out of our box, a little. Are there sites with sample intercessions?

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Percy B:

A) Hymns / songs for the common worship lectionary sites? We would like to gently extend our range of hymns and think choices from other hymn or songs book could help.

Try Oremus.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

Yes, Oremus is quite good. however I find it is very strongly relating hymns to Bible passages, rather than to themes or seasons.

What would be helpful is like some a site like some hymn books have at the back of their books - a few hymns, not too many, for each Sunday, including seasonal ones, some biblically related ones too, and some more general as suggestions.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always rather liked the CyberHymnal. It can tend to be a little more slanted toward modern (1700-present) evangelical hymnody (as opposed to ancient hymnody), but you can usually find about anything you might need there.

If you search the 'Topics' tab, you will find references to liturgical seasons and feasts.

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Basilica
Shipmate
# 16965

- Posted      Profile for Basilica   Email Basilica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone know of a (easily accessible and not too difficult) plainchant setting of the ordinary of the mass suitable for a modern language Common Worship Eucharist? I have been unable to find anything other than the Corpus Christi Watershed page mentioned above, which only gives the modern Roman translation. Does anyone know of the ICET texts set to plainchant?
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this any good?

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Basilica
Shipmate
# 16965

- Posted      Profile for Basilica   Email Basilica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angloid:
Is this any good?

Looks good. Ordered. Thanks!
Arch Anglo Catholic
Shipmate
# 15181

- Posted      Profile for Arch Anglo Catholic         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May I suggest gospelimprint.com which has a wealth of Common Worship compliant Anglican Catholic liturgy and leaflets?

The site is under the auspices of the inclusive Catholic wing of the CofE and has some excellent and readily adaptable resources.

For those terrified of anything vaguely Marian, just remove the Ave Maria at the end of the intercessions, and replace with a simple authorised conclusion.

Posts: 144 | From: Shropshire | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

B) intercessions for Eucharist on a Sunday - the prayers of the faithful. We'd like to show people examples from different places, to encourage looking out of our box, a little. Are there sites with sample intercessions?

Try this.

Also if you google 'intercessions proper 3 Year C - or similar, it usually comes up with quite few sites which you could then bookmark.

I find this throws u so many results that I don't even bother to bookmark them.

[fixed broken link]

[ 17. January 2013, 17:34: Message edited by: seasick ]

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

Thanks for that helpful link Leo. I can't find a directory for those intercessions though. The link goes to a specific Sunday but I can't work out how to navigate from it to other Sundays' intercessions.

Also my screen shows a slightly annoying A with an accent on it randomly in the text of the prayers.

I find the RC biddings are often more brief than the Anglican ones. Does anyone have a good resource website for them.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sorry - I don't have a url forthe home page.

I agree that the RC biddings are briefer - much better than those anglicans who tell God what they read in the Sunday Times.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Something to bear in mind:

A thread for sharing suggestions for links of potential use in worship planning is a good idea but it must be appreciated that this is not any kind of paid service, it simply derives from people's helpfulness. It may not, therefore, be the case that everything comes with an exact URL or without formatting errors, nor should this be expected.

Thank you.

dj_ordinaire, Eccles host

--------------------

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
sorry - I don't have a url forthe home page.

I agree that the RC biddings are briefer - much better than those anglicans who tell God what they read in the Sunday Times.

I fiddled about with the URL and found a few more, how odd it doesn't connect well, textweek is usually so good. I find it a great resource.

I will have a look out for RC biddings site. I seem to remember a US university chaplaincy site was good on them.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Morgan
Shipmate
# 15372

- Posted      Profile for Morgan   Email Morgan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thanks for that helpful link Leo. I can't find a directory for those intercessions though. The link goes to a specific Sunday but I can't work out how to navigate from it to other Sundays' intercessions.

Go to the home page for textweek.com and there is a sidebar down a little on the right where you can select a particular week. Alternatively at the top there is a search function where you can specify the week you want. Also a scripture index that you can use to find the week that uses a particular reading that is relevant to your needs.

When you get to the page for the day you want, scroll down to the Prayers, Prefaces, Litanies, etc.: subheading and there you will find a variety of prayer resources including intercessions.

Love this site.

Posts: 111 | From: Canberra | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

Going back to hymns and songs choices for Sundays I realised what I was seeking wasn't so much a general list like Oremus or Cyberhymnal provide, although they are great.

More what would help is the hymn list of churches for the coming weeks, to prompt thought on ideas for hymns. I realise local circumstances vary. It's not about wanting it done for us but more having a look and comparing, and introducing a some fresh ideas.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many of our cathedrals have their music lists on line, often including the Sunday hymns.

For example.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PercyB, try here.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
On 8th November, Three weeks before Advent began, Lutheranchic posted:

quote:
I provide content for our church's Facebook page, and I'm looking for good Advent resources I can share during the month of December. I'm looking for a mix of things for various ages and stages -- interactive Advent calendars for grownups as well as children, collections of Advent-y reflections and the like. I usually Google material like this, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any favorite resources, or even if your church publishes its own Advent resources online. Thanks!
There were some great helpful posts.

Now its 'gesima' time, the time before Lent please could I ask the same question for Lent please?

Any good online or favourite Lent resources you would recommend through experience - to help observe Lent, for our Church website / facebook or whatever?

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Something for the parish website for Lent? This is appropriately unrestful for a Ship of Fools recommendation: Lent Madness.* Each day there is a face-off between two saints of the church. Little biographies are provided and then you vote on-line. Winner passes up to the next bracket, like it's a sports tournament. The thing is, every day you learn a bit about two people whose faithfulness and sacrifices went before us. It's good fun.

*named after "March Madness," which in the US is the late-winter university basketball championship playoffs.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you're interested in an (in-print) Lenten reflections book, I'll plug The Gift of the Cross.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

That looks a little gem, Hart.

As I understand it the Roman rite allows for seasonal responsorial psalms. That is to say not a different one every week, but one or two that can be used, say, in Lent.

But where is the list?

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The St. Edmund Campion Missal & Hymnal for the Traditional Latin Mass looks very good. It has been discussed on the New Liturgical Movement blog in detail: Intro, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6 should be coming soon. If you are like me and found the music in the above video staggeringly beautiful, the Rorate Caeli blog has that music for free download.

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for that Ingo - might disagree with some of your theology, but certainly can't disagree at how beautiful that Byrd piece is - have copied it ready to be used for communion music one Sunday soon.

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

lent daily mass

Can anyone suggest a website giving the mass readings of the day in Lent, with a brief reflection on them?

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monring Percy - this offering from Creighton Ubniversity Ministry Team (Jesuit) might be helpful to you - we've used it in the past and will do so again this year:

http://onlineministries.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/Lent/index.html

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dal Segno

al Fine
# 14673

- Posted      Profile for Dal Segno     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone know a good source for descants for hymns? Googling returns nothing, something behind a pay-wall, or something dreadful.

--------------------
Yet ever and anon a trumpet sounds

Posts: 1200 | From: Pacific's triple star | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is no such source. Descants make the Baby Jesus (and the congregation) cry........

.......seriously, though - are they not included in (full) music editions of hymnbooks?

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • Take the tenor part.
  • Transpose it up an octave.
  • Make the sops sing it.
  • Make everybody else sing the tune.
  • Change the harmony a bit.

Et voilà*! Instant descant!

*Tha's gorrit

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dal Segno:
Does anyone know a good source for descants for hymns? Googling returns nothing, something behind a pay-wall, or something dreadful.

There are a few online here

Apparently there were first introduced (or reintroduced) by Athelstan Riley, who produced a book called "A Collection of Faux-Bourdons and Descants" which I guess might be hsrd to find. But there were supposedly popularised by that Very Strange Hymbook called "Songs of Praise" what I wibbled about in a previous thread here. which is still in print and quite cheap.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to see someone finally got the title of this thread correct...

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dal Segno

al Fine
# 14673

- Posted      Profile for Dal Segno     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Stephen the Stoned:
  • Take the tenor part.
  • Make the sops sing it.

I hadn't thought of that. I've been messing around with the alto's parts instead.

And no, our full-music hymnbook doesn't include descants [Frown]

Thank you.

[ 11. February 2013, 20:26: Message buggered about with by: Dal Segno ]

--------------------
Yet ever and anon a trumpet sounds

Posts: 1200 | From: Pacific's triple star | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

A request for help on Lectionaries.

I have what I consider to be a good book of devotional sermons. However it is sermons on the Gospels of the lectionary of the Book of Common Prayer 1662, the Gospel printed in the book.

Is there a table somewhere on line which can tell me when the RCL Gospel is found in BcP - of course I know not are. I had in mind a simple cross reference table rather than having to get the reference and hunt through the current C of E lectionaries.

This way I could then look up the C of E modern RCL sunday Gospel and find when it is in BCP, if it is, and so read the appropriate devotional address.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

gog
Shipmate
# 15615

- Posted      Profile for gog   Author's homepage   Email gog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another web site that might help with hymn finding

Singing the Faith

includes weekly readings (for RCL) and some other seasonal bits

Posts: 103 | From: somewhere over the border | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dal Segno:
quote:
Originally posted by St. Stephen the Stoned:
  • Take the tenor part.
  • Make the sops sing it.

I hadn't thought of that. I've been messing around with the alto's parts instead.

And no, our full-music hymnbook doesn't include descants [Frown]

Thank you.

<small>[ 11. February 2013, 20:26: Message buggered about with by: Dal Segno ]</small>

The tenor parts from 18th century music (and earlier) usually work with minimal tweaking.

Victorian stuff not so much, it varies. And make sure it's the tenor vocal line, not the upper line of the bass clef of the accompaniment, if there's a difference.

And modern stuff is usually meant to be sung in unison and probably doesn't have a usable tenor line.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

There are many versions of the stations of the cross. Some I find too heavy or dense.

I have been asked to lead in two weeks time.

The stations we have are the traditional ones.

About 7 or 8 will attend, I guess. Time limited to 25 mins.

Anyone suggest a good online offering which you have found good?

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

I'm a big fan of "Everyone's Way of the Cross." You'd have to buy a copy, but it's very cheap and two weeks is plenty of time to get it. I'll also mention, You Have Redeemed the World, stations in my Holy Cross tradition. Not sure if it's available in the UK, though.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There are many versions of the stations of the cross. Some I find too heavy or dense.

I have been asked to lead in two weeks time.

The stations we have are the traditional ones.

About 7 or 8 will attend, I guess. Time limited to 25 mins.

Anyone suggest a good online offering which you have found good?

This one's very close to what we use. It uses scriptural texts for the short meditations, so they don't get smarmy or saccharine like some versions.
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
Time limited to 25 mins.

You are practically going to have to run round - less than 2 minutes per station?

I am leading an ecumenical stations during Holy Week - 30-40 minutes and some, e.g. baptists, won't have been to Stations before, so i am going to do a 'sample' of 5 stations.

--------------------

Fr Weber
Shipmate
# 13472

- Posted      Profile for Fr Weber   Email Fr Weber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've been using an Anglo-Catholic adaptation of the Liguori Stations. I don't much care for it--the Act of Contrition isn't the one I'm used to, and the meditations have a kind of florid morbidity (or morbid floridity?) which seems to come out of a certain Mediterranean spirituality. Not necessarily wrong, but so not my thing.

I have resolved to find a different version for next year, and so these suggestions are welcome.

--------------------
"The Eucharist is not a play, and you're not Jesus."

--Sr Theresa Koernke, IHM

Posts: 2512 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:
Time limited to 25 mins.

You are practically going to have to run round - less than 2 minutes per station?

I am leading an ecumenical stations during Holy Week - 30-40 minutes and some, e.g. baptists, won't have been to Stations before, so i am going to do a 'sample' of 5 stations.

Yes it is a brisk devotion, unlike the one you are doing, Leo. But that's the beauty of this devotion isn't it it can be done in many different ways.

I will aim at not too many words, and silent walk from station to station... Remember there will just be about half a dozen of us.

It's therefore a simple but provoking version I am looking for and I appreciate the help so far.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

A friend has asked if she could help for Good Friday.

In her church it has come down to the church wardens to provide a act of worship so it would be a service of word. Smallish congregation, to be lay lead.

Has anyone an off the peg service they could point me to online which they would recommend. It's A Church of England place by the way.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

Do you have access to the 'Lent, Holy Week and Easter' book? Contains several 'mix and match' options suitable for the Sacred Triduum. Failing that, are there any particular provisions in Common Worship: Daily Prayer?

--------------------

Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

I looked at Lent Holy Week and Easter, and did not see a simple service o the word there. Thanks for the suggestion though. What was offered seemed quite prescribed. Long passion readings and prayers like they give are not quite what they would be at ease with, not least because of inexperience in leading. They have been landed a not so easy situation.

CW daily prayer I thought was too complicated for a not very liturgically aware congregation. That's why I was interested to know if the experience of any here could help.

One thing they are looking for in the service is a simple reflection in place of the sermon which a member of the laity could read out. For me that is one of the more difficult parts of the request! It's such a difficult day for a simple devotion.

I have already suggested quietness and silence would be a good part of what they do, as well as some simple hymns.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have adapted this in the past and will probably recycle it again this year. I used recorded music in place of the anthems.

To make it compliant with CofE service of the word you need to add the collect and the Lord's prayer

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

Thank you so much for that suggestion RosaG.. very helpful indeed.

Now I have another request for help.

We are prodicing a guide to the Eucharist (Common Worship). It will have the text of the service on the right hand side (recto) and opposite on the left (verso) a commentary and aids to devotion.

It is not meant to be used at the service itself, but more as a prayer / study guide for worshipers to look at / read / take home. We hope it will encourage deeper devotion and participation.

We don't want to reinvent the wheel!

We are sure others have done something similar, and in fact we have a very good example from St Martins in the Fields, London.

We would love to see other examples, for inspiration. If you can point to one on line or are willing to e mail one that would be fantastic!

Of course as many of the texts are shared with other denominations it does not have to be Anglican.

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

Here is a useful leaflet explaining the ad orientem - eastward position.

Not saying I agree with it, just offering it as a possibly helpful resource.
[Smile]

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to be so late with this, but:

Descants : a very good book of these was published by ALAN GREY - you may be able to find it via the RSCM.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016