homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Calling the Nashville Mafia

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Calling the Nashville Mafia
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone interested in a shipmeet? It has been way too long since our last one.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good by me.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sure thing. When?

Saturdays are a bit dicey for me, so about anything earlier in the week will work, I think.

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have any standing commitments so any week night works for me. I'll leave it to yall to pick a day since you're far more likely to have a standing conflict than I am.

Has anyone tried Soulshine Pizza on Division? I'd like to have an excuse to try it.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't even HEARD of Soulshine Pizza. My May, June and July were absolutely crazy busy, but I'm free as a bird now. I say we let our traveling guests pick a night or two that's good for them, and we can see which works the best for the rest of us.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

I think Sine Nomine has a standing Friday night commitment.

Barefoot Friar, pick a night between Monday and Thursday. Thursday nights have the added bonus for a few weeks of a free indie-rock concert series downtown called Live On The Green if you wanted to make it an overnight trip.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alrighty then. How about........

Monday the 19th? Has the benefit of a) most restaurants get a fresh shipment on Monday, so the food's generally better, and b) generally fewer people eat out early in the week, so it will (hopefully) be quieter and therefore easier to carry on conversation.

Alternates are about any night within that week or the week after.

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

Fine by me.

Any objections to Soulshine Pizza? Another place I've been wanting to try is M.L. Rose on Charlotte. Craft beers and burgers.

http://nashville.soulshinepizza.com/
http://www.ml-rose.com/

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am actually flying back in from Dallas on the 19th and won't land until 5:05. My husband might not be too keen on me taking off for dinner that evening. Could we make it Tuesday the 20th?

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

The 20th is OK with me.

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

Either place is fine with me, by the way.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

How is 6:30pm on the 20th at M.L. Rose on Charlotte for everyone?

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

Aye.

I may bring Circuit Rider. Or I may not. [Devil]

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

Sounds good to me.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

Early weekend bump.

Tortuf? Sine Nomine? Anyone else?

Tuesday at M.L. Rose on Charlotte and 45th, 6:30p.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Be there or be square. You have no idea how scintillating conversation is with everyone else but me.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

I hate to do this....

It's looking like I cannot come on Tuesday. A couple of small things have conspired together and it's just not going to work out. I am very sorry, and I am very disappointed.

Perhaps next time.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Be there or be square.

quote:
Originally posted by Barefoot Friar:
I hate to do this....

Looks like Tortuf just called you square.

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

When could you come, B.F.? I'm happy to postpone until you can be there.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

Thursday and Friday of this week are no good for me. I could do tomorrow or any night next week if we want to move the date.

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

Same here.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

I'm open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week, and the week after that, and the week after that.

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

Well, if B.F. can come next week (or the next), maybe we should just move our date back a week or so. I am also free most of those nights.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

How about a 1-week shift to next Tuesday, the 27th? Same location and time.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

I'm good with that.

I do not wish to be an imposition, though.

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

Sounds good to me, and I think that will be fine with Tortuf, too.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

I spoke with Tortuf. He said we're all a bunch of squares and he's going without us. [Big Grin]

Nah...next Tuesday is fine with him too.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by monkeylizard:
I spoke with Tortuf. He said we're all a bunch of squares and he's going without us.

Hey, it's hip to be a square.

And thanks for swapping weeks. Your kindness shall never be forgotten.

[ 21. August 2013, 00:49: Message edited by: Barefoot Friar ]

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

We still on for tomorrow?

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

I'm good to go.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

Me too.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

I'm here.

I had forgotten St Mary's Bookstore closed at five; I got there at 5:01. Ah, well.

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

It was fun. Let's not wait almost a whole year before we do another one.

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016