homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » EfM (Education for Ministry)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: EfM (Education for Ministry)
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Once upon a time, many years ago, there was a thread here on All Saints dedicated to the Education for Ministry program, or EfM, as it's commonly known.
For information about what EfM is, go to Sewanee's website.
I am in my second year of mentoring, and because of various scheduling conflicts, I haven't had my second round of training (I will be going on Oct. 20-22) yet. I am thoroughly baffled by the early weeks of the new program, especially Week Two. (we just started last week)
In looking over the material posted online, it looks like our Week Two session will last about 15 or 20 minutes, not counting our praying and checking in. I thought I'd be clever and throw a Theological Reflection in there, but then I see that TR isn't done until Unit Two (which is different from Week Two).
Oh, help and bother.
Any experienced mentors out there with some suggestions? We haven't received the textbooks yet - my participants were slow out of the gate with getting registration taken care of.
I'm hoping the texts arrive today or tomorrow, so that we have something to play with and talk about!
- Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016