homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » δy/δx (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  35  36  37 

Source: (consider it) Thread: δy/δx
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One thing I like about the Ship is that I get to hang with people who know big words.

ETA: and they get to hang with people who post like this. [Razz]

[ 05. November 2012, 19:13: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hang Gliding is undoubtedly on the list of 101 things to do before you die. But knowing me, I'd probably die in the process. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knowing me, knowing you, AHAAAH!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of our choral warm-ups uses the diaphragm muscles to expel air forcefully on 'Hah Hah Hah'.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had muscles, discernible ones, back in the 1980s when I was a bit of a gym rat - I never got as far as being a Muscle Mary.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Muscle Mary sounds to me as if it ought to be either (a) a very potent vodka-based drink; or (b) a very potent lavatory cleaner.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many Hindus here have told me about visiting Sabarimala, a shrine in the mountains near here, they say Lord Ayyappa is a very potent deity.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When Deuteronomy states coyly in Ch 34 that Moses' vigour was unimpaired when he died at 120 it means that his lingam was still potent.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A man among men would generally like to die with his boots on. Having it known by posterity would be a plus.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I bought cheap radio in Boots once. I listen to The Archers on it.

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a Sagittarius. Sign of the Archer.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a crab. Mind my pincers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Although good tools are readily available over here I am yet to find a pair of pincers.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There were a lot of clouds overhead this morning. Some sprinkles fell on the car as I went to w*rk.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The church where I w*rk serves as a polling place so there's lots of traffic in and out of the building today.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Building today based entirely on the experiences of yesterday is of no kindness to tomorrow.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is every aphorism matched by a counter-aphorism?

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I'm always amazed by a true countertenor who has a baritone speaking voice. It just seems wrong. When he sings, I keep looking around for the diva with the mike.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My hairdresser is married to a man named Mike. It's one of those names you can't help thinking about the alternative meaning - like John, Willy and Nicholas.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I am so glad I took advantage of the alternative to voting today. Daughter-Unit and her hubby have been in line for over five hours today. I voted last Tuesday and left the building thirty-five minutes after walking in.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't been entitled to vote since we left Northern Ireland; and voting there was a waste of time because (a) the parties were too small to make any difference to the national government and (b) most of the politicians were either terrorists or nutters.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Politicians as nutters seems to be theme in recent decades - when is Medication Time in the House of Commons?

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I think Donald Trump has finally passed the last frontier of sanity. His tweets on the subject of Obama's win are rather scarily hysterical. Did he scream about the injustice of the Electoral College when Bush won?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I haven't been properly hysterical for years, perhaps I should give a go again, just for fun.

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

On the wireless Wilfred Pickles got the people singing "Have a go, Joe"

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I still haven't made the pickled onions I was going to have a go at the other week.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't really like onions. We never had them growing up - just the dried flakes. Other houses always smelled differently and I never knew way. It was the onions. I should eat more onions. They are good for the lungs and my lungs are not good. Maybe I should go buy some onions. See ya.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Some people are very smelly, aren't they? I don't mean that stinky, I mean they smell everything - Himself is like that - there is a word for it but I don't recall what it is.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I recall so many wonderful things in my life. It's a good practice to remember such things when current circumstances start to get me down.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I haven't played Pooh-Sticks for years - perhaps I need to teach the kids here how to play - I love when the current takes the sticks and whirls it round.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

I had a lovely currant bun with my tea this afternoon.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I could drink regular tea instead of the decaf. kind. It just doesn't taste right.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

I got a free pot of tea in Exeter, as I had enough points on my Costa Card.

--------------------

St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sam Costa. Remember him?

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

We remembered to use our beautiful Kosta Boda bowl for Jude's party last weekend.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Hey Jude" is a song I will always associate with my senior year in college ( university). It was constantly playing on the jukebox in the student union bar or blaring out someone's dorm room window.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We theologs were often (somewhat) politely asked to leave the graduate student lounge pub, for sitting around for hours with a single pitcher of beer shared by 6 or 8 of us while the engineering students at surrounding tables drank about a pitcher each every hour.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Graduate was a rather entertaining film with Dustin Hoffmann and a wonderful soundtrack.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I don't understand baseball - why do they call the person with the ball the pitcher when he is clearly really the bowler, even if his action is not quite per the laws of cricket?

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I tried to find a bowler hat for Halloween, but was too late. I obviously was out-gunned by the Clockwork Orange brigade.

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

I was flooded in in Rockhampton for a few days at the end of 1973. At least the drive-in was still open to let me see A Clockwork Orange.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

1973 was the year my second car was built. It was a Ford Escort I bought from my next door neighbour.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My memories of President Ford are that he was a very forgettable president.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember the jubilation in my nuns' convent - who ran the prep school I attended - when J.F. Kennedy was elected as the first ever RC President of the United States.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I haven't heard much about Nigel Kennedy in recent years, I presume he is still plying his trade around the world.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Nigel's dress sense has always left something to be desired. Now that he's getting on a bit, what was a certain attractive disorder becomes offputtingly louche*

* disreputable

--------------------

TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember when Lyndon LaLouche was a constantly unsuccessful candidate for President of the USA. Oh, wait, that's LaRouche. I suppose I am now considered louche.

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Flyffye LaLouche sounds as if she might have a rather different profession than that of the President of the United States.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Surely you are not thinking of the exotic dancer involved in the infamous Congressman Wilbur Mills' Tidal Basin midnight swim scandal back in the 70s? I believe her name was Fanne Foxe.

[ 08. November 2012, 21:06: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

I've had four cars that were built in the 70s. A 1971 Hillman Avenger, a 1973 Ford Escort, a 1976 Austin Maxi and a 1978 Renault 14

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  35  36  37 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016