homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Daft conspiracy theories (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Daft conspiracy theories
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Way back in the mists of time, there used to be an Urban Myths board. I went to look to see if I could drag up some of the ones people were talking about back then. I didn't find much, but this Procter and Gamble one turned up.

I never get tired of that one. High-five to Amway for keeping it afloat.
Note that the article doesn't say what P&G did with the damages ...

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Way back in the mists of time, there used to be an Urban Myths board. I went to look to see if I could drag up some of the ones people were talking about back then. I didn't find much, but this Procter and Gamble one turned up.

I never get tired of that one. High-five to Amway for keeping it afloat.
Note that the article doesn't say what P&G did with the damages ...
I believe a lot of the money went towards unveiling their new logo.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No one has mentioned JFK?

Who was behind killing Kennedy?
a. Oswald
b. Oswald plus a few others yet to be named
c. Communists
d. The Mafia
e. Texans who hated JFK and wanted LBJ to become president.
f. LBJ himself
g. Jackie, because she was fed up with her husband's cheating with Marilyn Monroe.
h. The Ku Klux Klan (they hate Catholics)
i. None of the above
j. Insert your own theory here.

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NASA because he had found out about the Moon hoax and was going to cut their funding?
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChaliceGirl:
Who was behind killing Kennedy?

Aha! So you have bought into the story that JFK was killed! They have you completely bamboozled!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Insert your own theory here
-British intelligence, because they feared the ramifications of an Irishman being the most powerful person in the world. (I think I more of less made that up)

-the Vatican, because Kennedy had promised to uphold the First Amendment rather than promote Catholicism(that one actually has considerable currency in fundamentalist circles)

On the whole though, I subscribe to the statement of the left-wing writer Alexander Cockburn, who said that Oswald was a leftist who killed Kennedy for left-wing political reasons, and that it was one of the rare cases in which a political assassination had the results intended by the assassin, ie. Johnson actually put the kibosh on some of Kennedy's imperialistic excesses in Latin America, the area that Oswald was most outraged about.

[ 04. October 2013, 00:20: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
-British intelligence, because they feared the ramifications of an Irishman being the most powerful person in the world. (I think I more of less made that up)

-the Vatican, because Kennedy had promised to uphold the First Amendment rather than promote Catholicism(that one actually has considerable currency in fundamentalist circles)

These two go together. Head of MI5 at the time, Roger Hollis, was the brother of Christopher Hollis, RC convert, and uncle of Crispian Hollis, now RC Bishop Emeritus of Portsmouth. Make of that what you will.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My faith in conspiracy theorists is restored. With the technical crash-and-burn of the Affordable Care Act's computer registration system, I felt sure that somebody would suggest this:

It was sabotaged by the Tea Party!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Craziest conspiracy candidate: that Diana, Princess of Wales, was murdered, possibly at the behest of Prince Philip.

Why stupid?

Well: the fact that Dodi Fayed was engaged to someone else at the time of the accident would have made his affair with Diana (if such it was) yet another instance of that sad, unhappy woman forming an attachment with a man already promised or married to someone else. Look at her previous history in this regard (Will Carling, Magdi Yacoub, Haznat Khan, etc, etc).

All the royal family needed to do was sit back and wait for her to either self-destruct (very likely) or for even her die-hard 'fans' to become tired of her endless entanglements with unsuitable men...

I've always thought that if they DID want to do away with her, all they would have needed to do is arrange an "accidental overdose". Everyone would have believed that.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prince George was born by surrogate, Kate wore a false bump to pretend she was pregnant.

I have no idea why anyone thinks that would be even remotely feasible.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen this one too North East Quine. It's being openly promoted in at least one of the royal gossip sites. Another of these sites appears to support it but doesn't allow any discussion. So the allegation seems to be made repeatedly and just left there undisputed.

For this to work it would involve hundreds, possibly thousands, of people in a massive deception and some of them in criminal activity, including Prince William who have made a false declaration when registering the birth. 'Evidence' for this theory includes the photographs published for Prince George's christening - some people are claiming that he looks 4 months rather than 3 months which means, according to them, that the 'surrogate' delivered early. The fact that he was seen at one day old, and very clearly newborn, being taken home from hospital doesn't stop these idiots.

Along the same lines, and from the same sources, comes the theory that the Duchess of Cambridge is actually older than her given age - estimates vary between 5 and 10 years. Evidence to the contrary will include birth registration and baptism certificate along with numerous photographs which can be clearly dated. The idea behind this theory seems to rely on a plot conceived by the family of the Duchess before she was born with the ultimate aim of establishing her family at the top. Like the Boleyns, only worse.

[ 27. October 2013, 13:59: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The UK foot and mouth outbreak of 2000 was started deliberately to remove livestock farmers from the countryside .

Wasn't it disclosed that the government had stockpiled railway sleepers in advance ,( used to incinerate slaughtered animals) ?

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
quote:
quote:

These two go together. Head of MI5 at the time, Roger Hollis, was the brother of Christopher Hollis, RC convert, and uncle of Crispian Hollis, now RC Bishop Emeritus of Portsmouth. Make of that what you will.
An alternative reality version of himself was arrested a few years later because of tax fraud. Lister, The Cat and Kryten went to him and via a time link thing took him behind the grassy knoll, where he shot himself, knowing that he would go down well in history, instead of the tax fraud infamy he awaited.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Prince George was born by surrogate, Kate wore a false bump to pretend she was pregnant.

Aside from all the other reasonable objections, didn't Kate spend time in the hospital early in her pregnancy because of extreme morning-sickness?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

- Posted      Profile for Francophile   Email Francophile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:

Aside from all the other reasonable objections, didn't Kate spend time in the hospital early in her pregnancy because of extreme morning-sickness?

Moo

I suppose the answer to that is that she was in hospital but not suffering from morning sickness. I mean, did anyone actualy SEE her nauseated/throwing up while she was in hospital? Maybe those Australian radio pranksters know the real truth.......
Posts: 243 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are still followers of William "Bill Cooper," the alleged former Naval Intelligence officer turned UPO kookoo, around. One was telling me how NASA had secret farms on the Moon. Our discussion went as follows:

ME: John, how can there be farms on the Moon when there's no air there?

JOHN: How do you know there's no atmosphere there?

ME: People have been to the Moon.

JOHN: And you believe everything the Government says?

BTW: John works for the federal government. In the Department of Agriculture.

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Francophile:
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:

Moo

I suppose the answer to that is that she was in hospital but not suffering from morning sickness. I mean, did anyone actualy SEE her nauseated/throwing up while she was in hospital? Maybe those Australian radio pranksters know the real truth.......
And, that nurse who died - she 'knew too much' and was bumped off by the freemasons. We all saw that masonic design on the belt buckle of the nurse who was with Liz when she left hospital. Proof.

[ 28. October 2013, 02:02: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016