homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Brown Waters (Whiskey, Whisky and Brandy) (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Brown Waters (Whiskey, Whisky and Brandy)
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I drink Irish more than any other (neat, anyway), and my go-to is Killbeggan, when I can't afford Jameson 1781 (which is most of the time). I have yet to spring for any of the Irish single malts, so I'm very curious about them.

For Scotch I like The Dalmore 12 year old. If I have a windfall, I plan to try the 18 year old. I would just as soon suck on a chunk of charred peat as drink Laphroaig (it would taste about the same).

For bourbon, I lean toward Booker's, though the Evan Williams single barrel is definitely the best value out there.

For mixed drinks I prefer rye (George Dickel), because it's not so sweet. Aged rum can be tasty too, but I'm just beginning to study it. Bacardi Anejo is good, and there's one from Nicaragua that I like, but can't remember the name of.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016