homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Sensitive topics?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Sensitive topics?
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love how the Ship has a generally light-hearted, not-too-serious tone at times. We can laugh at ourselves, but are there things you are particularly sensitive about? Things that, while most other things are fine, you really don't like being picked on about?

For me, it's my driving. I'm not a good driver and will only do it if I absolutely have to. I don't mind when my husband or some of my longtime friends mentions something, but I got really annoyed when someone mentioned it in front of a group of our friends and suggested that my driving instruction "didn't work". She says shit like this about everyone, but there are some people who are so critical about everything that I will *not* drive in the car with if I don't have to. I'll take criticism or jokes lightly about everything else but that. I don't know why.

My husband is also a self-depricating type, but "mama jokes" (not just about his!) bother him because of some family issues. My friend doesn't mind when I joke about anti-depressants because I take them too, but she doesn't want anyone else to know because of how she thinks they'll comment.

Do you have any particularly sensitive issues? You might kid about anything else, but some topics really bother you?

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I bitched about this on TICTH once, I hate, hate, hate when someone repeated a one-liner of mine right in front of me without giving me a nod. Even a secret wink would do it.

It's kind of mollified when the person in question actually laughs at the joke in the first place, but is particularly galling when the person sniffs at the joke, comment, whatever as if it was the dumbest thing ever said, then trot it out at a dinner party, or whatever. If I'm too much of a loser to appreciate, then I am too much of a loser to poach from, right?

My ex husband was the absolute king of pissing on my jokes in private and then trotting them out for company, and I had a Facebook friend who used to only--ONLY-- ever comment on anything I posted if there was a mistake to point out or a fight to pick, but went through this phase of lifting entire lines of commentary I had written and planting them in their status updates. Pitiful. Luckily it was only temporary weirdness-- a couple years, say-- but I always wanted to ask, "Clearly you think I am brilliant, so why is it when you actually talk to me you do so as if I were the village idiot?"

But obviously these are actions that should inspire pity rather than wrath, and the amount it annoys me suggests narcissistic preoccupation I need work on. [Big Grin]

[ 24. October 2013, 20:22: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
My ex husband was the absolute king of pissing on my jokes in private and then trotting them out for company...

Kelly, I didn't realize you and I had both been married to the same creep. As soon as I read your first paragraph he immediately came to mind (unfortunately).

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Disappointed] Pathetic. I mean, when does pride kick in?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I find myself not very happy when those who know that noises such as fans, dishwashers or the rumble of many conversations around us, tell me that I'm not listening or paying attention. I cannot hear properly and, if close friends or if family, they know I've had the hearing testing that proves it. I have started to pre-emptively say that I am unable to hear above the background noise.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Try
Shipmate
# 4951

- Posted      Profile for Try   Email Try   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Teasing about the fact that I'm have any steryotypically nerdy or gay trait, even in good fun, is sure to hit my beserk button. It brings me back to Jr. High, which was an absolutely miserable period of my life.

--------------------
“I’m so glad to be a translator in the 20th century. They only burn Bibles now, not the translators!” - the Rev. Dr. Bruce M. Metzger

Posts: 852 | From: Beautiful Ohio, in dreams again I see... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

- Posted      Profile for Amorya   Email Amorya   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect this is true for many people, but I can't stand it when someone implies I shouldn't have attempted something, or I should have known it's too difficult. If I've failed at something, the only appropriate response is "That sucks, I hope you do better next time".
Posts: 2383 | From: Coventry | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm extremely hard of hearing, and it irritates me beyond belief when people do not take my-sometimes-not-so-gentle hints to speak up, or look at me when they are talking. Or assume that, if I have a hearing aid in my right ear, it is OK to shout in my left. That doesn't work well either, since I have only sound distinction in my left. Or ignore a proffered notebook in which to write their part of the conversation. That being said, my close friends and family can say anything they want, and it doesn't bother me. Anyone else will get the rough side of my tongue.

I hate noisy environments and only go when not to go would be more impolite.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I'm extremely hard of hearing, and it irritates me beyond belief when people do not take my-sometimes-not-so-gentle hints to speak up, or look at me when they are talking. Or assume that, if I have a hearing aid in my right ear, it is OK to shout in my left. That doesn't work well either, since I have only sound distinction in my left. Or ignore a proffered notebook in which to write their part of the conversation. That being said, my close friends and family can say anything they want, and it doesn't bother me. Anyone else will get the rough side of my tongue.

I hate noisy environments and only go when not to go would be more impolite.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Did I mention ditto?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
My ex husband was the absolute king of pissing on my jokes in private and then trotting them out for company...

Kelly, I didn't realize you and I had both been married to the same creep.
...and I dated him. And what's more, he didn't even repeat them *well*. [Smile]

[ 25. October 2013, 00:26: Message edited by: Beautiful Dreamer ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't tolerate racist/sexist/classist/homophobic talk, even if supposedly in jest; and jokes about sexual abuse, particularly of children, turn me into a pea-soup spewing psycho bitch.

otherwise, I'm pretty much game for anything. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not entirely sure that a thread about what really annoys or upsets us is very Heavenly!

Anyway, I hate it when people (Usually men...) make jokes about women with beards or facial hair.
I've even heard it from the front of church.

Those of us women who have a common hormone imbalance (PCOS) frequently have to spend a lot of time and effort to meet your expectations of women's faces being free of hair. It is horrible. It undermines your sense of attractiveness, femininity and self-esteem. It damages your skin. It makes you envy those women who wake up every morning with a smooth face. I very much hope my daughter has not inherited this particular set of genes.

So yeah, you can go stick your jokes about bearded women, I'm not laughing and I doubt the many other women affected by this are either.

[ 25. October 2013, 06:32: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

Comet that bugs me too.
Actually, the spewing pea soup might be a *good* thing, since the soup would be made from the brains of the people
who make those comments. Assuming they're even *that* big, that is.

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am dypraxic and my handwriting is appalling. Most of the time I will joke with poeple first and say you won't be able to read it. BUT if my OH or anybody who knows me comments about my writing I get very upset..
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zacchaeus:
I am dypraxic and my handwriting is appalling. Most of the time I will joke with poeple first and say you won't be able to read it. BUT if my OH or anybody who knows me comments about my writing I get very upset..

Oddly, I'm the opposite. I am happy for people who know me well and know I have Aspergers to joke around with me about, say, my taking things literally, or my lack of reading between the lines. I enjoy laughing at myself. But if someone who doesn't know me or know I have Aspergers comments on it, then I get upset. But then it depends how they do it - people who don't know me can be quite hostile or sneering about it, assuming that I'm either stupid or being deliberately dense, whereas those who know me are joking in a friendly way. I guess I'm more sensitive about intent than topic. And I hate being misinterpreted.
Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fineline:
quote:

Oddly, I'm the opposite. I am happy for people who know me well and know I have Aspergers to joke around with me about, say, my taking things literally, or my lack of reading between the lines. I enjoy laughing at myself. But if someone who doesn't know me or know I have Aspergers comments on it, then I get upset. But then it depends how they do it - people who don't know me can be quite hostile or sneering about it, assuming that I'm either stupid or being deliberately dense, whereas those who know me are joking in a friendly way. I guess I'm more sensitive about intent than topic. And I hate being misinterpreted.
It is not when they tease - sometimes OH and others will get impatient with things like my shopping lists..
kaytee
Shipmate
# 3482

- Posted      Profile for kaytee   Email kaytee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't like fat jokes, or other jokes about people's physical appearance. I never understand how people can seem to laugh along with those types of comments, when they're basically just being insulted.

Also jokes about eating disorders. People seemed to find it hilarious when it emerged that (UK politician) John Prescott was bulimic. To me, that is not funny, just very distressing.

--------------------
'Lying is a vital survival skill – and a terrible habit.' ~ The Doctor

Posts: 152 | From: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Casual anti-semitism really winds me up: I can't stand it and will always plunge in to challenge it. Possibly to do with having Jewish cousins, and also because I have friends who lost most of their family in the camps.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It is not when they tease - sometimes OH and others will get impatient with things like my shopping lists..

Ah yes, I know what you mean. I find it hard when people are impatient with me for things I can't help - it makes me feel somehow as if I'm inferior to other people.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't mind me. I'm just taking notes on how to wind y'all up on the off chance that any of you decide to argue against me on a Hell thread... [Devil]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am over sensitive to criticism full stop.

I don't show it and laugh it off etc, but bother myself about it when I get home [Roll Eyes] Eventually, after having a long conversation with myself, I work out if the criticism is warranted or not and either ignore it or do something about it.

But at the time I curl up and die inside [Roll Eyes] [Disappointed]

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't y'all worry that a thread saying my buttons are here, here and here might leave you a tad vulnerable in cyberspace ?

Maybe I am just paranoid [Ultra confused]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thread count.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not worried about people knowing my hot button issue, because it is evident from things I have posted. I am sensitive to terms that denigrate people with intellectually disabilities, which I consider every bit as offensive as terms used about skin colour and homophobia. I am also sensitive about sexual assault and violence in general, which are less dependent on specific word choices.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

And as my hot button is my handwriting, I don't think cyberspace matters...
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Thread count.

Never mind the quality, feel the width?

I'm with the Whatever you say, say nothing: faction.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Don't mind me. I'm just taking notes on how to wind y'all up on the off chance that any of you decide to argue against me on a Hell thread... [Devil]

Bring It On, Alien boy. [Devil]

I enjoy a good excuse to release the screaming monster. It's so therapeutic!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Age jokes, and remarks. I am fine with us silver haired lot laughing among and about ourselves, but young people making fun of my older generation gets me upset. I also do not like people who call me dear, honey and sweetie. I am not a child. [Mad]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:

Notice how many of us are being vewwy, vewwy quiet.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Don't y'all worry that a thread saying my buttons are here, here and here might leave you a tad vulnerable in cyberspace ?

Maybe I am just paranoid [Ultra confused]

Meh, I have been button-pushed by the best. None of y'all can top my family. And I get bored with choosing safety over authenticity.

On that note- noise sensitivity. Plastic carrier bags cracking balloons popping, slammed doors, all send me to the roof. SO all that [insert non-Heavenly term here] Marv needs to do is stand behind me and stomp really hard every once in a while. or keep shouting my name in a harsh tone every fifteen minutes or so.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't stand mother-in-law jokes. My MiL was so special – and I try to be a good example too. If my children love someone, then I shall do my best to love them, though daughter-in-law is much easier than son-in-law.
The Grandad doesn't try so hard, though.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Age jokes, and remarks. I am fine with us silver haired lot laughing among and about ourselves, but young people making fun of my older generation gets me upset.

Fear not - they will get their turn at being old (if they are lucky!). Which is exactly what I say to any youngsters making ageist remarks.

[Smile]

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:

That was actually my first thought, but I'm pretty sure people can figure it out regardless because they see how people react to different topics. This is just a thread where people express their own self-awareness of what the people they interact with will no doubt already know.
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Casual anti-semitism really winds me up: I can't stand it and will always plunge in to challenge it. Possibly to do with having Jewish cousins, and also because I have friends who lost most of their family in the camps.

That's my hot button as well, stemming from attending a private high school with lots of Jewish students. The closest I have ever been to slugging someone (no exaggeration, it took some real effort to fight off blind rage) was a guy I worked with one winter who didn't know why I had tried to go out of my way to help a man who was, in the co-workers opinion, "acting like such a Jew," whatever that meant.

One of the oddest moments I have ever experienced was at a driver's education class I took at the local public school, when a group of guys approached me, pointed at their friend, and said "this guy hates Jews." I don't know if they thought I was Jewish or what (hard mistake to make as I have very blond hair), but I just figured they assumed something because of my school, and got the hell out of there.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Teasing me about my voice shaking or stuttering, occasionally. Or, when I mispronounce a word. That's a REALLY big deal in my immediate family. We were raised to sneer disdainfully at friends or relatives who misspelled words or mispronounce them but sometimes I do mispronounce something and there's a family member, eager to scream with laughter at my blundering idiocy. [Mad]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

quote:

My handwriting has always been awful too. I never did that "girly-girl" print that of us saw in junior high.

I once had a teacher ask, "can you write better?" when I asked to go to the bathroom. No lie.

Sometimes I make fun of it the same way you do, but other times it gets on my nerves. A lot depends on who it is that made the comment, though. There are just some people who can bother us doing things that would be fine coming from anyone else. Odd, that.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

My brethren. I have huge handwriting shame. I hate in-class essay exams. I just yesterday offerer to stay after class to read sections of an exam aloud if need be. She said she would give it a crack and get back to me. I was mortified by the look of doomed resignation on her face.

Area of sensitivity-- when I am at an event/ in a situation that is supposed to be community-oriented or team building, and I sees someone being shoved to the periphery. Including me, but it doesn't have to be me.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In general, I like to think I don't have sensitive topics. Which can't really be true, of course.

This is not so much a sensitive topic as a pet peeve, I think, that I've noticed from time to time and have noticed again recently. It's when I make a mistake, whether due to forgetfulness, a brain fart, or just fumbling something, and someone responds by explaining the whole thing to me as if the reason I made the mistake was lack of understanding or knowledge. Sometimes my abilities are just limited. Knowing something, or about something, doesn't render me, or anyone else, perfect re: that something.

I can't give a very concrete example at the moment, but recently it came up when I simply forgot to do something at work (filling in on a weekday, and I'm normally not there on weekdays, so I'm not used to their rhythm) and a coworker not only pointed it out and told me to do it (yes, told me to do it, as if he were my boss), he also explained why it needed to be done. All via email copied to several parties, of course. I should be able to let that slide right off me, but for some reason, that added bit of explaining things really tries my patience. In this instance, because my mood was unstable, I lost it completely. [Disappointed]

Maybe it's because I've always tended to catch on to the ideas behind things pretty easily, and so having them explained to me becomes tedious. Maybe I hate when people assume I'm ignorant. Maybe both, maybe something else I can't put my finger on. The fact that it's condescending and patronizing? I don't know. But that's a huge pet peeve of mine.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, yeah. That, too.

--------------------

que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

- Posted      Profile for que sais-je   Email que sais-je   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful Dreamer:

For me, it's my driving. I'm not a good driver

Nor me. I've never had an accident but I always end up in the wrong lane at roundabouts etc. My wife tries to point it out as tactfully as possible but I get cross because she's had several minor accidents despite always knowing what lane she should be in!

Sometimes I pretend it is the lane I wanted to be in and we end up somewhere unexpected.

Which I quite enjoy.

And my wife has learned to put up with.

--------------------
"controversies, disputes, and argumentations, both in philosophy and in divinity, if they meet with discreet and peaceable natures, do not infringe the laws of charity" (Thomas Browne)

Posts: 794 | From: here or there | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016