homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Daily exposure to nature: effects on you? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Daily exposure to nature: effects on you?
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My daily exposure to nature at this time of year is something I could do without.

Every year shrews will do their best to come into the house from the garden - and once in they get into small spaces between the walls and jump about wearing hobnailed boots.

I've tried everything from humane traps to sonic rodent repellers: the latter are supposed to broadcast on a frequency only the rodents can hear but I am aware of a background eldritch screeching which sets the teeth on edge. The shrews, of course, are immune to such frippery.

So, its back to making sure that only windows without an outer ledge are opened, making sure the door to the garden is never left ajar and then praying that lack of food will drive them out, ether back to the garden from whence they came or to enjoy the delights of my next-door neighbour's property which boasts a crisp-eating (and therefore crumb-dropping) 9 year old. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016