homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » This is a great place. Seriously. (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: This is a great place. Seriously.
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
If anyone's interested, you can see some of the early discussions archived here. I found my first post, and maybe I did pay after all, though I don't remember doing so, as it mentions my registration having just kicked in.

Likewise my first post that starts
quote:
I've been following this thread with interest for some time waiting for my registration to come through - so this is my first input to the discussion
Since it was a thread on Creationism it was a long way from my last input to the discussion! (on that and other threads in 14 years)

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having lurked (and loved it!) for a long time and then finally having come on board this summer I must confess to spending time trying to imagine what some shipmates look like and what their lives are really like especially when I've been captivated by what they've written....
I know, I'm odd... [Hot and Hormonal]
But this really is a great place to spend time, you're a good bunch of people and I'm very grateful to all of the hosts and admins who keep us afloat.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
anne
Shipmate
# 73

- Posted      Profile for anne   Email anne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
I deeply admire people who have been here a decade or more and have a post count in 3 figures. You either have self-control or a life.

Neither - but I do spend a lot of time thinking "I was going to say that." Also, fear of parishioners or colleagues recognising themselves in my descriptions prevents me from starting a hell thread most weeks. I delete a lot too - preview post really is my friend.

But the Ship has been a really important part of my life for more than a decade. I haven't exactly sailed through exploration, selection, training, ordination, curacy or incumbency, but much of the sailing I have done was on board the Ship. I have learned a great deal, particularly from people that I disagree with, and laughed and wept - and I keep coming back.

Thank you - seriously, this is a great place.

Anne

--------------------
‘I would have given the Church my head, my hand, my heart. She would not have them. She did not know what to do with them. She told me to go back and do crochet' Florence Nightingale

Posts: 338 | From: Devon | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
Was'nt "Mystery Worshiper" or some board free on neoworks?, Thats what I recall.

Yes, there was only one free one. That was where I started off. I hardly posted at all - most of the discussions seemed to be about the finer points of Anglican vestments, don't know why I stuck with it. Anyway, the boards went free after a while, and 12 years later, I seem to be still here. A lot of people have come and gone, the boards have gone through a bunch of changes.

It probably won't be too long now before the first children born after the first Ship weddings are now able to post. Though today's generation may see an internet forum as hopelessly uncool and middle-aged. We might have to wait until that gains "retro appeal".

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Was'nt "Mystery Worshiper" or some board free on neoworks?, Thats what I recall.

Yes, there was only one free one. That was where I started off.
Small Fire and E-Pistles were free as well, the former to discuss Alt+Worship ideas from the now defunct Small Fire column on the main site and the latter to discuss general stuff from the main site.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
Who remembers Neoworks??

Yep. We had to pay for membership in those days. The boards changed to UBB about 6 months after I joined.
AFAIR, I signed up in 1998 or 99, as I prepared to move to the UK. I still wish Todd was still around posting about theology. The culture of the boards has changed hugely, but on the whole it's been managed pretty well thanks to an amazing succession of Admins and Hosts, and Simon.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was bullied and harried and cajoled into joining by a rather strange Canadian friend, made a few faux-pas to begin with, got told off a bit and then sort of settled. Gradually it became my sort of home on the web. It is hard to believe it is nearly 8 years!

Yes, it is a great place full of some great folks - and a few very strange ones! I think I'll probably hang around for a little bit longer.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I was bullied and harried and cajoled into joining by a rather strange Canadian friend, made a few faux-pas to begin with, got told off a bit and then sort of settled. Gradually it became my sort of home on the web. It is hard to believe it is nearly 8 years!

Yes, it is a great place full of some great folks - and a few very strange ones! I think I'll probably hang around for a little bit longer.

Better than my HUGE faux-pas when I joined. And it's over 10 years. (From one of the strange ones.)

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lurked for sometime before I signed on.

I read through the active threads several time each day. It keeps my brain occupied during slack times at work!

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
I still wish Todd was still around posting about theology.

Yes! I learned a lot from him.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This probably reveals something deficient in my character, or that it's time for another bout of therapy, but threads like this -- how cool the Ship is -- especially when coupled with nostalgia for longed-for Absentees -- make me start wondering about leaks in the hold, and how much longer I can count on her being afloat . . .

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not worrying much about that Porridge. I don't remember a thread quite like this, although there have been "Thanks to the Hosts & Admins" style thread and posts before, but this is rather broader in scope.

Shipmates were saying "It's a shame so-and-so isn't around any more" since the day I arrived, so I'm sure it's been going on forever. I miss many too, but mostly I hope they are happy wherever they are and whatever they are doing.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
This probably reveals something deficient in my character, or that it's time for another bout of therapy, but threads like this -- how cool the Ship is -- especially when coupled with nostalgia for longed-for Absentees -- make me start wondering about leaks in the hold, and how much longer I can count on her being afloat . . .

Seeing that people have been doing that since the first person left, and she's still sailing, I don't think I'll lose much sleep over it.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

One you will come and it will all be gone. Your dream of a faith free world one step closer.

Fly safe Pyx_e.

(If any of you feckers tell her the new url l will stick a frog down your ass crack)

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
One you will come and it will all be gone. Your dream of a faith free world one step closer.

Fly safe Pyx_e.

(If any of you feckers tell her the new url l will stick a frog down your ass crack)

[Devil]

(Ha! I think this means I've made it into the In Group!)

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(Ha! I think this means I've made it into the In Group!)

Step over here and I'll get you your button and wallet card.

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

Button?! Wallet Card?! What do you take me for? I know perfectly well I'm now entitled to a monogrammed Death Ray.

[ 27. July 2013, 22:33: Message edited by: Porridge ]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Button?! Wallet Card?! What do you take me for? I know perfectly well I'm now entitled to a monogrammed Death Ray.

You're not that far "in."

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I joined, after one of my first posts mousethief threatened to call me to Hell. I'm sure that I would have completely grilled him [Biased]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, he told me what he was sure I would do when I did get called to Hell. But, as I have not yet, I haven't worried about it.

I am exceedingly thankful for the Ship, though. I was wearing my CuppaT apron, which a Secret Santa had made for me years ago, at a baby shower I was hosting and one of the guests asked about it. I told them the significance of the large cup, and about the ShipofFools, and how I had friends all over the world. The whole room got sort of quiet. I don't think people really know me too well.

(Thought I needed to edit, but I didn't.)

[ 28. July 2013, 05:03: Message edited by: CuppaT ]

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Honest Ron Bacardi
Shipmate
# 38

- Posted      Profile for Honest Ron Bacardi   Email Honest Ron Bacardi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
If anyone's interested, you can see some of the early discussions archived here. I found my first post, and maybe I did pay after all, though I don't remember doing so, as it mentions my registration having just kicked in.

Anyway -- couldn't agree more with the OP.

I just spent a misty-eyed few minutes trawling through the old Neoworks archive. Not for the first time, but it's been a while...

Am I imagining it, or were discussions conducted a bit more spaciously back then? By that I mean that they took longer to unfold, and perhaps people had more time to consider other people's POVs before responding.

It's just that on a couple of occasions recently, I've been called away for a couple of days, and on returning the discussion has moved on so far that there's no point in resuming. Maybe it's just the effect of Twitter and the like which pushes things in the direction of blurting your response then moving on. It's not as big a difference as that makes it sound, but I'd be interested in hearing what people think.

--------------------
Anglo-Cthulhic

Posts: 4857 | From: the corridors of Pah! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember neoworks, although I don't think I actually posted anything until the boards changed. I think the first thread I followed was the 'Gold Fillings' one. Plus some of the earliest MW reports.

One of the reasons I love looking through the very old threads, is to see some of the original members posting more frequently - eg. it's really funny to see Dyfrig and frin slugging it out in 'Mornington Crescent'. The game still continues, but now with completely different players (except for Spike, who appears to be a permanent fixture - I think he still lives in one of the tunnels).

Once you belong to the Ship, you can never really leave. Even if people no longer post much, they still pop in from time to time. I was particularly moved by the number of former shipmates / hosts / admins who called in to pay their respects to Erin when she died.

Gawd bless the Ship and all the barnacles who cling to her bottom. [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Honest Ron Bacardi:
Am I imagining it, or were discussions conducted a bit more spaciously back then? By that I mean that they took longer to unfold, and perhaps people had more time to consider other people's POVs before responding.

It's just that on a couple of occasions recently, I've been called away for a couple of days, and on returning the discussion has moved on so far that there's no point in resuming.

I think that is due to the much larger number of shipmates nowadays. I remember Erin saying back when that there were about two hundred registered shippies and about fifty regular posters. There were far fewer posts.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I started on the Ship I didn't have internet access at home, and even when I did for a while it was dial up. I used to use a bit of code at work that downloaded all the threads into a file that fitted on a floppy disk, which I then read at home composing replies in Notepad to post the following lunchtime at work. I don't think I was the only one doing that. There were certainly a lot of people on dial up who read, disconnected to compose and then dial back in to post ... I certainly did when I got dial up at home, there didn't seem much point paying the phone bill when not actually looking at new content, not to mention keeping the phone engaged if someone wanted to call you. It certainly made sure you only posted something if it was worth saying.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heehee, I was still on dialup when the Ark came along. You can imagine how long that took to load!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...It certainly made sure you only posted something if it was worth saying.

Good grief, if we kept to that my post count would be VERY low!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When I started on the Ship I didn't have internet access at home, and even when I did for a while it was dial up. I used to use a bit of code at work that downloaded all the threads into a file that fitted on a floppy disk, which I then read at home composing replies in Notepad to post the following lunchtime at work. I don't think I was the only one doing that. There were certainly a lot of people on dial up who read, disconnected to compose and then dial back in to post ... I certainly did when I got dial up at home, there didn't seem much point paying the phone bill when not actually looking at new content, not to mention keeping the phone engaged if someone wanted to call you. It certainly made sure you only posted something if it was worth saying.

That is wicked impressive.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am on dial-up, it's a PITA, but at least it gives me longer than 2 mins to edit my posts.

But I still miss the errors [Roll Eyes]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

And it's still a great place.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

The testimony to it being a great place is that it has gone on so long. Particularly in this age of instant wish for change, the ship has a very impressive sailing record.

--------------------

Martha
Shipmate
# 185

- Posted      Profile for Martha   Email Martha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This seems to be one of those threads where we long-time semi-lurkers out ourselves once again. Yes, this is a great place, even when you've been around long enough to think, "oh, a thread about that again." And this has reminded me that I should budget some money to the Organ Fund.
Posts: 388 | From: in the kitchen | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martha:
And this has reminded me that I should budget some money to the Organ Fund.

Thanks for the reminder, Martha.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Money to the ship? Time for a new avatar I think.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the forum Ship of Fools

apologies to Don Henley, hotels, California and especially Joe Walsh. [Hot and Hormonal]

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Inanna

Ship's redhead
# 538

- Posted      Profile for Inanna   Email Inanna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also another one of those old-timers who mostly lurks and reads, but I am still grateful to the Ship for good friends, good conversations, and stretching my faith in all the right ways. (Can't quite believe that it's been 12 years for me... and I'm sure I was on Neoworks before they started charging too.)

--------------------
All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.

Posts: 1495 | From: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moron:

apologies to Don Henley, hotels, California and especially Joe Walsh. [Hot and Hormonal]

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Oooh. Off to fiddle with log off text...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nicely done, Kelly - it has a slightly Hitchcock-ian feel to it.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

Aw. I liked the logoff message I came up with when I first became an Admin [Frown] .

On the plus side, I now have Hotel California in my head. An earworm I actually enjoy - paradise [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a log-off text?

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does someone ever log off the Ship? [Confused]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I log off every night and log back in again every morning - it's the logical thing to do.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Isn't the normal thing to do to sit up late at night reading the Ship, fall asleep with your head crashed into the keyboard, then wake up in the morning and read what's been posted while you slept? Isn't that what everyone does???

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Alan Cresswell: Isn't the normal thing to do to sit up late at night reading the Ship, fall asleep with your head crashed into the keyboard, then wake up in the morning and read what's been posted while you slept? Isn't that what everyone does???
You forgot the part about the half-empty glass of wine falling into your lap.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Isn't the normal thing to do to sit up late at night reading the Ship, fall asleep with your head crashed into the keyboard, then wake up in the morning and read what's been posted while you slept? Isn't that what everyone does???

Well, given some of the posts made, I assumed something of the sort.
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by moron:

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Nice. There should be an intermediate logon text. User name. Password. (click) Are you certain you wish to do this? (click Yes) Don't say we didn't warn you.... Going to page...

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In all seriousness, as long as you're on your personal computer and not a shared public one, why would you ever log out of the ship? Just stay logged in and close the window when you're done.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by balaam:

And here it is. Thanks Simon.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
In all seriousness, as long as you're on your personal computer and not a shared public one, why would you ever log out of the ship? Just stay logged in and close the window when you're done.

Those of us with partners who are also shipmates sometimes find we have 'posted' things we didn't say. So it is important to check the login details.

[ 31. July 2013, 20:16: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes, good point.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

And here it is. Thanks Simon.
Good one!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The heading in Ruth's link mentions Joanne. Is it wrong that I would love to have witnessed her? You charter members have talked about her so much she has become magnified in my mind as the Ship's own mythical sea monster.

Yes, hear hear to the opening post. Discussions on other boards turn into name calling, illogical hate fests before I can say straw man and I've found that there is no subject on earth that can't be reduced to a political issue. I prefer caramel icing to chocolate? Well that's just what they would expect from a bleeding heart liberal Democrat like me!

I love it here. [Tear]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016