homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Sorry Sioni. Wasn't my intention to ask for legal advice. Just a chat.

But maybe that's a girl thing? [Biased]

Evensong, this makes me want to rip your fucking uterus out and feed it to the cats.
Most of us got to this point a long time ago. Don't let anyone stop you.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Housework. I hate hate hate HATE HATE H*A*T*E it. I feel like taking to living in squalor. More squalor.

It's the relentless day in / day outness of it. And that fact that it's "invisible" when I do it, but "visible" when I don't. And the way that when I snap over something like a banana skin left in the fruit bowl a-bloody-gain, or the toilet roll middle left on the bathroom windowsill, or the minging gym kit just abandoned, then certain members of the North East household think I am being unreasonable. "It's just a banana skin" they say, "it's not much effort for you to dispose of my banana skin."

I join you, Firenze, in condemning housework to hell.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH anyone who'd use a phrase like "there are a number of synergies" in earnest.

I do not believe that there is any hope or salvation for such people.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Housework. I hate hate hate HATE HATE H*A*T*E it. I feel like taking to living in squalor. More squalor.

Come to the dark side young Firenze. Squalor will set you free.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
Come to the dark side young Firenze.

It's a species of Age Rage. Dust we are, and to dust we shall return - and I see the bugger is overtaking me already.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The blithering simpleton(s) on our condo board who thought it would be a Really Good Idea to install industrial air fresheners all over our building. Apparently the whole idea that pumping quantities of volatile compounds into the air might harm residents' health has never occurred to them. And quite aside from my burning eyes and wheezing lungs, I'm profoundly offended that my home now smells like the world's biggest service station restroom.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Sorry Sioni. Wasn't my intention to ask for legal advice. Just a chat.

But maybe that's a girl thing? [Biased]

Evensong, this makes me want to rip your fucking uterus out and feed it to the cats.
Most of us got to this point a long time ago. Don't let anyone stop you.
You too?

Shit.

Dunno how I managed that.

I always tried to be nice to you since I rather like you.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A warm thank-you to the credit card company who unexpectedly sent me an "annual credit card statement". I nearly had a heart attack when I opened it, thinking it was a bill and that someone had been running up a three-figure sum on my account without my knowledge. What's the point of sending this? I don't want it and didn't ask for it.

And what's more you got my address wrong. Why did you change it? I've lived here for years. You had no reason to change it and I'd never have found out if someone hadn't kindly redirected it for me.

I really don't understand why companies do this - my insurance company suddenly decided last year that I now live 11 doors away. Why? There's no need to amend address records unecessarily.

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people (the most well meaning sort) that say they hope you get another warm fuzzy friend soon when your friendpet of sixteen years dies.

FFS. It's like saying "Hope you find another Dad to replace the one that died today soon".

Doesn't happen people.

Pets are unique, just like people. They cannot be replaced.

They are mourned because of who they were and the friendship and love they brought.

[ 14. March 2013, 12:51: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen, sister. it wasn't 12 hours after my boy passed away that I had people asking me when I was getting a puppy. what the hell?!?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The best response to that one was one my children, who said "no, we're having chicken for supper". Made the point.

TICTH snow. We have now about 8 feet in the yard. Last weekend I shovelled the roof again, and didn't need a ladder. It is snowing again, and 15 cm are forecast (6"). My next post will probably be about an ice age.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Everyday I'm shovelin'...

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my dear dear boss, who (naturally!) managed to thank each team member by name in detail at the celebration and then most inexplicably forgot who I was when his eyes landed on me. Which didn't prevent him from taking credit for my accomplishments ten minutes later, of course.

And a certain in-duh-vidual in a different department who took out her temper on me because she was mad at said dear dear boss AND at the marketing people. I have nothing to do with the decisions of either, sweetie. All I do is shield you from him. And you--you don't know which end to kiss and which end to slap.

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
you don't know which end to kiss and which end to slap.

[Overused]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fuck it, (((Comet & Evensong))), and boy howdy.

[edited to accomodate the fucking pickypants among us.]

[ 15. March 2013, 02:53: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Fuck it, (((Comet & Evensong)), and boy howdy.

HOW DARE YOU... leave an unclosed bracket? It pokes me right in the OCD.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Folks, TICTH threads are supposed to be non-chatty. This thread has been getting distinctly chatty lately.

orfeo
Hellhost

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Senator Rob Portman can go fuck himself.

What is it with these people? Marriage equality is Just Terrible, Evil, and Against God . . . until it turns out his son is gay.

So NOW it's all okey-dokey.

You fucking twat. It's fine to discriminate against those strange Others, right? Only now it's your own son's ox being gored, so Change Of Heart.

As if you fucking had one. Or a brain. Or the imagination of a fucking guppie.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mother's surgeon. She fell Monday morning and shattered her artificial knee. She was supposed to have surgery on Tuesday, but they hadn't ordered the new knee. Then she was supposed to have surgery on Thursday, but not all the parts arrived. Then, she was supposed to have surgery this afternoon.

At 1:30 we get told the surgeon is out of town teaching and will be finished at 4:30 then return to do the operation.

It is now 6:50 p.m. local time and no one knows where the hell the surgeon is or when he will start.

Shit

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:

It is now 6:50 p.m. local time and no one knows where the hell the surgeon is or when he will start.

Shit

If it's 6:50 pm the surgeon will be at the country club. Don't people know that?

( [Votive] for your mom, but yeah, Shit says it all).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
Senator Rob Portman can go fuck himself.

What is it with these people? Marriage equality is Just Terrible, Evil, and Against God . . . until it turns out his son is gay.

So NOW it's all okey-dokey.

You fucking twat. It's fine to discriminate against those strange Others, right? Only now it's your own son's ox being gored, so Change Of Heart.

You beat me to it. What kills me is the implication that he can only be moved to do some soul-searching and then do the right thing because of his personal experience. What does this say about his ability to do the right thing about problems that don't have a personal impact on him and his family?
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's fucking arrogance, that's what it is.

What Those Other People do is nasty, bad, and wrong. What my son does is by definition Just Fine. After all, he's MY son, and I'm Just Fine. After all, I set the standards for the entire fucking world.

--------------------

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well... many people of Portman's generation have followed a similar path- disapproving of teh gayz until they actually knew and loved one. I'm not saying it's good, but he grew up in a conservative place and time (Cincinnati is full of haters and bigots to this day) and at least he did the right thing by speaking up about his change of heart while he was still in office. It's more than Dick Cheney did for his daughter.

According to ABC News (here) he's only the third Republican in federal office to openly support marriage. I think context is important; it's a LOT harder, politically, for a Tea Party-supported Republican senator from Ohio (which passed its anti-marriage amendment by 62%) to support marriage than, say, a Democratic senator from Massachusetts.

Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Antisocial Alto:
many people of Portman's generation have followed a similar path- disapproving of the gayz until they actually knew and loved one.

He apparently sat on the knowledge for two years before conveniently rearranging his conscience.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh dear. I guess then he didn't do much better than Dick Cheney- Cheney claims the reason he didn't speak out in 2000 was so as not to hurt Bush's election chances. Convenient that Portman waited until the next presidential campaign is about as far away as possible.
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
quote:
It's fine to discriminate against those strange Others, right? Only now it's your own son's ox being gored, so Change Of Heart.

You beat me to it. What kills me is the implication that he can only be moved to do some soul-searching and then do the right thing because of his personal experience. What does this say about his ability to do the right thing about problems that don't have a personal impact on him and his family?
Well, sure, we'd all like to think that our politicians had the brains, heart and imagination to think - before they pontificate in the abstract - about how they'd feel if someone in their family was doing the same thing - but it's often unthinkable for them, isn't it? Trouble is, brains, heart and imagination are not prerequisites for a career in politics - they ought to be, but often the decent people are hounded out.
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:
many people of Portman's generation have followed a similar path- disapproving of the gayz until they actually knew and loved one.

He apparently sat on the knowledge for two years before conveniently rearranging his conscience.
Maybe your cynicism is justified - perhaps you know more about him than I do - but I would have said that two years is not an unusual amount of time for a deeply conservative person to adjust to the idea of a gay marriage in the family. Yeah, he should have admitted it before, but, for my money, the real test of his character and integrity will come with what happens next, not what went before.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:

Sounds like he was too right wing to have any inclination to listen to his son.

That's 'family values' for you.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
<in response to RuthW and Antisocial Alto>

Maybe your cynicism is justified - perhaps you know more about him than I do - but I would have said that two years is not an unusual amount of time for a deeply conservative person to adjust to the idea of a gay marriage in the family. Yeah, he should have admitted it before, but, for my money, the real test of his character and integrity will come with what happens next, not what went before.

Call me old fashioned or something, but I expect people to stick to what can be described as principles come what may. Isn't changing them because of family circumstance just the kind kind of moral relativism we hear the religious right attack so much as the basis of all that is wrong nowadays?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

Oops -- we are discussing, and we have been officially warned not to. Maybe we should move this topic to the Another Damn Fool Republican thread.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Oops -- we are discussing, and we have been officially warned not to. Maybe we should move this topic to the Another Damn Fool Republican thread.

[Smile]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:

Hostly Notice

Yes, me included (but I'm mad about it too) [Hot and Hormonal]

This Portman character is not to be mentioned on this thread again. Porridge's suggestion should be followed instead.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH... what I've decided to call San-Fransplainers. Like "mansplainers," kinda. (I've ranted about this on facebook already today, so some of you may have seen it.)

All I have to do is wear a Detroit-related t-shirt in San Francisco, or mention I'm from Detroit to a San Franciscan, and suddenly they're telling me all about what went wrong with my own hometown. Even though they've never been there, don't know anyone from there, and have never read anything authoritative on the subject (and, as I pointed out on facebook - the New York Times, the SF Chronicle, and other national/international news agencies aren't authorities on Detroit). Generally, they have a really simplistic explanation, often one which contrasts the (alleged) stupidity of Detroit with the (alleged) genius of San Francisco. E.g., Detroit never thought to have more than one industry (an assertion that isn't true). I assume this means San Francisco has more than one industry. (Are computer programming and internet apps two different industries? Are we counting Palo Alto and Napa Valley as San Francisco? We're probably counting tourism here, thanks to the nice weather in this part of the world.)

See, I'm oversimplifying there. But I know enough to know that. San-Fransplainers are simply talking out of their asses and managing to make that sound condescending. (Maybe that's another industry?)

So...lady at the bus stop this morning... "What happened to Detroit" wasn't just crime. Crime doesn't suddenly pop up out of nowhere. "Crime" isn't a simple cause of anything; in fact, it's a symptom of other, much more complex problems. You gave away your own prejudices when you shivered when I said I lived in Oakland, and when you complained that you can't take a direct bus anymore to San Anselmo (something you apparently find so unreasonable, that there isn't public transit magically available to take you out of the city on those rare occasions you wish to venture out). Just. shut. up. Oh, and try not to leave San Francisco ever again. Not only will the rest of the world disappoint you, but the rest of the world will find you as annoying as I do. So kindly leave us to our own business, thank you very much.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

You get points for at least realising.

If a topic is worth this much discussion, then it was worth its own thread somewhere.

*consults manual for ways of shifting the whole thing*

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the enforced jollity in every single pub over the national holiday of another country.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

TICTH every Englishman, American and Australian* who is pretending to be Irish today. You unpatriotic bastards.

*other nationalities are available (and culpable).

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What if we're Irish-American? Are we allowed a dram or a pint then? [Biased]

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As long as you do not enjoy it. Now move off Spike's lawn! And mind Sioni's as you go.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Americans will celebrate any country or culture's holiday that involves alcohol. Oktoberfest. St. Patrick's Day. Cinco de Mayo. We don't care. Just pass the booze.

[ 18. March 2013, 01:36: Message edited by: Sine Nomine ]

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

Australians don't bother to wait for the holidays.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll happily expend a few quiet smirks in the direction of the local "Irish" who abbreviate Patrick as Patty. [Roll Eyes]

[ 18. March 2013, 03:04: Message edited by: Leorning Cniht ]

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Ahem.

We interrupt this idle banter for some Hellhost commentary.

Yet again, I am going to point out that if you feel like being all chatty about some topic, then create a separate Hell thread for it.

This particular edition of TICTH has been doing remarkably well, and has survived a long time. But just lately you've all gone and turned it into a coffee lounge or water cooler or something.

I'm not saying that the rule is no response, ever. But dammit, if you're going to be the 3rd or 4th person in a row commenting on the same topic, that's a discussion. And if we're going to discuss a particular topic around here, then there's a lovely button for creating new threads. Go ahead and press it.

TICTH is intended to be for short, sharp bursts of being pissed off at the world that don't warrant threads of their own, often because they're not of general interest and/or they're individual experiences.

Okay?

Now shape up, or I'll just go and close this thread on the grounds that you're all getting too comfortable with it.

orfeo
Hellhost

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just do it already, willya?

Happily there seems to be a lack of green food colouring in these climes

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

This particular edition of TICTH has been doing remarkably well, and has survived a long time. But just lately you've all gone and turned it into a coffee lounge or water cooler or something.

It's only cos hell has temporarily frozen over.

And starting hell threads is dangerous.

Please Sir, can we have some more?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who cannot resist pushing buttons regardless of the detriment to themselves or others.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Employment scams and scammers. Bastards.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH ambulance chasing bastards who appeal to the stupid and greedy in order to wring money out of frivolous lawsuits. And also ICTH the stupid and greedy poor who fall for it and then I have to give them the bloody bad news. Eedjits.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the pharmacy that screwed up my prescriptions 3 times during the week after my release from hospital and my mother's once during this same time. Words fail me when your stupidity could very well cost someone there life and you don't give a shit.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH lingerie shops which assume that because my breasts are on the smaller side, what I really want is to strap cushions or balloons to my chest. I don't. I am fine as I am. I just want a bra which is mildly attractive (i.e.not designed as a first bra or for a granny). That really shouldn't be hard. ARGH
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At the risk of stirring up a Hell Host or two for discussing something but I cannot resist….

As my old dad used to say Jenn, “any more than a handful is a waste!”

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016