homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH church websites with no mention of Holy Week Services at all. [Disappointed]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ticth bosses who ding me on my annual review for using FMLA. Oh, and for coming in on my scheduled day off to help the company out in a time of crisis. Egg sucking son of a porcupine.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Meerkat:
TICTH the sodding stupid chefs who say 'skollops', when we all know that the word is 'scallops'

The word is 'scallop' but it can be pronounced 'skollop'.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Rhythm Methodist
Shipmate
# 17064

- Posted      Profile for The Rhythm Methodist   Email The Rhythm Methodist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:

Ballocks.

Posts: 202 | From: Wales | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Definitely. If I used any other pronunciation at the fish shop, no one would know what I wanted.

While I'm on the subject TICTH the fact that Tasmanian scallops have been pretty well unobtainable here for months. The only ones worth eating here. Imported scallops have usually been frozen and when thawed are half the size they started as and they cook into white rounds of what feels like rubber.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the demon of the small hours who sticks a sharp pitchfork into sleep, puncturing and deflating it immediately when his shift begins.

Sod off back to the bilges of Hell. I'm sick of you wrecking my nights.

Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

- Posted      Profile for Meerkat   Email Meerkat       Edit/delete post 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It COULD be pronounced 'arsehole', but it would still annoy me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Simples!

Posts: 160 | From: Herts, UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Psoraisis - the long winter we're having means that my regular winter-long psoraisis is taking longer to clear up and itching like buggery.

(BTW - when I were a lad in't 70's pit village where I grew up scallops - pronounced "scollops" of course - were slices of potato fried like chips.)

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
TICTH Psoraisis - the long winter we're having means that my regular winter-long psoraisis is taking longer to clear up and itching like buggery.

This is very un-Hellish and definitely un-TICTH, but as an eczema sufferer who's finding the cold hard-going at times, [Votive] .

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH secular bloody humanists who start FB posts and national newspaper articles with "It's Good Friday, I don't believe in God but blah blah these are my views." I don't particularly give a flying fuck about your views and the fact that you're using the excuse that it is a day of Religious commemoration to justify your secular humanist rant is .....annoying to say the least.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Lord Carey, for foregoing the chance to spread the wonder and mystery and grace of the Easter story to instead write an article that effectively translates as "moany, moany, moany, whinge, whinge, whinge repeat ad nauseum".

Happy Easter to you, too.

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was just going to add George Carey. But I refuse to refer to him as Lord. The very last thing a bishop and servant of God's people should be is a Lord, even less that he should use that status to spread hate against people who do not conform to his lower-middle-class vanilla sexual morality.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
PS does he not realise that Chris Bryant is a former (technically still, as ordination is for life) Christian priest who for all we know might still be in active ministry if it wasn't for the bigoted attitudes of him and those like him?

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: Party Poppers in Church.
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angloid:
I was just going to add George Carey. But I refuse to refer to him as Lord. The very last thing a bishop and servant of God's people should be is a Lord, even less that he should use that status to spread hate against people who do not conform to his lower-middle-class vanilla sexual morality.

Vanilla?

Who knows what lords and ladies get up to in their bedrooms (or kitchens)? Especially when traditional marriage requires women to be submissive?

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
TICTH: Party Poppers in Church.

I missed then this year as I went somewhere else for the vigil and it was just handbells.

Not as much fun for the kids.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: Handbells.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

We had fireworks too.

--------------------

AmyBo
Shipmate
# 15040

- Posted      Profile for AmyBo   Email AmyBo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love handbells! Handbells kept me in church longer as a teen! It was the only reason I went!

TITCH finding my needle right after I ask my husband to come help. Make me look like a fool.

Posts: 122 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH IBS, I've spent all Easter feeling like crap because of it

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the astonishing predictability of the human race.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Desert Daughter
Shipmate
# 13635

- Posted      Profile for Desert Daughter   Email Desert Daughter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the French and their complete lack of ecological awareness. They pollute, they don't know how to recycle, and if there's a smog alarm in your city the local authorities will tell you that they have chosen not to impose any measures and instead issue a bulletin telling you to "reduce activities which will make you inhale a great amount of air".

--------------------
"Prayer is the rejection of concepts." (Evagrius Ponticus)

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Daughter:
"reduce activities which will make you inhale a great amount of air".

...... which kinda puts the mockers on hanky panky in Gay Pari'

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH websites that have white print on a dark background. It is harder to read, so much so that I frequently decide it's not worth the effort.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH food poisoning [Projectile] .

I feel like I've been fed head-first through a mangle.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the 24-hour blood pressure monitor that is gripping my arm like a vice. Damn thing nearly made me faint. How is THAT going to get an accurate reading of my usual blood pressure?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dude, getting pissed about it is only gonna raise your blood pressure.

(I'm sorry. Hope you're OK.)

[ 02. April 2013, 04:01: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
TICTH the 24-hour blood pressure monitor that is gripping my arm like a vice. Damn thing nearly made me faint. How is THAT going to get an accurate reading of my usual blood pressure?

Many blood pressure monitors have an optional extra large cuff which will give a more accurate and comfortable reading for us fatter folk. I hope there's one for your monitor.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

Hosting taking a toll? just remember - when reading another damn stupid post, close your eyes, visualize a clear, cool, still pool of water surrounded by lush greenery. birds are singing all around you. you take calm, deep breaths. and then shove the stupid fucking poster under the water and hold him there.

works for me.

Ohm.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet 'him' huh, got someone in mind have you? And to paraphrase palimpsest's post, You fat bastard. [Razz]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oh baby, I've got a list.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you're all going to mill around like complete morons having a conversation in a place you're not supposed to, allow me to puncture a whole series of breathtakingly stupid assumptions you've made.

1. I'm not wearing this thing because my blood pressure is high, but because it may be going too low.

2. The cuff is adjustable over a wide range. The girth of my arm, impressive as my biceps are, is not an issue.

3. The cuff is fitted correctly. It was not fitted by me. It's SUPPOSED to be gripping my arm like a vice. THAT'S the issue.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
oh baby, I've got a list.

After reading your posts for 8 years, I know damn well you have several lists... [Big Grin]

[Sorry Orfeo, no more commentary]

[ 02. April 2013, 08:18: Message edited by: Patdys ]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH typing up a cassette inaudibly recorded by my boss with the dictaphone about a mile away from her mouth, not in my first language, on a subject I know nothing and care less about (if I understood the words and could hear enough of it to know what it was about, I'm fairly sure it would be boring), in an open space office where the phones ring and people talk and the printer makes a noise like a rocket taking off just behind me.

I am losing the will to live. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cassette? Dictaphone? Does she need a calendar to inform her what bloody century it is?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

TICTH: Mick Philpott.

Not sure about Mrs Philpott yet. I'll await the judgement.

Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Not sure about Mrs Philpott yet. I'll await the judgement.

Not to mention the Daily Mail's take today. Apparently it's all the fault of Social Security.

--------------------

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

You gotta hand it to the Mail: they know how to touch the left's buttons. The anger on Twitter has been amusing to read.
Shipmate
# 76

Well, I'm glad you've got some amusement out of the whole business. Meanwhile, I await with anticipation their story about that bloke who shot his parents to get their money and how it shows how terrible the system of inherited wealth is.

[ 03. April 2013, 15:57: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And they know how to stoke the right's, erm, ego.
It is a wonder they do not have carpal-tunnel....

ETA:response to Anglican't. Unforgivable, Karl, spoiling the joke with your cross post .

[ 03. April 2013, 15:59: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
Well, I'm glad you've got some amusement out of the whole business.

Given that the critics of the headline are often guilty of equally sensationalist claptrap, I reckon you've got to laugh or cry at what passes for debate sometimes. On this occasion I chose to laugh.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sod days when you can get nothing right, screw up constantly and make a complete idiot of yourself on a continuing basis.

Actually, sod almost everything. It'd be quicker than listing the various incidences.

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

quote:

Yeah , too right . See how he likes being burnt alive [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Given that the critics of the headline are often guilty of equally sensationalist claptrap, I reckon you've got to laugh or cry at what passes for debate sometimes. On this occasion I chose to laugh.

But these were 6 real flesh and blood children who were burnt by their father being exploited for political point scoring. Sensationalist claptrap is one thing but laughing about the emotions stoked up around this case probably just demonstrates the incredibly depersonalizing effect of internet news commentary.

I'd like to think it does anyway.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH being made homeless and the lack of one bed housing due to the "bedroom tax" [Mad] [Devil]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who think they're organized but aren't.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH, me I guess. I made a joke in reply to Anglican't just up thread, without reading what Anglican't was commenting on. Nothing funny about that case or the yellow journalism surrounding the reporting on it. Tragedy is all it is.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

Not sure if yesterday's tabloid headline "We'll have sex on our kid's graves" counts as yellow journalism .

I'm slightly gratified by the fact that the only humping philpot does from now won't be of the kind that produces kids.

TICTH -- The tragedy of the human condition.

--------------------

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who promise they'll phone you later don't. I hate being left high and dry and uncertain [Mad]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Not sure if yesterday's tabloid headline "We'll have sex on our kid's graves" counts as yellow journalism .

I would far rather hear nothing ever again about Philpott, or about Ian Brady, or any other vile murderer. Something to be said for damnatio memoriae, I think.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016