homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH patronising, smug, superior nasty cu**stomers...that is all [Mad] [Mad]
Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Midge:
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
TICTH church members dying, especially in clusters, especially in an interim period. The transitional minister is on her way out, so the brand spanking new associate minister, with the oil or water or organic soap or whatever the UCC uses when it ordains people barely dry upon his brow, will have to cope with doing yet another funeral of an old lady he didn't know for a family he's never met. And I get to break the news to him this morning.

Our local curate said "Oh no, your from that road. Please don't die. I've conducted six funerals from your road since I got here." I think he may have done 7 or 8 now.
One word from PeteC and someone else gets into discussion mode! Some of you haven't the sense God gave geese. Do you want a TICTH thread? Yes? Behave then.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Cross posts [Devil]

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pete--

Apologies for discussion.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the asshat who thought it would be fun to phone in a threat to one of the Newtown (CT) elementary schools, causing the whole system to go back into a lockdown this afternoon. Like those kids haven't been through enough.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my old friend. Jesus, dude: you’re getting married one year, two months, and 6 days after P’s death. You’re moving to another country with a woman you’ve known five months. I know I should be happy for you, but cripes, I’ve just barely taken P’s death on board, and now you’re leaving too.

But you still expect me to hem your wedding trousers, pick your son up at the airport, and sit the cats you’re leaving behind. Jesus, dude.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
AmyBo
Shipmate
# 15040

- Posted      Profile for AmyBo   Email AmyBo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH my mother in law who is STILL living with us after 4 months, expects us to cook her dinner even though she is perfectly able and then stands in the middle of the kitchen, and just managed to take a loving joke between my husband and me and turn it into a snarky insult, with a dash of gay bashing for flavor.
Posts: 122 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH telephone push pollers who call up with a survey and ask incredibly slanted questions to teach you the right answer.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH upspeak.

Do you have any idea how offensive you sound? Because, like, y'know, I do understand the concept of a front door, and I do know what shopping is. My English is perfectly adequate, and I am neither a toddler just learning the language nor an adult with an impediment to understanding the most basic of ideas.

I try to tell myself that it's your own communication skills that you doubt, but, like, y'know, it really doesn't come across that way. Yeah?

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH neighbours who, after four years of politely agreeing that the broken fence, which after three years became no fence, is their responsibility, inform me today that until they have spoken with the council to check who's responsibility it is, will not be replacing it. Which, they regret to say, will take a long time...

It's perfectly clear on both sets of house deeds whose responsibility that fence it is.

Time for a garden party with all the dog owners I know, who couldn't possibly leave their dogs at home, and all the small children I know.

[ 11. June 2013, 17:30: Message edited by: Japes ]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the word scientism and its users. Pull your heads out of your arses long enough for at least one gulp of oxygen. Thank you.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whoever decided that 15 seconds was long enough for my mother to get from the light-switch to the door of her flat and undo two locks.
I would be pushed to do it in that time and I do not have arthritis.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH doctors who aren't really ready to listen.

My job at the moment is the most intense and stressful ever - I am working eleven hours with just a half hour break for lunch (which I often eat whilst working) and then coming home and doing a further three hours at least planning and preparing. I am working with small children with severe learning difficulties, Autism and associated behaviour implications, with the result that I am on my feet all day and dealing with some extreme behaviours and am often exhausted. The job finishes in July but I haven't even the energy or the time to fill in application forms for a new job for September.

With the sudden symptoms of heightened blood pressure - a relentless headache, nausea, dizziness and fuzzy vision - (and my brother having relatively recently suffered a cerebral haemorrhage) I booked an emergency appointment as the only regular appointments available were at the end of next week, during school time.

Was she interested in any of this? No. I got a lecture on wasting emergency appointments (even though it did turn out my blood pressure was very high and she had to up my medication) and also on "making excuses" for not fitting a minumum of half an hour's exercise in every day. Apparently there's no reason for me not to WALK the 45 minute walk to and from school each day. Surprised she didn't add in that I should be getting more sleep, too... and cooking all my meals from fresh ingredients...... oh, and maybe I should stop being a single mum, and stop supporting two boys with various emotional difficulties one of whom is currently doing GCSEs right now, and stop trying to fit in things like going shopping and doing some housework and, as my landlord has requested, keeping my garden in better order....... after all, my high blood pressure is all a result of my lifestyle choices...

And it would be nice to have had a proper apology for the accusation that I was not taking my tablets: when she said it was over two months since my last prescription and I said I'd had a new prescription just over a week ago, perhaps she should have checked her record before accusing me of lying.

If my blood pressure hadn't been high before my appointment, it is now. Thanks Doc!

[edited slightly at the request of the poster (using her words)]

[ 12. June 2013, 17:58: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my uterus. Specifically, the fibroids within it which are acting up and not responding to OTC painkillers.

Which leads me to CTH every. single. fucking. medical. professional over the last 15 years who have told me this level of pain is NORMAL and they can't do anything about it and refusing to give me anything except OTC painkillers and that OBVIOUSLY THE ONLY CURE IS TO LOSE WEIGHT, FATTY AND STOP BOTHERING US WITH YOUR CRAZY 'QUALITY OF LIFE' COMPLAINTS.

Fuck you you fucking fucks. I'm in too much pain to get creative. Oh, and I have to work because I have to save up sick leave so I can get this useless sack of tissue cut out of me so I'm just, you know, sitting at my desk doubled over.

Of course, first I have to deal with a gauntlet of medical professionals insisting that I should keep the useless sack of tissue because I might one day want children. Number one, on the off chance I go insane and get partnered and we decide to raise children, there's a better than 50% chance the person I choose to partner with will be able to carry the baby herself if we don't, you know, ADOPT ONE OF THE THOUSANDS OF FOSTER KIDS OUT THERE, and number two, I think I'm the one who knows my mind the most and guess what? MY MIND IS SET ON NOT HAVING CHILDREN.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
my dear Pissed Off Penguin - for the sake of my co-hosts who can't stand conversations on this thread, please clean out your PM box so I can give you the proper commiserations from one Really Annoyed Single Mama™ to another.

in the meantime, Fuck That Bitch.

crossposted with Spiffy. Fuck those guys, too.

[ 12. June 2013, 16:13: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the British visa system. We were supposed to be welcoming some visitors who we help as a charity. We have provided sponsorship, signed away our souls in blood to guarantee they do not over stay, helped fill out the applications, paid for these people to travel across their country but apparently there is nothing that will convince the representatives of our oh so welcoming country that our would be guests are not part of a people trafficking scam. That they have responsibilities at home that will mean they have to go back. Of course they would far rather live on benefits in a squalid bedsit or detention centre just because we are such a wonderful country.

No our embassy writes to say to come and collect their passports in person- yes travelling across the country again- to be told that visas will not be granted. I mean couldn’t they post the rejection letter and documents? Not that theyy have to care for anyone of anything.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
CTICH people who don't like things as they are, but don't want to take on the responsibility themselves.
I had just said that I was happy to continue maintaining our church website as it currently is, so why did you then decide to ask if it could be more "interactive". When I asked what you meant by that, to reply "I thought you knew what interactive meant" was not really helpful. [Mad]
I know if you can click on links, they take you to new areas; you can click on a form & fill it in for more information, or to pass information on - how much more interactive should it be?
Then, when I say I'll give you password - you say you don't want to do it!! [Mad]
No, I don't really want another meeting with you telling me how easy it is to do technical things, when you don't want to do them yourself
[Mad]

--------------------
Less is more ...

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The Kat in the Hat: I know if you can click on links, they take you to new areas; you can click on a form & fill it in for more information, or to pass information on - how much more interactive should it be?
Oh, I can think of a couple of things. How about an online quiz that calculates how much chance you will have of going to Hell? [Devil]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bloody munted footpaths [Mad]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I want to consign you to Hell, but I suspect you're already there, you poisonous, selfish, spineless excuse for a teacher.

This afternoon in the corridor, not one, not two, but three big lads gear themselves up to knock on your door to ask for access to a room. They don't want to, because last time they asked you 'weren't very happy'.

Let's be clear. To do your job. You 'weren't very happy' to DO YOUR FUCKING JOB. And you made those young guys feel so uncomfortable that I've ended up pretty much counselling them so they can bear to speak to you again.

Normal professional interactions seem impossible for you, let alone social. It's your mission to be vile to people, to make them feel uncomfortable, to make everything a problem. Then:
"I'm not going to apologise for the place I was in on Friday."

Can you *hear* yourself? You think you can come in to our shared workplace and pretty much smear your filth all over the walls? Because you're 'in a place'?? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Do you realise that all the staff see through you? And the kids? Well, my bottom set boys are smart enough to know what your game is.

You've got a face on you like a horrible stink, like a filthy toad. You've got the personality of a fucked-up hyena. You get in the way of my kids. Whatever demon has built its nest of shit and spit and rusted nails on you, you keep that beast to yourself. Fuck you. Fuck you right out of education.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So you're too smart to follow normal server protocols are you, darling? Too good to be bothered with normal tasks like putting files where they go or assigning that task to someone else? Well guess what, I know you think your group is the only one that matters, sweetie, but others of us exist. And believe it or not, we think that our work is worth doing. There is absolutely no reason that I should have to go to the archives, find you are just to cute to archive your materials, adn then go not to the server where such work belongs, but to your own personal folder as if this whole department were a wee little wiki. So at least 20 people's work for a couple of years is to live in your personal folder, and apparently not even be archived in an timely fashion, because the filing system our server has didn't entertain. Well bless.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
So at least 20 people's work for a couple of years is to live in your personal folder.

Your network admin allows people to have rights to other people's personal folders? He belongs in hell too, then!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I bet everyone who has come within spitting distance of file handling has seen it done badly and probably illegally.

How about a thread for it? Damn, I'm sure all I have to do is mention Sharepoint.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It is logically impossible to consign sharepoint to Hell.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Especially since it was born in hell and has never strayed from home.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would consign Sharepoint not just to Hell but into the mouth of Satan.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH onion in quiche.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Hostly Notice

Anything to do with servers holding data they shouldn't, the numskulls that administer them and software that is strung up so tightly to prevent sharing (in direct contradiction to its name) has a home right here.

Aren't we kind. No whinging about file handling on TICTH now. Thank you.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To the person who called my registered no call phone number at dinner time and claimed he was from the government Social Security office and needed my bank account number, shame on you. When I replied NO, you called me a witch with a b before I could hang up. You sir are a scum bag, in so many ways, targeting seniors. May you suffer the consequences of a million curses by Italian grandmothers. ( I am not Italian but I understand they are the most potent) .
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH being a student.

I hate exam periods.

effit, effit, effit, effit.

You'd think I'd be used to it after 11 years. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pedestrian facilities in Manchester, New Hampshire. Grumble.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also, TICTH whoever occupied BOTH washing machines in between when I checked where the hotel laundry was and when I brought my clothes down. May all your whites be pink.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

They have pedestrian facilities in New Hampshire?

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
quote:

I think the only response to slander like this is to mutter, "Masshole."
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH insomnia.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
quote:

I think the only response to slander like this is to mutter, "Masshole."
You want me to start a thread for a debate about pedestrian facilities in NH? Forget it.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH rubbish singers.

Yes, you. Again.

Two alto parts in Gibbons' Second Service, so I need to go back for evensong. I have a load of chores to do. I have prep to do for work tomorrow. I'm exhausted and I could really do with the night off. But no, I need to go back. This despite the fact that you will be there.

I cannot begin to express how FUCKING FURIOUS this makes me. If I was the only one on the line, fair enough. I need to be there to cover it.

But you will be there. Such a shame you can't hold the line so YOU MIGHT AS WELL NOT BE.

I have to go back for the second half of what's effectively a split shift, and stand next to you while you butcher Gibbons and Byrd. I'm going to try really hard not to PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE, you fucking choral terrorist.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH myslef for fucking up stuff.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH People who think the best way to emphasize stuff online is to TYPE IT ALL IN CAPITALS.

[ 17. June 2013, 07:22: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH prying old biddies in town who have decided that because I have been seen having lunch in a restaurant on several occasions with men who are not my husband, I am either cheating on my husband or we are splitting up. FFS, its lunch! How the fuck does eating a grilled cheese sandwich with someone come close to adultery?

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
People who begin their online posts with a derisive, patronizing, condescending, exhausted, you're-so-stupid-that-I-have-to-keep-repeating-myself-so-you-will-finally-understand-that-I'm-right:
*sigh*

----

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: Charles Saatchi.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think this worth more than TICTH.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
TICTH prying old biddies in town who have decided that because I have been seen having lunch in a restaurant on several occasions with men who are not my husband, I am either cheating on my husband or we are splitting up. FFS, its lunch! How the fuck does eating a grilled cheese sandwich with someone come close to adultery?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tezjznL9NzM

Something like this I imagine.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

ticth luggage handles that break. A long way from where I can take issue with the warranty. Which may not cover the handle anyway. [Mad]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
ticth luggage handles that break. A long way from where I can take issue with the warranty. Which may not cover the handle anyway. [Mad]

I never travel without my handy roll of duct tape.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Duct tape fixeth not a telescopic handle that is permanently stuck in the up position. TITCH useless suggestions from Hellhosts who discourage discussion by others.

[ 17. June 2013, 23:54: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oopsy. TICTH brain-fart minutes.

[ 18. June 2013, 05:09: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH not having a clue what else I can do to earn a crust. The chosen course is, once again, fucking me over.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH lame hell threads based on celebrities and newspaper articles. It's like watching Jersey Shore.

And we all know what happens when people watch Jersey Shore.

[ 18. June 2013, 13:07: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016