homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 21)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH threads with over a kilopost.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There you have something to hate now.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
TICTH the whole shitty experience of going to a bar for a drink if you're on your own. It's either too loud to strike up conversation, too dark to make eye contact or too sleazy for either of those notions to be appealing in the first place.

The bars in any city tend to be horrible during the gay pride weekend. I've always found San Francisco bars friendly than New York even before my friends bought bars there. It's the core of social alcoholics that make it possible to socialize as a visitor.
TICTH once a year public drinkers. We know about them for Christmas parties, Paddy's Day and birthdays. Looks like you get once a year gay public drinkers too.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The heat. Admittedly not bad by New York or Atlanta standards since sans a fair bit of the humidity but this area (Palo Alto) isn't suppose to get into the high 90s (Farenheit) and over 100 in some nearby places. And then it was raining, in late June!, earlier this week.

And at least it isn't Needles.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the lovely combination of tonsillitis, ear infection and conjunctivitis that is leaving me desiring a headectomy.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dishwashers. I'm still working on scrubbing the remains of the stickers off the front (and that's another thing to CTH - the immovable glutinity of those things) and already it's gone from sparkly clean glassware to dirtier-than-when-it-went-in.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Dishwashers. I'm still working on scrubbing the remains of the stickers off the front (and that's another thing to CTH - the immovable glutinity of those things)

"Turtle Wax Multi-Purpose Label & Sticker Remover" -- look for it at your favorite store.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH restaurant websites that don't tell you the address of the restaurant. (I'm talking to you, Thirsty Bear.)
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Amen, basso. Every business website should have its basic info on the home page. Forget the artsy-tartsy crap.)

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the garage that replaced the clutch on my car, they didn't replace the track rod end nut properly and it fell of on a busy road causing said car to come to a halt with a clonking sound. I'm just glad the traffic was slow moving.

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
TICTH restaurant websites that don't tell you the address of the restaurant. (I'm talking to you, Thirsty Bear.)

You mean this one? 661 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Telephone: (415) 974-0905

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
TICTH restaurant websites that don't tell you the address of the restaurant.

And TV ads that don't do same.

I can think of one restaurant (Joe's Crab Shack) and one furniture outlet (The Dump) for which we are subjected to incessant commercials but I don't have the slightest clue where either one is.

As if I were inclined to patronize them in the first place. Swelter in hell, Joe's Crab Shack and The Dump. [Mad]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... the idiocy that caused this mess:

quote:
Felony charges were dropped on Thursday against a 20-year-old University of Virginia student who says she panicked when undercover agents from the state's Alcohol Beverage Control division mistook her water purchase for beer.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...wildfires. We had 18 local firefighters killed today.

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
I can think of one restaurant (Joe's Crab Shack) and one furniture outlet (The Dump) for which we are subjected to incessant commercials but I don't have the slightest clue where either one is.

As if I were inclined to patronize them in the first place. Swelter in hell, Joe's Crab Shack and The Dump. [Mad]

Joe's Crab Shack is a many restaurant chain. I ate at one in San Diego. You're not missing much with your boycott. It may be like Sonic Drive-in here, where a local TV network is selling commercial time for restaurants that are in the area of a another station.

[ 01. July 2013, 06:50: Message edited by: Palimpsest ]

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the church where I have to play the Pastoral Symphony tonight. Yes it looks very pretty. Father Thingummy is a a nice guy. The acoustics OTOH are straight from the echo chamber of hell, ringing round and round and round for about five years and I can't hear a bloody thing.

Actually that's not quite true. I also CTH the trombone section for blowing those things so bloody loud that the whole orchestra has turned into one incoherent great mass of tromboniness.

(For all I know it might sound quite nice from the point of view of the audience but sitting in the cello section is going to be misery.)

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm granting your trombones a reprieve from Hell. If one section is TOO LOUD it is the conductors' fault. So on your behalf I consign conductors to Hell, all of them.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH poison ivy and the rainy weather.

Poison ivy has popped up at several places in my yard, and I want to spray it with herbicide. However, the herbicide needs twenty-four hours in contact with dry leaves. The weather is not cooperating.

Here is the forecast from this NWS site.
quote:
an area of upper level low pressure will remain west of the mountains over the next few days keeping a deep southerly flow of tropical moisture across the region. This combined with weak upper level disturbances will result in rounds of heavy rain producing showers and thunderstorms through late in the week.
Meanwhile the poison ivy is happily lapping up all that moisture.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who don't pick up after their dogs. When I'm Emperor of the Universe and Supreme Dictator of the Cosmos they will be made to clean up kids' shitted trainers with their tongues.

And swallow.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How the fuck are we supposed to "deliver at pace*" when our managers refer everything up the line to their managers? It's a month since we presented our report, per requirements, on time and under budget and have they signed it off? Have they buggery. I expect Vince Cable will have to see it before anyone dares to give us the OK.

I consign the lot of them to Hell. Including Vince.

*one of the new-fangled Civil Service competences.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH The section of the city council here that grants building permits. They have been proved to be incompetent in that they have approved the building of unsafe structures.

FFS over a hundred people were killed in an unsafe building here in 2011. Are they trying for a new record [Mad]

This has also led to further delays in getting the city rebuilt.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DonLogan2
Shipmate
# 15608

- Posted      Profile for DonLogan2   Email DonLogan2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Warren Gatland, what are you doing man? You have dragged Welsh rugby from the doldrums and took the majority of your finely tuned team to Oz then you select the teams each week by rolling a dice?
What are you thinking man!
(Gatland fans may throw me into the fiery furnace if the Lions win on Saturday, but I`m not holding my breath)

--------------------
“I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth... "

Posts: 359 | From: the very depths | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who go to conferences and tweet every other sentence.

I don't want to stop following you, but in the balancing act between your personal tweets and your undiscerning spew of conference tweets, you are losing.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the comments made regarding when (not if) I would have children and how little time I have left (I'm 32). My fertility, heck, my life, is not your business and I resent being encouraged / lectured / talked to in a way I can only describe as agricultural. [Mad]

--------------------
The Amazing Chronoscope

Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huntress:
TICTH the comments made regarding when (not if) I would have children and how little time I have left (I'm 32). My fertility, heck, my life, is not your business and I resent being encouraged / lectured / talked to in a way I can only describe as agricultural. [Mad]

I sympathise entirely. Any and all people making such comments should be loaded into a cannon and shot into the sun. [Mad]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you [Smile] Especially when such comments are also addressed to my other half at the same event reminding him he is the 'only hope of grandchildren' for his parents. So that's two of us under pressure. [Mad]

[ 03. July 2013, 17:26: Message edited by: Huntress ]

--------------------
The Amazing Chronoscope

Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH - lymphedema/lymphoedema again. Yes - I do know that it's better than the cancer and I do know it's much better than being dead, but I'd feel better if you just let me have a quiet, harmless moan about it now and then. I may laugh about it eventually, but not yet (see below).

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
I'd feel better if you just let me have a quiet, harmless moan about it now and then.

That's what we're here for, sunshine. moan away.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my business partner once again. My bartender actually picked me up and carried me out the door to prevent a Very Ugly Scene from happening on a busy night. He is going to ge horse cussed like no one else in history has been horse cussed....

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH a stupid misunderstanding and walking on eggshells. Screw dating right now, I'd rather walk on sunshine.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Huntress:
he is the 'only hope of grandchildren' for his parents.

It's a happy coincidence that the Spanish word for grandson is nieto. I remember it by the mnemonic "Just say nyet to grandchildren."

--------------------

PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
TICTH the church where I have to play the Pastoral Symphony tonight. Yes it looks very pretty. Father Thingummy is a a nice guy. The acoustics OTOH are straight from the echo chamber of hell, ringing round and round and round for about five years and I can't hear a bloody thing.

Ideal for Bruckner, then!

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huntress--

Perhaps point them to one of those "sponsor a child" charities? If they went for it, would take pressure off you, help a kid, and keep *them* busy.
[Biased]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My goodness gracious, there's a lot of sympathy and advice (except for comet, not talking about you, love - that was merely directional)

Perhaps this thread has run its course? Must meditate on the matter.

[ 04. July 2013, 12:45: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH migraines.

I had TWO fucking cocktails last night, neither of them had wine or cider in them, and now I need to expend one of my precious sumatriptan on stopping the fucking migraine that is beginning to bubble out of my head and make me feel sick and squished, and starting to make my head pound. Bastard bastard bastard thing. I want to mash it with a big masher.
Evil spawn of a swamp thing. Cocking hell. Fuck it all.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH all the idiots shooting off fireworks -- they're illegal for a reason, assholes. There will be lovely fireworks at the Queen Mary this evening, and no one thinks you're cool because you're shooting off noisemakers right now.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will second Luvanddaisy's TITCH now I have some verbal skills back.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH people who can't follow simple instructions.

To the people concerned (who fortunately don't read ship of fools and this is as generic as it comes anyway): Yes, I may have made a shed-load of money out of your incompetence both this week and last week, but I would really appreciate when my side of something works faultlessly, not having to bug-fix yours, particularly when I had most of this week ring-fenced to work on some personal stuff, not on fixing the fact that you can't do your job. Particularly when I have given you short, simple, patient instructions on how to do your side of it. I'm sure your boss (who I am charging by the nose, I am a free-lance consultant, after all, and when I demonstrated the product every bloody time for the last six months with upgrades requested by you idiots to fix other problems caused by your incompetence, I have been faultless and hit every deadline) is as unhappy with your idiocy as I am.

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll consign the local idiots who are letting off fireworks in the foggy afternoon. And leading the contingent are my neighbors who thoughtfully take their children down and away from their cars and in front of mine to let off the sparklers.

Mark Twain had it right.

“Statistics show that we lose more fools on this day than in all the other days of the year put together. This proves, by the number left in stock, that one Fourth of July per year is now inadequate, the country has grown so.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Charity - you know I support you, or I wouldn't have been giving you money all these years. I know you would like me to give you more, and to that end will spend quite a long time working through your script for the call. I've explained to you before why I won't respond to this approach. I've told you on each of the four occasions you've phoned in the last couple of weeks that I don't want to even start the whole tedious exchange. Once more and the hungry, blind, oppressed kittens of Africa will have to get by without my support.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Agree - indeed I have told them that if they ever send a begging letter or phone call, i will cancel my standing order and never give to them again.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The hospital trying to send my grandfather home despite the fact that he is still having unexplained hallucinations, small seizures, sleeping constantly and is only just starting to beat the pneumonia, and despite the fact that my granny clearly cannot cope with it.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
I will second Luvanddaisy's TITCH now I have some verbal skills back.

Jengie

There is also no need for them to spread out over several days. I was good and took it yesterday why does it think this evening is time for nausea etc.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

I third the TICTH for migraines. I keep wanting to be able to take my body apart for DIY repairs.

Right now, mid-migraine, the worst is the basilar part, which involves the base of my head and down into my neck.
[brick wall]

I'll happily donate each of my migraines to politicians who are against the Affordable Health Care Act. For educational purposes, of course.
[Two face]

--------------------

Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the fascists who think talking (no, not shouting!) in a train's 'Quiet Carriage' constitutes a breach of the rules....

[ 06. July 2013, 12:46: Message edited by: Yam-pk ]

Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

TICTH Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club, which is in charge of Trent Bridge cricket ground for banning Billy Cooper's trumpet.

All the Australian grounds allowed Billy to blow his trumpet on the last tour, now Notts CCC are hiding behind a "long standing policy decision".

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH that deranged macaroni salad I purchased two days ago, and which gave my grandmother and myself food poisoning last night.

I further call to Hell the supermarket I bought it at, you've been renovating like crazy and you obviously had a temperature fault. And your work keeps me up at night because you're just across the street and you're working at 11PM!

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yam-pk:
TICTH the fascists who think talking (no, not shouting!) in a train's 'Quiet Carriage' constitutes a breach of the rules....

Seconded

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH - aftershocks that wake me in the small hours of the morning. They alaways seem bigger in the dark [Frown]

And I slept in thus missing my bus to church. Bugger!

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my incompetence and distraction, which may cost me one hundred and ten of your earth pounds in late fees.

Bollocks.....

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016