homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 23)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ad Orientem:
Those who spend more than twenty seconds withdrawing their money at the cash machine. Are you printing the fucking money?

It's that "Do you want a receipt? Think carefully about the future of the planet before you answer this question" - gets me every time.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I timed myself yesterday. Got out under 45 seconds without a receipt. Ad Orientem, you probably left yours, and your card, behind. Twat.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I timed myself yesterday. Got out under 45 seconds without a receipt. Ad Orientem, you probably left yours, and your card, behind. Twat.

It depends if you're ahead of Ad Orientem or not. He's driving the car behind you at the traffic lights who hits the horn if you don't move within a nanosecond of the lights going red and amber, let alone green.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Put card in machine. 2 seconds. Type pin number. 3 seconds. Type amount of cash to be withdrawn. 3 seconds. Receipt? Never! No. 2 seconds. Wait for cash. 4-5 seconds. Take cash and card. 2 seconds. Done!

[ 18. July 2013, 11:55: Message edited by: Ad Orientem ]

Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

It depends if you're ahead of Ad Orientem or not. He's driving the car behind you at the traffic lights who hits the horn if you don't move within a nanosecond of the lights going red and amber, let alone green.
Somefink like that, yeah. [Biased]
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Put card in machine. 2 seconds. Type pin number. 3 seconds. Type amount of cash to be withdrawn. 3 seconds. Receipt? Never! No. 2 seconds. Wait for cash. 4-5 seconds. Take cash and card. 2 seconds. Done!
"Pin number" - bit of tautology there.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

You forgot the waiting for the machine to move on to the next stage in the process, you tit.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
quote:

You forgot the waiting for the machine to move on to the next stage in the process, you tit.
Maybe the cash machines are just faster over here. I swear it never takes me more than 20 seconds.
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but nobody calls it a pi number, do they?
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And U@ has the redundancy of referring to an "ATM Machine" in Moment of Surrender.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but nobody calls it a pi number, do they?
What's wrong with just plain pin?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...Yeah, but nobody calls it a pi number, do they? [/QB]
They do now. Thank you, Ad Orientem.

[ 18. July 2013, 21:48: Message edited by: Stercus Tauri ]

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lady sitting in front of me on the bus: I really don't want your hair in my face as you wave it about trying to tie it into braids. Shouldn't you be doing that in front of a mirror at home? And I hate to tell you, but the end result looks like you braided your hair on the bus rather than in front of a mirror.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Those who spend more than twenty seconds withdrawing their money at the cash machine. Are you printing the fucking money? Once the time limit has expired the machine should discharge a severe electric shock.

Those who are impatient with people who cannot meet their anal retentive timelines for using electronic devices. -- If you don't like people STAY THE HELL AT HOME.

This I raise after accompanying an 86 year old, visually impaired man who was trying to independently manage the bank machine. Electric shocks indeed.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH summer colds - especially the one that rendered me immobile yesterday. Having a temperature during a heatwave is not something I ever want to repeat. And I also condemn myself TH for letting myself get run down and stressed enough to get sick.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

These days, ATMs are really electronic banking interfaces. I have deposited che(ck|que)s at ATMs, printed bank statements, paid bills, ordered replacement checks, and basically done almost anything I can do in a bank (including obtaining cash).

Most of these things take longer than grabbing a fistful of twenties.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh for the love of fuck. I am considering killing myself by stuffing myself into an ATM Machine slot and pushing my PIN number repeatedly.See what y'all did? Made me express suicidal ideations and shit.

Also:

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
If you don't like people STAY THE HELL AT HOME.

Are you nuts? Pete'd never leave the house. Think before you proscribe.

Now, can you please, please, by Allah the Merciful, can it with the Peanuts pitcher's mound symposium? It really sucks when we lose Hell Hosts for weeks at a time due to eyeball hemorrhaging.

[ 19. July 2013, 06:41: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

quote:
Originally posted by Leorning Cniht:
quote:

These days, ATMs are really electronic banking interfaces. I have deposited che(ck|que)s at ATMs, printed bank statements, paid bills, ordered replacement checks, and basically done almost anything I can do in a bank (including obtaining cash).

Most of these things take longer than grabbing a fistful of twenties.

That's what internet banking is for, innit?

TICTH humidity, because it wreaks such havoc on my permanent wave.

[ 19. July 2013, 06:47: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

TICTH humidity, because it wreaks such havoc on my permanent wave.

Keep your rollers in 24 hours a day. Sleep with head over the end of the bed. Only way.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sergius-Melli
Shipmate
# 17462

- Posted      Profile for Sergius-Melli   Email Sergius-Melli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: The MU, or certainly the local branch of it. After having had a Sanctuary lamp banned by order of the PCC (because a little red candle that was barely noticeable was 'distracting' to them), I'm back to waging war on the placement of their banner, which is over large and takes focus away from the Altar when in the Sanctuary, but they will have it no other way.

Stop being so arsy about your banner and go do something that is actually worthwhile in our community!

Posts: 722 | From: Sneaking across Welsh hill and dale with a thurible in hand | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

Someone edited my post.
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Someone edited my post.

Careful. That was Kelly, she's an Admin and she has an axe.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH laptop computer screens. Mine has developed two blind spots that look like cockroaches lined up one behind the other, ever so slowly growing as they wait for their next meal.

I'm either going to have to replace the screen (not a do-it-yourself task by any means), buy an external monitor to use when at home (but what about when I travel?), buy a new laptop, or learn to live with the cockroaches. [Frown]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Queues. Everywhere. Worse in hot weather. Traffic; shops; garden centres.
Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thought about starting a separate thread for this, but too despondent to muster up the necessary venom.
Australia deserves to be called to Hell today. For this disgraceful policy, which continues our violations of the human rights of asylum seekers in our region.
TICTH our useless government for trying to act tough prior to the upcoming election.
TICTH our vicious opposition, for doing their best to distort the facts on asylum seekers coming to Australia.
And, finally, TICTH the electorate, who apparently welcome these abhorrent measures.
The shame. [Waterworks]

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
quote:
Someone edited my post.

Careful. That was Kelly, she's an Admin and she has an axe.
Sorry about that. I was punchy last night.

Not gonna change it back, though because I can't stop giggling every time I read it.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the fucked-up systems at So Cal Edison. Level pay plan, my fat white ass! When SCE doesn't make it high enough, I have to pay a big bill at the end of the year. When they make it too high, the amount I'm over-paying just goes up and up and up.

And while I'm at it, whoever it was that came up with the great idea for people to get a break on their electric bill for agreeing to turn their A/C to 78 (or whatever, I don't know) can get fucked. How about a break for those of us who have never had A/C? In this climate if you live in a properly built building, you only need A/C if you're very old or very sick. There ought to be a huge tax on the goddamned A/C units in the first place.

And if you don't live in a property built building, MOVE!

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
slugs
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Someone edited my post.

Which bit?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH TESCO (unoriginal, I know)
Why?
Because they have decided to discontinue - with no notice - the only laundry detergent that was proven to be effective against MRSA, C.diff, HSN1, etc, etc {Halo non-bio laundry detergent).

Reason? Because it was a 'slow mover' and 'there are other products available'.

First, there is NOTHING else that works as well.
Second, it moves slowly because there is a limited market for such things - but they're people with compromised immune systems, on chemotherapy, transplant patients, premature babies, etc.

Yes, can be bought on-line but I don't necessarily want to buy a box of 6 at a time. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sergius-Melli
Shipmate
# 17462

- Posted      Profile for Sergius-Melli   Email Sergius-Melli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the second time in two days ICTH the bloody local branch of the MU... I'm beyond angry to properly vent...
Posts: 722 | From: Sneaking across Welsh hill and dale with a thurible in hand | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
Thought about starting a separate thread for this, but too despondent to muster up the necessary venom.
Australia deserves to be called to Hell today. For this disgraceful policy, which continues our violations of the human rights of asylum seekers in our region.
TICTH our useless government for trying to act tough prior to the upcoming election.
TICTH our vicious opposition, for doing their best to distort the facts on asylum seekers coming to Australia.
And, finally, TICTH the electorate, who apparently welcome these abhorrent measures.
The shame. [Waterworks]

I'm not consigning them to Hell. I'd rather send them to an off shore processing centre on Naru, Christmas Island or PNG. Much more effective, and probably more hellish.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:

Yes, can be bought on-line but I don't necessarily want to buy a box of 6 at a time. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

It keeps for a while, you know...
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Listen God, next time You create a world make it out of something solid so there are no more fucking earthquakes .

Thanks ever so.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good call, Athrawes.
Huia [Votive]

TICTH the myths about asylum seekers that have been spread around, either by our governments or media - or both. They are so entrenched that so many of our people - otherwise decent sorts - accept them as gospel.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Listen God, next time You create a world make it out of something solid so there are no more fucking earthquakes .

Thanks ever so.

Huia

[Votive] Amen and Amen. I spent three of the best weeks of my life in NZ a few years back. It doesn't deserve this.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had to wait five minutes at Walmart (which I already hae) to have a manager validate that I was over 18 so I could buy a 97c bottle of white-out.

If you're 17 they'll let you drive a car and you can probably get into the army without much trouble, but try to correct typographical fuckups and we all lose our minds!

So to the kids who decided to huff fumes from office supplies, TICTH. Learn to get drunk and smoke a bowl like we did in our youth.

Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
People who can't do their own simple little jobs. Two lists of new students starting in September, apparently saved within one minute of each other. Do they match? Course not. And neither matches the 'New Student' list. Or the 'All Student' list. Tell me please how I'm supposed to know who to contact with registration information so that I can do my own simple little job... [Mad]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the current arrangements for access to platform 12 at New Street Station in Birmingham. In order to buy a magazine while I was there I had to go through four ticket barriers. However the thing that really got my goat was the sight of a disabled woman on crutches struggling with the stairs that were the only access to and egress from platform 12 and the fact that she would have to travel a good distance once at the top in order to be able to sit down. The only seating is in the other section of the New Street Station, the one through two sets of ticket barriers.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How can one consign New Street Station to Hell? Isn't the "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" sign over the side entrance a Clue?

(As is the easy access from all parts of the Kingdom...)

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
How can one consign New Street Station to Hell? Isn't the "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" sign over the side entrance a Clue?

(As is the easy access from all parts of the Kingdom...)

I'll be going through New Street Station next Friday. It is the most difficult train station I've ever encountered.
[Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
However the thing that really got my goat was the sight of a disabled woman on crutches struggling with the stairs that were the only access to and egress from platform 12 and the fact that she would have to travel a good distance once at the top in order to be able to sit down. The only seating is in the other section of the New Street Station, the one through two sets of ticket barriers.

I know they're redoing BNS, but surely they haven't blocked off the lifts?
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Platform 12 is the exception to every rule (maybe apart from platform 1).

Right for ease of communication I am talking "old" and "new" concourses.

Access to the "old" concourse is totally by steps. Access to the "new" concourse is by a single lift. There are no other accesses. The single lift from the "new" concourse was broken.

All other platforms have 2 set of steps and lifts to both concourses plus an escalator with one set of steps at least.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Perhaps a discussion of platform 9-3/4 could be held elsewhere?

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the hoopla over the birth of another royal brat.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH OK! magazine and their front pages which only a day after the Duchess of Cambridge gives birth, is all about 'losing the baby weight'.

For.Fuck's.Sake.

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Just posted by me on that subject on FB:

"So, from the comments I am reading, the following thoughts emerge:
1. Women hate this shit
2. Men hate this shit
3. So, who are they writing this shit for?"

and:

"Her most important job right now is participating in the neurologically vital process of bonding with her kid, which, you think the higher brain function of a future monarch would be important to people."

That is all.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH:
All the fucking morons who seem to be trying to fill my daughter's head with vapid bullshit. Yes, she does have a vagina, but no that doesn't actually mean that everything you give her has to be related to decorating herself. For fuck's sake, why would a 5 year old need a purse, let alone two? You freaks even gave her a marker set with pink, dark pink, baby blue, light green and purple to decorate her purse with. Have to make sure she doesn't have any unfeminine colors like red or orange or yellow huh. Next you'll give her that pen for women perhaps? I particularly loved the person who seems to be apologizing for giving her a clever word game that involves reading "My son picked that. But (brightly) I gave her the bracelet!" Well, guess what my 1yo son is much more interested in the bracelet than she is--it's shiny! On the other hand, my girl and I were laughing our asses off over the sentence game. She's has more things than she needs, that's sure not the problem, but every effing person who was not a Best Friend* or family member gave her a uber-girly thing. Amusing since she's as likely to wear camo as fairy-princess gear**, so they surely didn't get her tastes.

*the people she claims to be married to
**I like when she wears them both together.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

That has got to be one of the most awesome things I have ever read on this thread.

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
TICTH:
All the fucking morons who seem to be trying to fill my daughter's head with vapid bullshit. Yes, she does have a vagina, but no that doesn't actually mean that everything you give her has to be related to decorating herself.

The small vagina-owners in my house seem to enjoy decorating themselves - it's a rare day when they're not covered in paint, markers, or possibly food and/or mud.

And stamps - all the kids at music class like getting an inked stamp on their hand at the end of class, but some like having every available inch of skin covered with the things. Guess which kind I have?

Oh, and stick-on "tattoos". They don't care what it is - they'd wear an endorsement for a local politician or business as happily as a cartoon character or cute girly flower thing.

But bracelets, purses, hair clips and other girly-girl stuff? That gets in the way of actually doing stuff.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016