homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 27)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Amnesia Personified

If you say that you are going to do something important for a fellow human being....just damn well do it. Don't prattabout offering ineffective excuses. YOU are the adult in this situation. ManUp. Apologise. Write the damn thing. Then go have a coffee and just get over it.

I would like to be able to look you in the eye and smile the next time we meet, not snarl and rip your face off.

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the woman who greeted me at the church door with, "Hey, we need to get you into some clothes that show off your cute little self! I'm gonna take you in hand!"

It's 89 degrees F. I've been going through menopause for more than two years now. I don't have AC at home or in my car, and if I'm lucky the AC at work will function well enough to keep the temperature in my office below 80. So yeah, I'm wearing a large, loose-fitting cotton dress that I didn't iron this morning because I'm too fucking hot to wear anything else.

I don't need you to take me in hand. I know how to dress. But I am not here to decorate the world, and sometimes I just don't give a shit.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the common cold virus. I mean, in the week I'm moving house? Are you fucking kidding?

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too Adeodatus. It's years since I've had one and I'm out of practice at dealing with them.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ruth W

You have my sympathies.

A friend with a whippet-thin sister has been constantly belittled by same for years for her dress sense.

How I cheered when at a recent wedding the sister yelled across a lawn "K, what on earth are you wearing" and friend responded "Clothes - and at 58 you should wear some too, not just a few wisps of cloth" [Snigger]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stupid fucking ex-"wife" or girlfriend or whatever the fuck... who spent her money on pot and pills to dull her non-existent pain... but couldn't be bothered with taking two of her FIVE cats to the vet for emergency asthma treatments...

One of her cats, barely two years old died a few hours ago on our living room floor because she couldn't breathe and her tongue was turning black. Selfish, idiotic fucking bitch of ex-girlfriend said SHE was going to kill herself because she was so upset at her cat's death. Yeah, because that would really help the situation. Fucking moron! I had to pack up her dead cat and put the poor thing in a cardboard box... ohhh, shit, I fucking hate people who get animals and then don't care for them... so, today, go to Hell, K., you joke! [Mad]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Television networks like Animal Planet and Discovery that are sold as educational but will tell us a parcel of overblown lies just to get ratings. Now all the gullible people in America will believe that mermaids are real for the rest of their lives and any attempt to set them straight will be met with, "That's what the government wants you to think!"
Link.

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH David Bruce B.A., M.Mus for producing a copy of Beethoven's Fur Elise in 6/8 time rather than 3/4.

You might not all know the difference, but a person claiming to have a music degree bloody well should.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
TICTH David Bruce B.A., M.Mus for producing a copy of Beethoven's Fur Elise in 6/8 time rather than 3/4.

You might not all know the difference, but a person claiming to have a music degree bloody well should.

Put it this way: Do you want a waltz, or the typical country song, to sound uncannily like an Irish jig or Scottish country dancing?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just hummed it through in 6/8 and it sounds uncannily reminiscent of the theme tune for Tales of the Unexpected, for those with long memories.

[ 03. September 2013, 11:42: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

TITCH those idiots who think Fur Elise is either in 6/8 or 3/4. It's in neither, it's in 3/8 with the theme running in semi-quavers rather than in any timing that would use quavers for the theme. Yes it's in three not six, but they're bloody quavers not crotchets. As shown in the original copy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beethoven_WoO_59_Erstausgabe.png
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by MarsmanTJ:
quote:

TITCH those idiots who think Fur Elise is either in 6/8 or 3/4. It's in neither, it's in 3/8 with the theme running in semi-quavers rather than in any timing that would use quavers for the theme. Yes it's in three not six, but they're bloody quavers not crotchets. As shown in the original copy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beethoven_WoO_59_Erstausgabe.png
Sigh. True. But 3/4 is merely 3/8 written in double note values, it doesn't change the nature of the composition. I just know off the top of my head without consulting a score that the thing is supposed to be in simple triple time, not compound duple!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sod this faffing around with time signatures- I'm just condemning Beethoven's Fur Elise to Hell.

If it's not the thousandth Grade 4 student stumbling through it, leaving me wanting to stab my eyes with needles rather than listen to it being massacred or repeating patiently, yet again, "Count carefully, dear" it's the "Hold" music. There's a whole world of classical music out there, why the hell does it have to be Fur Elise, Rondo Alla Turcia or the sodding Four Seasons

Yes, I have a much wider repertoire of piano music under my fingers, and a wealth of other music that's so much more fun to teach. But, does anyone ever get enthusiastic about that? No, they don't. Fur Elise every time.

[Stomps off to play Bach very loudly, because now, I've got Fur Elise as an earworm.]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
fine

Thank you

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Surely, if you're going to play Bach angrily and loudly, it should be the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor? (Hope that's the right one--the stormy one, sometimes used in suspense/horror films.}

Igor, set up the lightning rod! I'll get the Jiffy Pop popcorn. Mwahahahaha!

Oh, and TICTH extreme musical pedanticism.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who take advantage of other people's good nature to make unreasonable demands on them

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Surely, if you're going to play Bach angrily and loudly, it should be the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor? (Hope that's the right one--the stormy one, sometimes used in suspense/horror films.}

You mean the one which is attributed to Bach but which many scholars think is not really by Bach. Meaning that one can play it quite angrily, but probably not be playing Bach angrily no matter how angrily one plays it.

quote:

I wouldn't call it extreme...

--------------------

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Surely you mean pedantry?
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

TICTH Australian Christians who get in a tizz over the suggestion that the Bible can be used to justify slavery, and ignore centuries of their forebear's history to assert that it's obvious the Bible is against slavery, in the same way that it's obvious the Bible is against same sex marriage.

I was thinking about going back to church soon. I'm not sure I want any kind of association with you folk right now. Seriously. It's not because you disagree with me on particular issues, it's because you're so goddamn THICK and have allowed your brains to rot inside a bunch of platitudes.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Igor, set up the lightning rod! I'll get the Jiffy Pop popcorn. Mwahahahaha!

I think you mean the Bach as arranged by Stokowski version.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Job interviews over the frigging phone. Waiting when I should be having a beer or three in the midst of a conference.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
orfeo: TICTH David Bruce B.A., M.Mus for producing a copy of Beethoven's Fur Elise in 6/8 time rather than 3/4.
quote:
MarsmanTJ: TITCH those idiots who think Fur Elise is either in 6/8 or 3/4.
For the correct rhythmical rendering of Für Elise, see here [Snigger]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Stop it

I am getting crotchety. No more musical pedantry, pedanticism or discussions here, or there won't be a here on which to have one-off whinges.

Thank you

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
First Bus - for changing most of the routes and times of their cervices but not getting any timetables printed.

We are directed to their website - which is impossible to navigate.

We are becoming like rural India - where you simply turn up in the expectation that a bus will turn up sometime during the day.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
First Bus - for changing most of the routes and times of their cervices

Right c*nts then.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH garden slugs.

Eww eww eeewwwww whatthefuck?!? Ewwwwww...

Gardening up north was so much nicer. Much less gross. When it's moose eating your cabbages, it's much less likely you'll accidentally grab them and smear them all over yourself.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
TICTH garden slugs.

Eww eww eeewwwww whatthefuck?!? Ewwwwww...

Gardening up north was so much nicer. Much less gross. When it's moose eating your cabbages, it's much less likely you'll accidentally grab them and smear them all over yourself.

You think regular slugs are gross (and I agree) - as usual, Australia takes everything to extremes...see here for pink slugs - and they're twenty-fucking-centimetres long!

(url replaced by host. That's one disgusting slug.)

[ 04. September 2013, 23:40: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

*Plans next road trip*

--------------------

Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Pacific Banana Slug (Ariolimax columbianus) is even larger, up to 25 cm, and its range extends into Alaska, unlike the pink one. That will give Comet something to look forward to if it isn't what she has encountered already.

But, as garden pests go, moose tastes better.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This thread is like a freaking Bing commercial

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
First Bus - for changing most of the routes and times of their cervices

Right c*nts then.
[Overused]
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Armpits. Useless, stupid pieces of anatomy. And deodorant, of which I have discovered yet another one to which I am allergic.

While I'm at it, sinuses. What earthly use are they? Except to hurt when weather changes. or fill up with snot and boogers.

Oh hell, and nipples on men. Completely nonsensical and idiot. Are they worse than moustaches on women? crud. back to itchy flaming armpits festering pustules

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for that, Carex. Blech! The garden can damn well harvest itself.
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:

Oh hell, and nipples on men. Completely nonsensical and idiot. Are they worse than moustaches on women? crud.

Handy little erogenous zones, though. [Smile]

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Armpits. Useless, stupid pieces of anatomy.

You imagine how useless your arms would be without them, sunshine.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Sunshine in hell? WTBJ?? [Axe murder]
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my local public library and its "modernization." Gone are the long drawers full of little cards threaded onto metal rods. Now we have 6 computers on which to search the fr*gging c*t*log.

As of old, you can search by author, title, or subject. What you cannot do, though, is tell what fr*gging format the item's in, or who published it, or how many pages or minutes long the item is, or what the item might cross-reference to. All you can find out is whether the library has the thing and whether it's checked out or not.

So now we have to slog all over the damn place, with its multiple rooms and floors (no elevator), lugging all the books we've already found (because the 6 computers now occupy the convenient table where we used to be able to stash our gleanings while searching for additional items on other floors), only to discover that the items we're looking for are useless to us because (if we're deaf) they're audiotapes; (if we're blind), they're movies; and (if we have poor vision), they're not in large print.

PUT THE DAMN INFORMATION ON THE &$!@#!COMPUTER!!!

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

HELLOOOOO twenty years ago!

Where you been, Porridge? Even here in Upper Bumfuck, AK we made that switch awhile ago.

Suck it up.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

comet, I don't think Porridge is especially upset by computerisation, only at how badly it has been done. I'm sure it was a SNAFU down your way at first.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The people making the decisions which affect users like Porridge are motivated by the appearance of saving money and salesmen, not any real knowledge or understanding. For this they should be Condemned to Hell Every Single Day.

[ 05. September 2013, 18:29: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I miss card catalogs, too.

There are advantages to a computer-based catalog, sure: speed, searching. finding out whether the book is in, and the ease of placing holds.

But the system can be very slow, or go down altogether. With a card catalog, the main concern is making sure the metal rod is tightened when you take the drawer out. Otherwise, if you spill or drop the drawer, you'll have cards all over the floor.

Plus we're physical beings; and IMHO using an aromatic, tangible card catalog is a better experience than using the computerized version.

It would be nice to have both versions.

TICTH making good things go away.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't care if it's cards or computers or on mind-melding crystal balls from the Horsehead Galaxy.

I want the damn INFORMATION about it. Who published the thing? How many pages long is it? How long does it run? What FORMAT is it in? Does it come in paperback or hardcover? And I want that information ABOUT it so I know whether it's worth my time and effort to slog up three flights of stairs lugging a dozen books LOOKING for it only to discover, after finding it, that I can't USE the effing thing.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nicholson Baker has written at length about the losses caused by the conversion from card catalogs. At least you don't have the problems San Francisco did. When they built their pretty new library they didn't include much space for books and so had to throw away a fair part of their collection.

As for coping, bring a smart phone and check Google or amazon for bibliographic details. It's not like the libraries cares about books much anymore.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
effing fed up. utterly utterly.

grown up kids and sodding job.

it can all fuck off righteously and let me get some sodding sleep.

fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sunshine in hell? WTBJ?? [Axe murder]
I tried to look up what the hell WTBJ meant and all I got was a religious radio station in Alabama. Don't make me guess what you meant. You won't like the guesses.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

What the Bejesus. or Blessed Jesus if you prefer the full version.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Armpits. Useless, stupid pieces of anatomy. And deodorant, of which I have discovered yet another one to which I am allergic.

Handy little erogenous zones though, if you don't ruin them with deodorant. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

TICTH weddings. And the idiot young people who have them. A bigass bloody show like this should be put together by level-headed grown-ups, not wet-behind-the-ears monkeys who really have no business getting married in the first place.

And on that note, TICTH everyone under 25. Maybe 30.

Pardon me while I go rip out my last two hairs.

--------------------

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I consign to Heck Virgin Trains online seat booking service. Whenever I ask for a window seat, I get a seat next to a blank bit of wall. I have twice asked for a seat next to a socket; the first time I actually was next to a socket - which did not work. Today my seat was nowhere near a socket but was next to that bloody blank bit of wall. [Mad]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
TICTH weddings. And the idiot young people who have them. A bigass bloody show like this should be put together by level-headed grown-ups, not wet-behind-the-ears monkeys who really have no business getting married in the first place.

And on that note, TICTH everyone under 25. Maybe 30.

Pardon me while I go rip out my last two hairs.

I was 20 and my wife 21 when we got married. We did let her mother do most of the planning, however. And I've still not joined the ranks of the aged over-30s.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Then, sir, please remove yourself from comet's lawn.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016