homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 33)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Which part of 'VERY short sighted' did you not understand? My maximum focal distance is about 3 inches.

So is mine. Close-up really is close-up.
ditto. I can just remember a play reading for which, in true happy clappy church style, the script was projected onto a screen such that only those with batting averages better than 40 (test cricket) or 0.300 (major league baseball) could see. That was well worth consigning to Hell. I backed out with a headache, it descended to a fiasco and the play never happened. Thank God for tender mercies.

Still, I can get splinters out.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH incompetent idiots who apparently cannot read information on official documents.

In this instance, said idiot got my name very wrong... and now I have to go through all kinds of hoops to prove that I am who I say I am (Ms. Kasra XYZ) not who they think I am (Ms Katie ABC).

Grrrr. I barely have time to eat and sleep, how the hell am I supposed to make time for this one?

K

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Which part of 'VERY short sighted' did you not understand? My maximum focal distance is about 3 inches.

So is mine. Close-up really is close-up.
ditto. I can just remember a play reading for which, in true happy clappy church style, the script was projected onto a screen such that only those with batting averages better than 40 (test cricket) or 0.300 (major league baseball) could see. That was well worth consigning to Hell. I backed out with a headache, it descended to a fiasco and the play never happened. Thank God for tender mercies.

Still, I can get splinters out.

Does time spent in hell exacerbate myopia????

*worries about his own prescription*

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

One good thing about my cataract surgery is that the implanted lens left me with a glasses prescription of -1.50 rather than the 3.50 I had before the surgery.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
S'alright orfeo, you apparently get long sighted as you get older. So eventually you'll be back to good vision [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mind you, you'll have forgotten what you're looking at.
Still if you're a half full ...um... damnit, you drink out of them... shit... oh well, you know what I mean, person, then it's all good.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Todays post is brought to you by procrastination and the letters I D G A F F.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
S'alright orfeo, you apparently get long sighted as you get older. So eventually you'll be back to good vision [Big Grin]

... for about a fortnight.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Todays post is brought to you by procrastination and the letters I D G A F F.

Me, neither!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Today is brought to you by procrastination and the letters I D G A F F.

changed to better reflect my day.

TICTH students who are involved in every after school activity all at once. especially the nerdy ones. so when the honor choir travels, I've got no kids in my drama and debate practice.

further, anxiety attacks. mine and everyone else's. fuck that.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:

further, anxiety attacks. mine and everyone else's. fuck that.

Timely, and appreciated. [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who show up on Youtube links just to dislike a song. If you don't like it, why are you clicking on the damn link? It's not a matter of national policy, it's a damn song! All you do is give the people who actually showed up to listen to it a chance to laugh at your silly ass for such a wasted gesture.

Also-- any asshole who doesn't like Louis Jordan's "Choo Choo Ch-Boogie" clearly has problems. I stand firm on that one. Fuck all six of you.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I wish I could Consign To Hell 14-month-old girls¹ who need more-than-expected amounts of sedative, such that they almost rip out their IV. And manage the most piteous cries before lolling hideously in the grip of chemically-induced slumber.

But I cannot. Obviously.

¹ Who also have me wrapped around their little finger, and whose suffering I feel amplified.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hell is too good for them.
I rarely read the comments, there will be trolls. Should be a corollary to Godwin's law.
Godwin's Youtube Corollary:
As an comment column grows longer, the probability of an appearance of a comment troll approaches 1

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Today I wish I could Consign To Hell 14-month-old girls¹ who need more-than-expected amounts of sedative, such that they almost rip out their IV. And manage the most piteous cries before lolling hideously in the grip of chemically-induced slumber.

But I cannot. Obviously.

¹ Who also have me wrapped around their little finger, and whose suffering I feel amplified.

Jesus. [Frown]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whatever is making RooK's baby suffer.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

Other than RooK of course.

Best wishes to you all and my prayers to my imaginary friend on your behalf.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
One good thing about my cataract surgery is that the implanted lens left me with a glasses prescription of -1.50 rather than the 3.50 I had before the surgery.

Moo

3.50?

This is what I'm talking about. Bloody amateurs who know nothing about the big leagues. And celebrate no longer being at 3.50.

I'd kill for 3.50. My good eye is -7.00 with contact lenses and over -8 with glasses.

[ 19. October 2013, 05:59: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh RooK - I hope your daughter gets better soon.

And Orfeo, I'm with you on this (my prescription is -7.00L and -8.00R too) I've worn glasses since I was 8 and contact lenses since 15. A family who keeps telling me I look so much better wearing contact lenses does not help when I bloody know that, but conjunctivitis (or whatever) means it ain't an option. And actually, if I'm going to wear lenses next week, my eyes do need a day off to recover (hard gas-permeable lenses).

It's a total myth that presbyopia improves myopia. It helps some people with slightly short sighted eyes, briefly. The rest of us will get the joy of bifocals.

Before anyone suggests laser surgery again (sodding family), last time I checked it gives unreliable results for prescriptions above about -3.00 to -4.00 and anyone with a prescription above that will still be wearing glasses after surgery of the eyes. And ... it is likely to cause more problems when presbyopia sets in in middle age.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:

Moo

3.50?

This is what I'm talking about. Bloody amateurs who know nothing about the big leagues. And celebrate no longer being at 3.50.

I'd kill for 3.50. My good eye is -7.00 with contact lenses and over -8 with glasses.

Don't know if it helps but when I used to work in an eye hospital I used to fit contact lenses to patients with over -20.00 . So could be worse...

And on your behalf I shall now CTH people who try to make you feel better by pointing out that there are other people worse off than yourself!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

And Orfeo, I'm with you on this (my prescription is -7.00L and -8.00R too) I've worn glasses since I was 8

My exact RX and age of first glasses. I've always had two "looks," the one for work/school/dates in contacts and the one at home and on the weekends in glasses. The rude comments in both directions are amazing. A neighbor will see me in contacts for the first time and say, "Oh you look gorgeous, I never liked to say anything but those glasses were awful! Like coke bottles! We always used to wonder why you didn't get laser surgery or something. No offense but you look like a different person -- the other one was, eek!"

But I wont consign them to Hell, today, I'll save that for things that make our little ones sick.
[Votive] RooKs' baby.

Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since we're outdoing each other in glasses prescription strengths, I should join in, as mine are strong enough to get free sight tests - this happens once you get to -10. Mine reached -10 around ten years ago - I remember the optician telling me he had good news and bad news. Bad news was that my eyes were bad enough for free sight tests - and that was the good news too!

I can't wear contacts - my eyes are too dry and I find them way too uncomfortable. And because I have Irlen tints on my glasses, I can't have the high index thinned lenses either - so I just get really tiny frames to reduce the thickness as much as possible (also reduces my peripheral vision though!).

So yeah, I'll consign to hell the folks who tell me how much better I look without my glasses. As if I exist for their aesthetic pleasure anyway!

Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Oh, if only. It's been a long time since I was able to say that... I'm with Fineline in the double-figures league, and trust me you don't want to be part of this select club. There are a whole bunch of visual annoyances that can go with being very short-sighted. I can still wear lenses, mercifully, and will do so for as long as I can.

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
It's a total myth that presbyopia improves myopia. It helps some people with slightly short sighted eyes, briefly. The rest of us will get the joy of bifocals.

No, it isn't a total myth, and I can confirm this first-hand. Though progress is slow; at this rate, fingers crossed, I should be back where I started from in time for, oh, about my 120th birthday.

Anyway, while I'm here, TICTH smartphones that eat all your pay-as-you-go credit overnight while turned off.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Hostly Advisory

Q: Is this a dodgy eyesight thread strayed from All Saints thanks to the old tub's crappy software?
A: No, it's TICTH making one of its periodic tangents.

Which shall end, now.

Sioni Sais
Friendly Hellhost

(Yes, I know I've contributed, and I'm sorry.)

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To use an emoticon that seeems rather overused in Hell at the moment: [Overused]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Hell section of the Ship for being so fucking boring.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

no argument from me. but we're not here for your entertainment, you know. step the fuck up and contribute.

[ 20. October 2013, 00:38: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the idjit Boy Scout leaders who purposely toppled a rock formation in Goblin Canyon (?) in Utah.

They were stupid enough to film themselves, and post to YouTube.

I hope the Scouts fire them, ban them for life, and take away any previous awards. (E.g., Eagle Scouts, if they were.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hear-fucking-hear.

Assholes.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
no argument from me. but we're not here for your entertainment, you know. step the fuck up and contribute.

Ask not what your hell-board can do for you — ask what you can do for your hell-board.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH - those people (and I'm looking directly at my ex) who take their fears, problems, and insecurity out on innocent bystanders who are just as scared, troubled and insecure as they are.

To clarify, my ex-husband is dating one of my best friends. I've loved this woman since before he ever met her, since he and I were still together. She cried in my arms tonight because of his reaction to a situation that has nothing whatsoever to do with him. My friend is worried to death cause she lost her job. working like hell to find a new one and he's also out of work, but doing nothing to find himself empolyment. So 'cause he's going to lose his house in a tax auction, and can't afford to buy smokes, he's going to act like a total asshat and scream at her because she won't say another mutual friend of our is a slut...WTF.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who, despite being told that they cannot access the hearing aid loop system if they sit in the back row of pews, insist on sitting in said back row and then complaining that they cannot hear.

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
TICTH the idjit Boy Scout leaders who purposely toppled a rock formation in Goblin Canyon (?) in Utah.

These guys have received so much hatred I'm starting to feel sorry for them. After all it's not as though they used bull dozers or dynamite. Aren't the actions of male rednecks at play as much a part of natural evolutionary change as mountain goats and weather?
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Screw you Mr. Lawnmower, you can stay in the shed for that.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people with mobility problems who book themselves onto a holiday clearly described as not recommended for those with walking difficulties, requiring a good degree of fitness, stamina and independent mobility, with clear descriptions of the sort of activity required, and then spend the holiday complaining because it is all so difficult, holding up the rest of the group, and wanting first choice of seats and accommodation.

Likewise the people who book themselves onto a holiday clearly tailored for particular interests, have no knowledge of or interest in said topics, do not bring the necessary equipment, and spend their time complaining that the activities are boring and only cater for people who are interested in the topics/activities the holiday was designed for. [Mad]

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Today is World Mission Sunday. Except, it seems, on the Ship which has apparently declared it Crip Bashing Day. And Adult Scout leader bashing day (although I rather suspect Bulldog and friends deserve the opprobrium, the movement, itself, in this case, does not.)

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Well nobody was bashing the movement. Yep, just read up and checked again, nobody was bashing the movement. In fact the movement itself is expressing horror at the two poor, maligned adult leader's actions. So maybe the movement should be bashed for joining in the oppression of these poor, maligned doofuses.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH clergy who protect their own days off, but who do not respect mine.

I, too, work six days a week, so don't pull the hard done to "I only get one day off" one on me. I will deal with your calls and e-mails on the six days I am available, but on the seventh, I will not.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Except, it seems, on the Ship which has apparently declared it Crip Bashing Day.

Looks more like Unrealistic Expectations And/Or Assessment Of Own Abilities Bashing Day to me.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aching sinuses, sore throats and diarrhea. The first two because I have them, the third because I don't but because it is spelled ridiculously.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pete--

I never said anything against Scouting, or Scout leaders in general. Just the jerks involved in this situation. And I wanted Scouting HQ to punish them.

I think there's a lot of good in the Boy Scouts program. It has very serious, well-known problems in a couple of areas, but those don't pertain to this situation.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Bambi, his mom, his dad and all his white-tailed bretheren, several of which jumped out of a fencerow by the road, causing my young friend to jerk his steering wheel, hit a ditch and roll his vehicle. He's ok, the vehicle is totalled and I'm counting the days til hunting season...deer suck!

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He's done some nice things for me recently and I wanted to return the favor. We were to meet for drinks this evening. He set the date/time himself. He was to call if there was a change of plans. He never called, he never showed. To hell with him.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Pete--

I never said anything against Scouting, or Scout leaders in general. Just the jerks involved in this situation. And I wanted Scouting HQ to punish them.

I think there's a lot of good in the Boy Scouts program. It has very serious, well-known problems in a couple of areas, but those don't pertain to this situation.

And now we find the fucking tosser had filed suit last month detailing injuries and chronic pain after an accident four years ago. Yet still had the strength to topple a boulder. Bastard.
The Boy Scouts may be good as a group, this man is not.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who expect wildlife to go to road safety classes so they learn not to run out in front of fast moving vehicles.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Necks
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A problem with your vertebrae, dear?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
TICTH people who expect wildlife to go to road safety classes so they learn not to run out in front of fast moving vehicles.

You're thinking of the Tufty Club, not the Bambi Club.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stupid rabbits.

Ugh...Tango and I went out for his morning poop at 6am. Of course it is pitch black but he has Doggie Super Vision (tm) and goes into his "prey sighted" stance. He sneaks up, and up, and the barely visible furry object by the fence does not move. Then he starts to sniff it. Hmmm?? What I have to deal with now, when I get back for lunch, is a really, really stupid rabbit that tried to get through the chain link sometime last night rather than go under the gate like all of his compadres. Blech!!

Tango did not scare the bunny into running, it was long dead when we saw it this morning and it was coming into the yard.

Also to the Hell Hosts, I apologize for my previous comment. I was in one pissy mood and reading Hell didn't help. Sorry.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Fluffy mascots and sincere apologies. Sheesh. This place is losing all its mojo.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016