homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 34)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
Stupid rabbits.

Ugh...Tango and I went out for his morning poop at 6am. Of course it is pitch black but he has Doggie Super Vision (tm) and goes into his "prey sighted" stance. He sneaks up, and up, and the barely visible furry object by the fence does not move. Then he starts to sniff it. Hmmm?? What I have to deal with now, when I get back for lunch, is a really, really stupid rabbit that tried to get through the chain link sometime last night rather than go under the gate like all of his compadres. Blech!!

Tango did not scare the bunny into running, it was long dead when we saw it this morning and it was coming into the yard.

Also to the Hell Hosts, I apologize for my previous comment. I was in one pissy mood and reading Hell didn't help. Sorry.

Please tell me Tango is your dog and not, say, a beloved uncle.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, my 90 lbs Golden Retriever. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thats big for a golden retriever, even a dog.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH incompetent people in any position of management. Mostly middle management. One of middle management at my work who not only HAS the stuff I need to do my job in stock, but clearly (at a meeting with me and my boss) has told us that I can have it, has failed, for nearly two weeks now, to give me a time when I can meet him at his office to collect it, because HE PERSONALLY has to see me take it, he can't even let one of his lackeys give it to me. And yet other members of staff wonder why I haven't achieved one of our stated aims for three weeks ago. Fortunately my boss knows the truth, but I'm sick and tired of not being productive due to other people's incomptency. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH preparing for a colonoscopy. I haven't even started the yucky part yet, but I'm starving here, not being allowed to eat anything today because of the procedure tomorrow. (And the doctor told me prep is "so much easier" now than when I did this 10 years ago.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Before I address this, I need to ask, why is it I never hear english Shipmates complaining about the horrific commute problems created by Undergroud strikes? Because I am not gonna hate on the strikers, but deeply suspect I need to CTH the general inefficiency of the San Francisco transit system, as compared with, oh, the rest of the world.

Even Mexico City has a better subway grid than we do.

See?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
English shipmates bitch about their commutes all the time -- maybe you've just missed it.

As for subway grids, do you really think the Bay Area subway grid is worse than ours down here in La La Land? Bear in mind that the subway line that heads straight in the direction of the airport takes a hard left turn before it gets there.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1. Yeah, I guess I've missed it.
2. The fuck? Ok, you win.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the fucked up medical and pharmaceutical system in the US that has me seriously considering buying illegal meds from other countries. Something I know plenty of people do, but I've shied away from 'cause consequences. Now I'm looking. I know we're supposedly fixing it all but not soon enough, and not the stranglehold the drug companies have on the country. But dammit, I cant function without some help, so I may have to take some big risks. And it royally pisses me off. You all want me to be a productive member of society? Pay my fair share? Pull up my own fucking bootstraps? The meds mean I CAN! No meds mean I cant. Fuck you guys for forcing me into this!

(dear NSA internet scanning operatives: I'm just thinking about it, not actually doing it. Groceries come first. Move along. I am not the broke gimp droid you're looking for)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
English shipmates bitch about their commutes all the time -- maybe you've just missed it.

The "English spoken here" thread in AS is a fertile ground for these. Mostly the tone is a world-weary "Oh no, not Arriva/First Great Western/South Eastern Trains (or whatever) again". Then there's bitching about overcrowded roads and the price of fuel (typically £1.40 a litre).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH [again] fucking allergies!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Re: LA public transport:

My cello teacher is Romanian. He told me he thought the public transport in LA was worse than in Communist Romania.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Even Mexico City has a better subway grid than we do.

Mexico City's subway is actually quite good. Except for the vendors who bombard you non-stop.

Which brings me to CTH people who can't get it through their heads that certain forms of attention-getting don't make people more likely to notice, but rather highly unlikely.

Among these I number not only the subway vendors, but people who put throwaways (that's exactly what they are) under the windshield wipers of parked cars, and people who attempt to hand you things on the street.

Not to mention TV commercials for products, the decision to use which, should not be in the hands of the consumer in the first place (i.e., prescription medications).

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the braided hose on the "out" side of the hot water tank, which at 22:00 tonight decided to start doing impressions of the world's greatest fountains. Tank is now shut off. No showers until the hardware store opens in the morning. Hope everybody's got deodorant.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH - people who are so class-obsessed they blame anything and everything on class discrimination.

At a bereavement group I've just been told that it the death of my other-half just before A levels was "easier for your children because you're middle-class" : WTF is that about?

When I tried to challenge I was told that "middle-class people like you don't feel emotions the way we do because we're always being discriminated against".

Great: if you're middle-class you have no feelings and life is just one long breeze - like an Anna Neagle & Michael Wilding movie no doubt.

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
I was told that "middle-class people like you don't feel emotions the way we do because we're always being discriminated against".

Yep, that's the new thinking. From Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor,
"A wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If by "new thinking" you mean "something she said over a decade ago, before she was appointed to the Supreme Court", sure.

Self-serving bias is perhaps the definition of "old thinking", isn't it? I mean, it is 99% of the foundation of patriotism and religion.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH Microsoft's Secure Download Manager. It isn't hard to download software normally. Why have I had to download this 8 GB piece of software FOUR times (twice at work, and twice at home) to get a non-corrupted copy.
Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my MiL. I was contemplating matricide, but have decided to downgrade to "lock in closet in Siberia for 100years and feed only bread and water".

Interfering old bat. Recent interference meant a small boy (2yrs old) crying himself to sleep (TWO HOURS OF TEARS!) because his favorite toy has been mislaid - MiL felt it incumbent on her to come into our house and tidy his room. Can she remember where she put the toy in question? No. Can I find it, after an hour of searching? Right back at you with the No. Is it heartbreaking listening to a little boy sobbing his heart out because of missing toy? Yes. Poor kid thinks his world has ended. It's an expensive replica of a piece of his Daddy's heavy machinery, so I've not duplicated it - I just leave it in the same place all the time, so we know where it is.

AND she dares tell me he's "undisciplined". What manner of idiot takes said 2yr old to a wedding, expects him to sit still and quiet, when he's missed his nap (makes him hyper) and been fed stupid amounts of wedding cake (= sugar high on top of the hyper and overtired). No, MiL, YOU made a series of bad decisions. Don't even start on me about my parenting skills. Could he be better at sitting still - sure. Did you impose a set of unreasonable expectations on him - yes.

I'm still so angry with her. She'd better stay the hell out of my way until I've got a better grip on my temper...

Kx

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Kasra

When you find it (pray God its soon) can I make a suggestion?

After the first 24 hours when he'll refuse to part with it, talk to him about THE TOY having a place to hide and then the next time when MiL comes go with him to help THE TOY into its hiding place.

If its a replica of something to do with her beloved son's work has she put it in his home office (or garage or shed) - somewhere she would associated in her mind with "masculine" things? Just a thought...

--------------------

Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the acid reflux I have. You can add my tinnitus and sensitive chest as well. And the middle class.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
If by "new thinking" you mean "something she said over a decade ago, before she was appointed to the Supreme Court", sure.

Self-serving bias is perhaps the definition of "old thinking", isn't it? I mean, it is 99% of the foundation of patriotism and religion.

If by "self-serving bias" you mean a bias against racist, sexist thinking, that says certain ethnic groups, economic groups or genders have the monopoly on compassion and sensitivity then, yes, I'm biased. I imagine the reason she cut out that kind of line from her public speech is because, during the SC nomination, she finally got called on them. I can't see the "self-serving," part though; I'm not a rich, old, white man.
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
If by "self-serving bias" you mean a bias against racist, sexist thinking, that says certain ethnic groups, economic groups or genders have the monopoly on compassion and sensitivity then, yes, I'm biased.

No, moron. I was referring to Sotomayor's not-particularly-wise statement. And Republicans.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
[QUOTE]
Not to mention TV commercials for products, the decision to use which, should not be in the hands of the consumer in the first place (i.e., prescription medications).

The decision to use prescription medications or not should always be in the hands of the consumer, one would just hope that the consumers' decision was based on medical advice and informed research of the evidence base not on television advertisements.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH boss who gives me make-work nonchargeable-time assignments in the library, and then, once I am down sitting on the floor working in a tiny little aisle about 2 feet wide, decides to walk DOWN the freakin' tiny aisle toward me (over me?) to get to something ten feet past me. Which he could easily have accessed by going down a parallel aisle and crossing over. But no, it was more fun to make me struggle to my feet, back up seven feet, step into the adjoining aisle, circle the whole bloody unit, and return to my original position. Because already-standing bosses shouldn't have to back up two count-em feet.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hell is a supermarket at 6pm on payday with almost no staff and a massive number of customers queued at the 'self-service' checkouts.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Hell is a supermarket at 6pm on payday with almost no staff and a massive number of customers queued at the 'self-service' checkouts.

I could say something about people who shop at 6pm on a payday, which is probably when shop staff have gone shopping. But that would be wrong.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

I could say something about people who shop at 6pm on a payday, which is probably when shop staff have gone shopping. But that would be wrong.
If they want to open between 9am and 5pm then I'll shop between 9am and 5pm. But if they advertise themselves as being open before and after standard business hours it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduce that those people working 'normal' hours will avail themselves of the ability to go into the supermarket on the way from work.

I could say something about people who haven't noticed that the supermarkets are far busier at that time of day than they are in the middle of the day. But that would be wrong.

[ 24. October 2013, 10:07: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the senior manager cunt at work who has refused to even consider my grievance about the lack of support at work because it was only for a short period. Three months of being made to feel so depressed and anxious I can hardly leave the house and been signed off sick doesn't feel like a short period to me. He wants to 'move on' apparently. I just want to feel safe going to work. The cunting fuckpig clearly has no concept of what it is to try to work with a mental illness and with absolutely no support at all despite desperately begging other managers for help. What the fuck do they want from me?

[ 24. October 2013, 12:39: Message edited by: chive ]

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Complainers about the elderly people at cashiers who take a little more time to find their cards or coins. If you don't like people, stay the hell at home.

Impatience will kill you, and should kill you.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

- Posted      Profile for Meerkat   Email Meerkat       Edit/delete post 
No prophet, I can understand your hellishness regarding complainers on that subject and fully empathise with those of us who are slower mentally or physically and cannot work as fast as some others. What do we achieve by being 'first'? Like with driving, the fast ones are just the first at the head of the next queue!

However, if we know that we are a little slower, we can prepare by getting our coins or notes or cards ready in our pockets, rather than leaving the whole tedious process to the last minute when the shopping (for example) is all packed away. The 'in and out of shopping bag, handbag and purse' scenario is one which I have seen repeated squillions of times and can easily be avoided.

I have even managed to train my mother to 'be prepared' and she loves being able to metaphorically stick up a finger at those behind her who think she is going to be slow! [Big Grin] She was 83 last week and physically as fit as the average 60 year old. Not so good mentally, sometimes!

--------------------
Simples!

Posts: 160 | From: Herts, UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, telling them to "get ready" doesn't cut it. We're talking shopping cart, mittens or gloves, hat, groceries, wallet or purse. You are required to put your own groceries up on the conveyor, then move the cart to where they may bag your groceries, and you're supposed to rush to the payment station, manage all the crap you're carrying? I'm an able bodied middle aged person and I have to hurry. And I have kept people waiting myself.

No. The impatient ones need to be told off. And I do. Like this: make eye contact, ask "are you having a bad day?". This either results in shutting up or I get a positive reaction. I have been told off in such circumstances, and that's when others get aggressive against Ms or Mr tight-panties.

Is there a Christian way to wait in a payment queue at a store? Dunno. But I know about the bastarddevilish one which is intolerant of humans.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH...the people behind me in local supermarket checkout queues who "tut" when i can't work out whether to finalise my bag packing, pay the cashier or pick up what i have inveriably dropped somehow.

You can all go and drop off the edge of your flat earth. I can not multi task right now and no amount of training, tutting, sighing or helpful conversations will help ANY of us.

So STFU and get over yourselves. Try smiling, or heavens above talking amongst yourselves. Who knows you might learn something.

thank you and good night

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

How encouraging it is to see all these posts about queueing lined up one behind the other.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

nickel
Shipmate
# 8363

- Posted      Profile for nickel   Email nickel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a little over 21 months left until I'm eligible to retire, and TICHT ever working a full 8 hours on a Friday again! I've got plenty of leave built up, so just not gonna do it. I'm going to take at least 15 minutes, if not a full hour, off every blessed Friday from now til I turn in the retirement paperwork. Yay weekend!
Posts: 547 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the program coordinator who clearly yearns to manage a bunch of managers who've been doing just fine for months and months with no supervisor. We meet. We bring up our issues. We decide together how to handle them. We tell Upper Management what we decided. We implement. Result? We're all meeting budget targets, ISPs & monthly reports are in on time, staff discipline issues & incident reports have decreased, and client compliance has increased. Nothing's gone wrong in a donkey's age aside from the normal difficulties posed by clients who have MMIs.

You, Madam Supe Wannabe, OTOH, with your total of 3 entire months' experience with the agency, not to mention responsibility for overseeing only financial & budgetary matters and no client-related issues, can damn well stop trying to "train" me by ordering me to comply with your directions which directly conflict with long-standing & highly-effective agency policies and by fucking ordering me to read a "new employees' agency training manual which I fucking wrote the year I joined the agency.

You can also stop fucking calling me on the one Sunday afternoon I've had off this month.

Asshole.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my brother-in-law. His 86-year-old mother asked him to pick up a torch battery in case she has a power cut during the storm (which is apparently heading directly for her). He decided that they were too expensive, so just didn't.

She will now have to rely on a candle to go up and down steps if she needs to go to the bathroom and has no electricity.

He is far from poor, but it wasn't even his money that he was refusing to spend.

I could mention him putting 15 Watt bulbs in his sons' bedside lamps too, but I won't because it makes me too angry.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the obsessive desire to post every fucking thing online. Post what you will of your own, you narcissistic toads, but leave me out of it! If I want my private life posted I will fucking do it.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I click on a news article I don't want a bloody video clip. I know how to read. And I'm not in a position to download bandwidth-eating megabytes, or to plug in earphones. I just want to read the sodding article. If I wanted to watch television I'd be doing so.

And the same is true of online recipes and other things. I don't want a bloated video tutorial with an annoying commentator that I have to sit through for several minutes and have to replay to make notes from or fast-forward through the useless bits of. I just want something simple I can print for handy reference. Is that really asking so much?

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I join your TICTH, Ariel - abso-fucking-lutely spot on! They can stuff their gratuitous videos right up theirs! [Mad]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

.. and if you MUST include a video, make sure it is paused when it cues up so the viewer doesn't get booted out of the library, or whatever. Sheesh.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

TICTH fucking giraffes.

I'm sorry, call the Fun Police on me. They just creep me out for some reason.

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hear, hear.

Why do I have to waste 7 minutes of my life watching a news story I can read in 60 seconds!

And while we're at it, I am already paying for internet service. Why do I have to watch ADS!!!

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

The whole world of multimedia is evolving and developing, but here on the Ship we love our plain text.

Right, point established. Now move along, please.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(sorry, man.) [Hot and Hormonal]

(He's right, TICTH has special rules, we need to tone down the tangents. Note I said "we.")

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

I'm above the rules because I'm better than the rest of you.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
TICTH fucking giraffes.

I'll bypass the obvious celibacy joke, and move straight on to mentioning how they have the same number of neck bones as other mammals: 7. Do you think that makes it easier or harder to break their necks? Or strangle them?
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You know, RooK, that kind of attitude will only inspire rebellion. And Junior hosting.

I don't care about strangling or snapping, I just want them to stop haunting my dreams/ Facebook page with their sinister leers.

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gathering together the themes of video links, rebellion, evil giraffes and an opportunity for junior hosting...

[ 29. October 2013, 05:30: Message edited by: mdijon ]

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RooK v Giraffe, I would back the long necked one over the red necked one.

Bad Ass Giraffes

Fly Safe

[ 29. October 2013, 09:11: Message edited by: Pyx_e ]

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Yeah, great, thanks Pyx_e. For a video not viewable in most countries. Although I think I've seen it on television anyway.

But enough with the giraffes. I've been thinking lately that this TICTH thread has been living for far too long. Maybe it's about time I closed it and forced you all to generate a proper thread about whatever thing is pissing you off, instead of piling it all up here.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016