homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aye, to hell with the bastards both at Apple and Google for this consequence of their silly war. There was an app and it works. it could be in the store now.
People, If you are going somewhere you've never been, cross check your map resources!

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Football (girly bladder kicking) and all its satanic imps and minions

[ 10. December 2012, 07:21: Message edited by: ExclamationMark ]

Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Re maps:

ALWAYS check multiple maps.

Years ago, there was a tragic case of a SF family up in snowy mountains. Whatever map they had (paper, IIRC) said that a backroad was open. Problem was, it was closed during the winter. They wound up getting very stuck, and the father died on the way to find help.

The family was eventually found. But IIRC finding was delayed because no one expected them to be on a closed road in the winter.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lorry drivers on 2 lane motorways who decide to overtake the lorry in front of them, the speed differential being officially “snail’s pace”, and therefor effectively bringing the speed of the M18 down to 55.1 mph for ten minutes or so.

Then they get to a hill and the lorry driver in lane 2 now finds HE is the slowest, and instead of braking and pulling in, he decides to wait for the lorry in lane 1 to pull ahead before he pulls in, thereby bringing the speed of the M18 down to 54.9 mph for another ten minutes.

Thank God for glass sunroofs, so they can see the obscene gesture I make as I go past! [Mad]

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And what, pray tell, is the speed limit of the M18?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
And what, pray tell, is the speed limit of the M18?

70 mph.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ta. Just wanted to know whether deano had some reasonable grounds for complaint, or whether he was going to deserve some of the withering scorn and contempt I reserve for people who believe that speed limits are mandatory minimums. Carry on.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the hidden sexism that assumes because women always want the nice interface, low-powered option in pink.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the absence of heck, which is probably more suitable, TICTH the NHS job application process, and particularly the 53-point "job description" that actually does not describe the job in any way at all, for that you have to go back to the advert...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH (again) earthquakes.

I was sitting here making snowflakes when this wee shake hit. Mag 2.90, but only 5 km deep and 4 kms as the crow flies, so not enough to damage anything except it juddered my mousing hand and now the start button on my computer is at the top right of my screen instead of the bottom left, which is a bit disconcerting.

The cat didn't even bother to wake up.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did it mess up your snowflake??? [Mad]
Just not right.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Deer. They walk across highways, get hit by cars and die, and the driver has them come in the windshield injuring them physically and psychologically. I know we have too much snow so they are looking for easier ways to walk, so also TICTH gun laws that have discouraged deer hunting, and snow itself also TICTH.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH anthropocentrism.

[ 12. December 2012, 15:36: Message edited by: Rosa Winkel ]

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH snot.

Of all the miraculous things my body can do, creating copious amounts of snot is one I can do without.

Pass the tissues.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
TICTH snot.

Of all the miraculous things my body can do, creating copious amounts of snot is one I can do without.

Pass the tissues.

Can you clear it out like footballers do? With one finger closing off a nostril and then a good blow? I can't do it. It just goes down my chin and stuff.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Michigan state legislature and governor.

Here's what they did. Not to mention shutting out all the protesters and not listening to the people. Of course, it's not a Democratic government at the moment, so you can't expect democracy.

Prop 2 (which would've made a move like this illegal) failed because there were so many proposed constitutional amendments on the ballot, that most voters just voted "no" on all of them. Now this idiotic and misnamed "right-to-work" law, which eviscerates unions, is irrevocable and the people cannot vote on it.

Motherfuckers.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
TICTH snot.

Pass the tissues.

Can you clear it out like footballers do? With one finger closing off a nostril and then a good blow? I can't do it. It just goes down my chin and stuff.
That's called blowing your nose. Most people do it into a tissue. Give that a try.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

TICTH the disingenuous shits selling pretty stickers for cigarette packets and saying they are giving back "choice" to smokers.

Excuse me? So, for decades and decades, people had to buy their cigarettes in whatever packaging the ciagrette company chose, but now that they have to buy their cigarettes in whatever packing the GOVERNMENT chooses, suddenly consumer choice about decorating the packet is an important principle?

[ 12. December 2012, 23:53: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the cyclist who nearly ran me over this morning, from behind, on the pavement.

Get back on the road where you belong, you fucking twat.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my wife's work who yesterday quite casually cancelled her leave for this afternoon, meaning she's unable to go to our daughter's nativity play at school. (While allowing someone else to keep their afternoon's leave for the same reason, even though they booked it later...).

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH News International for giving Rebekah Brooks an eleven million pound payoff after they closed the News of the World.

btw, she's a redhead, but that has nothing to do with it.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

The missus. Well actually her Christmas prezzie list! My list for her contained nothing that couldn’t be bought over the Internet. Her list contains stuff that I've actually got to go into shops for. Clothes and such like!

I loathe shopping in actual shops.

I might try to bribe my daughter, but she'll propbably take the bribe money and still grass me up to the missus anyway.

--------------------

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Get on 'train to Meadowhell and really hate it properly.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Its those people you might have to meet or talk to. Smelly, unpedictable things. Much better to spend your life in an airconditioned box and oly talk to machines . You confirm my feeling that a lot of right-wing politics is just the outworking of hate. If you don't like people you will try to arrange the world so they can't come near you.

[ 13. December 2012, 13:58: Message edited by: ken ]

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH WW1. At least, I think that's where the trouble started. If a generation of Edinburgh tradesmen hadn't died in the trenches, then maybe this house wouldn't have been gerrybuilt with green timber, indifferent brickwork and a roof designed to move heat from inside to outside as briskly as possible. And I would not be - despite central heating - so sodding cold and raked with draughts the whole sodding time.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stejjie:
TICTH my wife's work who yesterday quite casually cancelled her leave for this afternoon, meaning she's unable to go to our daughter's nativity play at school. (While allowing someone else to keep their afternoon's leave for the same reason, even though they booked it later...).

Is there mercy or clemency here? Can I redeem someone I've called/condemned/consigned to hell? If so, I wish to un-call my wife's work, as they did let her have the afternoon off work after all (and praised her for her forbearance when she agreed without kicking up a fuss). So she could go, she was happy, older daughter was happy and there was love, peace, hallelujahs and Fabergé eggs all round.

If I can't un-call them, could the flames be at least turned down a little bit for them?

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Is there mercy or clemency here? Can I redeem someone I've called/condemned/consigned to hell? If so, I wish to un-call my wife's work, as they did let her have the afternoon off work after all (and praised her for her forbearance when she agreed without kicking up a fuss). So she could go, she was happy, older daughter was happy and there was love, peace, hallelujahs and Fabergé eggs all round.

If I can't un-call them, could the flames be at least turned down a little bit for them?

I won't for a moment claim that the Hell Call had any say in your wife getting the afternoon off*, and we don't remove posts, but thanks for letting us know so we can concentrate our vitriol on those subjects that deserve it.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

*mind you, Mrs Sioni (and often me too) attended nativity plays and Christmas concerts for over twenty years. You'll be grateful for a hardball employer one day.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
TICTH WW1. At least, I think that's where the trouble started. If a generation of Edinburgh tradesmen hadn't died in the trenches, then maybe this house wouldn't have been gerrybuilt with green timber, indifferent brickwork and a roof designed to move heat from inside to outside as briskly as possible. And I would not be - despite central heating - so sodding cold and raked with draughts the whole sodding time.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

$?&%€! I blame Steve Jobs coming back to haunt my iPad as I've typed less than complimentary things about apple on it.

Meant to say:

tsk It is called character. Too bad it is not a wee bit older, tourists would pay to see it.

Then meant to delete it as I am not always as funny as I think I am.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If it were a bit older, it would be stone-built like the ones on the other side of the street, with doors that fit.

And if I were a bit younger, I would not mind it.

Bah!

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

- Posted      Profile for ToujoursDan   Email ToujoursDan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH co-workers who know that vacation can't be carried over to the new year, wait until the last minute, and dump all their unresolved issues and work on me so they can take it now. (Merry fucking Christmas to this loser who vacationed in July.)

There should be a policy that ensures everyone can't take their vacation all at once. Oh wait! There is, but the carry-over policy overrides it.

[ 13. December 2012, 16:45: Message edited by: ToujoursDan ]

--------------------
"Many people say I embarrass them with my humility" - Archbishop Peter Akinola
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/toujoursdan

Posts: 3734 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Sounds to me like your big problem isn't your co-workers, your big problem is a bloody stupid rule.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Sounds to me like your big problem isn't your co-workers, your big problem is a bloody stupid rule.

Plus managers who don't.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck....

Yet another fucking school shooting in the US...

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck....

Yet another fucking school shooting in the US...

Words fail.

[Votive]

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just a reminder that sympathy is in All Saints. For those wishing to vent further, there is a new Hell thread started. Thanks.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chancel tax.

I mean what the fuck?

What's it got to do with me if some church roof needs repairs. Apparently even atheists are not immune from this.
Looks like we will have to take out expensive insurance cover.

I feel sorry for the farm owners who are more or less going to be sued for payment they can't afford over this by the church of england.

Bastards.

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the dodgy theology used by a fairly senior local clergyman who justified the Lottery by saying that St Mathias was chosen by lot, so Lotteries are in the Bible.
(Apologies if you do the Lottery)

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my sister, who chose yesterday (my husband's birthday) to text me about which of us will have Mother over for Christmas dinner. Mother is mentally ill, by the way, so neither of us are particularly close to her.

Why wait until now? Why not just pick up the bloody phone and talk to me? And why try stirring up an argument on his birthdaywhen you've had 12 other days in December to do it??? Or was that the point?

We're pretty much resigned to having Mother over at our house this year. However, Mother-in-Law will also be staying with us for the holidays. Being recently bereaved, she's not in a very good state, so it's not ideal to have my Mum there as well. My sister does know all this. [Mad]

Funny how it all went quiet when I said we'd have Mum on Christmas Day if she does New Year's Day!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear gossipy fake-nice buttmunch: I want to slap your face. Both of them.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I spent hours yesterday and today working on something in Photoshop with layers, gradients and all the rest of it. It's wanted for Monday morning. Just put the finishing touches to it and saved it as a jpg to see how it worked, and found on coming back to it that I'd also accidentally managed to save the psd file as one single file with all layers merged, before closing it, so nothing is editable and nothing can be recovered.

That's what, twelve hours' work or so on a quite slow pc. They'd better like the jpg, that's all I can say.

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
TICTH the cyclist who nearly ran me over this morning, from behind, on the pavement.

Damn, that's what I get for quibbling over the price.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my inability to sleep all night.....nothing else works so maybe calling it to hell will!!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH Wonga and all its animated matiness. If ever I saw the road to hell scattered with rosepetals, it's in those adverts.

Warning: this may or may not make sense to anyone outside the UK. For that I apologise.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TTICTH someone who has made a unilateral decision of importance and who totally refuses to discuss the decision at all. That it has devastated the lives of three other people, has no bearing on the decision or the refusal to discuss it at all.

[ 16. December 2012, 03:56: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by FooloftheShip:
TITCH Wonga and all its animated matiness. If ever I saw the road to hell scattered with rosepetals, it's in those adverts.

Warning: this may or may not make sense to anyone outside the UK. For that I apologise.

I'm inside the UK and it makes no sense. Not owning a TV pays off yet again.

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I get Wonga adverts on the sidebar of my computer. I concur in CTH.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
norovirus. Meant I missed end of term celebrations, nativity service and carol service and general fun. Also, it hurts to eat and drink but I am very hungry and thirsty. Tis not fair.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

- Posted      Profile for Mullygrub   Email Mullygrub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH all the well-meaning but totally conceited adults posting on Facepants today about how a person's worth is not in the score they get at the end of their (Australian) high school education.

Of course it's not.
They know that.
We know that.
You even knew it at the time of your own schooling's end. And with the exception of your wiser-than-thou conceit, you turned out okay. So lay off, kay? The kids'll be alright.

--------------------
Smurfs are weird. And so am I.

Posts: 634 | From: Melbskies | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who get upset at you when you call them the fuck out for posting every five fucking seconds another fucking thing about Sandy Hook because twenty years ago there was a shooting spree at your middle school and despite lots and lots of therapy it's really not the kind of thing you like reliving every time you open Facebook.

Also, fuckers posting graphics with bad theology can eat a bag of dicks in a fire.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016