homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Justinian:
TICTH the fuckwit on one of my webpages (I'm not linking) who's attempting to equate male circumcision with all forms of female genital mutilation and has been coming back to this issue for days.

There are men who believe that being circumcised has robbed them of sexual pleasure and psychologically scarred them for life.

I suspect what's robbed them of sexual pleasure is being the kind of whining self-centred wet blanket that no-one wants to be with.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You guys gotta get a couple things straight if you are going to have acceptable message board communications out there:

1. Nothing that happens to a woman is as important as anything that happens to a man. Even if there is a significant difference in measurable physical effect.

2. Whatever a man/ society/ whatever does to a woman, she probably had it coming in someway, shape or form,and

3. Why are we even wasting typographical characters on this anyway? It's just a woman.

Sorry, but I'm still really angry about the New Delhi stuff. Which I will formally CTH, in echo of others.) In pretty much every culture, century after century of teaching generation after generation of both genders that everything about a woman-- her talent, her intellect, her history, her accomplishments, her insight , her soul-- is absolutely secondary to her capacity to move someone's dick, and we're surprised when our young men follow through on that mindset? Man, our chickens are really coming home to roost. Women all over the Middle East are blowing their stacks. Arab Spring is going to look like a Tupperware party in comparison. Power to them.

Having said that, God bless the dozens of furious men who are currently lying down and blocking the streets of New Delhi in solidarity with the women of their community. Thank you ,and finally.

[ 30. December 2012, 09:14: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
In pretty much every culture, century after century of teaching generation after generation of both genders that everything about a woman-- her talent, her intellect, her history, her accomplishments, her insight , her soul-- is absolutely secondary to her capacity to move someone's dick, and we're surprised when our young men follow through on that mindset?

Karen Armstrong made the point in one of her books that centuries ago, the question of whether women even had souls had to be debated at a church council, and voted on. The vote went in favour that they did, but not by very many votes.

The young Indian woman was a medical student. She would have gone on to help sick people, especially in a country where doctors are really needed: all that training, all those hopes and good intentions just brutally and suddenly terminated. The news reports were saying there are about 14 rapes a day in Delhi and sexual harassment is an everyday fact.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And if we are going to discuss things on this thread, remember that there is an awfully grumpy Hellhost with an itchy finger looking at the H&A who are discussing. Take it to Purgatory, or start your own thread.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my sisters. Quit being selfish bitches and do what is right for your children! Why do I, the one who chose not to have children, need to be the responsible adult?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who get to the tops of escalators and STOP DEAD, luggage and all, while deciding where to go next. I can tell you where to go . . .

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH certain people in real life who are doing a very close equivalent to seeing a beat up, bleeding person on the side of the road, and then crossing to the other side to avoid him. What, you think good Samaritans run on this road every hour or so, like busses, so one will be along to deal with the basket case any minute now?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
TICTH people who get to the tops of escalators and STOP DEAD, luggage and all, while deciding where to go next. I can tell you where to go . . .

Abso-bloody-completely. Or who stop dead on the platform immediately on leaving the train with a full carriage behind them. Or who dawdle three abreast in the tunnel to the platform. Or who move their trolley in dream-like bliss across the packed aisle in the supermarket boxing one in.

In short, all the inconsiderate morons who walk/dawdle/stop their way through crowds as if only they exist.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
Or who stop dead on the platform immediately on leaving the train with a full carriage behind them. Or who dawdle three abreast in the tunnel to the platform. Or who move their trolley in dream-like bliss across the packed aisle in the supermarket boxing one in.

In short, all the inconsiderate morons who walk/dawdle/stop their way through crowds as if only they exist.

Not to mention the inconsiderate morons who have no patience to wait for people to get out of their way. I am sorry that I am not able bodied enough to get out of your way at your speed.

On second thoughts, no I am not.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
Or who stop dead on the platform immediately on leaving the train with a full carriage behind them. Or who dawdle three abreast in the tunnel to the platform. Or who move their trolley in dream-like bliss across the packed aisle in the supermarket boxing one in.

Not to mention the inconsiderate morons who have no patience to wait for people to get out of their way. I am sorry that I am not able bodied enough to get out of your way at your speed.

On second thoughts, no I am not.

Then try and avoid rush hour because most of the world want to get to work or home!

Sorry to be blunt, but if you are not sorry about slowing us up, then I don't see why we should be sorry for abusing you for slowing us up.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a big difference between those who cannot move quickly for physical reasons, and those who endanger others by stopping dead at the top or bottom of an escalator just because they're clueless.

(Speaking of clueless, deano, some of those who are slower because of disabilities need to get to work too.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you want to discuss stuff, move it elsewhere.

/ends broken record

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the people who dawdle around in supermarkets and shops blocking the aisles. I'd pay 10% more for any supermarket that had OAP and child free sessions ..... and I am parent/grandparent who is nearly an OAP
Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH our local council, who have given us no notification at all about when our bins will be emptied. Our usual day is Wednesday. We left our two wheelie bins out on Thursday, in case they came a day late, but nothing happened. Nothing on their website, no notes through the door - nothing.

Our recycling bin is full to bursting and the smaller rubbish bin is filling up fast. There are overflowing bins along the street; some have spilled over. Also lots of plastic bags, which are a temptation for pests.

I realise councils are having to save money, but surely they still have someone who could update the website? I work for a neighbouring council, which has posted a special web page and even managed to lay on some extra collections. Our lot are a disgrace.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the British media and anyone who still thinks it doesn't have a fundamental cultural problem. I just read about a photographer asking a child to cry for dead classmates because it would make a better picture. In 1966.

Turns out you've been a bunch of horrible inhuman arseholes for longer than I've been alive.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH those people who buy newspapers who's photographers have to ask children to cry to make better pictures, because the photographer knows it will sell more copies. Also those who watch media broadcasts that are similarly exploitative because they know that the viewers will suck it up and demand more.

So can those people stop buying newspapers and watching programmes that they like because they are encouraging exploitation in order to part them from their money.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
TICTH those people who buy newspapers whose photographers have to ask children to cry to make better pictures. . . . So can those people stop buying newspapers and watching programmes that they like because they are encouraging exploitation.

On a similar vein, ads that use children to hawk product.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who are, always and forever, in a rush. You know who you are. Every single day you oversleep, have that extra cuppa, watch five minutes too much of the Today show and then go out and enter the world at a dead heat.

You endanger the rest of us in traffic. You trip over old people, the disabled, and children. You curse at pedestrians who are exchanging pleasantries with others and drivers who are waiting until the intersection is clear before proceeding. You bark at bus drivers, cashiers, receptionists and bank tellers who are trying to do their jobs at normal, accurate speeds.

You tell them all, "I'm in a hurry!" Just as though lack of efficiency on your part constituted an emergency on their part. You make the world a more stressful place.

Start earlier.

deano
princess
# 12063

TICTH Clouds!

I received a pair of 10x50 binoculars to get back into astronomy as a hobby for Christmas and it's been cloudy ever since!

Clear up!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
the world may have ended while we weren't looking, because I can't agree with Twilight enough on her above post. If your life is that hectic, downsize. and I say this as a chronically over-volunteered person.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oi you. My now former boss.

I thought you were one of the good people. One of the precious few lawyers who isn't an inhuman shark. I thought we got on kind of well and appreciated and respected each other.

So yes, I'm pretty damn pissed off that you didn't ever quite get round to mentioning to me that you had resigned, until the Very. Same. Day that you walked out of the firm. Partly because it's bloody rude, and partly because if I'd known about it we could have done something to prevent you leaving a bloody unholy great mess behind you.

Because let's face it, archiving paper was never your forte, and now you've moved on with your life and here I am, left behind with sodding fifty boxes of débris to sort through that you never quite got round to organising in the last five years. And just looking at the overflowing boxes full of crap is making me lose the will to live.

Happy New Year to you as well. [Mad] [Waterworks]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stupid home sales "parties". [Mad]

I'd be delighted to attend your get-together to catch up with former co-workers IF I weren't expected to purchase mass quantities of overpriced cookware/tupperware/candles/jewellery/toys/gawdknowswhat, and I'm pissed off that I seem to hold more value to you as a potential customer than as a friend. In truth, I'm kind of relieved tht you're freezing me out if I'm only admitted into your presence after displaying my chequebook.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
beatmenace
Shipmate
# 16955

- Posted      Profile for beatmenace   Email beatmenace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TCTH the two 'sleb' mags on the newsstand this morning outing the (female) 'slebs' who may have put on weight over Christmas. If the cover pics are to be believed they look perfectly alright to me....

TCTH the publishers who believe that evaluating womens (miniscule) weight gain/loss sells mags and what that says about us as a society that wants to read this stuff.

--------------------
"I'm the village idiot , aspiring to great things." (The Icicle Works)

Posts: 297 | From: Whitley Bay | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH...the blethering idiot who did NOT clear up their dog's excrement from right outide my front gate.

( + coming home in the evening didn't help...)

[Mad]

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the morons who owned our house before us. The cretins thought they'd save money by not buying any underlay for the hall and stair carpet. Instead, they GLUED THE CARPET TO THE FLOORBOARDS! Imagine what fun it was to rip that up. Oh, and they also tacked it to the stairs, so the bare stairs are now littered with random tacks and shreds of carpet that all need to be pulled out individually. Brilliant!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who want us to do translation of printed materials into a language they haven't got a font for, and then airily inform us that they expect a computer file they can hand over to a "professional" who will add logos, photos, and other layout elements in a crazyquilt-like design. You freaks, don't you realize that the only way you'll even be able to READ the stuff properly (much less have it print properly) is if I send it to you in a PDF form? Which will of course not lend itself to being redesigned. Or you could shell out a few bucks for the font, but that ain't gonna happen. We're all about the pennypinching here.

Especially TICTH the fact that I am going to have to have a tedious long explanatory conversation with at least three people ("What's a PDF? Oh, that's fine, I can just open it and change things in Word, right?" Grrrrrr) and possibly have to lecture on the properties of fonts as well.

You're paying us too.damn.little.

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH customers who spout such trash talk that I am unable to resist the need to talk politics at work. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whoever nicked all the hubcaps off our car.

[ 08. January 2013, 06:42: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the dickheads who are trying to interfere with placing defibrillators in our department. I really hope they're a waste of time, I want them to never be used, because I don't want anyone to have a heart attack on my watch, but if it happens and there's no first aider handy, or they can't find the thing (yes, I'm looking at you, fat gent in your fifties who is being an arse about it and keeping one hidden), someone has a good deal more chance of spending half a day with the undertaker than half a month in hospital.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
toothache. that's all. [Mad]

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

TICTH technicians who swear blind that they have fully tested the new software version (but actually haven't), then create merry hell becuase the software (which wasn't tested) doesn't do what it should. Also CTH are the damn software manufacturers who brought out a new patch for this software halfway through our test period and didn't tell us. So now I have to arrange a new patch install for the software that we upgraded just before Christmas - all for an application that is going End Of Life ad won't be supported soon anyway! [Mad]

--------------------

MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH any form of 'going paperfree' that doesn't actually do what it says on the tin. Today's irritation: 'paperfree checkin' where the airport has already let you know that the 'SMS/email' checkin stuff they won't accept, so you have to print out THREE sheets of A4, rather than the one card they used to give you when you checked in, and being reasonably sure that when you GET to the airport, you will get to boarding and they will say 'oh, this isn't good enough either' and print one of the old-fashioned card ones because their readers are crap, but if you didn't have the paper version they would charge you some exorbitant sum to 'check-in' at the counters.

This dislike of 'paperfree-ness' also extends to universities that are 'cutting down on paper use so we are more green as a campus'. That is to say their students have to print out materials instead of them giving them to them. I happen to have access to a high-speed laser printer, so it merely costs me money, my classmates on inkjet printers I am absolutely convinced are damaging the environment more by printing it all as opposed to university photocopying/laser printing, but it doesn't count on the university's 'carbon footprint', perhaps it should?

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Tories and Lib Dems for getting the Benefit Uprating Bill aka Let's Fuck Over The Poor Even More through its 2nd reading in parliament...

They've just locked in a real-terms cut to many state benefits...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH...scorpions. In my bedroom.

[Mad] [Eek!] [Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH viruses. Computer and cold/flu.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

[Mad] [Eek!] [Mad]

Sorry, but my first reaction was Cool!

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cockell:
They've just locked in a real-terms cut to many state benefits...

Salaries have suffered real-terms cuts for years (seriously, I got 0.5% last year while inflation was more like 2.5%). I don't see why benefits should be immune.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

[Mad] [Eek!] [Mad]

my second reaction would be, "somebody help me get down off the ceiling!"

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

[Mad] [Eek!] [Mad]

my second reaction would be, "somebody help me get down off the ceiling!"
Nope -- the ceiling is where the dreaded creature was!

--------------------
~Tortuf

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the "wrecking crew" who swim two or three abreast, ever so slowly, making it impossible for others to get past. And I'm always among the slowest, till I meet them!

[ 09. January 2013, 15:00: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
JonahMan
Shipmate
# 12126

- Posted      Profile for JonahMan   Email JonahMan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH those people who seem unable, or unwilling, to grasp the simple fact that 1% of £71 a week is very little (71p for the hard of Maths), and nowhere near enough to cover the increasing costs of the basic necessities. And thus this cut in real terms has serious consequences for people who are already living right on the edge.

Whereas 0.5% of , say £500, is rather more (£2.50) and in any case doesn't make the difference between someone eating or not.

Benefits are a safety net, and meant to provide the minimum needed to survive. Reducing them below the minimum is unnecessary and unfair.

I also CTH the government who at the same time as instituting these attacks on the poorest, cut the top tax rate from 50% to 45%. No doubt they would claim this in accordance with some economic theory, I call it helping their already rich friends directly at the expense of the poorest.

--------------------
Thank God for the aged
And old age itself, and illness and the grave
For when you're old, or ill and particularly in the coffin
It's no trouble to behave

Posts: 914 | From: Planet Zog | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
TICTH the "wrecking crew" who swim two or three abreast, ever so slowly, making it impossible for others to get past. And I'm always among the slowest, till I meet them!

Absolutley - only topped by the 'social swimmers' who swim up and down the pool with the sole intent of discussing their lives in minute detail. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW the details of your daughter's marriage break up
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Governments. All of those governments who pass bills they dreamed up after elected and rammed through parliament and all of our asses, which degrade the quality of life, enrich the rich, and destroy. To Hell With You All with a solid k'beauts to your panky on the way, and the boots to your mogin as you are porch climbed, bleeding into your deserved Pandemonium of cess and gleet and rotted glair.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Small-souled, sad, craven individuals that will reject an opportunity for kindness, generosity, and congeniality in favor of the tiniest measure of advantage, real or perceived, every time.

On that note-- I think a great goal to have in life is to live it so that people are happy to see you walk into a room and sad to see you go. Instead of the other fucking way around.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH skin. You really are bloody fussy, aren't you? That was really soft cotton yarn - you could have put up with that, surely? You'd really rather sit around in bits of tatty Elastoplast, refusing to heal.

You really are rubbish.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH filling in my annual appraisal questionnaire.

I especially CTH all the bloody management-speak that goes with it. "Empowering people". Yerright. And that "360° feedback" thing is a big fat LIE. If it was really 360° I'd get to say what I think of my managers. Which is the only bit of this soul-destroying exercise which I might actually be interested in.

We hates it, we hates it forever.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
Governments. All of those governments who pass bills they dreamed up after elected and rammed through parliament and all of our asses, which degrade the quality of life, enrich the rich, and destroy. To Hell With You All with a solid k'beauts to your panky on the way, and the boots to your mogin as you are porch climbed, bleeding into your deserved Pandemonium of cess and gleet and rotted glair.

<my itals>

I get the drift but wtf do those words mean?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
...that "360° feedback" thing is a big fat LIE. If it was really 360° I'd get to say what I think of my managers. Which is the only bit of this soul-destroying exercise which I might actually be interested in.

We had a manager who tried to institute this practice. Fortunately, she said she would do it on herslef first to set an example. We never heard the result, the process was never mentioned again and she quit a few months later. No tears were shed.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:

<my itals>

I get the drift but wtf do those words mean?

And I'm the knob!

Old timey Sask-Man slang from behind the perogy curtain. K'beauts - to kick (give the boots to), panky (spanker, your butt), porch climb (home made rocket fuel you drink that puts you on the roof prior to falling off), mogin (your gut, stomach), cess (liquid manure). Gleet and glair are rare medical terms for penile syphilitic discharge and mucous with the consistency of egg whites, respectively. Thus, infectious rotten sperm, also implying a couple of unwashed friends who've infected and reinfected each other.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH snow.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016