homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
TeaAddict
Apprentice
# 14946

- Posted      Profile for TeaAddict   Email TeaAddict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH moving to a new flat. The paperwork alone sucks, nevermind the actual effort of moving stuff. As for the cost...

--------------------
In the interests of safety, please turn off common sense now.

Posts: 16 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ronald Binge
Shipmate
# 9002

- Posted      Profile for Ronald Binge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I call to Hell the swollen prostate gland while not cancerous is unravelling my father's ability to cope with his Parkinsons.

Fuck you, you fucking fucker to fuck.

Posts: 477 | From: Brexit's frontline | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the way it's apparently impossible to offer anything for auction on eBay without dozens of shady characters appearing asking you to take it off auction and deal direct.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And all the idiots on eBay who agree to buy something and then make up a whole string of stupid excuses about why their hamster has eaten their PayPal account (grrrr)

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH overly and those who use this appalling word*.

I've no objection to new words; they become necessary as existing vocabulary is found insufficient, but I have yet to see "overly" used when "over", "excessive" or just occasionally "overtly" would not be better, let alone adequate. It isn't simply that I don't consider it a word; we're lumbered, but it's a lazy, sloppy, ill-defined word.

And while I'm posting this as a Shipmate, remember that I'm a Host too.

*Nothing personal, this is the latest example of way too many, by literate posters too.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

I've no objection to new words...

Given that the OED states this usage first appeared in its modern incarnation in 1806, I am reminded of the words to St. Paul: "'Tis hard for thee to kick against the pricks".

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

I've no objection to new words...

Given that the OED states this usage first appeared in its modern incarnation in 1806, I am reminded of the words to St. Paul: "'Tis hard for thee to kick against the pricks".
OK, it isn't new, but its use has increased and inclusion in the OED is no indication of merit. [Mad]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH estate agent bumpf. Forests were levelled so that 20 pages of full-colour puffery for services I neither want nor need could transit briefly from letterbox to recycling bag. God only knows what natural resources were raped to produce the accompanying CD.

Go. Away.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Windows 8............. [Mad]

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH more ebay idiots...

Have just sold a couple of things over the weekend. I take great pains to describe things accurately, completely and concisely on my listings as (i) it's only fair to do this and (ii) it helps me to sell the stuff.

Why then, do I need to put up with so many idiots?

My listing says that I'll post the item, or you can pick it up from my home or office (suburbs specified in the listing), so why do I get an email that says "can I pick it up from you if I win it, and where from?" Read the listing idiot...

I'm selling something brand new, in the original packaging, it still has the plastic wrap on it, It says that in the listing. There is a photo on the listing showing the original packaging and the plastic wrap, so I get an email asking "does the item work?" It's new, in the packaging. Of course it works you idiot...

The "does it work" idiot then emails and says "I'm just in town for today so can I make you an offer and pick it up from you before I go home?" No you can't, idiot. That's against the ebay rules, so that's why I ignored your bloody email... (I have had many emails like this. I used to politely go back and tell the person that they were welcome to submit a bid. They never do, not once, ever, not even when the item sells for less than they offered, or doesn't even sell at all. Idiots...)

Then the idiot that wins the item emails and says "can I pick it up tonight at 10pm? I know that's late but I have a busy week coming up." Sure, that's fine I reply, I'm always up late (and anybody that wants to come to my house and take junk away is always welcome). I sign off the email with my name, address and phone numbers. "Great, I'll come over now. What's your address?" Read the email, idiot...

One of the classics from years ago was an item I listed, marked "post to Australia only". I received an email "would you post the item to Norway". Not unless Norway has just moved to bloody Australia. Idiot...

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 225 | From: Sydney | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
it's beginning to look like ebay tribulations deserves it's own thread, rather than a running theme on this one.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH random people who like to ask me questions like "do you know Jesus?", "are you born again".

TICTH shining faced annoying 'Jesus is my personal saviour' evangelical nimrods. I'm as likely to answer those questions as I am to discuss your bowel habits. Jesus has yet to save me from the likes of you! TAFFAARD!!

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICH workplace bullies - and the sickening feeling of being isolated and unable to change it.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
it's beginning to look like ebay tribulations deserves it's own thread, rather than a running theme on this one.

Ebay has the gift of putting you together with people you'd run a mile from in any other circumstance.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH South Wales Valleys Emergency Services response times. This morning (link here) a train hit a landslide and was derailed. The accident happened to the train I was waiting to catch at about 06:20 this morning. At 06:20, I was stood on Bargoed station platform waiting for that train.

At 06:40, the signalman informed the waiting crowd that there would be no train down from Rhymney and that the first train for Cardiff would be coming from Cardiff at 07:01. He also told us that the train we were waiting for had "hit a tree".

By the time my train left at 07:02, there was no sign of Emergency Services. I saw Emergency vehicles heading to the scene at 07:20, by which time I was already 5 miles away in Ystrad Mynach.

As a former first aider, I know about the Golden Hour. By the looks of it, the Emergency Services missed that hour this morning.

And they tell us that Wales is not a second class nation ... [Mad]

--------------------
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: I do not exaggerate!

Posts: 1101 | From: The catbox | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(But the Caerphilly Observer is a seriously cool name for a newspaper. I didn't even know there were people who enjoyed cheese-watching.)

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH this guy.

Translation: Ever give someone chance after chance after chance, and try again and again to mend fences, only to have them use it as an opportunity to remind you they've written you off, forever? And are quite proud of it?

And no, I can't just blow them off--this is someone I need to figure out a way to work with, but they've made it very clear they are never going to make an effort to work with me.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
(But the Caerphilly Observer is a seriously cool name for a newspaper. I didn't even know there were people who enjoyed cheese-watching.)

[Killing me]

--------------------
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: I do not exaggerate!

Posts: 1101 | From: The catbox | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the half witted moron in pay section who managed to fuck up my pay this month so I'm £1000 short. I'm sure he or she doesn't notice a grand coming of his wages but it gives me certain problems such as paying my fucking mortgage and petrol to get to work.

About 18 months ago I moved to a contract where I'd get the same amount of money every month (before that it was complicated depending on what weekends and shifts I worked). In that 18 months I have never had the same amount of pay at all. It's not complicated - click the button that pays me the damn money.

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
TICTH this guy.

Translation: Ever give someone chance after chance after chance, and try again and again to mend fences, only to have them use it as an opportunity to remind you they've written you off, forever? And are quite proud of it?

And no, I can't just blow them off--this is someone I need to figure out a way to work with, but they've made it very clear they are never going to make an effort to work with me.

If you figure it out, do let me know how. This is precisely the situation I am in and it is driving me nuts.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
TICTH this guy.

....they've made it very clear they are never going to make an effort to work with me.

Oh Yes. After a while you get shit sick of wearing the T shirt.

Solution..... Ebay the t-shirt. Eat more cake.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by MiceElf:
quote:
TICTH this guy.

....they've made it very clear they are never going to make an effort to work with me.

Oh Yes. After a while you get shit sick of wearing the T shirt.

Solution..... Ebay the t-shirt. Eat more cake.

Hostly Notice

At any further mention of Ebay before the Spring Equinox, this thread dies.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

WhyNotSmile
Shipmate
# 14126

- Posted      Profile for WhyNotSmile   Author's homepage   Email WhyNotSmile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the withdrawal of funding for local community projects by the government, in the name of 'austerity'. Just as we were really getting something established, we've had to make our community worker redundant, for want of about £16000 per year.

Here's hoping that this will open up new ways of doing things, but still - more pressure on services which are really making a difference in the local community. More pressure on people who are stretched.

Grrrr. If any of the big mega-churches out there fancy sending us the money instead of spending it on new plush chairs or a giant statue of Jesus, that'd also be fine.

--------------------
Come visit:
http://why-not-smile.blogspot.com
- you're always glad you came

Posts: 528 | From: Belfast | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Every single commentator at the Superbowl. A tedious game interrupted by women shimmying around on a stage dressed like hookers. Followed by lots and lots and lots of talking while someone runs to go pay the power bill.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Panda
Shipmate
# 2951

- Posted      Profile for Panda   Email Panda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH puncture repair kits in new-ish cars, instead of a spare tire. A friend of mine drove over something really nasty that punctured the tire twice, so the kit wouldn't have had enough glue for two holes anyway, and is she expected to carry a tire compressor everywhere she goes?
If I hadn't been able to run her home (20 min away, no garage anywhere within miles) she'd have been stranded in the middle of nowhere with a dead car and two twin toddlers.

Posts: 1637 | From: North Wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
to the company who has just ripped me off for half a months wages, while implying I'm dishonest to others - fuck you all to hell. See that car with the pretty lights on top pulling up out front? whatever is left of you after the nice man with the badge is done belongs in the compost. You don't fucking steal.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TCITH the two work colleagues who didn't even bother to answer my email telling them that I had to drop out of a meeting due to a hospital appointment that will take me out of the office all day, but then both answered my subsequent email telling them that I'd rearranged the appointment and was therefore able to chair the meeting after all. Thanks a bunch for your concern, you emotionally unintelligent morons. I wasn't expecting flowers and a card, but some acknowledgement would be nice. I'm sure this is 'brilliant' for you because now I'm back to do the work and you don't have to step up. By the way, this is a voluntary post and your responses will be taken into consideration the next time I review whether I want to carry on with it.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the morons who think it would be quite fun to find an aircraft packed full of fragile human lives and explosive fuel, coming in to land over a densely populated area, and dazzle the pilot.
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Jestocost:
TICTH the morons who think it would be quite fun to find an aircraft packed full of fragile human lives and explosive fuel, coming in to land over a densely populated area, and dazzle the pilot.

Shocking and terrifying.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whoever is behind today's killing in Tunisia, threatening to destabilize further the fragile process of democracy here.

Under the old regime opponents were silenced, did we go through a revolution for nothing? [Frown]

[ 06. February 2013, 18:04: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eleanor Jane
Shipmate
# 13102

- Posted      Profile for Eleanor Jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Teeth! WHY don't they work without regular, expensive, painful, and massively unpleasant repairs? My bones just sit there doing their job - why can't my teeth hold up their end of the deal?
Posts: 556 | From: Now in the UK! | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
internet based, time deadlined, career essential ridiculously long, non intuitive application forms. (that don't bloody save and do what they should)

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The fact that despite pay section promising me that my missing thousand quid would be in the bank in three working days it isn't and when I phone to raise this issue they tell me they'll give me £400 tomorrow. Yes thankyou and the rest. Apparently they hadn't noticed, despite being told by both me and my union rep that they had wrongly put me down as getting nil pay for ten bloody days.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spam. Here we go again. The first lot started to trickle through into a webmail account at around 9pm and they'll continue to pile up until tomorrow morning. Hotels, insurance, cruises, ppi claims, poker. Over and over again, day after day. I mark them as spam and it makes no difference. And my webmail account is now pretty much doomed.

Why do spammers waste so much of their time showering the world with emails which are ungratefully received by almost everybody and deleted without reading?

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Why do spammers waste so much of their time showering the world with emails which are ungratefully received by almost everybody and deleted without reading?

Some years ago I heard that about three percent of men who receive spam mail for Viagra respond. If someone sends out ten million spam letters for Viagra, they will receive 300,000 responses. Apparently sending out ten million e-mails with the same text is not expensive or time-consuming.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the people who flash their headlights to let me (and other drivers) know there's a speed camera van further up the road.

First off, if you were paying any attention you'd see that I was traveling slow enough to not require the warning. Unlike you my adherence to the speed limit isn't solely based on whether I think I might get caught. Although I do like the idea of randomly flashing my headlights at people when there isn't a speed camera around, just to get them to slow down.

Secondly, the reason there's a speed camera van on the main road through this suburb so often is because people speed on its broad, sweeping bends all the time and it's fucking dangerous. Maybe all 3 of you headlight-flashers were just passing through the suburb, but I live here. And maybe you didn't notice the 2 roadside crosses right about where you were signalling me, but I drive past them most days and I know they're there because an idiotic show-off thought he could do the broad, sweeping bends at about 100 km/h instead of the mandated 60 km/h and killed his passengers in the process. I also know they weren't the first to die on this road.

So you know why I don't appreciate your flashes and won't return the 'service' for anyone? Because I fucking well want speeding drivers to get caught. I want them to not know in advance the van is there. I want them to get hit in the hip pocket and to lose points on their licence, in the faint hope that they'll go around the bends a bit slower next time and I'll be safer and maybe won't have to hear the sound of squealing tyres in the distance quite so often.

You can take your headlights and fuck off. [Mad]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
If someone sends out ten million spam letters for Viagra, they will receive 300,000 responses.
I sent a stiff letter of complaint.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the dysfunctional dismembered pathetic bloody apology for a national rail system we have in the UK. I ordered a ticket online, given the options of either receiving it by express delivery for an additional £6 (£6!!!), or collecting it from an automatic machine at the station.

However, the station I'm travelling from (despite being served by long distance trains to many destinations) does not have an automatic machine. Not one! The nearest is at the city centre terminus 5 miles away.

As it happens, no big problem since I have a senior travel pass so don't have to pay to get there, and I was in town anyway yesterday. But at that station they have (a pathetic) two machines run by one train company, and two by another. Neither of them the train company that I'm travelling with and with whom I've booked my ticket. No indication online whether either or both of these would issue my ticket. The first company's machine disclaimed all knowledge of me. Fortunately the second company must be on speaking terms with my company because their machine recognised my booking and issued a ticket.

But imagine I was a foreign visitor unaccustomed to the vagaries of the privatised excuse for a 'rail network'. Or a habitual car user who thought s/he would give the train a go for a change. Or someone prevented by time, circumstance or disability from making a detour to obtain a ticket, or who simply couldn't be arsed or see why they should fork out an extra several quid just to collect it.

Every single tinpot rural station in France has a fully functioning and fully computerised machine that will issue tickets to anywhere in the country. Or you can dispense with the need for a printed ticket and just download a receipt and reference number onto your mobile phone.

But then France has had a revolution and suffers under the iron hand of a socialist president. We glory in having choice: the fucking choice of which hospital to die of neglect in, or which local authority to be deprived of basic services under. Even that is denied to rail passengers who can only chose where (and sometimes when) to travel, not which gang of sharks is going to rip you off for the privilege and deny you even the convenience of being able to prove that you have paid. Bet your life that if all the machines had failed and I got on the train without a ticket I'd be hit with a ludicrously disproportionate fine.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:
If someone sends out ten million spam letters for Viagra, they will receive 300,000 responses.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e

You're a hard man, Pyx_e, a hard man.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by John Holding:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:

Fly Safe, Pyx_e

You're a hard man, Pyx_e, a hard man.

John

your flaccid jokes can leave a lady disappointed, gentlemen.

might want to improve technique.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whatever mixup caused me to get th wrong message abut weather or not my work was closed today as a result of the blizzard.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
TICTH . Inacurate 5 day weather forecasts . The week before last was given as all wet . It was 40% accurate , in other words asumming the complete opposite would have been nearer.
The following week was the other way round . Forecasters gave mainly dry and it turned out mainly wet .

If you guys don't really know what the weather's gonna do just say so , that would be far more help.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
TICTH . Inacurate 5 day weather forecasts . The week before last was given as all wet . It was 40% accurate , in other words asumming the complete opposite would have been nearer.
The following week was the other way round . Forecasters gave mainly dry and it turned out mainly wet .

If you guys don't really know what the weather's gonna do just say so , that would be far more help.

You live in the west of England. If you haven't the wit to take a waterproof coat with you on a dry day you deserve to get get drenched.

(If, OTOH, it's pissing down already, you can make a choice)

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH their and there. I fucking well know the difference but manage to type the wrong one with an almost pathological consistency, but do not always manage to correct.
Yes, it is the fault of the fucking words.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
TICTH their and there. I fucking well know the difference but manage to type the wrong one with an almost pathological consistency, but do not always manage to correct.
Yes, it is the fault of the fucking words.

(((lilBuddha))), they're, their.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stop making me laugh in Hell.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH members of my congregation who use the "open" portion of Prayers of the People to air out their own personal grievances with the congregation.

And I consign to Heck (because she did mean well) the person who insisted on processing it with me even after I told her that I didn't want to talk about it.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:

TICTH people who ring up the weather bureau and say things like "I'm booking my wedding for April next year, do you know if it's going to rain on the 12th?" and get upset with the bureau's response.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Viri. I'm not in the mood for the crud. I have other things to do. my house sounds like a consumption ward. we're going through the nyquil like a bunch of drunks. fuck this shit.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
WWF style smackdown of my computer:

Monitor timing out all day. Computer refusing to start up all weekend, at various times. Google Chrome acting like a whiny little bitch. Huge amateurish slog through a variety of maintenance issues. Computer doing everything apart from sending La Cosa Nostra over to my house to whack me before I could finish my homework. And guess what. TWO ESSAYS IN THE BAG, MOTHERFUCKER! ONE OF THEM IN REALLY BAD SPANISH! EAT ME, YOU STUPID PIECE OF CRAP DELL! HA!

[ 11. February 2013, 02:22: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016