homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Next door's wind chimes [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sergius-Melli
Shipmate
# 17462

- Posted      Profile for Sergius-Melli   Email Sergius-Melli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
TICTH Next door's wind chimes [Mad] [Mad]

Good Lord, please don't say your my neighbour. I was getting fed up with my own wind chimes last night!
Posts: 722 | From: Sneaking across Welsh hill and dale with a thurible in hand | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<waves over the fence>

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH The constant snorter who works over the filing cabinet from me. It's been days and he's still at it...

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think I have done this already but just to make sure:

TICTH migraine

Jengie

[e.t.a. if I could string lots of words together coherently it might be worth a decent rant, but it has deprived me of that ability so I will have to content myself with this]

[ 11. February 2013, 20:20: Message buggered about with by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
PULL!

comet, Hellskeet

[ 12. February 2013, 00:06: Message buggered about with by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH...when someone else beats me to the quotes file. It's just so not fair. It doesn't matter if Someone else beat me there by three hours. And, you know who you are, don't you Missy!

[Disappointed]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Spam. Here we go again. The first lot started to trickle through into a webmail account at around 9pm and they'll continue to pile up until tomorrow morning. Hotels, insurance, cruises, ppi claims, poker. Over and over again, day after day. I mark them as spam and it makes no difference. And my webmail account is now pretty much doomed.

My yahoo.co.uk has a great spam filter. Why not try it?

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH: gun owners who do not hunt and pretend their deadly weapons are for "self defense"! They are more likely to get stolen and used on their owners or innocent schoolchildren...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What the fuck is this doing in my happy, pristine velodrome?

Fuck you, fuck you, don't you tell me what to do!

Thread SHUNTED!
Ariston, pretty pretty princess

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mm... this looks like it needs the kind of support that only All Saints can give.

Ariel
Heaven something or other

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think it needs some exegesis, what ever that is.

WW
All Saints **** and all round Angel

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, Kerygmaniacs, the challenge has been set before us. They think they can lob the TICTH thread our way and get away without some good old-fashioned Bible schoolin'? Let's proof-text and verse them right out of here.

For starters:

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. (Isaiah 14:15)

Who else has one?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. Rev 21.8 NIV

[Circus ****s not exempt unless they say sorry very very nicely. (B62 translation of textual variation - manuscript found in a chinese fortune cookie)]

[ 13. February 2013, 00:35: Message buggered about with by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From Saint Cyprian, Treatise 2, riffing on Matthew 5:36:

quote:
Your Lord says, "You can not make one hair white or black;" and you, in order to overcome the word of your Lord, will be more mighty than He, and stain your hair with a daring endeavor and with profane contempt, and, in an ominous foreboding of your future, already begin to make your hair the color of flames.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Hair the color of flames?" Jeez, don't show that one to comet.

And the tongue is a fire. The tongue is placed among our members as a world of iniquity; it stains the whole body, sets on fire the cycle of nature,* and is itself set on fire by hell. James 3:6

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
SAAS (the people who administer student finance in Scotland.)
We filled out the form for our son last summer, giving my husband's income exactly and an honest stab at mine. Husband's income alone means that son will get the minimum, so we didn't think mine mattered too much.

It was bounced, on the basis I had under-reported my income. Never mind that under-reporting mine made bugger-all difference to the outcome. I did mine properly, and they were right - I'd missed out £36 I'd been paid for invigilating an exam. We resubmitted.

They bounced it again - I had no documentation to cover £96 I'd been paid cash-in-hand. They suggested a letter "from my accountant" on "headed paper". I'm a PhD student - I don't have an accountant. And it'll make no difference anyway. Regardless of what I earn, they can't award less than the minimum. They have agreed I don't need to source an accountant to check my finances and confirm the £96 cash-in-hand.

Now they've said they need to see my last tax return before confirming that they'll give my son a minimum award.

It's February. We knew last August that our son would get minimum award. They knew last August that they'd be giving our son the minimum award. They have even confirmed to us that none of my documentation will make the slightest difference to the final award "but that doesn't mean that we don't still have to see it. "

[ 14. February 2013, 14:16: Message edited by: North East Quine ]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
T-bloomin'-Mobile.
Costing me a mini-fortune in time and money trying to sort them out.
Almost thirty years I've been a customer. Eventually got conned into changing from pay as you go to contract sim. Great, except when the phone and the sim go through the wash and die. Sorry, Madam, you're tied into a contract. You will have to pay over £100 to buy yourself out.
As you're a valued customer (yeah, right!) we'll reduce your contract from £10 a month (on a non-existant sim that I can't use) to £5 a month (likewise) and can buy a new phone and new sim and transfer it.
Instead, after a couple of months of being unable to find the right phone at the right price, I decide that I need a contract phone instead of a contract sim because of my new job. I contact them about it and, hey, when they changed the £10 contract to a £5 contract on the non-existant SIM, they recommenced the 24 month contract and if I want to break that contract I'll now have to pay £150 penalty! I can't change it to a phone contract. So I'm paying them a bloody fortune for a non-existant phone and will have to continue to do so for two bloody years!
After hours of debate they agree to cancel the contract phone I'd ordered before trying to cancel the sim, and to transfer the payment towards another contract phone. Great, I said. (Why couldn't you just have done that in the first place?) The phone won't come until after the weekend, they said, and I will be charged the same price as a contract phone. Great, I said. Now I contact them to see why my phone hasn't arrived, a fortnight later. "You cancelled your order" they reply. I did BUT ON THE PROMISE OF A CONTRACT WHICH INCLUDED ANOTHER PHONE. "No, we never said that".
[brick wall] [Mad] [brick wall]
So what do I have? I have a contract on a dead SIM for what turns out still to be £10 a month or £150 to finish it. A fortnight without my new phone, which I can't really afford while I'm paying for a dead SIM. And now no agreement to transfer the SIM contract to a phone contract which took me over two hours to negotiate last time.

Valued customer, my backside!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The white van man who tailgated me and my pupil for about half a mile this morning before overtaking us and promptly parking right in front of us with no signal, then reversing towards us while laughing. Oh wow, what a big tough brave man you are that you can intimidate a nervous female learner driver. I bet all the girls think you have a really massive dick when you tell them that story.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Over here, we could have taken down his number and reported him for aggressive driving -- and, with a witness in the car, it just might have stuck. Does the law let do that over there?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, but it's really not worth the hassle. I'm seriously thinking about getting a camera fitted to the car though.

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
GoPro, mate. Durable and high resolution.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If a man goes on holiday and doesn't record it on camera has he really been on holiday?
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He'll know when his credit card statement arrives.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

TICTH the insurance company that holds my annuity. It is supposed to issue a payment on the 15th of every month -- which arrives at the bank the next day but isn't credited to my account until the following day.

If the 15th falls on a Friday, it arrives Monday and is credited Tuesday.

If Monday happens to be a holiday (as it is over here next week -- Presidents Day), it arrives Tuesday and is credited Wednesday.

Thus I, a retiree living on a fixed income, have to wait five days past the due date for money I desperately need. Thank God for credit cards.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't decide if this goes here or in the prayer thread. (amazing how much overlap is possible) I have GRR and "oh help" in equal order.

septic system has been down for about a month. it's evil. A great plumber has been working on it for two days. seems my heat tape failed and the whole thing has been frozen solid. he's gotten a lot thawed, but in the process the toilet seal failed and is oozing poop soup onto my floor. awesome. when it froze up the toilet backed up - a whole bowl full of the grodiest stuff ever. now slowly oozing out onto the floor.

of course.

last night it snowed again. actually, it's still snowing. I have a foot of heavy, soggy stuff in my driveway. Got stuck getting the boys to school. to get the plumber HERE I need to do about an hour's shoveling. I should leave to work in about two hours.

The plumber called. get this. for him to go further, he needs to remove the toilet. which means I am now tasked with somehow getting all of the ... stuff... out of the toilet bowl. before I go to work. which will likely require a shower (hazmat gear?) assuming I even manage to figure out how to do that. and get the driveway shoveled. and get to work. somehow.

I can't even begin to tell you all how much I dread what I am about to do.

I've told the boys, we're going back to outdoor plumbing. so much more civilized. this is horrific. revolting. and thankfully there will be no video footage of what I am about to attempt.

So, when youre going about your day, and things seem challenging, close your eyes for a moment and picture me bailing and siphoning liquified shit, retching and swearing and generally making a complete disaster of things. meanwhile outside, the snow is coming down, down, down. picture the look on my face, the creative language I'm using. picture poo flying everywhere and the dogs cowering in fear.

picture all that. then sit back, and SMILE. I'm just here to serve as a source of entertainment. Hey, no problem. I'm here for ya.

and if you are of a generous spirit, pray for me. 'cause what I am about to do will likely require therapy to get over.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Between your tank and my stupid ass computer's consistently impeccable timing as to screwing up online homework assignments, I'm beginning to suspect some asshole out there with a couple of voodoo dolls and some graveyard dirt having a gay old time.

Whatever, we must unify in defeating the hex BEGONE! you fucking ever present life hassling gremlins BEGONE! as in GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

[ 15. February 2013, 19:10: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH utility providers who send letters saying "We provide a variety of times and appointments to suit you. We understand you might be out when we need to inspect our meters."

Do you hell as like. You have exactly two weeks worth of appointments available, with no more exact timings of 8-1 and 1-6, weekdays only. Which is a fat lot of use to someone who live on their own, and works weekdays, being out from 7.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m. I offered Saturdays, and the possibility of being available from 4.00 - 6.00 on three of the weekday evenings over the next four weeks, (thereby only losing half a day's pay, not a full day) and any time next week, the last week of March and the first week of April, but that wasn't good enough.

Oh, and there are threats of legal proceedings if I don't make and keep an appointment.

So, when your children grumble about school staff being missing, and you complain about how uncommitted school staff are, and how dare they take a day off in term time, just remember you were the one who insisted I take that time out.

[Mad]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Japes: Whether such things are possible for you with your location/job I don't know, but I fucking well tell people to ring me on my mobile, 20-30 minutes in advance, and I will then drive home to meet them. None of this idiotic waiting in suspended animation.

Comet: This may be one of the few times this is appropriate in Hell: [Votive]

Yes, people, I started this thread, so I can bend the rules a bit if I want. [Devil]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, Comet deserves a prayer exception. How absolutely awful. Between Comet's story and the Carnival Cruise adventures it's a horrible day indeed.
[Votive]

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

it's done. I'm only having minor flashbacks.

and tonight, WE FLUSH! [Yipee]

PS - I'm also now high-centered on a 3 foot snowberm but I don't care because I GET TO PEE INDOORS

[ 16. February 2013, 04:14: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Between your tank and my stupid ass computer's consistently impeccable timing as to screwing up online homework assignments, I'm beginning to suspect some asshole out there with a couple of voodoo dolls and some graveyard dirt having a gay old time.

Whatever, we must unify in defeating the hex BEGONE! you fucking ever present life hassling gremlins BEGONE! as in GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

Well... One or two people were a little upset by the H&A day...

AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
it's done. I'm only having minor flashbacks.

and tonight, WE FLUSH! [Yipee]

PS - I'm also now high-centered on a 3 foot snowberm but I don't care because I GET TO PEE INDOORS

Billy (plumber) came by this morning, towed me out of the berm and plowed my driveway. The things some people will do to get to my plumbing. [Big Grin]

I'm surrounded by amazing people.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Tonight we flush" has to be used in a signature or sitcom or movie or SOMETHING.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

Crystal Fucking Palace Fucking Football Fucking Club and their fucking stadium and the chaos it brings to the local area every fucking Saturday.

This evening, we had tickets to a BBC recording. We allowed more than enough time to get into central London, but due to the thousands of brainless fucking morons who descend on the area to get excited about 22 men chasing a bit of leather around a piece of grass, the traffic was gridlocked and all the buses were full so we arrived too late to be allowed in.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Crystal Fucking Palace Fucking Football Fucking Club and their fucking stadium and the chaos it brings to the local area every fucking Saturday.

This evening, we had tickets to a BBC recording. We allowed more than enough time to get into central London, but due to the thousands of brainless fucking morons who descend on the area to get excited about 22 men chasing a bit of leather around a piece of grass, the traffic was gridlocked and all the buses were full so we arrived too late to be allowed in.

The club and and stadium were there before you arrived. Why live in London if you can't cope with the lifestyle?

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would you be someone who thinks a person should move where the work is ? Because if so, you don't have a valid point there.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Would you be someone who thinks a person should move where the work is ? Because if so, you don't have a valid point there.

No, I just don't have time for someone whining about something that has been done for about a century now, and that millions of people enjoy, when it periodically inconveniences them. Next time, look when matches are being played and allow even more time. Fixture lists are readily available and are not state secrets!

I don't mov to where my clients are. I go to them, then travel back to my home.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

quote:
Originally posted by deano:
The club and and stadium were there before you arrived.

No they weren't. The stadium was expanded in 1964, the year I was born.
quote:

Why live in London if you can't cope with the lifestyle?

Why build a football stadium in a residential area? Even the local fucking supermarket has to close on match days.

[ 17. February 2013, 12:13: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Can we please now move discussions of London's transportation problems to either Purgatory, All Saints or, if you pay me vast sums of money to read it, a separate Hell thread?

Ta.

--------------------

Gextvedde
Shipmate
# 11084

- Posted      Profile for Gextvedde   Email Gextvedde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the word random. Why is everything now fucking random? “Look at his hat, it’s sooooo random”. No it’s bloody not it’s just unusual. The person selected it at the shop and selected it to wear today. Nothing random about that process at all is there. Stop using the word until you know what it means you fucking plumb.

--------------------
"We must learn to see that our temperament is a gift of God, a talent with which we must trade until he comes" Thomas Merton

Posts: 293 | From: The Twilight Zone, near the M25 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH being the responsible one. Doing the right and mature things. Being there when the irresponsible actual parent mucks it up. And, catching Hell for a situation which would not exist if the selfish bitch of a mother had not created it.
The fucked up psychology that makes a child idolise a fucked up parent is all the proof I need there is no fucking god.

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gextvedde:
TICTH the word random. Why is everything now fucking random? “Look at his hat, it’s sooooo random”. No it’s bloody not it’s just unusual. The person selected it at the shop and selected it to wear today. Nothing random about that process at all is there. Stop using the word until you know what it means you fucking plumb.

In the hacker circles I moved in during college 40 years ago, Random was not a new word. In fact I lived in a dormitory called Random Hall. (A certain publishing company didn't allow it to be called "House".

When someone says a hat is random, to me it means the wearer chose it by picking it from a box without looking.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How precious. NOT.

Me, I just wish people would remember that I am away and write me a chatty note from time to time, especially with the latest gossip.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Earthquakes and aftershocks - today, on the eve of the second anniversary of the fatal quake the was a wee shake, just as a reminder.

Huia

[ 21. February 2013, 04:13: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my fucked up vertebrae and the fact that one slightly awkward movement has left me in a lot of pain and unable to move from my computer chair. Well, at least I've got the Ship to keep me entertained until the drugs kick in. I hope the drugs kick in... [Ultra confused]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: Life. For being so ******* short.

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH this morning's van driver who followed me, on my bike, the length of a residential street, right up against my back wheel, leaning on his horn and revving his engine.

Cars were parked down the full length of both sides of the street. I was acting as advised by the Highway Code and cycle training:

Rule 67... Leave plenty of room when passing parked vehicles and watch out for doors being opened or pedestrians stepping into your path...

I was also fully aware you were there. There was no room for you to overtake me, as the space down the middle of the road is only wide enough for one vehicle at a time. There was no gap in the parked cars for me to pull over and let you past. as soon as a gap did appear, I signalled and pulled into it.

You risked my life, disturbed the peace of a residential area early on a Sunday morning (I was going to Keen People Early Mass with Extra Latin - this was about half 7 this morning), and broke several rules of the road. For you to then wind down the window and swear at me was completely unnecessary.

(here's the Google streetview but this has more gaps in the parked cars than there was this morning).

[ 24. February 2013, 09:48: Message edited by: rosamundi ]

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

TICTH Airlines that schedule international flights at times that aren't convenient for either departure or arrival unless you live in a megacity.

I live in a decent sized city, not the middle of nowhere, and my Californian friends aren't exactly in a wilderness area either. So why would you make me leave home before 6am my time to get there, and make them leave home about 4am their time to pick me up?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016