homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Fucking crypto-homophobes (Page 20)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fucking crypto-homophobes
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
...That's me taken care of. What about the other 4 people who have said much the same thing to you?

The only reason it was about you was because you're the one who wouldn't let go of the bone even after multiple hints that now might be a good time to let go.

It's very nice of you to pay attention when Mousethief points it out to you.

If you really look at this apology, he's only technically regretted posting in hell. Which is not really the issue here, not in the least because I was harping on what he said in purgatory and in a pm he sent me.

So yeah, I doubted his sincerity a little. I guess we're going to find out.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
pererin
Shipmate
# 16956

- Posted      Profile for pererin   Email pererin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
he's only technically regretted posting in hell.

Which is quite a clever little game, if you think about it: piss everyone off in virtually every other active thread, then run away from the one in which we can tell him how much of a prat we think he is.

--------------------
"They go to and fro in the evening, they grin like a dog, and run about through the city." (Psalm 59.6)

Posts: 446 | From: Llantrisant | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If he's pissing people off sufficiently in other threads, he will get a Hell call.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
He's just relocated to Dead Horses where he's in a thread about LGBT people being denied communion.
He's interesting as a hybrid; he seems to identify as GBLT but thinks it's a sin. Usually the "I'm a sinner" sorts don't think of themselves as gay; hence the term "ex-gay:.

No. You will often hear them using "struggling with Same -sex attraction"

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
So yeah, I doubted his sincerity a little. I guess we're going to find out.

Which was all I asked. I think we're definitely finding out all about the depth of his revulsion of gays. I mean, I've heard the term "self-loathing" before, but never really seen it laid out so plainly and neatly. Someone writing an introduction to the concept would be well paid to gather some quotes from VD's threads.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I mean, I've heard the term "self-loathing" before, but never really seen it laid out so plainly and neatly.

That's one of the items that raises my suspicions. I deal with variations of self-loathing in my work (labeled/marginalized people, like my clients, struggle with self-hate a fair amount) and doubt I've ever seen it work quite this way. Generally, self-hate works out in practice as unconscious self-sabotage. It doesn't usually announce itself, and then turn full-glare on others of its alleged "type."

To me, this looks like the ham-actor version of the role in a badly-written Grade B or C movie. But who knows?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Assuming the poor chap is genuine, he makes plain one of the reasons I despise conservative attitudes to homosexuality - they damage people. They take people who are vulnerable and fuck them up. The damage done takes years to put right.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The guy bowed out two days ago, he's an apprentice, and you folks are still taking him apart? Good God, get a life.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I mean, I've heard the term "self-loathing" before, but never really seen it laid out so plainly and neatly.

That's one of the items that raises my suspicions. I deal with variations of self-loathing in my work (labeled/marginalized people, like my clients, struggle with self-hate a fair amount) and doubt I've ever seen it work quite this way. Generally, self-hate works out in practice as unconscious self-sabotage. It doesn't usually announce itself, and then turn full-glare on others of its alleged "type."

To me, this looks like the ham-actor version of the role in a badly-written Grade B or C movie. But who knows?

Yes, it does seem like a very well worked-out persona of some kind, which doesn't mean that it's fake. Your point about unconscious self-sabotage being the norm is on the button, so this is a fascinating sub-species of histrionic self-sabotage - pour encourager les autres, as well. Exotic!

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
The guy bowed out two days ago, he's an apprentice, and you folks are still taking him apart? Good God, get a life.

I think it's more his attitude/problem they are taking apart.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which would make sense if the guy were around to benefit from any of these remarks, But he's not here!

Kind of an exercise in colon-scrumpung if you asked me. The effort is not worth the payoff.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Look! Look! I've walked as far as the park in the next suburb and found an exotic new species of butterfly! Let's pull its wings off!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He did announce his ambition to return to Hell once he had improved himself sufficiently.

I'm fascinated that a self loathing homosexual labels himself a GBLT. Talk about the triumph of a paradigm by the sorts who previously rejected it out right. I suppose given the use of "gay" as an insult in schoolyards and hip-hop it's now suitable for the self loathing to use for self description But the politically correct appendage of BLT seems odd, especially when he says women are icky.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
He did announce his ambition to return to Hell once he had improved himself sufficiently.

I'm fascinated that a self loathing homosexual labels himself a GBLT. Talk about the triumph of a paradigm by the sorts who previously rejected it out right. I suppose given the use of "gay" as an insult in schoolyards and hip-hop it's now suitable for the self loathing to use for self description But the politically correct appendage of BLT seems odd, especially when he says women are icky.

Well, I was at school long before 'gay' was used as an insult in the fashion that it is now, and I was a self loathing homosexual, and I thought that 'gay' was the correct term for me. In c.1996 when I first revealed my sexuality to someone, I said (tearfully) "I think I'm gay".

So I'm afraid I don't find our new poster anywhere near as exotic as many of you seem to, hence my quip about walking to the park in the next suburb.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Which would make sense if the guy were around to benefit from any of these remarks, But he's not here!

He'll be reading, for sure.
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, Boogie can accurately predict what other people are doing without knowing them in any way? But rather than make money out of it, she prefers to hang round here shooting fish in a barrel.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
Wow, Boogie can accurately predict what other people are doing without knowing them in any way?

It's a talent I exploit to the full. [Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Well, I was at school long before 'gay' was used as an insult in the fashion that it is now, and I was a self loathing homosexual, and I thought that 'gay' was the correct term for me. In c.1996 when I first revealed my sexuality to someone, I said (tearfully) "I think I'm gay".

So I'm afraid I don't find our new poster anywhere near as exotic as many of you seem to, hence my quip about walking to the park in the next suburb.

Yeah, maybe it helps that I live ten minutes away from Gayville, North Gaytonia, but I thought wrestling with institutionalized self- contempt was part of a lot of gay people's story.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But the politically correct appendage of BLT seems odd, especially when he says women are icky.

And I thought it was a sandwich.

(Actually, get us on men/childbirth/Things I've Had To Clean Up, we can out-ick anybody).

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
But the politically correct appendage of BLT seems odd, especially when he says women are icky.

And I thought it was a sandwich.

Well that would tie in with Porridge's theory about ham acting. [Smile]

[ 02. October 2013, 07:38: Message edited by: Palimpsest ]

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yeah, because what Hell is all about is benefitting people. If you can't really help someone, talking about them in Hell is pointless.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Big Grin] are you implying I don't know how Hell works?

I am not talking about the purpose of Hell. I am talking about how people are behaving on a Hell thread. Which is anybody's right.

Sark nailed it-- shooting fish in a barrel.

--------------------

Invictus_88
Shipmate
# 15352

- Posted      Profile for Invictus_88     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arethosemyfeet:
quote:
Originally posted by Invictus_88:
On the contrary, it is the most worthwhile thing to be loving toward those who have sexual attractions toward their own sex. How is loving one's neighbour ever "not worth much"?

I think the point is that there is very little that is "loving" about being nice to someone's face then using your money to support their persecution. Though judging from your phrasing I suspect you choose to pretend that gay people don't really exist...
Go to any country outside of the liberal west and then cry me a river about the "persecution" of homosexuals by the Church.
[Disappointed]

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
On the contrary, it is the most worthwhile thing to be loving toward those who have sexual attractions toward their own sex. How is loving one's neighbour ever "not worth much"?

I think the point is that there is very little that is "loving" about being nice to someone's face then using your money to support their persecution. Though judging from your phrasing I suspect you choose to pretend that gay people don't really exist...
Go to any country outside of the liberal west and then cry me a river about the "persecution" of homosexuals by the Church.
[Disappointed]

What is your point? That it's ok to be vile so long as somebody else is worse?
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
Wow, Boogie can accurately predict what other people are doing without knowing them in any way?

Except you don't. Exploiting it to the full would involve making serious money from it, not posting on a forum about some random bloke who has long since wandered off.

Which is a waste of money making time. And mean fun. Why have a battle of wits with someone unarmed who has gone away? It doesn't make you look clever; quite the opposite.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Yeah, the image I am getting is of a bunch of highschoolers passing a
slam book around.

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

quote:
slam book around.

Wow, how unlike every other thread in Hell.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
[Disappointed]

What is your point? That it's ok to be vile so long as somebody else is worse?
That's how I read it, too. "Yeah so I intentionally jumped the curb (kerb) and killed five people. Look at how many people died in Syria today and cry me a river."

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:

Except you don't. Exploiting it to the full would involve making serious money from it, not posting on a forum about some random bloke who has long since wandered off.

You didn't seem to notice I was being sarky - you should be able to recognise that from your name.

But, more seriously, like I said - I was getting at the attitude, not the bloke.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:
slam book around.

No, most Hell threads are like a wet toilet paper fight in the locker room.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

Your locker room was clearly far more interesting than mine ever was.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

From what I could see through the slats in the locker.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

[Overused]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
From what I could see through the slats in the locker.

But in which locker room?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

And why were you hiding in the locker, instead of coming out and enjoying the fun? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(Dear God, the English.)

I was implying I was crammed into the locker by hooligans, dearie. Have a zwieback and go back to sleep.

(Ok, in all seriousness, don't nerdy kids get shut into lockers in the UK?)

--------------------

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

quote:
(Dear God, the English.)

I was implying I was crammed into the locker by hooligans, dearie. Have a zwieback and go back to sleep.

Most UK schools have very few lockers, and they are usually no more than 1-2 cubic feet so... no, not really.
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
quote:
(Dear God, the English.)

Most UK schools have very few lockers, and they are usually no more than 1-2 cubic feet so... no, not really.
If any ... my sons' high school had none, they had to carry all equipment and coats with them.
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought for a minute it said the sluts in the locker, and then I thought, but that would be a very very naughty thing to say, wouldn't it? In fact, it would be a very naughty thing to even think, but damn it, I've gone and done it now. Question: does thinking something count in the overall itemization of one's horribleness?

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
Question: does thinking something count in the overall itemization of one's horribleness?

Depends. Can you guess what I think of where this thread has been heading for several pages?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am just surprised that you didn't catch on to all the leg-humping going on, say, about 3 weeks ago.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Oh, I caught on. I just didn't say anything. Didn't seem my place what with me being one of the queers who was chewing out the crypto-homophobes in the first place.

That was a while ago, though, wasn't it.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quite a long while ago.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
I thought for a minute it said the sluts in the locker

Are you saying Kelly was a slut in a locker?
[Eek!]

And yeah, the only place I've really come across lockers is at the local swimming pools, where they are about 1m by 30cm. Only big enough to fit someone in if you folded them up first... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:
I thought for a minute it said the sluts in the locker

Are you saying Kelly was a slut in a locker?
[Eek!]

I thought he was saying I was cavorting around with sluts in a locker, which would definitely be more interesting...

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

And way more fun [Big Grin]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MInd you, I think our pupils will push people into spaces that present themselves as available. In the early 60s,some girls at the school I attended were reported as having pushed a teacher into a cupboard. It was about 3 ft tall, and somewhat wider. She was a short teacher. Only not that short. And I was squashed into a sort of gap between a chimney breast and a wall, about a foot wide and 18 ins deep. (That was very odd, as it was an empty space, as tall as the room, but I felt something push me out. Years later, when the building was used for in-service training, I went back to check it out, and they had blocked off the space and papered it over.)
I think it is a good thing if we don't have those tall lockers - they would be used.

orfeo

# 13878

We should be talking about closets.

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

quote:
quote:
quote:
slam book around.

You're just trying to make passing the slam book around look like a good alternative.
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
slam book around.

You're just trying to make passing the slam book around look like a good alternative.
With some success, it must be added. [Snore]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016