homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » fucking itching and the idiot who doesn't think it matters

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: fucking itching and the idiot who doesn't think it matters
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck this fucking itchy post surgical skin and the idiot it rode in on ( namely, me). And the nurse who refused to even look at it but said to her poor wee subordinate, "just tell her to go get some hydrocortisone cream." Fuck you very much, lady. I have hydrocortisone cream up the wazoo, two benadryl by mouth and a ton more by skin, ice packs, and a full dose of hydrocodone--and it isn't fucking doing a fucking thing. My abdomen looks like hamburger. My family go in fear of the hivy red monster who has inflicted herself upon them. There are thirteen and a half hours yet before i can go see the NICE allergist, who will give something stronger than bathwater to cope with this. Meanwhile i can't even take a fucking bath, because of six fucking incisions.

I'm going to be the awake and awful asshole from hell all night, as I try not to scratch. Fuck you very much, idiot, for all your fucking help.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
See, children, what itching can do to a person. Lamb Chopped is normally the most calm, reasonable, and logical person on the ship, and now see what she's become.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reminds me of Dave Barry's "A Rash Proposal", in which he goes to a doctor hoping the doc will prescribe "one of those three-pronged garden implements" and instruct him to "rake it across the rash every 10 seconds or as needed."

Wishing you relief and peace, and non-idiot medical care.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Fuck you very much, lady. I have hydrocortisone cream up the wazoo...

Have you tried putting it on the rash?

All the best for your healing lamb chopped.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
eleven and a half hours!

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever I'm uncomfortable, I just drink the discomfort away. Or maybe an oatmeal bath, if you like your liver. Sorry for the itching.
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

My wazoo is Just.Fine.Thank.Yew. but I want the Rusty Farm Implement! Who's got it, who?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*points at orfeo*

I do NOT want to irritate the red rashy harpy lady....

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You got a rash too, huh? [Razz]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wouldn't want to irritate her either.

Something else (an allergen of some kind or the attempt to shove hydrocortisone cream up the wazoo) seems to have taken care of that already.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:

get it straight. LC is Red Rashy Harpy Lady.

I'm Red Ragey Stabby Lady.

There will be a test.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:

get it straight. LC is Red Rashy Harpy Lady.

I'm Red Ragey Stabby Lady.

There will be a test.

Sounds like LC could use a test. A lab test.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
*points at orfeo*

What, and you think that just because I'm in a different hemisphere, it'd be safer for me?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I keep wanting to sing the thread title to the tune of "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" by Journey but it doesn't quite scan.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
*points at orfeo*

What, and you think that just because I'm in a different hemisphere, it'd be safer for me?
yep. pretty much.

see, Lamb Scratched? Orf's right over here. he's holding the farm implement. just think how goooood it will feel to rake that bad boy across the ol' hives.

now, sick him!

*hides*

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I keep wanting to sing the thread title to the tune of "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" by Journey but it doesn't quite scan.

fuckin'... itchin'.... oooooooozin'....my derma.....
I'm tearing me apart, with every every IIIIICH
I'm tearing me apart, oh this rash's a bitch

It won't be long... ohhh! til the doctor's home
I just can't way-eee-yay-ee-ait, ooooh for that cortizone
and I'll be rubbin'...I'll be sighin'....
I'll be sleep-ay-ah-in'... like a mu-fucker!

[ 16. November 2013, 04:28: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're not supposed to drink hydrocortisone, either.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's not rush to any rash decisions. Six incisions are enough.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lamb Chopped

Probably a reaction to the steriliser they swabbed your skin with pre-operation.

1. Gently wash the entire area (they'll have swabbed from John O'Groats to Lands End) with mild face wash or anything you know doesn't make you itch.

2. Don't apply any more hydrocortisone cream - some people find it makes them itch more and you may be one.

3. Apply a little honey, if necessary mixed with a smidgeon of water.

Cover loosely.

DRINK WHISKY.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

I itch 24/7 as I have psoriasis and dry eczema, you have my sympathy and empathy.

My only advice is to train your brain to ignore it - which is easier some days than others.

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Dear God. I'm a red hivy harpy, and you torment me with Journey?

There is no mercy in this world.

--------------------

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dear God. I'm a red hivy harpy, and you torment me with Journey?

There is no mercy in this world.

Don't Stop. Believin'.
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Brandishes farm implement...

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

... and you don't want to know what I did to get it. Don't make me hurt you.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's a poem for you.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

quote:
... and you don't want to know what I did to get it. Don't make me hurt you.

Anyway you want it. That's the way you need it.
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Thank you, Moo.

Mockingale:

quote:
Hatchet-killings ain’t a crime:
Summertime is itchy time.

quote:
"I will do such things -- what they are yet I know not -- but they shall be the terrors of the earth!"

--------------------

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

quote:

Mockingale:

quote:
"I will do such things -- what they are yet I know not -- but they shall be the terrors of the earth!"

I shall laugh myself to death at this puppy-headed monster!

/Who's crying now?

[ 16. November 2013, 13:29: Message edited by: Mockingale ]

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LC, can you get
Epaderm or similar where you are?

After years of suffering, I finally saw a GP with an interest in dermatology who told me that the various STUFFS they put in "creams" as a preservative do, in fact, often exacerbate the condition (something no Consultant Dermatologist had ever suggested). Epaderm (no, I'm not on commission), otoh, is an oil-based preparation that allows the skin to heal by itself and certainly stops the itching ime.

[ 16. November 2013, 15:51: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

reality check, idiots - remember that the Ship (and sure as shit not Hell!) is not a good source of medical advice and the crazy crap these idiots are spouting is probably a bunch of fantasy and does no good whatsoever. However, even if you morons happen to have the really real for-sure cure for the common hive, we're not the place. you want to offer LC your medical advice, keep it private and off the boards.

of course, you all already know this, you just forgot, right?

comet, Hellhost

--------------------

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't scratch you'll make it worse!
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

MWA-HA-HA-HA. He gave me the GOOD stuff.

After eyebrows getting higher and higher as I told him all the shit I'd tried at once. I thought they'd get tangled up in his hairline.

He is a good Catholic and considers itching to be a Device of the Devil.

He offered no opinion on the provenance of the nurse who blew me off.

[ 16. November 2013, 18:08: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got a rusted farm implement for ya. Used by a friend of mine who had to clear out some underbrush to plant an herb garden. Naturally, she was quite pleased with her handiwork, and had me over to show it off.

"Um, Helen? That's poison ivy by the cilantro."

The look on her face when I pointed out what she'd been elbow-deep in the day before—simultaneously priceless and frightening. Of course I faked it and put on my best Sympathyface when she called me a day later, her arms and legs covered in weeping rashes. Somehow, taunting irate women with RFI's and a nasty case of the Rash doesn't seem like a good idea, even to sometimes dimwits like me.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
MWA-HA-HA-HA. He gave me the GOOD stuff.

After eyebrows getting higher and higher as I told him all the shit I'd tried at once. I thought they'd get tangled up in his hairline.

He is a good Catholic and considers itching to be a Device of the Devil.

He offered no opinion on the provenance of the nurse who blew me off.

Kicking the gong around, are we? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016