homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Greenbelt 40 - August Bank Holiday, Cheltenham (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Greenbelt 40 - August Bank Holiday, Cheltenham
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holiday Express. It is just opposite the site, so assuming they have a back entrance, it should be a short walk to get there and back.

If not, it will be a reasonable drive....

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Holiday Express. It is just opposite the site, so assuming they have a back entrance, it should be a short walk to get there and back.

If not, it will be a reasonable drive....

Will they be doing stuff that side of the A43? I'm not vastly far away so I'll take a gander sometime over see how walkable it is (and what looks like it might be a venue)

There's definitely a gate near Weekly Church and a sort of lodge on the A43 (Google shows it as a road, but I don't think it is public) when [the house and grounds have] been open the signs take you to between Geddington and Grafton underwood. But they own tonnes of fields (and most of Scotland)

[ 13. November 2013, 18:48: Message edited by: Jay-Emm ]

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
that would be premier inn corby then
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah I will check again with Dave. It would be nice for him to be able to walk back in the evening. Hmm Dave thinks it doesn't look walkable.

The family room in the Premier Inn looked a better bet, see, and the kids liked the buffet breakfast in the one in Cheltenham...

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

Dave commented also that it looks like there is an awful lot of land around the grand pile, so theoretically walking in might involve quite a hike...
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boughton House (pronounced Bowton, Bow as in front of a boat) is a great place. Here is the Boughton website which gives a glimpse of the amazing and weird restored landscape.
It is not usually open to the public except for odd days in July.
We have booked a nice B&B just 5 miles from the site - I was the first to ring up for Greenbelt so I had to explain it to a very interested owner who has now put it on her calendar.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am not sure i would want to walk along the A43 at night - also they may not let us in at the A43 end.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How very convenient [Big Grin] if the weather is a complete disaster we can commute.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As there is now a shiny new thread up to discuss Greenbelt 41 I'm going to close this one otherwise we will all get too confused!

WW
AS Host

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016