homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Dark Knight is heading East: Melbourne meet, November 24th or 25th

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Dark Knight is heading East: Melbourne meet, November 24th or 25th
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

- Posted      Profile for Mullygrub   Email Mullygrub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Melbourne shippies, listen up!

Our dearest conflicted (ambivalent? Definitely ambiguous at any rate, if the latest film adaptations are anything to go by) superhero of the night's watch, the West's own Dark Knight, be coming to Melbskies for a work conference or a crime-fighting spree or a faith healing seminar or somesuch.

Anyway.

Let's meet! Why not? Indeed.

Knighty will be city-based for his week's stay, so feel free to nominate some food place or other within the grid for our festivities. Although, we could also consider one of the many delightful breweries around and about, as I've heard tell that DK likes hisself a drops of good beers every nows and then.

SO! To detailing this beeyartch:

Sunday night 24th November
OR
Monday night 25th November
?

For dinner, probs. Yeah? Yeah.

Who's in, kidlets? Fun Melbourne times [Yipee]

--------------------
Smurfs are weird. And so am I.

Posts: 634 | From: Melbskies | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Mully.
Who are the Mexican shippies, anyhow?

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

- Posted      Profile for Mullygrub   Email Mullygrub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Who are the Mexican shippies, anyhow?
Not sure, Knighty. You'll have to head on over to the Mexico thread, I guess.

[Biased] [Big Grin]

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, are there any shipmates in Melbourne or not? Speak up!

--------------------

----

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Flying or driving?
Adelaide may be at your level or a long way beneath you.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Sorry, Pat, flying over Adelaide. Next time I'm in the city of churches, I'll let you know.

--------------------

----

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No sweat, Happy to wave as you pass overhead.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Looks like it's just you and me, Knighty, so far...

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might be able to make it. As far as I know I'm free on those days.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure LaTA will be here any mo.

I'll keep an eye out for potential reasons to visit Melbourne at that time. Slim chance, but you never know.

mr curly.

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Hi there, Mili!
Curls, it is always more than a pleasure to see you.
Anyone seen James the Confident around these parts?
Could I really meet the mythical LATA? My cup runneth over indeed. [Yipee]

--------------------

----

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

quote:
Originally posted by Mili:
I might be able to make it. As far as I know I'm free on those days.

Huzzah!

And yes, JtheC and LatA being in attendance (along with your good self, Mr Curly, should the stars align for us) would be A Very Good Thing Indeed [Big Grin]

[eta: correct name of my learned friend [Hot and Hormonal] ]

[ 01. October 2013, 00:33: Message edited by: Mullygrub ]

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mythical LaTA reporting in.

Sheesh ... that's one bad week for me. I have to drive up to Canberra to bring Altargirl#1 back home after three years there that weekend, and then hold her 21st on the Friday after and then fly to Bangkok on the Saturday.

I am in demand!

Nevertheless, I will try my absolute bestest to come along and meet The Dark Knight. I might even where my cat woman suit.

Ok, I'm kidding about the cat woman suit. But only because I don't have one. Otherwise, I'd wear it.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely there'll be somewhere in Bangkok you could buy a catsuit?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably. But sadly ex post facto.

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

And now that I think of it, I also have to pack Altarboy off to Africa for a month on the 26th and Altargirl#2 off to India on the 28th. I will be in need of therapy.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tried ebay?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Tried ebay?

For the catsuit or the Altar-kinder?

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

This is getting exciting now! [Yipee]
Anyone seen James the Confident around these parts? I may have to PM him if not.

--------------------

----

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well hello. I will be in Perth in November, due back on the 29th at the latest so could certainly consider something on the 25th. Count me in tentatively and I'll see what I can do.

I'm in Geelong now but that counts as part of the Melbourne sprawl (unless you are a Geelongite!). [Big Grin]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Wo, James - you're in Perth? You wanna hang out with jugular, AdamPater, rexory, Evensong and me? Let me know, I will see what I can do.

--------------------

----

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
You wanna hang out with jugular, AdamPater, rexory, Evensong and me? Let me know, I will see what I can do.

So. Freaking. Jealous.
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes DK, I am arriving sometime on the 11th of November and departing on the 18th. I will be busy one day (as yet unknown but I think the 16th) for a birthday party but can do stuff on any of the others, I'll work around you.

I'm looking forward to the drive, something I've always wanted to do. Now I have a reliable and economical car it is a dream soon to be realised!

I think I am arriving back in Geelong on the 24th and am not due back at work 'til the 1st of December, I hope we can do a Melbourne (or Geelong [Biased] ) meet.

P.S. Mullygrub, I have a spare seat in the car [Big Grin]

[ 04. October 2013, 08:22: Message edited by: James the Confident ]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Smack my thread up!
Where is this happening? I am staying at the Victoria Hotel, does that help?

--------------------

----

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

The Melbourne people are a shy retiring lot ( [Two face] ) but with some encouragement should come out of hiding--I hope.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thursday night free in Melbourne, this coming week.... CBD but will have a car...
Anyone else free?

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
Thursday night free in Melbourne, this coming week.... CBD but will have a car...
Anyone else free?

[Disappointed] Sadly not, Rowen.....

As to Knighty's thing, did I read somewhere that one of us has a preference for the Sunday night? That would be the 24th...

I have a few venue suggestions:

Bar Hum Bug at Little Bourke and King for food and / or drinkies.

One of my freaking favourite pubs in Melbourne, though a little out of town: The Town Hall Hotel in North Melbourne. GREAT FREAKING BURGERS, MAN.

Or, if we prefer to be all class and simply meet for drinks and whatnot, the Transit Cocktail Lounge (top level) at Transport in Fed Square.

What say youse, my lovelies?

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

I'm in the hands of all of you. I will get in hopefully around 5pm on Sunday Nov 24.

--------------------

----

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

How long will you be in Melbourne?

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Up we go. [Big Grin]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Sorry James. In town for TASA. Leaving the following day.

--------------------

----

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Okay kids, let's swing this shit.

You know what? I've had a brainwave (duck quick): given that the weather will (HOPEFULLY -- c'mon, Ra!) have settled into a more predictable pattern of late-Spring/early-Summerness, and given Knighty's penchant for the fermented barley brew and whatnot, let's go with St Kilda's jewel of craft beer wonder and delight, The Local Taphouse.

PLUS they do seriously the MOST amazing triple-fried beer battered chips you will EVER have EVER.

ALSO, [shameless plug] The Local was the scene of the Season One opening and closing episodes of my friend's new craft beer show, Craft Beer Crusaders, which *cough* features your very own and much beloved *cough* Mullygrub in a couple of moments of her own particular brand of beer-fueled charm and wit [Big Grin] [/shameless plug]

Taking into account when the Dark one's flight gets in, shall we meet at 7.00pm? There's a "beer garden" deck thing outside up on the top level -- let's meet there. Because it's great.

So:

Sunday 24th November
7.00pm
The Local Taphouse
184 Carlisle Street
ST KILDA EAST
upstairs on the deck thing.

Who be in?

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

I don't know what (or why) triple fried chips are, but I am happy to find out.

--------------------

----

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Holy crap, my friend.

Triple fried beer battered chips will make you believe in Santa.

As in, seriously. Ho fucking ho, get in mah belleh.

[ 06. November 2013, 21:29: Message edited by: Mullygrub ]

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Smack!
Still on target?

--------------------

----

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
Smack!
Still on target?

Well, I'll be there, so that's something.

....... anyone else coming along for the funsies?

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be along too. It will be good to meet you two and catch up with anyone else who can make it.
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

Looking forward to it, Mili [Yipee]
Who else?

--------------------

----

Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Ah, I think it'll just be a merry party of three [Hot and Hormonal]

(JtheC can't make it)

Mili, I'll wear a big red flower in my hair so you'll know me [Big Grin]

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

Sorry to be a piker. We have to have Altarboy at the airport at 5am on Monday for a trip to Africa, so I'm going to be running around like a hairy goat. Have fun in my absence.
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

I'll look for the red flower tonight. I must say though it's really hard to explain shipmeets to my friends. They tend to look at me strangely when I say I'm having dinner with two people I never met!
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

My personal favourite is, "No, it's not that kind of website..." [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

A lovely meet with Mili and Mully. Thanks, y'all! [Smile]

--------------------

----

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

Thanks, it was fun. Sorry I had to leave so early. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Melbourne.
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

Ha! Mili, we weren't too far behind you, actually [Biased]

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016