homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving 2013 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving 2013
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is the thread for the giving of thanks not just to God but to those people and organizations that have influenced our lives for good whether momentarily or over the longer term.

All that we have comes from God, may we all be faithful in giving thanks.

-- WW

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise You for all You have done in 2012, for the enlightenment shining for and through us all at the Paralympics, for the meetings of minds that strive to solve one another's problems and serve You and the beautiful world You have made.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The OP is so helpful and points me to thanks.

I am grateful for the radio and all it brings. So thoughtful - like now on faith with Joan Bakewell and Ben Kingsley.

Also for my partner I'd be lost without him.

And all friends and all who pray in their own spoken or unspoken way.

Also for Sr. Wendy becket, for Carmel,

& the silent presence ever day & night

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you God that my mother's hospital appointment went so well today. The staff were lovely - they really listened to her - and in 6 months' time or less, she should have a new hip. [Yipee]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise to God for a successful quadruple by-pass for Steve. I saw him on Monday and he's working hard to get home by the end of the week.

[Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise to God that the Telegraph printed an amazing article by a woman who gave up smoking with God's help. Her part of the bargain was that she had to tell people that was how she did it, and she has finally brought herself to the point of being able to write about it. Just amazing on so many levels! [Yipee] Here's the link
God knows how I finally quit smoking

Mrs. S, so glad she never took up that particular vice

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dad's funeral was the celebration that he and we all wanted.
It was an intense day but good in many ways.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for Tree Bee's dad's funeral.

thanks for Cedd's good news.

just eucharistia ! [Angel]

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We held the first circuit wide prayer event for the merging circuits. Still on a high from the fact that so many people from the other circuits also came along. Am feely very excited about the prospect of seeing how we can all work together!!

--------------------
Less is more ...

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Library restructuring news - I have been offered my preferred post! Am very relieved!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From a thread in Heaven:

From piglet:
Today I Commend To Heaven ...

... our neighbour/friend/builder from across the road who came over while we were at Evensong and dug out a path through the four-foot snow-bank left by the idiot* in the council snow-plough.

* who has duly been Consigned To Hell. [Devil]

From comet:
TICTHeaven my pack of friends who are willing to drop everything this spring, go to the town I'll be moving to, and build the addition onto my mother's house for me and the boys. They are not only highly respected (licensed, bonded, insured) contractors but also true blue friends. I even have them arguing amongst themselves on who gets to do which parts of the finish work. I love them all so much.

Ariel
Heaven Host

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Footballer in danger of giving his profession a good reputation.

OK, it may have been his wife's idea, but when people in this kind of position do some good there's always a chance it'll catch on.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
results from some tests arrived yesterday, giving me the all clear. No further checks for 3 years. A failed anesthetic during the first treatment 6 months ago left me terrified of further treatment, so I'm relieved and relaxed for the first time in a long time! Thank You God for the end of this anxiety.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I give thanks for recovering from the flu that I had contracted in the hospital! Also, the symptoms that brought me there in the first place have abated. I am seeing the doctor tomorrow and am feeling cheerful and able to bear whatever is going on. Thanks be to God!

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Something I was feeling quite guilty about having broken, even though it wasn't really my fault, turns out to not be broken after all. So relieved. [Big Grin]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since Neandergirl hasn't stopped by yet, may I be allowed to substitute?

Thanks be to God, and Yay for all the Yay!!! [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
22 January 1989 was a Sunday and the day I went to my first AA meeting - and I haven't touched alcohol since - 24 years Thanks be to God!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wodders [Overused] That is really impressive.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done WW. [Overused]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God for my mother's neighbours who will take parcels to the Post Office for her when pavements are icy or drive to the estate agents for the key when she locks herself out.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fantastic Wodders - that's worthy of praise indeed [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks folks but my gratitude is entirely God-wards.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Thanks folks but my gratitude is entirely God-wards.

God wouldn't have done it if you hadn't been willing. So it is good and right for you to focus on the One who gave you the strength and we are right to be the channels through which God says, "Well done, my son."

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am grateful and honored to have celebrated my parents' 60th anniversary yesterday! While so many of my peers have lost one or both parents, I feel very blessed to still have both of mine!

Congratulations, WW! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As part of the follow-up to my mum's death, I've discovered that my Dad's cousin in Helsinki is still going strong. I've been worried about her for a while and feared the worst when there was no reply yesterday, but she rang me back at 10 o'clock last night - must have been midnight in Finland (?) She had been out all evening at a dance. Now she's reached the grand old age of 93, her legs are too wobbly to dance any more, she says, but she can shout encouragment from the sidelines! [Smile]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
As part of the follow-up to my mum's death, I've discovered that my Dad's cousin in Helsinki is still going strong. I've been worried about her for a while and feared the worst when there was no reply yesterday, but she rang me back at 10 o'clock last night - must have been midnight in Finland (?) She had been out all evening at a dance. Now she's reached the grand old age of 93, her legs are too wobbly to dance any more, she says, but she can shout encouragement from the sidelines! [Smile]

[Killing me]

Mrs S, hoping she can be that good at 93!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spent today at the wedding of one of my cousins. He was widowed some years ago (long time shippies may remember me asking for prayers for his wife in her final sickness) and this was a joyous time of new love overcoming old grief. Plus I got to see a bunch of my family, which was a wonderful thing.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Giving thanks for small but encouraging signs of improvement in Hugal's mum's health after her stroke.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

The council have decided that I paid too much Council Tax on the flat i moved out of 15 years ago and want to give me nearly £100 [Yipee]

--------------------

Bostonman
Shipmate
# 17108

- Posted      Profile for Bostonman   Email Bostonman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm graduating university in May and just got a job offer from a church-based community organizing/social justice program. Something wonderful to do for a year. Thanks to the diocese for offering it, to the wonderful people who run it, and to God for guiding me to them!
Posts: 424 | From: USA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, I may have mentioned sometime back that my graduation was delayed due to a poor math class placement. Since I have to delay a couple semesters anyway, I have been convinced by my faculty adviser to take a Spanish minor. So I can walk out of university with more that a basic Liberal Studies diploma.

Just updated my mom about the situation and she was... her usual encouraging self (read sarcasm here.) I went to the computer to work on stuff, downcast, and found a Scrabble request from a friend waiting for me. For some reason she'd passed her hand, and I was to open the game.

The only word I could make with the tiles I had was "GATOR."

They can't take that away from me. [Big Grin]

[ 01. February 2013, 05:10: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heh. Nice wink from the Blessed Gator there. And good on you for doing the hard work.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me and Mrs Tor are 21 years married today. Is there a prize? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Work. I have more work. And an interview on Monday for more work - which is a relief as Mr D's contract has finished rather sooner than expected.

--------------------
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay!

I may have mentioned that our (OK, Mrs Sioni's) car died late last year.

Having restructured finances somewhat, she now has an 08 reg Ford Focus estate, and we are no worse off than before! Believe me, that's good!

eta: thanks to our daughter N, for very welcome taxi services in the interim. You're a star!

[ 01. February 2013, 12:34: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My son has a job after loads of applications and quite a few interviews!

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
I would like to thank God for the partner He gave me 11 years ago , and for the courage to ask her . My goodness, that bit wasn't easy.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
my dear friend has just announced she is pregnant. they've been trying for years. I'm so excited!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just returned from a party for my former choir director.
She's leaving the parish after many years to become vicar of a parish up the road. (Seminary and ordination came after she took over the choir.)

It was good to see everyone again. Good to see J. moving forward.

And it was good and and I offer thanksgiving that the black dog (q.v.) is chained and muzzled, and allowed me to show up and to enjoy myself this afternoon.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Smile] Amen.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

For a whole lot of reasons (I could list them, but you'd be bored) God is Good; let us praise Him and thank Him.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

That Mr. S does NOT have incipient glaucoma (he had a hospital appointment yesterday, in response to high eye-pressure readings at the optician's). Thank you God!

The Grateful Mrs. S [Smile]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hearty Thanks-be-to God for all the friends and medical geniuses who have prayed for/dealt with my wonky heart.

A-fib and heart failure (which doesnt really mean death is near but is very serious if not addressed) has landed me in the hospital twice. I had my 2nd electro-cardio-version in January, in which the heart is stilled, via electric shock, and re-started, hoping for a steady beat pattern.

This time it worked beautifully. That, with a combo of heart meds have me in very good shape. I'm so grateful to my cardio team, and God working through hands and intellects of my care-givers.

I can now carry something up a flight of stairs without having to stop 2 or 3 times to gasp for breath, and deal with overwhelming fatigue.

Thanks to Shippies who knew of my situation and pray mightily for me, to hope this "fix" continues.

And thanks Saints in heaven for forwarding my prayers to the Lord . <smile> Pearlie

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I give thanks and praise to God for finding me a way to get a new Ford car to replace the old one that was totalled at the end of January. It took a lot of doing to raise the money, but I managed and now drive a top-of-the-range Focus Titanium, black exterior with black leather, sunroof, turbo and all the options; this is likely the last car I shall need before I retire...

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Co-worker H had her baby by planned C-section on Monday. Last we heard they're both fine and H was impatient to go home (not sure if she was released yesterday or escapes today). [Smile]

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Truly thanks for all the help I have received this year with things around the house that I am no longer able to do with ease and hubby can no longer do at all. My kind neighbor takes our big trash can out to the curb each week. He started doing it for us unasked and says it is nothing, but it is such a big relief not to have to pull the heavy can up hill. My son who helps me with the heavy work in the yard, and another neighbor who fixed my sink, when he dropped by and found me down on the floor with my head under the sink. I had no problem getting down there it was the getting back up that was the problem. LOL
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Holy shit.

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I give thanks for wonderful friends/family (genetic and non-genetic) who accept me for (or despite?) what i am (which can't always be easy) and have helped me in ways that, without their help, i would be in a lot worse shape

this including my 4-footed buddy, Pulsar, who helps make a house a home

I give thanks for a wonderful church family -- a place where, it seems, God led me when i needed to find a community like this

I give thanks for continued good health a year and a third after a diagnosis of metastatic melanoma -- i give thanks that this diagnosis came at a time when medical developments indicate the possibility of this becoming, at the least, a life-long manageable treatable chronic illness (instead of the rather poor prognosis it has been)

I give thanks for having been created by a loving God to be part of his/her creation and for being able to appreciate it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, God!

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

I shouldn't be surprised...but I am.

Yesterday, my back was so painful (after it "went" 10 days ago) that I could hardly lift one foot to put it in front of the other. I asked for prayer.
Today, it is (almost) literally as though I had no problems - there's a bit of residual discomfort in the muscles of my leg, & a little twingey stiffness, but I can bend, walk, climb stairs, twist (carefully!)I am continually marvelling and wondering "why me?" (for healing!) Thank you God!

I still have an appointment chez le medecin tomorrow, where I'll ask for strong painkillers in case of a recurrence later on in the year, but now I'm a happy healed Dormouse. Thank you for your prayers.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
I shouldn't be surprised...but I am.

Yesterday, my back was so painful (after it "went" 10 days ago) that I could hardly lift one foot to put it in front of the other. I asked for prayer.
Today, it is (almost) literally as though I had no problems - there's a bit of residual discomfort in the muscles of my leg, & a little twingey stiffness, but I can bend, walk, climb stairs, twist (carefully!)I am continually marvelling and wondering "why me?" (for healing!) Thank you God!

I still have an appointment chez le medecin tomorrow, where I'll ask for strong painkillers in case of a recurrence later on in the year, but now I'm a happy healed Dormouse. Thank you for your prayers.

[Yipee]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016