homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving 2013 (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving 2013
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now I know we all have airplane and airport horror stories to tell, but here's a good one.

JB and I were going out of town and of course you strip off your jewelry and other accoutrements going through security. JB takes off his ring and watch and places it in his coat pocket and we go through the lines. We come our and redress, and lo and behold the ring is missing (not the wedding ring-his university one) NO RING. We search through everything. pockets, his pockets, my pockets and I start praying. NO RING.
So he goes through security thinking he dropped it or someone picked it up. NO RING. But, security says, bring back your jacket and we will X-Ray it.
Yes, shipmates, the ring had wedged itself inside the lining and there it was, bold as brass,
Give the airport a round of applause! I'm writing the airport ASAP and give a big "Attaboy" to security.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This last week has brought news of a forthcoming wedding, an occasion of great rejoicing. We're all so delighted! [Yipee]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just realised that another prayer was answered this morning when a conference call I was dreading turned out much better than anticipated. It's shocking how easily we forget that we've asked for help, and don't thank the Lord for his goodness. [Angel]

Also, thanks and praise for the beautiful weather and all the lovely spring flowers out in the gardens. [Axe murder]

The Appreciative Mrs. S [Smile]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's raining in the North-East of Brazil, in some places for the first time in almost two years.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ye Olde Motherboarde:
Now I know we all have airplane and airport horror stories to tell, but here's a good one.

JB and I were going out of town and of course you strip off your jewelry and other accoutrements going through security. JB takes off his ring and watch and places it in his coat pocket and we go through the lines. We come our and redress, and lo and behold the ring is missing (not the wedding ring-his university one) NO RING. We search through everything. pockets, his pockets, my pockets and I start praying. NO RING.
So he goes through security thinking he dropped it or someone picked it up. NO RING. But, security says, bring back your jacket and we will X-Ray it.
Yes, shipmates, the ring had wedged itself inside the lining and there it was, bold as brass,
Give the airport a round of applause! I'm writing the airport ASAP and give a big "Attaboy" to security.

How draconian is the TSA there? I have two rings, one white gold wedding and one silver and turquoise from New Mexico. I remove my heavy-duty Seiko watch but never the rings!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sir Kevin, this is a thread for Praise and Thanksgiving - please let us keep it that way. Discussions about the TSA can take place on the USA thread.

Thanks.

WW
All Saints Host

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I give thanks that yesterday's visit to the doctor treating my melanoma went well. The MRI results showed my liver remains clean!!! [Yipee] And my melanoma treatment will not be affected by any treatment for my newly discovered prostate cancer (generally a much less iffy thing than melanoma). And i heard some good things related to choices in dealing with the prostate thing that have me feeling more confident about that. And I feel very healthy. Good things are also going on in rearrangement/redecoration of my apartment. And this week spring has been beautiful.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanking God for answered prayers. He is a very present help in time of trouble. (Plus it's a beautiful day here! Thank God for that too!)

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A Good decision, a Right decision, a decision made with Intergrity and Wisdom.

A decision that will impact very favourably on so many people and a decision that i've waited two years to see.

Am so happy i could sit and blub
[Smile]

Thank You Lord!
(and thank you the people who made the decision)

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This morning I celebrated Communion for the first time in two years. Even though I felt very nervous, it was great to be acting as a priest again.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you God for answered prayers. [Yipee]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our project leader, S, has returned after his flirtation with pleurisy that morphed into pneumonia so, with one good lung, he's back on light duties. This week's review went well, all the questions were answerable (after a fashion) but we have just fourteen days left [Eek!] At least we know what we'll be serving up on May 31st.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A phone call that I was very worried about turned out better than I expected or hoped.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A huge improvement in the situation of one of my children, enormous relief. Thank God.

--------------------
Pondering.

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great service this evening.

2 years ago the local churches' youth group has 3 members and questions were being asked about whether to continue it.

Now it is 17 strong, and 10 of them were baptised and/or confirmed at a service involving the Methodist Minister, the Baptist minister and a bishop. Each one being welcomed according to the church where they worship.

Good to see such co-operation between the denominations.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have survived my notice period and am no longer employed in job-which-was-making-me-ill.

My DBS (aka CRB) check for my new job is still being processed, so I get a few weeks' break before I start my new job. (I can afford this financially, and emotionally / in terms of breathing space it suits me wonderfully.)

As a result of the above, I am currently a very happy bunny.

[ 20. May 2013, 10:22: Message edited by: Zoey ]

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All the celebrations for my mum's 70th birthday went as well as they possibly could have. Yay for the Ship's prayer warriors [Yipee] [Overused]

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you prayers and God - my iMac has been fixed and now I also have a biggish 'flat' one that has a bigger place to see everything. (My old one I've had for at least 15 years.) [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Lord
THANK YOU for a most amazing day.
[Smile]

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
thank You, God -- i finally got something accomplished that i've been procrasting about for the last month. Thank you God for inspiring me with a divine nudge. [Yipee]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a permanent contract, in the place i love working, doing the job i am loving. I didn't even have to go through an application or interview as they used the results from the last internal recruitment which was only six weeks ago. Very grateful that things have worked out so smoothly and come together so nicely. This news came the next working day after i discovered that i would have to wait until i had been there a year or until i was on a permanent contract to get a mortgage. Thank you for astonishing timing!

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay! [Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Girl's step-dad (her mom's partner of 7+ years), AB, had a stroke some weeks ago. He lost the ability to swallow. I just got an IM from her that AB can eat small portions and swallow a little bit. I've been praying like mad for him and asked my whole congregation to pray for him 2 Sundays in a row. God is so good!

*The Girl is my ex-bf's daughter who I keep in contact with...AND she is now crushing on DukeP, my nephew, who likes her too... [Smile]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
.AND she is now crushing on DukeP, my nephew, who likes her too... [Smile]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hehe. We'll see how long this last...two 16 year olds who live more than an hour apart, that don't drive yet. You're guess is as good as mine. [Biased]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Duchess -

A really cool auntie would:

a) Get them two matching phones.
b) Let us know which carrier to buy.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The lovely man in the Post Office in Chorlton [South Manchester, UK] who took my VISA card out of the machine when I left it there and kept it for me so when I went back in a panic an hour or so later he just smiled and handed it to me apologising for not chasing after me but he had customers and 'doesn't run as fast as he used to' - what a star!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Much to give thanks for today. The path report after the second cancer surgery came back clear. I've got rid of all my dressings and drains, I can fit into a pair of jeans at last, and can put my boiler suit away now. I could almost pass for a normal human being! Now I have to gear up for the nuclear and chemical warfare, but the surgery is finished.

My profound thanks for God's gifts that guide the hands of the surgeons, and to all who hold my wife and me in their prayers.

May other cancer patients be given such strength.

Peace to all

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My appointment with Occupational Health this morning (which I asked for prayer for on the Prayer thread) went okay. Not the most enjoyable way to spend half-an-hour by a long stretch, but they are going to say that I am fit to work in the job I want. Phew.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The project I have been w*rking on since Decemebr officially ended today and we completed the report we had ben commisioned to produce. As usual, it wasn't completed until about an hour before the presentation. A couple of people have had a month or more off, so stress and strain could have played a part, but nevertheless, we did it!

Proof of which is that the 'Next Steps' chapter was accepted, so the team stays intact and we have something to do from Monday. Problem is, it becomes an IT project (in part) so finishing on time is very unlikely.

TBTG.
[Overused]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Crazy Cat Lady
Shipmate
# 17616

- Posted      Profile for Crazy Cat Lady   Email Crazy Cat Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank God for encouraging me to stick with it when washing up looked more tempting!

Yesterday I was presented with a Masters in Social Sciences at Ely Cathedral.

--------------------
'They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me!"

Nathaniel Lee

Posts: 52 | From: Suffolk | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last week we had to drop $1500 we didn't have into the car (blown head gasket). Today we got a wholly unexpected refund check for overpayment of escrow to the tune of $1550. Thankful!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Gratitude seems to be my theme of the day so a big [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] for all the good stuff going on.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heard today I was awarded a $5000 scholarship. That won't hurt any!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Yipee] mousethief [Yipee]

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praising God for good results for my friend G who was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer at the end of last year. After 6 rounds of chemotherapy she had her surgery at the end of May and the post-surgery pathology results have come back last week showing the cancer has gone. She'll still need to have the planned radiotherapy and reconstruction surgery but no more chemo. [Yipee]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy anniversary to us! Z and I were married 35 years ago in Long Beach, California.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My daughter passed her driving test today!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you God for the dry and sunny week when we camped. And it was a lovely place to be, with lots of people being friendly. [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
womanspeak
Shipmate
# 15394

- Posted      Profile for womanspeak   Email womanspeak   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks to the surrounding parishes who have so welcomed us during a difficult time in our parish and diocese.

Thanks for safe travel for us and the kangaroos who also want to share the road in the early morning on the long journey to find a welcoming church.

Thanks to those who have welcomed us into their homes and lives and shared our burdens, who have prayed with us and for us.

Thanks be to the Holy Spirit for arms wrapped around us, for the Holy Scriptures, for prayer answered.

--------------------
from the bush

Posts: 62 | From: rural australia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
much thanksgiving and happy Snoopy-Dog Dancing for the arrival of As Yet Unnamed Baby Boy - born to one of my dearest friends. I can't be there and it's only killing me a little bit... but I got pictures and he's GAWjus!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks from here that our failed water pump [from the well to the rooftop tank] was just that the hose had disconnected from the pump itself and it all cost a fairly negligible amount to fix, as opposed to a new pump which might have cost a tad more!

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I am very, very grateful that my kids are safe.

Daughter-Unit was at work today when a woman drove through the front door right in front of D-U. Nobody was hurt, thank goodness.

D-U's hubby works in law enforcement and was by the side of the road Tuesday evening with other officers on a call. All the officers were out of their cars, dealing with the incident, when a young woman, going well over the speed limit, crashed into S-i-L's cop car. He was able to leap away from his car which was pushed into another patrol car. His car was totaled. If he had been in the car, I have no doubt he'd be in the hospital right now.

jj...a shaky mama right now.

[ 15. June 2013, 01:05: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

Praise to God for the wonderful new man in my life, I call him "batman" on here (SoF) to guard his real life name. He is a tall drink of water. Sweet, kind. And (dare I say it) sexy. Oh thank you God. [Axe murder]

eta: he is lawyer without a facebook. So dang it, can't show him to you on facebook those of you on there with me. And my mom is on there...not quite ready for 20 questions yet...

[ 23. June 2013, 05:51: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Dowager Great Aunt M (in hospital with a broken hip at 92) was so much better and brighter on Saturday [Axe murder] that the Dowager Mrs S, her slightly younger sister, was much more able to face the fact that one of her oldest friends and colleagues had died. E was in constant pain with osteoarthritis and needed open-heart surgery that she wouldn't have survived, but her passing has still left a gaping hole in the Dowager's life. [Votive] [Votive]

Thank you God for the healing for Great Aunt M and its effect on the Dowager [Overused]

Mrs. S, sad and glad at the same time

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Giving thanks that a colonoscopy today revealed nothing to worry about: I was so scared I couldn't bear to mention it beforehand. Now about to get on with the rest of my life.
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Lighting a [Votive] and a priest's prayers paid off: My lovely bride got the job!

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just heard that 3 years post diagnosis with lymphoma my lovely youngest daughter (29) is still well and is moving from check ups every 4 months to check ups every 6 months....still a ways to go but heading in the right direction

So, so thankful

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wonderful to read these thankful posts.

One of mine to add; Daughter Erin has a new job, in the nick of time as she was covering maternity leave in her current position which is about to end.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

As I posted on the prayer thread, I'm praising that my missing cat came home on her own. An additional thanks that a vet checkup has shown she took no harm from the experience except picked up some fleas.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016