homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The USA thread (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The USA thread
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Only schedul complication is a fellow Tori Amos fan to meet, but I haven't organised any particular day or time with her yet.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We'll be in the middle of trying to sell our house. Any proposed time will be equally unpredictable as to whether or not I can make it.

But I'm sure you'll manage to have a good time without me...

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So orfeo, what part of town are you staying in? If you don't know Portland geography, just go by the street address: NW, SW, NE, SE, or N.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a little bit east of the river. The street claims to be NE. I know I am close to your legendary public transport system, on a line that leads to the airport I believe.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup! Two goals in 17 seconds! YAY!!! [Yipee]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup! Two goals in 17 seconds! YAY!!! [Yipee]

Really?

I guess I got out of Boston just in time!

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, so you're going to be in the Irvington-Sullivan's Gulch-Hollywood area. There are plenty of good places to meet up around there. Last Portland meet was at the Moon and Sixpence. If you're a bit closer to the river, the Rose and Thistle might be more convenient. No real first-rate Portland brewpubs in the area, unfortunately.

Since you'll be here during the week, I expect it'll have to be an evening thing. I'll poll the PDX crew, or they can chime in here if they're reading the thread.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm just reading a story that takes place somewhere on the East Coast of the USA and Thanksgiving is approaching and there is talk of deep fried turkey!

Isn't that a tad unhealthy? Do people really eat it? Is it as good as the characters say it is?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whole deep-fried turkey? That would take one hell of a chip pan.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Take a look at how Alton Brown does it. With a "turkey derrick".

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They sell special Turkey Fryers.

Actually, deep-fat-frying can be a healthy way to prepare food. If the temperature is just right, the surface of the food is sealed as soon as it hits the oil. This prevents the oil from penetrating the food. My grandmother used to boast that after she had finished frying doughnuts, she had as much fat/oil as she did when she started.

Unfortunately, there are very few modern doughnut shops that do it right.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Given that your Granny is no longer with us, I think I would run a mile in the opposite direction if faced with deep-fried turkey prepared today.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
deep fried turkey!

Isn't that a tad unhealthy? Do people really eat it? Is it as good as the characters say it is?

It is wonderful!. When done properly it is no more greasy than a roast turkey, and can be much jucier, as good hot oil seals the juices in. They also cook a lot faster, IIRC an hour to an hour and a half.

We shall not speak of the (un-)healthiness crispy-crunchy-crackly skin, yum yum. Nothing to see there, move along, nothing to see here, leave us crispy-skin fans to our once- or twice-a-year treat.

A friend of mine hosts a big pre-Thanksgiving party, for which he typically fries 2-3 birds and roasts one. And I carve them. And carve and carve and carve. By the time I'm done carving/snacking I've had enough turkey, and its time for side dishes and dessert. [Big Grin]

Now I'm all hungry for turkey...

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm of the bake my turkey camp, although I have eaten deep fried turkey and Mars bars, etc. [Snigger]

You can have your duck and goose, I'm for a well baked turkey everytime. And then days and days of turkey leftovers. OH JOY! [Big Grin]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
up here our "speciality" is smoking the whole turkey. devine.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's an alarming video of an encounter with a yellow jacket nest taller than a person.

Warning: NSFM [not safe for Martians (or others squicked out by flying arthropods)]

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I'm just reading a story that takes place somewhere on the East Coast of the USA and Thanksgiving is approaching and there is talk of deep fried turkey!

Unhealthy as in unsafe.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYkRF_FmD40

[coding adjusted for link]

[ 28. June 2013, 04:45: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

I personally know someone who lost a garage that way.

Personally, I prefer my turkey brined and then barbecued very slowly over mesquite. That's if I have to eat it at all--I always argue for goose.

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I think we all enjoy the occasional goose [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's certainly way too many turkeys and not enough goosing in my life.

*ducks*

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by comet:
[QB] There's certainly way too many turkeys and not enough goosing in my life.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
[QB] There's certainly way too many turkeys and not enough goosing in my life.

I think so, too! [Killing me]
[Overused] Comet strikes again! [Snigger]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
There's certainly way too many turkeys and not enough goosing in my life.

*ducks*

Turkey, goose, duck. Anyone for swan? Can you eat swan in the US of A? We have weird laws reserving swan for royalty and Oxford dons.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

*serious face*

they're protected here, at least in Alaska. when I was a kid, swan sightings were rare, now they're pretty common. so it's working!

We also eat grouse and ptarmagin, here.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

We also eat grouse and ptarmagin, here.

Grouse are certainly a game bird here. I was once waiting for a flight to Belfast when I fell into chat with a chap who, by reason of friendship with a keeper, had been allowed to take a capercaillie - which was now in his suitcase. The better to avoid detection, he'd given it a thorough under-wing blast of
Brut for Men.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

one of the beauties of Alaska Airlines (and our little regional air taxis and ferries) is that they know they will be asked to transport dead animals in varying states of dismantling, so they're ready. I have asked them to haul some strange stuff, but I've seen even stranger. my worst was sending a slightly decomposed lynx (size of a big dog) to a lab for a post-mortem. they didn't even blink.

love the idea of the brut deoderent (would it get in the meat, though? eww!) probably worked better than my packing peanuts and lysol spray.

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, goose.

Time for a family story. We were talking about Christmas dinner one time and my mom said something bad about turkey, so I suggested a goose. (We all knew our Dickens.)

She decided to get two of them, put 'em in a roasting pan and popped it into the oven. I don't guess she'd taken into account the warnings about goose fat. Two of those things throw off an immense amount of fat.

When she took the birds out of the oven, she tipped the pan and poured a pool of goose grease on the kitchen floor, then stepped in it.

Down went mother (in her new silk dress), pan, geese, grease, and all. For the rest of her life, mention of geese caused an odd silence in our house.

(Yes, of course we picked up the birds and served 'em. The rest of the family wasn't in the kitchen.)

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Goose grease tale #2.

Also a Xmas dinner, in England. It was a *huge* goose, almost the size of a turkey, but built like a tight end rather than a nose tackle.

It went in the oven and despite removing some of the goose fat there was still a heck of a lot of it. Way too much and it overflowed the roasting tin, down out of the oven and into the cabinet in which wine was stored.

We saved the wine, mostly by drinking it immediately.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:

love the idea of the brut deoderent (would it get in the meat, though? eww!) probably worked better than my packing peanuts and lysol spray.

He was taking it to the taxidermist rather than the kitchen, I believe.

Which reminds me of the ferry from the Cyclades back to Athens: so universal was it that passengers were carrying bags of fresh fish/seafood that the boat had a walk-in fridge. Which is way better than spending 4 hours on the Aegean in summer temperatures in close proximity to a simmering octopus.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Goose Grease Tale #3

I was young and learning to cook. used a cake pan rather than a deep roasting pan. duh! using a wood stove oven and the grease overflowed within the oven. I hear all sorts of fireworks and open the oven to find my goose en flambe' as well as the whole of the oven compartment. very exciting operation getting that bad boy out of there and out into the snowbank. And the oven was also used to heat the house so the place smelled like burnt goose fat for weeks afterwards. NASTY.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I be the first on this side of the Big Pond to wish all our chums south of the border a happy Fourth of July?

Have a good one! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I sit here on the eve of the fourth, still over thirty minutes left, after a day of helping my mom prepare for her wedding and for the general festivities. Looking toward to tomorrow for the celebration.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

Amazingly, it doesn't yet sound like Beirut 1982. Just the occasional random bang.

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I must say that I quite enjoy a random bang...

...but leaving that aside for a moment

HAPPY FOURTH!!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

crossing my fingers and squeezing my eyes shut that some hotshot with a lighter doesn't burn our state down tomorrow!

happy fourth, everyone! stay safe, enjoy midsummer and party like a revolutionary!

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Independence day, y'all! It's a beautiful clear day here for the first time in about a week, so it should be perfect for fireworks. So it's time to raise a glass, sing the National Anthem like nobody's listening, and party like it's 1776!

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

A bit late but...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday America,
Happy Birthday to you.

237 years, looking pretty good.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

I did end up with a hyperventilating dog sleeping next to me half the night, until things quieted down. But on the whole it wasn't too bad. Then spent the day at the Waterfront Blues Festival, as I do every year at this time.

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And the beat goes on. We have been having fireworks in our county for 3 days now and one to go. Each town seems to have them for the 4th on a different night. Town down the road had them on the third, two other towns had them on the 4th, the Indian Casino had them tonight and our area is having them on Saturday. No reason why, no plan that I know of, but it is fun to keep the party going. I am running out of red, white, and blue outfits however and getting tired of eating hot dogs, and watermelon to support all the local fund raisers. It is just kind of nice to get out of the house once it cools off in the evening. Very thankful with this hot dry weather we have not all gone up in smoke.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How does one get tired of watermelon? [Biased]

I just had a big slice with my turkey sandwich, and feel so contented! God did a good thing making those melons. And especially since She knew to grow them on the ground instead of from a tree.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

the image of a watermelon tree is a little frightening!

doggy fireworks antics: We went downtown for the show (happens at 11 pm, here). I left my car at home, and put Frodo (the dog) in the car, as that's his place of comfort. We live about a mile from the waterfront up the side of a steep hill in deep hemlock forest, so I knew the booms wouldn't be too bad up here.

When we drove home, we came around the corner to see the brake lights on my car erratically going on and off. Frodo had climbed into the footwell under the steering wheel and was stuck. He's over 100 lbs, not a small dog. so we had to do a wedged doggy extraction; took 3 of us.. All the rest of the night I was power snuggled and he's STILL jumpy. I assume someone in the neighborhood was setting off fireworks, also.

poor big baby!

[edited for grammar. geez.]

[ 06. July 2013, 19:30: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

One time my choir director brought her newish puppy to rehearsal. Isabella really loves me and got excited every time she saw me.

One night I had to go upstairs to get some music. Isabella decided to accompany me to the loft. She took it into her mind to dive under the organ bench, where she discovered that the footing was less stable than she expected. (Bark, yelp!)

When I got her calmed down and returned to rehearsal, I announced that while I'd heard of a Kitten on the Keys, that was the first time I'd seen a Puppy on the Pedals.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've learnt to turn the pedal stops off when I see one of our congregation, who is very partially sighted, and his guide dog heading over in my direction to say hello after the service.

In his early days of coming to say "hello" the dog would tread on the pedals! He didn't connect the hideous sound of C and D pressed down together with his paw action, it was just a useful step to a friendly voice!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Had a wonderful Fourth with the son and family, spending it in Silverthorne/Dillon Colorado area.
Frisco had the most impressive eclectic Fourth of July parade (I've never seen so many trucks, tractors and I think everyone in Frisco was in the parade. Lots of churches, children on bicycles, costumed dancers, "Colorado Queens", people on horses, and some huge earth moving equipment). Yep, it was one different parade.
Spent some time in Vail, which is like being in a Disneyland German village, but more pretentious and way more expensive.
Then drove to see Tomb and Julie up in the mountains and had a mini meet at a local ski resort. Great day!

--------------------

Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We started the 4th out with a trip to take our older dog to the vet. Came home with him drugged up to the eyeballs with a morphine-relative, so he spent most of the day semi-comatose on the couch. Of course, the drugs started wearing off in time for fireworks, but The Otter Pup to carried him up to the bedroom, where the window air-conditioner, two fans, and a white-noise generator drowned most of the noise out.

The other dog perked his ears up and looked around to see if the bigger booms were something interesting, or boring not-food noises. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My previous pair of cats spent July 4 under the bed most of the time, especially when they were young, so I was wondering how the new pair would take it. At the first ka-boom, one half-raised an eyelid; the other didn't budge.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Checking in from camp- by the fire with a new-to-me Jo Nesbo book, having just pigged on pel meni, on the shores of a lake at the foot of a glacier with birds and critters all over and great towering spruce and hemlock above, with thick moss below. Green paradise.

I needed this.

(and yes! Full cell service! Crazy!)

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Part of my brain is thanking God for giving you this great vacation. The other part is breaking the last Commandment at the top of my mental lungs (coveting ya know): I wanna! I wanna!.

Well, the better halfa brain is now telling the unruly half to shut the feck up. So here's to having a good time for yourself, comet. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Timothy poked me to say there was a shipmeet about (which I missed) and so I'm looking in. Just got back from a trip to Ireland with my daughter and we had a blast! Yes, it was hot over there - came back with a tan for heaven's sake! We had two weeks off and about with a car, hostel rooms and directions from megolithic Ireland - traipsing over sheep pastures and cow fields, hitting pubs every night for music - really had a marvelous time. I'd go back again. Truly was amazing.
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*bump*

Page two? Really?

The weather man from one of the local stations was wending his way toward the station for the 5AM show, when he found cows standing in the middle of one of the main roads in town. [Big Grin] Surprise!!!

I know. Lame post, but nothing exciting is happening. Yet.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016