homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » English Spoken Here: 2013 (Page 52)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: English Spoken Here: 2013
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How many of them were alive to eat breakfast the next morning, Wodders? It must have been quite a shock.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One lovely, cantankerous old woman in her 90s followed me from room to room on her walking frame trying to stroke my butt! She laughed so much we were seriously concerned but she lived to see the next day - albeit with a bit of a hangover!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That page break was in a dangerous place, I thought you were talking about a village festival there.

We are working normally Christmas eve here in the office of one of the world's many favourite airlines, although I have come in a bit earlier than usual in the hope of leaving around 4.

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christmas Eve already!?

Amazingly, this morning the local trees seem to be mostly intact, though for hours last night the wind and rain were banging on the windows wanting to be let in. It looks a calm, half-sunny morning but there'll probably be a lot of debris and water on the country roads right now.

I'll have to pop out later to the local shops - I have no mince pies left and what would Christmas be without a mince pie to snack on?

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Nen today has the Urge to Clean and the best thing for the rest of us to do in these circumstances is to Stand Well Back.

He cleans well and thoroughly when he does it. Unfortunately he only gets the urge about twice a year.

Nen - bracing herself for a discussion about her own shortcomings in the cleaning department later... [Eek!]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
Mr Nen today has the Urge to Clean and the best thing for the rest of us to do in these circumstances is to Stand Well Back.

Nen - bracing herself for a discussion about her own shortcomings in the cleaning department later... [Eek!]

Sounds like you are channelling me and TME - when he cleans he kind of reminds me of Animal from the Muppets, and the best thing for me to do in the circumstances is get out of the way and feel vaguely inadequate. It wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of early warning system that the cleaning urge was about to strike him.

Meanwhile, in Christmas news I finally wrapped TME's present today (in front of him, but I figured that was OK given that he saw it in the shop and suggested I buy it for him for Christmas, and might well have paid for it as well, so it's already not exactly the world's greatest surprise). Also bought some brussels from Lidl earlier, as TME isn't well so couldn't brave the elements and pick ours from the allotment. So we'll have to eat those well into January - locals might want to give our house a wide berth!!

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been suffering from an Urge to Clean for the last couple of days... Fortunately, it coincided with the first two days of the college holidays, and the days I'd mentally put aside for the activity. I just wasn't expecting such a thorough urge!

I think anything that can be cleaned has been, anything that can be laundered has gone through the machine and has dried, my work clothes are all ironed..

Just Midnight Mass, and Christmas Morning services to play for, then I can collapse in a heap and enjoy the pristine state of the Japes' abode.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's work over. Back on Friday.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wishing everyone a peaceful and joyous Christmas.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, and the same to you and indeed everyone else.

Crimble shopping all done, and nothing left to do now except eat it, so I've been watching a DVD of "The Hobbit" (Part I) which a colleague kindly lent me. Very enjoyable - I liked this a lot more than LOTR, not least for the excellent Martin Freeman. Great range of expressions, and suits the part of Bilbo very well.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Midnight Mass was fun though in the Carols beforehand, sung by an enthusiastic if untrained group of locals, I could have done without Santa Claus is coming to town, though, for all I know, the Malayalam words may have had some spiritual content. The Celebrant, a priest who comes from here but works in Yellowknife in Canada, was probably one of the very few [including Pete & I, of course] who have actually experienced snow. In his homily he even mentioned Pete and I - and in positive terms!

[Ultra confused]

Afterwards we were invited to party into the night but declined; my functionality after midnight is somewhat limited. Plus the guy who extended the invitation is a Manchester United fan and even I have my limits!

We are now off next door to a housewarming at our new neighbours' house so more food - I imagine Pete will be hungry again by now, he usually is.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thyme:
I remember post being delivered on Christmas Day. I loved that, it seemed very exciting and Christmassy to a child.

Father-in-Law was a postman. Mother-in-Law is over for Christmas and remembers helping him on his round on Christmas morning. They were half cut by the middle of the round because of all the nice people who offered them drinks. How could they refuse at Christmas?

How she remembers she didn't say.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The housewarming was fun, nice family - mum, dad and two sons aged 8 & 11. The mum is in an allied profession to my ex-job so we will have lots to talk about, I think. Beautiful house, nicely designed and nicely finished. Lovely food and they got us to eat inside as the outside, where other people ate, is gravel and that is not easy to manoeuvre for a wheelchair.

Ex-maths student neighbour boy was there, with his family, and was telling me how he made a hash of one of his recent exams - happily these were only internal exams of no great moment so I left him, I hope, grateful that he had made the mistake now so that he can learn from it for the future - the year end exams in March count towards his final mark in March 2015 so it would be sad to make the mistake then. The little lad that first came to me for tuition all those years ago is now nearly as tall as me and will probably end up about my height. They grow up so quickly!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by moonlitdoor:
That page break was in a dangerous place, I thought you were talking about a village festival ...

My thoughts exactly! [Killing me]

Nen, can I borrow Mr. Nen the next time he has one of his urges? [Devil]

I apologise for my absence from the virtual teapot yesterday - I seemed to spend the whole day cooking and baking, and realised as I was wrapping presents to be delivered at Midnight Mass that there was no way I was going to get any Ship time.

We're having the whitest Christmas I've ever seen - it sn*wed most of the day yesterday and didn't really stop until early this afternoon, so we've now got about two feet of the bloody stuff. [Frown]

Christmas morning Eucharist was choral - just. There were four of us in the choir plus D. so we were quorate, and about 10 in the congregation. However, it was very nice - Fr. Fred, our recently-ordained non-stipendiary priest sang it beautifully, and we made not a bad fist of Arthur Wills' Missa brevis.

We're heading out in an hour or so to have Christmas dinner with friends in the choir, which should be v. jolly.

Merry Christmas! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas, all [Smile]
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi Amber! Hope you had a good Christmas! Lovely to see you here. [Smile]
Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What with floods and gales here in the UK and snow in Canada and the eastern US, are all Shippies warm and dry?
Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
What with floods and gales here in the UK and snow in Canada and the eastern US, are all Shippies warm and dry?

Yes, thank you - but feeling for the ones who are not [Votive]

We have had three busy festive days. We had full Christmas dinner with family and friends on Christmas eve, then another on Christmas day! Today we are going to my brother's farm for yet another festive meal.

The diet starts tomorrow!!

My dog was as sick as a dog in the night - someone has been sneaking her bits of turkey I reckon.

I was very proud of Tatze yesterday - she met her first ever children who were all over her. She was gentle as a lamb.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

Hosts,my post re enquiries as to wellbeing of Shippies should have been a new thread in All Saints. Can you replace me?

Thank you so much [Smile]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nicodemia, please feel free to start the thread with your own title, etc. as anything I attempt on your behalf couldn't match what you would do.

We're coping okay here [Biased]

--------------------

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

WW - I've done that, now could you delete my two posts which aren't making sense now.

Do I ever??? [Confused]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'd rather not as if they get deleted [which we don't much like anyway] subsequent posts from Boogie and I also become meaningless...

...and if we deleted posts because they are meaningless the whole Ship might implode!

[Eek!] [Two face]

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here at Casa Nen we are replete after a late Boxing Day lunch of leftover turkey, chocolate log with ice cream, coffee and chocolate. Now drawing breath before the family gathering this evening with Nenlet1 and her in-laws. [Smile] Mr Nen and Nenlet2 went on a long bike ride this morning and are suitably subdued and tired. No talk of the Urge to Clean today. [Big Grin]

Nen - almost at Chocolate Capacity - but not quite. [Biased]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I very bizarrely seem to have lost my appetite. I am not ill, I have been pottering around doing all kinds of fun things today, but I have just not been hungry, other than the occasional snack.

Here's hoping it returns soon, as I've a fridge full of treats to eat. And lots of uneaten chocolate... this is unheard of.

[Ultra confused]

--------------------

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
... The diet starts tomorrow ...

Isn't that when all diets start? [Big Grin]

We were very well-fed at our friends' - turkey, all the trimmings and copious lubrication. Today was more-or-less cancelled - we slept very far in and have been vegging out and phoning relatives.

At least the mystery of D's family's whereabouts has been solved - he assumed they were all at his sister's and wondered why he wasn't getting a reply there yesterday, but it turned out they'd gone up to his niece's near Manchester. His mum swears she told him, and even gave him E's phone number, but he has no recollection of it ... [Ultra confused]

We're now contemplating going out to see if there are any nice eateries open for a spot of supper; I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
... almost at Chocolate Capacity ...

What do you mean, chocolate capacity? [Confused]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm v.v. cross with the City rubbish-collectors. I put the rubbish out late last night, and by this morning the bags had been almost covered over with the further foot of sn*w we got overnight. Seeing a bin lorry heading in our general direction, I rushed out to dig out the bags so that they'd be visible, but it was going down the other side of the road. Fair enough, I thought, they'll do our side later once the plough's been past, but they didn't - at least, they didn't take our bags (except the plastic and paper-recycling ones), and I have absolutely no idea why - they seem to have taken everyone else's.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Then I decided to do a bit of post-Christmas/post-pay-day shopping, which was a complete bollocks - the shopping-centre I went to had absolutely nothing that appealed to me.

disgruntled piglet [Frown]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's time to walk the pooch at around 10am, she has been getting two a day lately - which walk 'tho?

Reservoir, woods, river, park, lake or moors?

Choices choices ...

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

We got our bins emptied last week. I think it was the first time this month.

Unfortunately we have a "fortnightly" recycling policy and a plethora of different coloured bins - six different kinds in all - so it's not surprising that sometimes rubbish gets put into the wrong one. If it does, the bin gets a label from the binmen pointing this out and it won't be emptied.

What with that and them not always turning up when you expect them, we're prone to stuff overflowing on a fairly frequent basis and being dumped in the surrounding area because there simply isn't any room in the bins for it, which never looks good and attracts "visitors".

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our first day free over Christmas, having had commitments all week at the inlaws. Boxing Day was my favourite, we went to the barrel race in Grantchester, as usual, to watch our village team lose, as usual. Then we went to the inlaws to play games and later had dh's brothers and their families round for dinner and served a roast dinner based on recipes from Rick Stein's India cookbook.
Today we are mostly lazing around and my children are glued to the computer. I'm probably going to tidy my craft desk so dh can set up my new lampworking torch.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

Goodness me... it would appear I signed up for this voyage ten years ago today. [Ultra confused]

Where did those 10 years go to?!?

Thank you all for the company! It's been far more valued than you can imagine.

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Anniversary, Japes! Getting a boarding pass for the Ship was a Good Thing for me too, although it took me a while actually step onto the gangplank and come on board.

So far today, I have finished writing a letter, walked briskly to the post office to buy a stamp for it, walked back home again and had a cup of coffee. (The "briskly" bit is important as it counts as exercise...)

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just opened my Christmas presents, having been in foreign parts for the day itself. I joined the local Catholic Church for midnight mass, which was great. The holiday itself was a bit bizarre - the friend who wanted me to go with her ignored me after discovering someone to flirt with - others in the group were lovely (and asked me why I travelled with her!) so it wasn't too much like Shirley Valentine. She was back to normal after we left the hotel but I am still wondering if it's worth trying to work out what happened - it certainly won't happen again.
So back to the grey skies and rain, and normality.
Are the sales worth investigating?

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sales? Nah....although I did manage to restock my underwear drawer with 2 new items and replace another non underwear related item as well...
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having decided against mooching around the sales thinking it would be too crowded (I hate having to sharpen my elbows to look round shops, then coming home with just a newspaper), I nipped into the local Morrisons for assorted oddments. The checkout woman complained that it was too slow. Maybe it would have been ok.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I took a few photos before and after Midnight Mass the other night and took them to church this morning to give them out and was chatting to the altar boys asking what Standard [Year, Grade, etc.] they were all in and a little old lady [probably my age] piped up that she is in First Standard and having trouble with it!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't even manage a newspaper (they're a bit rubbish over here anyway); all I bought was a small cup of Timmy's™.

Another long lie-in today, followed by making left-over turkey casserole for tomorrow's lunch, to which dumplings will be added when we come back from church, and we're just back from a party at my boss's house, which was v. jolly.

Busy day tomorrow - usual service in the morning, a spot of cooking in the afternoon, then Nine Lessons and Carols followed by the choir pot-luck party in the evening.

Better go and do the Crew's Quiz in the Circus and then get some sleep - night-night! [Snore]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

We are off to Manchester today to look for white leather shoes with my son.

He's training to be a nurse in Heidelberg, the uniform is provided and washed and ironed for them every day, but he needs to get white leather shoes - polishing them will be fun!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

Boogie, if you Google Uniform Stores there are a lot of addresses in Greater Manchester that do all sorts of uniforms, including nurses. Good luck!
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

It might be easier to try getting them in Heidelberg. Some of the other nurses may be able to recommend a shop that's well used to supplying these?

Quite frosty this morning - had planned to drive off somewhere but now thinking thst the little winding country roads might be a bit too much of an adventure (and it might be a bit too cold anyway).

Incidentally, has anyone been watching "Death Comes to Pemberley"? If not, you missed a treat - great stuff. There's nothing like a bit of costume drama at Christmas.

moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wonder what the vegetarian nurses are supposed to do. Maybe they can wear plimsolls !

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
I wonder what the vegetarian nurses are supposed to do. Maybe they can wear plimsolls !

He IS vegetarian! Hadn't thought of that - maybe plastic is allowed?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:

He IS vegetarian! Hadn't thought of that - maybe plastic is allowed?
It is a major issue for a vegan, more so than vegetarians who, after all, do eat some animal by-products.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

I only eat or use things you can get while the animal is alive, in the UK I think that is quite a normal distinction to make.

I am periodically to be found peering at the labels in shoe shops trying to find non leather shoes that are suitable to wear to the office. These tend to be the cheapest poorest quality shoes, which increases the frequency of this activity, as they don't generally last very long.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My boyfriend is insane. I think I’m going to keep him.

Being in Blighty just after Christmas, we decided to sample the British seasonal delight that is the January sales. Theoretically we were looking for stuff for sweetheart en rouge, because he has lost 15 kilos in weight and is drowning in all his clothes (we found some beautiful tailored shirts of the extremely English variety in a shop where they measure them properly).

Nonetheless I have somehow managed to end up with a very lovely new winter coat which he bought for me because I liked it and he is barking mad. It has a big furry collar. I feel like a great lady in it. [Axe murder]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The coat sounds lovely [Smile] I just bought myself a fitted red wool coat and feel very glamourous in it. Quite unlike me, must be my midlife crisis (the same excuse for why I keep buying coloured ankle boots).
Lazy day here, I'll probably potter and read. I might possibly apply for a small nursing teaching post but am undecided yet and the deadline is Thursday!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Yesterday kind of overtook me; usual church in the morning, then an afternoon of phoning home (doesn't everyone do that on a Sunday?) followed by acting as D's sous-chef while he made his contribution to the choir party, making my own contribution to said party, singing my wee heart out in the carol service (there was much Decanal Grinning™) and enjoying the said party. By the time I got home, although it wasn't all that late, I curled up on the sofa and dozed off ...

[Snore]

Today I turned some of the left-overs into a sort of pseudo Spanish omelette (which was really quite good) and did very little else.

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday I was more productive but I was ashamed on Sunday - I sat on my a*se practically all day, watching TV and knitting. I wouldn't dare tell my mother what I'd done: she would be horrified!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016