homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Canada sometimes chats : 2013 (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Canada sometimes chats : 2013
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
French gone in Tisdale, Saskatchewan schools

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/09/02/sk-core-french.html

I think this is a grave mistake. I get that Sask has a low French population proportion. But learning French, I thought it was simply basic to living here. I regret that French did not exist as immersion when I was young. We had useful bits of dialogue such as "Guy va a la discoteque avec Nicole et mange les croissants avec sa chat", and of course the French from cereal boxes. With what's now core French, we could pretty well travel and do the basics, like order beer and smoke meat, but the immersion people seem to me to be able to talk about meaningful things as well.

I'm wondering about Canadian use of French if English, and how well we all do with it.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven't come across much use of French here in Newfoundland, although there are French-immersion classes available, which a few of my friends' children have done; and some schools offer trips to France.

If I'd known when I was making my subject-choices in school that I would move to Canada thirty-something years later, I'd have picked French; as it was I did German, which sadly doesn't get you any Brownie points when you're trying to get Canadian citizenship. [Frown]

Oh well, c'est la vie ... [Big Grin]

[ 07. September 2013, 02:30: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sadly, No Prophet, the local school district is following on the RCC's negligence of francophones in Saskatchewan (Fransaskois, for those who are interested). While the Collège Mathieu de Gravelbourg continues, the Canadian bishops arranged for the suppression of the Diocese of Gravelbourg, which was one of the main props of francophone life there, in the cause of greater efficiency and use of strategic resources. Parishes were incorporated into the Archdiocese of Regina.

Oddly enough, several of my friends from Saskatchewan (Ukrainian, Romanian, and Persian in extraction) speak French, ranging from fair to excellent in their abilities. Perhaps this is just evidence of my frequenting of louche social occasions.

Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Living in Canada's only officially bilingual province, our youngest spent half of grade 5 studying in French.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I apologize to Augustine the Aleut for any insults, real or implied, or any other detraction to his reputation, in this thread:

Any implication of sexism/gender bias raised by me is unintentional and contrary to my intent at the time.

Canadian Politics Thread from May, 2013, now in Oblivion.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Discussion on Canadian politics, in a way which surely mystifies the rest of the planet, can get over-heated at times. I am sorry for my part in contributing to this, and happily accept SPK's gracious apology.

To issues of more relevance to shipmates: consolation for Canadians in the face of the coming of winter can be found in coverage of Senator Duffy's situation, and the prospect of this Saturday's Ottawa Zombie Walk.

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Duffy Debacle may just put another nail in Harper's coffin.
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ya think? Only maybe? Even Muldoon is on his case now.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

I never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Ya think? Only maybe? Even Muldoon is on his case now.

Now I wonder, is there a person named Muldoon, do you mean Mulroney or is this now a nickname for Mulcair?

On another note, have you noticed that Harper's hair is always perfect, and always the same? This says something, though I'm not sure what. Also, his choice of neckties is very boring. Not that politicians dress and grooming is generally very interesting.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I was at the NDP Convention, I was surprised when I saw some media personalities IRL. Terry Milewski is much shorter than I thought, so is Charlie Angus.

Charlie's a great guy, I had a nice conversation with him at the Northern Ontario Caucus Party.

--------------------

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

I will let other shipmates determine if they prefer Mr Harper's current hairstyle with that of his youth. About his ties, I would rather say nothing, but I gather that a consultant determined that lighter colours suit his colouring better.

[recoding link]

[ 24. October 2013, 03:30: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could be worse....ya'll could have a mayor like we have.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

The former mayor of my town is the Chair of our Church Council and a good friend of mine. She instituted the practice of declaring conflicts of interest before church council meetings, just like the municipal council.

I cheekily called it the "Rob Ford Memorial Minute" and she responded that he is a disgrace to mayors everywhere.

OTOH Olivia Chow wants to run for Toronto Mayor. Take it as you will.

--------------------

Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

I think that Olivia Chow would be an excellent mayor (disclosure-- I dealt with her professionally in my former RL when she was assistant to the Reverend Dan Heap, when she was FOB and her English was then not as good as it is now) and the city of Toronto would save an extraordinary amount of money on reinforcing office furniture.

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by Augustine the Aleut:
I will let other shipmates determine if they prefer Mr Harper's current hairstyle with that of his youth. About his ties, I would rather say nothing, but I gather that a consultant determined that lighter colours suit his colouring better.

He's updated his wig?

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Without getting into too much depth, the probable candidates for mayor next year seem to be around 6.

Ford - will not do debates this time, for fear of having to answer questions he is avoiding every day. Has very inexperienced team who are making mistakes. Will rely upon his own money to fuel his campaign. Despised by left right and centre but loved by many who think he is a little guy being picked on. Needs the right to coalesce around him as the only option to beat Chow, and for the left to split again just enough- an unlikely scenario.

Denzil Minnan-Wong - more right wing then Ford, but even more anti-tax (Ford is a populist who doesn't mind spending money as long as its like how he spends money at his family business). Can be vindictive and spiteful. Dogmatic but consistently so. DMW is also quite religious, having met the Pope this summer, and has already come out against Ford on moral grounds. Likely running on a morality campaign. Ford is scared of this guy. Could wipe Ford out and then go toe to toe with Chow.

David Socknaki - former budget chief under Miller, right of centre, fiscally conservative and socially moderate. Already says he is running. Ford seems to think he's a puffball. The thinking person's right wing but needs DMW and Ford to cancel each other out to run against Chow.

Oliva Chow - said to be slowly rounding up all the left and centrist support in order to solidify the non-right at election time, as against the last time when the centre/left was split allowing Ford to win. In response, Ford biding his time but will pounce with all his bluster and commie red baiting when she announces.

Shelly Carrol - Might still run but looking less likely. Centrist. Will run for mayor eventually, just not when it would jeapordize getting rid of Ford.

Karen Stintz - really wants to run against just Ford, but as that is not going to happen, natural inclination to avoid losing will kick in. More right then centre, but flip flops a lot. First councillor to stand up to Ford. Unlikely to run if Chow runs as she wants to stay TTC chair. Likely to run in 2018 if Chow wins.

Nobody else is serious.

I suspect we will see Ford, DMW, Socknacki and Chow on the ballot.

In that scenario, Chow will win, and the right will bide their time until 2018 when they will attempt a 1 v 1 against her, but not with Ford.

[ 25. October 2013, 02:07: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

For the first time ever, I regret that Senate debates are not broadcast. However I do enjoy the Senate Chamber's decor.

As a New Democrat, I must now wash my hands in bleach for typing that.

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

As a fellow New Democrat, I find the Senate providing me with more entertainment than the House these days.

The Quebec court's ruling that the Feds can't unilaterally change the terms of the Senate sets the stage for the SCC's decision.

John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wish I could understand why people are surprised at Harper's bullying, his disregard for due process and his flouting of constitutional convention. By "Harper" I don't mean just the man himself, but include those around him who act on his behalf.

None of these things is new. They've all been on plain view since before his initial term as Prime Minister.

Nor is his willingness to part company with the truth if he sees a partisan advantage.

Enlighten me, please. Why are people surprised?

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

Like Inspector Renault, they are shocked, shocked, to find gambling on the premises.
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

I'm not surprised. ISTM that the PMO tried to "fix" the Duffy/Wallin/Brazeau situation. Along the way, that fix went bad. It was done in a ham-handed way, IMO. It was somehow overlooked that you can't transfer money to people at that level unless authorized to do so by law. I learned this in basic Riding politics.

I'm surprised the Government thought three senators were worth an ounce of political capital at all.

But what is really surprising is that the wheels have fallen off the Conservative machine in such a spectacular fashion in such an unexpected way. For the first time, the Tories look long in the tooth, tired and bereft of ideas.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Tories (and all the other centrist parties*) have been bereft of ideas for a long time. It certainly doesn't surprise me that the CONservative government has been lacking wheels.

*This includes the entire Houses of Parliament.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

My Sister-in-law has just given birth to a bouncing baby girl, my second niece. [Big Grin]

An Anglo-Methodist/Scoto-Catholic Baptism Spectacular will take place shortly. [Angel]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huge congratulations, Uncle SPK! [Yipee]

She's only just been born and she's bouncing already? [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

8.5 pounds. [Big Grin]

I bought her her teddy bear, as I did for my older niece. Both bears are SPK-bear. [Axe murder]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Proper thing - everyone should have a teddy-bear, and it is the duty of the Good Uncle (or aunt) to provide same.

8½ lb? She's half-grown already! [Smile]

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Yeah, she's a bruiser. I hope to see her his weekend. [Smile]

I made sure both teddy bears are the same size and shape, but different colours. One is khaki and the other is chocolate with a cream belly and snout. That way there won't be fights about whose is whose. Sister-in-law appreciates that.

And both bears have bean-bags in their bums so they can sit up. It works really well for the doll stroller my older niece has.

BTW I just returned from Montreal. My hotel was around the corner from Reuben's Deli. My God, that that is DELI. The smoked meat sandwich is from Heaven itself. The cheesecake was divine.

Any cardiologists reading this thread will please avert their eyes! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congrats to SPK and family.

And, just because this seems like a pretty big deal, but the cops apparently have the Rob Ford video, and have all but stated outright that it shows him smoking crack.

The depth of this police investigation has been pretty jaw-dropping. They've apparently been tailing the mayor all over the place for months, snapping pictures of him being given envelopes at wayside gas stations etc.

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been so hard to get any work done today -- constantly flipping between twitter and various news sites. The latest from the Globe and Mail: Toronto has had enough: Rob Ford must resign.

And yet, reading through comments on news articles, there appear to be many Torontonians who still believe this is all just a media witch hunt and that Ford is largely blameless. [Eek!]

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love the tons of surveillance footage from the police files on Ford that have been released. It's like something out of a gangster movie.
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Lothiriel posted:

quote:
Ford is largely blameless. [Eek!]
Large certainly covers it.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I don't really follow politics here much (I haven't got a vote, so my opinion doesn't matter anyway), but the little that I've read about Mr. Ford suggests that he's a lying toe-rag and all-round* nasty piece of work.

* quite literally, judging from the pictures [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
I love the tons of surveillance footage from the police files on Ford that have been released. It's like something out of a gangster movie.

And to what end, I keep wondering? The police didn't put their top detectives and dozens of others on the case for several months now in order to wreak political havoc -- that's not their job. The crack video in itself is not a matter for the police -- they can't charge Ford or anyone else based on the content of the video. But as Lisi was charged with extortion related to the attempted retrieval of the video, it's probable that he was acting on instructions, and Someone Else may also be charged. Will Lisi cut a deal and squeal?

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Montreal and Toronto have been having a competition of late to see which city can have the worst mayor. Montreal was ahead due to two resignations for for taking little brown envelopes.

Toronto just pulled into the lead by seeing Montreal's brown envelopes and raising them a crack pipe.

[Disappointed]

Olivia, hon, it's time dear. Let's get your signs out for Mayor. Your campaign slogan will be "At least I didn't smoke crack." [Disappointed]

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

Rob Ford has admitted smoking crack cocaine.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-rob-ford-yes-i-have-smoked-crack-cocaine-1.2415533

[ 05. November 2013, 18:30: Message edited by: Caissa ]

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I am more concerned that he apparently doesn't remember because he was in a drunken stupor.

Uncontrolled drinking - to which he admits - is the sure sign of an alcoholic.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Ford's got a press conference coming up some time in the relatively immediate future. In the meanwhile, news outlets are still trying to milk his confessional scrum as a "breaking story".

Personally, I loved the "drunken stupor" line. Instant classic.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The mayor ... said he was "ashamed" but felt like "1,000 pounds have been lifted off my shoulders"
Looks to me like there's another thousand still to go!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

One of his drunken stupors. To quote "There’s been times when I’ve been in a drunken stupor."

And he thinks that now that he's admitted it and apologized, that we're all just going to forget about it and support him as mayor now and in the election to come?

It's not just the booze and the crack. Although clearly he is an alcoholic, with all the deceptions and delusions that go along with that. And the fact that he drives himself to events and seems to be already drunk when he gets there (eg the Taste of the Danforth). There have been events going back several years of public intoxication and accompanying obnoxious behaviour. Plus a DUI charge in Florida a few years ago.

It's the lying.

It's the phenomenally poor judgement sneaking around to meet with a thug, convicted criminal, and now alleged drug dealer.

It's the missing emails of his staffers in the four days after the story of the video broke -- emails that may tell of what those staffers were doing to try to recover/destroy the video.

It's the fact that a close associate (see thug and criminal, above) was charged with extortion in relation to the video.

It's the bullying and the blustering, the disgraceful insults hurled at journalists who were just doing their jobs, holding elected officials to account, and who turned out (surprise, surprise) to have been reporting the truth. They're still waiting for their apology.

And this is just what we know about. Can we believe him when he says "Folks, I have nothing left to hide"?

--------------------

my blog

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

I get the concerns for you easterners. He does appear to be the world's most embarrassing mayor. On the other hand, coffee row out west seems to think that he's probably the most honest one about lying. Whatever exactly that means. [Biased]

Crack? I guess he took the common expression of incredulity "are you on crack?" seriously.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

This just in Canada Is Still Two Decades Behind the U.S. on Video of Mayors Smoking Crack

quote:
National Post
Toronto police finally have video of Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack. But D.C. was way ahead of the trend.... In January 1990, an FBI sting operation busted Washington, D.C. Mayor Marion Barry smoking crack cocaine. The 83-minute video, which was watched by jurors in Barry's trial on drug-possession charges, featured a furious mayor yelling about the woman he was with. "Bitch set me up," he infamously complained.

You can also watch the video of Marion Barry smoking crack, if you really want to. Here's the kicker "After finishing his sentence, Barry won election to the city council with 91 percent of the vote." [Killing me]

[ 06. November 2013, 02:21: Message edited by: no prophet ]

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Doesn't that say more about the electorate than it does about the candidate?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

In a country where Stephen Harper and his party are regularly elected, I think it says a whole lot about the electorate.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In defence of Rob Ford it has to be pointed out that alcoholics [if, indeed, he is one] are often also workaholics.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Watching the PM's Parliamentary Secretary yesterday or the day before I was struck by his strong assertion that it would be improper for him to offer an opinion about Ford as the police investigation was ongoing and it would only be proper to wait for its results before considering what penalty, if any, would be appropriate.

This was the man (and the party, I suspect) that was so eager to exact a penalty before any due process occurred and while a police investigation is ongoing in the case of three senators.

No comment necessary.

Except to note that if Harper reads out of the party Nancy Ruth, Don Plett and the other Conservative senators who abstained or voted against his motion in the Senate, with the three just suspended, his majority there falls to a very small number indeed.

John

[ 06. November 2013, 18:54: Message edited by: John Holding ]

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Section 24 of the Constitution Act, 1867 to the rescue! Make sure Her Maj is on standby! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
On the other hand, coffee row out west seems to think that he's probably the most honest one about lying. Whatever exactly that means. [Biased]

But he hasn't admitted to lying about crack -- on the contrary, he claims that he didn't lie, that he was never asked the "right" question, "Have you ever smoked crack?"

Which is patently false, as news agencies have been at pains to point out today -- he was asked that question dozens of times, including as recently as this past Monday morning on live radio, and he had always either hedged with an answer in the present tense "I do not smoke crack; I am not a crack addict" or ignored the question completely.

He repeatedly lied about other incidents until enough evidence piled up that he was forced to admit the truth. There are a few outstanding incidents where he still claims that he is wrongly accused of drunken/obnoxious behaviour, but his protestations of innocence are increasingly unconvincing.

--------------------

my blog

# 3200

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
In defence of Rob Ford it has to be pointed out that alcoholics [if, indeed, he is one] are often also workaholics.

He in no way is a workoholic.

He has an idea of what a politician does, based on watching his Dad do constituency work back in the late 90's as a bankbench MPP.

It amounts to being a 24 hour telephone help line.

And, no, he doesn't spend all his time on that.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

I'm wondering if Ford is in the running for wackiest Canadian politician ever. Bill Vanderzalm (former BC premier), Grant Devine (former Sask premier), and Gordon Campbell (former BC premier) all come to my mind. Bill and Grant were just plain silly. Gordon was picked up for drinking and driving in Hawaii while premier. Probably there are other good examples.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016