homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I liked WW's opening, so I just copied it:

Here at the beginning of the New Year, just starting in the Chatham Islands, we bring our prayers before God.

Once again I begin with the prayer I used last year:

My God, my Creator, my Redeemer, my Love
Spirit pervading all creation, of which I am a part
Spirit which moves within me and unites me to that whole
May we grow towards unity
May we help each other in our daily needs, earthly, spiritual and emotional
May I learn to have compassion for myself and others
May I be open to the promptings of the Spirit
So that we all may live in peace and love and rejoice in the glory of creation.
Let it be so.

Prayers for all, the quick, the dead, the suffering and unhappy. [Votive]

eta [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 31. December 2012, 14:59: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A men
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pat, a dying neighbour and her children caring for her at home, and grandchildren. Very peaceful and unconscious as her body gradually closes down.

For Cedd and family and all your intentions here

spoken and unspoken

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

sorry to post again

Pat "has taken a turn for the worst"

please pray for her and them in these last hours or minutes

[Votive]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Amen.

Blessings please Lord for the people who find it hard to look forward to the new year. [Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

Pat RIP [Votive]

--------------------

amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers aplenty
[Votive]

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pat, who has entered eternity [Votive]

For the Telemum's appointment on the 7th

For a private intention by 31st January

For R.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My darling Aunt Molly is now comatose and has been given 48 hours to live.
I am packing my bag for the trip to be with the relatives. It is a sad start to my New Year. [Tear]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through, for all, by name.

God bless us, every one.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen to PeteC's prayer

For the repose of the soul of Imersge's Pat and comfort for her grieving children and grandchildren [Votive]

For Cedd and family [Votive]

For those who find it hard to look forward to the new year [Votive]

For the Telemum's appointment, for Telepath's private intention by 31 January, for R [Votive]

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and her Aunt Molly [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. And also for my mother-in-law, who faces the new year without her partner.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Lee, who didn't get to jump today, that he gets the help and support he needs through this crisis. [Votive]

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for this New Year [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all on this Ship's journey as we enter 2013

That Pat may rest in peace and rise in glory and that Imersge Canfield and other family and friends of Pat may be comforted and strengthened

For all for whom this time is one of sorrow and worries

For Telemum's appointment

For Telepath's private attention

For Telepath's R

For Ye Olde Motherboard's Aunt Molly and for Ye Olde Motherboard and whole family

For Cedd

For Rosa Gallica officinalis' Lee

For all for whom 2012 was a time of suffering and sorrow

In thanksgiving for all blessings received in 2012

In thanks that, in spite of a potentially diagnosis, over a year since that diagnosis God has maintained me in good health and spirits. Halleluyah!

May God keep my liver strong.

For my niece J and for her seriously troubled daughter L, wherever they may be (when last I checked no one had heard anything about them for months

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

[ 01. January 2013, 19:56: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who have posted, and for their intentions. [Votive]

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Inmersge Canfield's Pat, may she rest in peace and rise in glory. For Pat's children and grandchildren.

For Cedd.

For Malik3000's troubled relatives, for him to hear that they are safe and well.

For Malik3000's liver, also, melanoma be gone!

For Starbug's mother-in-law.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and her aunt.

For my private intention re 31st January, and I feel I need some encouragement there too.

For R.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

There is so much prayer here, I thank God and you,

I am seeking to 'tune in' to it; and praying for all raised here.

[Votive]

--------------------

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those who hope this year may be brighter than last. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

For my friend Steve's friend, also called Steve, who has suffered a nasty breakdown recently - for him, his wife and his kids.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Ross...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through by name [Votive]

Asking for prayers for the 3 000 left homeless after a fire raged out of control in Khayelitsha settlement near Cape Town [Votive]

For all those caught up in conflict in Damascus and Aleppo in Syria [Votive]

For all those killed and injured at a religious rally at a stadium in Luanda, Angola. That the authorities and organisers might learn something about crowd safety regulations after so many incidents this past year [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Welease Woderwick's Steve, his wife, and his kids.

For Ross.

For the 3000 left homeless after the fire in Khayelitsha settlement near Cape Town.

For those caught up in conflict in Damascus and Aleppo.

For those killed and injured in the rally in Luanda, and for improved crowd safety in Angola.

For Rosa Gallica Officinalis' Lee, sorry to leave that out yesterday.

For a good day tomorrow for us all.

For R.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: health, encouragement, general upholding, and private intentions.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

Please pray for N, who meets with occupational health today to decide whether he should take early retirement through ill-health. I'm accompanying him to the appointment. Lord, please guide the doctor to judge his case wisely and with compassion.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Ross and all suffering with cancer.

For Telepath and the Telemum.

For all in need, Lord hear their cries.

Requesting prayer as my health is again in a downward spiral and I am the sole caretaker of my mother.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear God, I need your help. Please.

Amen [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

Praying through all requests [Votive]

Niteowl [Votive]

Mad Cat [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Thank you for all your prayers for N. The referral was very positive and in his favour. [Smile]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Morlader and Morladres [Votive]
Also for my friend Kathy and her family in Texas - her father died on Friday.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Martha
Shipmate
# 185

- Posted      Profile for Martha   Email Martha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my husband, who has come home in tears from the first two days at his new job.
Posts: 388 | From: in the kitchen | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

For Martha's husband;

for Cedd;

& all written here and on last year's list.

And all other needs and intentions +

[Votive]

[ 03. January 2013, 21:27: Message edited by: Imersge Canfield ]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Repeating PeteC's New Year prayer, and reading and praying for all others individually.

[Votive] Prayers for all those this year for whom noone else eill prayer.

[Votive] Please, prayers also for I, mother of my friend E, who is in Intensive Care at the moment and unlikely to leave.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For ArachnidinElmet's I and E.

For Cedd.

For Starbug's N, hooray!

For Mad Cat.

For Niteowl and her mother.

For St Gwladys' friend Kathy.

For Ross.

For Golden Key's upholding and health.

For Martha's husband.

For Morlader and Morladres.

For the Telemum's appointment on the 7th.

For T.

For R.

For M. and G.

For health, relationships and upholding for me please, also my private intention by the 31st.

[ 03. January 2013, 23:23: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

eta: prayers and upholding for all of us here as well, please - particularly Himself.

[ 04. January 2013, 01:28: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016