homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For people struggling with depression and health worries. [Votive]

Also, in the past couple of weeks my eyes have made a lot of progress with a change of diet, mega-vitamins and stress-busting. I'm really hoping that some longstanding visual problems may even clear up completely - it would be so good to get rid of them and see clearly again, and I do now feel there is hope. (This is the third episode, and it seems to take longer each time to clear up.)

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ariel, that is great news. [Votive] for continued progress.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Thank you for your prayers for Roger! He is doing much better today, and they were taking out the drainage tubes this evening. Y'all are awesome!

I would be grateful for your awesome prayers again. Roger has had a major setback. [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another job possibility has come up. Once again my immediate reaction is fear, and to see all the problems linked with this. Which, in turn, feeds the fear that I am never going to be able to hold down a job again. And this is only a possibility - not even an interview, let alone an actual offer.

Prayers for courage would be much appreciated.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Robert (and all else in need)

Prayers are effective!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for you all, in particular Robert Armin and others affected by anxiety and stress.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Kelly Alves to ace those classes and find workable study spaces.

For FooloftheShip.

For healing for Ariel.

For jedijudy's Roger, for healing.

For Robert Armin, for suitable employment.

Usual stuff for me pls, kthx

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all concerns. Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Herself's nephew will be transferred to another hospital, down south in the state capital, over the next few days where investigations can continue.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

BTW, thanks for your prayers re making it to an appointment, even though I had the flu. I was well enough then to go, but got a call ahead of time that the person I was to see had the flu! Ditto with a different appointment. And my flu is getting worse again. Hmmm...maybe I need to word my prayer requests more carefully...? [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

My colonoscopy has been scheduled for 28th February. It would have been even sooner, but I changed it to accommodate other people who don't even appreciate it. *grump* Still, Thank You Lord that I don't have to wait until April, which it could have been if I chose a different hospital.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Didn't get offered work, although they "would be happy to work with me sometime in the future"...whatever that means! Oh well. Onward and upward. At least I have some work, as does Mr D. It's just not quite necessarily enough.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God bless you people, and thank you for praying! You are such a comfort to me. I am now at home, and going slightly stir crazy. That must mean I'm getting lots better!

I would very much appreciate continued prayers re finances and Mr Lamb's test on Saturday. If he fails it, I doubt he'll try again.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

and my daughter, M, is much better having flu - Dr gave her medication and tomorrow she's going back to work. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all specially those that have been ill and are recovering and those making decisions about jobs/careers.
Prayers please for my son, S, who has just left home (again) to start his first professional job. I'm still worried it won't pan out, though I have no real reason to think that

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know this thread is mainly for more personal requests but please pray for Tunisia. Tomorrow could be a very difficult day for the country here as it deals with the aftermath of the assassination this week. The funeral takes place tomorrow, a general strike has been called and there are likely to be many demonstrations which could easily turn nasty. Meanwhile those in power are struggling to find a way forward politically, and if they don't manage it the whole situation could continue to deteriorate into more violence. Lord have mercy. [Votive]
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for everyone here

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Knackered, praying thru

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

As always, please pray for my brother's job search.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all,

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Please pray for N, who I'm representing as union steward. Despite (nominally) following the right procedures, management are still victimising this poor disabled man at every opportunity. It's been dragging on for two years now and they still don't understand what 'reasonable adjustments' means. God help us all.

[ 08. February 2013, 05:55: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

Thanks to all for the prayers re: my surgery. It means a lot to have SoF prayer team praying. I would ask for continued prayers as I am experiencing complications which might necessitate major surgery.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May the Lord bless us and keep us.
May the Lord make his countenance to shine upon us and give us His peace.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just a small thing - I have either tendonitis or arthritis in my left wrist, and have had whatever it is for the last six years or so. Today at 3pm I'm having an MRI to come up with a proper diagnosis. I'm a bit nervous about being in the MRI. I know; I'm a wuss. I'd appreciate prayer.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for me, please. Yesterday I freaked out about a knock on our front door... I had just gotten out of the shower and was stark naked and for some reason I flipped out, thinking the door was going to open and someone would see me in the buff... anyway, I hit the hallway door with my shoulder, tried to counter-balance and slammed my left pinkie toe into a full can of paint! Owwwww! Luckily, we don't think it's broken but I have to walk on it... I have no choice... gotta go to the bank and get medicine for the cat, etc. Prayers that I can put on a shoe tomorrow and limp to get chores done... [Frown]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

[Votive] for all,

with a special [Votive] for Mr Lamb

and [Votive] for Telepath

--------------------

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all, and especially for NEQ and The5thMary.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up after a few days away revising unwieldy stuff for publication and praying through by name [Votive]

Special prayers for all facing medical ordeals and illness, the Finance monster and family stress [Votive]

For those in Tunisia [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank for your prayers. Thankfully things stayed largely peaceful in Tunis today despite the enormous numbers attending the funeral and the general strike. Hoping things will continue to stay calm and that a workable political way forward can be found.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post 
Fo [Votive] [Angel] [Smile] r the people affectted by the monster snow storm currentl affecting Eastern Canada & USA .

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for an intention, please. I'm in a dead-end job in the kind of place people get out of as fast as they can, and I'd like to get out, too. But most people would say I'm lucky to have this job, because it's a full-time faculty job, and there are almost none of those left anywhere. I'd love to be able to return to the part of the country I still consider my home, but it seems the only way to do that (because I'd still have to work) is to leave teaching behind and start building a career as an academic administrator. I don't really want to, but I don't want to stay where I am, and every year the conditions for faculty get worse. I am urgently seeking guidance here.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could I ask for prayers for my friend T? He's chronically depressed as well as having all sorts of physical problems, and is terrified (despite his GP's reassurances) that the DWP are going to take away his disability benefit and force him to try to find a job.

And for another friend, P, who thinks her cancer is creeping back and is making a list of things to do before she dies.

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here, and for all who need prayer [Votive]

Please pray for me for a private intention.

Thanks
A

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Readig and praying (I need to get into the habbit if checking up on this thread regularly and posting in it!)

I would like prayer for William- diagnosed with cancer that has spread and his wife who is carring for him.

Barry recovering from treatment and his wife as she cares for him.

And my mum as she waits the result of a scan following the last of her palliative chemo therapy and Dad as he tries to care for her. They need to come to terms with how far they are from the end of that journey.

I could do with being straightened out myself with work, church, th eold black dog and even knowing what I want to do.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Adrienne.

For daisymay's daughter.

For Dormouse and Mr Dormouse, for sufficient employment.

For Golden Key, for healing.

For Grammatica, for a better job somewhere else.

For Gussie's son.

For Lamb Chopped and also for Mr Lamb.

For Lucia and for Tunisia.

For Nicolemr and her brother.

For Niteowl, for healing.

For North East Quine.

What PaulBC said.

For Starbug, for healing, and for justice for her comrade.

For The 5th Mary, that would be a funny story if only you hadn't hurt your foot. And, uh, didn't have to clean up the paint.

For The Midge and parents, for all the needful things.

Good news! The Telemum definitely has hyperparathydroidism so a quick inpatient operation to pop out the offending growth is all that's needed.

Bad news: she just went to bed with what I hope is just an upset stomach, not the disease escalating to urgency, nor something worse. UPDATE: she's up and saying she's better, all that typing for nothing UPDATE: she had to run. As you were.

I need a bit more self-discipline. I don't *want* more self-discipline but I *need* it. Oh the year I gave up self-discipline for Lent, that was a good year.

[ 09. February 2013, 21:28: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Prayers for all for our Lord's care.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
****er concern.

Link fixed. You are welcome.
Campbellite
AS ****

[ 12. February 2013, 03:14: Message buggered about with by: Campbellite ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016