homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For S and his parents.

For Japes, for courage to make the decision.

For Sir Kevin's successful windsurfing. For his brother.

For the infant survivor from the Welsh family.

For malik3000, melanoma be gone!

For malik's J, for healing and financial safety, and for his employers to stop bearing false witness against him. For C, for healing.

For Nanny Ogg's J, for employment and sobriety.

For me, usual stuff esp. continued employment, for putting on the greatest show on earth on 1st March, etc.

For the courage, wisdom, scheduling, and self-discipline to pursue my heart's desire.

For the Telemum.

For R.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

For M. [Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have had a nasty virus the past few days, causing a lot of dizziness. I ended up sent home from work yesterday, then in a and e later on when i felt dramatically worse.

I need to call in sick today, which is scaring me, even though i know they are understanding people.

Please pray for my nerves and to feel better, also for the doctor i have been referred on to to find out what, if anything, is wrong (i am daring to hope that this may explain the tiredness and frequent illness i have struggled with)

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have to have a series of invasive tests with the first one being on Monday. I am reminding myself that just because a symptom could be a warning of something serious doesn't mean it is.

Also the nature of the tests is such that they could cause flashbacks to a series of traumatic experiences.

I would appreciate prayers for courage and calm.

Thank you.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huia, God holds you in his hand, always. I offer a(( )) and a prayer.

[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Special prayers from us too, Huia.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all struggling with fear; especially Mrs Shrew and Huia.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all, especially Huia

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Huia

Mrs Sioni has four weeks off, following her trip at work on Saturday, which chipped a bone in her knee. [Votive] she doesn't go stir crazy and that it doesn't muck things up at work.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Huia [Votive]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I received an e-mail from my friend L about how she spent Valentine's Day. In pertinent part (with suitable editing to obscure names) it read:

quote:
I was home with a migraine yesterday, but most of my day (once I got up “officially”) was spent negotiating terms to get a friend away from her verbally & physically abusive boyfriend. I certainly couldn’t go get her, and D [L's husband] wouldn’t have allowed me to go into that situation alone, so he went up to get her, and she wouldn’t go with him. He turned around and left, but then she called me again and wanted to go, so I called him and told him to turn around, which he did, and he brought her to our house, where she talked for a bit, then took a long nap, then had dinner with us, and then D took her home. (She lives with her mom due to not driving due to a car accident 5 years ago in which she sustained a brain injury, was out of work and in rehab for about two years, etc., so she can’t drive again yet, etc.) And not that anyone NEEDS to be punched upside the face/head, but a person with a brain injury especially does not need more damage to that area, along with the psychological goodies it brings.
Protecting a friend from abuse may well be the absolute best way to spend a Valentine's Day that I have ever heard.

I would request prayers for L's friend and also pray for the Lord to bless L. She has her own medical issues and problems and yet they don't stop her from standing up for her friends.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]
Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying. [Votive]

[Votive] Huia [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mrs Shrew, Huia, Hedgehog.

The Telemum has a lot of pain in her knees, taking paracetamol to little effect. She dismisses the idea of seeing a doctor about it because at best, they would give her painkillers, and it's obvious to her that all painkillers are just like Tramadol.

Continued employment etc for me pls, kthx

For a set of private intentions.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My oldest uncle passed away about 6 hours ago. Not unexpected. My Mum's first sibling to die this. She's a widow now so been through these sort of things. But still....

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Og and his mother.

For continued employment, good habits, my heart's desire etc.

For the Telemum and the Teleknees.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I would be grateful for your awesome prayers again. Roger has had a major setback. [Frown]

Thank you! Roger is doing fantastically well! His heart is functioning well, and he's able to enjoy laughing and talking with his friends! He's still in ICU and prayers are still needed to speed him on his way home.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For heàling for jedijudy's Roger.

For the Telemum and the Teleknees.

For continued employment, my heart's desire, good habits, etc.

For banishment of the Finance Monster. I may have played chicken with him a little bit this weekend.

For L. Who has cut short an employment situation to rush to her sick father's bedside.

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for all who struggle [Votive]

for my daughters, please. all of them. [Votive]

for my friend El, that she may feel peace, and allow others to help her. [Votive]

that I manage to help all who need helping in the time that I have, without two people needing me at once. thanks.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and adding my prayers [Votive]

My finance monster roared at me on Saturday and gave me a proper scare. I think I have a way to see it off again. I pray for financial wisdom [Votive]

And for a private intention [Votive]

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I woke up with a recurrence of my vertigo - I've not had it for over 2 years so have completely forgotten which of the miscellaneous boxes of drugs that I have is supposed to treat this! Getting an appt with the doctor is probably impossible, the chemists are shut today, and I need to prepare my lessons for the week.
Please can you pray that I manage to get through everything reasonably well, without succumbing to the nausea that is prowling around. And that I act sensibly in dealing with this...Thank you.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all.

[Votive]

Update for me: I'm holding my own and another procedure, not the major surgery, has already been scheduled. Major surgery will follow if that doesn't work.

[ 18. February 2013, 07:20: Message edited by: Niteowl ]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

My appointment on 28th turns out not to be the actual colonoscopy, but a 20-minute referral. And now I'm nervous because the symptoms are not as great as when I originally saw my GP. I don't want to be seen as a silly middle-aged woman who worries too much (even if it is true!)

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for this woman whose husband committed suicide while depressed.

Also quick update: doc's appointment tonight and I've taken seasickness tablets & feel a bit more human. Thank you for continuing prayers.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Thank you for youir prayers for P - tests have confirmed her cancer isn't back again [Yipee] and the lack of contact has been because she's been busy with various domestic things.

T seems to be doing reasonably well, and has people looking in on him regularly.

(And Hedgehog, thank you for that kind prayer - I live too far away from both of them to feel a lot of use!)

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Praying for all. [Votive]

Will you please hold LK in your prayers as she is at the end of this life? Praying for a peaceful journey for her and for joy to overcome the sorrow of those who will miss her. She is 94, a long life, well lived. It's time to rest.

Lois has gone on to Glory. [Votive]
Those of us who loved her sassy sense of humor and great affection for all will miss her greatly. Especially her sister I. I believe she is the last of the family.

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers for all above. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through.

Seasick, not silly at all to get untoward symptoms checked out.

For Mr Bee, who may be discharged tomorrow but has a lot to cope with. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Taliesin's daughters. For El, that she may feel peace, and allow others to help her. That Taliesin manages to help all who need helping in the time that she has, without two people needing her at once.

For financial wisdom for Mad Cat.

For healing for Dormouse.

For healing for Niteowl.

For healing for Starbug.

For the woman known to Dormouse, whose husband committed suicide while depressed.

For Margaret's P, for continued healing. For T, for healing.

For jedijudy's Lois and all who will miss her, especially her sister I.

For healing for Mr Bee.

For me, for continued employment etc. I am very socially isolated now. I am feeling a bit resentful that I have to jump through so many hoops to make even the smallest connection with another person. My phone rang the other day and I eagerly grabbed it up; turned out my friend had accidentally butt-dialled me. That happened the last time she called, too. Six months ago. I also know what happens to people when they start to feel like I'm feeling right now: they become very undesirable friends to have.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the support and prayers everyone. Scan results showed abnormalities (which may still be benign). This means that I have some more invasive procedures coming up to investigate things further.

I'd consider running away to sea, but I don't think middle-aged cabin girls with a fear of heights would be welcome.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many prayers for everyone, especially Huia. May Our Lord continue to hold you. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016